Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.courant.com/news/connect...ooting/hc-lanza-ghost-20121219,0,359337.story

this link says he got his DL at age 18

also he had a cell phone but it contained nothing useful

also says he played video games online but due to hard drive damage that may be hard to piece together... (my thought: if he played online he would have a username.. hopefully they will be able to figure that piece out)
^ also the article which notes that the report that AL tried to buy a gun within a few days before the shootings is evidently erroneous.

Sandy Hook Shooter Lanza Left Little For Investigators To Trace (Hartford Courant)

much else in it as well

I wonder if either NL or PL's families had developmental disorders or mental illnesses in their relatives.

Sorry if it was posted already:

EXCLUSIVE: Inside the mind of Newtown killer Adam Lanza; he ‘was like a ghost’

In the days before the massacre, the mother of Adam Lanza was pushing her loner son to leave the Newtown home that provided his refuge from reality, a family friend told the Daily News Wednesday.

“He sat in his room playing video games for hours and hours,” the friend said. “She thought the best thing was for him to get out of the house and into the world. To interact with people a little bit.”

-------

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ewtown-killer-article-1.1223612#ixzz2Fbi2Ck1q

Nancy Lanza's Body To Be Claimed By Out-Of-State Family

12/20/12 06:52 AM ET EST

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Connecticut's chief medical examiner says arrangements are being made out of state for the burial of the mother of Adam Lanza, who fatally shot 20 children and six adults in a Newtown elementary school.

Carver says he doesn't know the name of the funeral home, but says police in New Hampshire are fielding questions from the media. Nancy Lanza once lived in New Hampshire and her brother is a retired police captain in Kingston, N.H.

Carver wouldn't say whether Adam Lanza's body remains unclaimed.

-------

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/20/nancy-lanzas-body_n_2336898.html

These outbursts are usually called meltdowns in the Aspie circles. My son suffered from them horribly. They can appear quite scary, but the Aspie having them is actually more frightened than the person watching. There are different ways to handle them. For my son, having him go to his "cave" was one method. That is a quiet place where they can go to calm down. He had one at home and eventually they let him have one at school.

Another one that works well for strangers is to say something completely unrelated to what is going on. I gave this tool to a couple of his kinder classmates and they tried it with success. What you do is catch them early on in the meltdown and say something completely unrelated to what is going on . Like, say "Oh my gosh! What is that on the ceiling?" It can completely defuse the situation and the Aspie "snaps" out of it.

BTW, meltdowns decrease in the teen years. My son hardly ever experiences them anymore and he's around AL's age. And during meltdowns, things are not calculated, they are chaotic. This shooting wasn't due to Asperger's, I'd bet my last dollar on it. It's something else. It's whatever these murderers have in them that they all share... and we need to find it.

I didn't bring up the outbursts in the context of explaining the murders, it was just in relation to the previous post that said he was probably never violent. A child who is subject to outbursts might sometimes express his frustration in a physical way.

IMO the murders had nothing to do with any outbursts or meltdowns or attacks of sudden rage. His going on a rampage was not a result of a momentary snapping, it was completely premeditated. MOO

I didn't bring up the outbursts in the context of explaining the murders, it was just in relation to the previous post that said he was probably never violent. A child who is subject to outbursts might sometimes express his frustration in a physical way.

IMO the murders had nothing to do with any outbursts or meltdowns or attacks of sudden rage. His going on a rampage was not a result of a momentary snapping, it was completely premeditated. MOO

Oh I didn't think you thought they were. I was just describing them first hand to help others who might see a child having a meltdown one day and would like to try to defuse it. (I might be guilty of being OT! :eek:)

And to reinterate that an Aspie meltdown isn't anything like what happened at Newtown.

:tears: I'm still teary over losing these kids and their teachers. Will it ever go away? No. :tears:

^ also the article which notes that the report that AL tried to buy a gun within a few days before the shootings is evidently erroneous.

Sandy Hook Shooter Lanza Left Little For Investigators To Trace (Hartford Courant)

much else in it as well

BBM

From the article:

The massive investigation team, which includes state, federal and Newtown officers, has been broken into separate units each with a different task. The investigation into Lanza's computer is being handled by federal authorities, who also are investigating Internet threats and postings that have been made since the slayings.

The article goes on to mention two social media incidents/hoaxes.

I get the impression that specific individuals have been identified in probably several cases.

"Someone is going to be arrested," a law enforcement official said.

ITA Hickory!

As for the 5th grade report - I saw a T-shirt from that year where all the kids signed their names - and his was right there.

What gets me if that he was there for 5th grade - where was he for 1st - 4th?

And yes, I agree that Mrs. Sherlach (the psychologist) might have been part of that connection. She had been at the school for a long long time and was there when he would have attended. I'm curious if she recognized him when her and Mrs. Hochsprung went out to confront him.

As for the "creepy" black and white picture of him - I think that probably was his DL picture. Now we hear he got his DL at 18 - so that pic was TWO YEARS ago! I have to wonder what he looked like last week.

LE being back in the house tells me they are finding info that leaves questions for them and those answers are most probably in that house. Lt. Vance had said they were going through every piece of paper in that house - ok - so why is the crime lab needed? They are looking for something else - JMHO!!!!!

I read an article that classmates who knew Adam Lanza from elementary school said they remember him as being very bright but painfully shy, that he didn't make eye contact although he did speak up to answer questions in class.

What I'd like to know is how do we distinguish someone who is simply painfully shy vs. antisocial personality disorder?

Well, in thinking back................

It was in one of the early pressers that Lt. Vance said "we have very good evidence found on the scene that helps provide the how and possibly even the why". I still want to know what they found on him (or in the car).

Nothing more has been said about that. But I remember that statement quite well.

Now they are saying they didn't find any notes, manifesto, or plans or anything "written" down. So, what did they find on him? A flash drive maybe? Yet, he tried to destroy the hard drive at the home. Here's one that I thought of - maybe a class picture of when he went there or paperwork (report cards, evaluations, parent conference notes)?

All of these mass shooters have a reason (albeit most of them make no sense), but they have a reason or connection to the venue. They just don't randomly pick that place they shoot up. I really want to know the connection to the school because it sickens me that he targeted little children - babies really.

JMHO

Oh, wow. Great conclusion, you guys! If he attended that school, they would be called to testify in his competency hearing. That would be why he chose THAT school.

I keep going back to the connection between him and the school.

IMO he attended there more than just the one year we've heard (5th grade).

They moved there in 1998 - AL was 6 years old. That's first grade age. IF he didn't attend Sandy Hook until 5th grade - well then where was he going to school?

We know he went to a private Catholic school for middle school and the public high school.

The only schooling years we haven't heard about where he was is 1st through 4th grades. I believe we'll find out in the end that he did, indeed, attend Sandy Hook for
1st through 5th grades.

JMHO

Yesterday on HLN Evening Express that said they had confirmed that the killer had attended Sandy Hook in the 1st, 3rd, 4th and part of the 5th grade. MOO

Four Years and not one word. I can't imagine.

Here's another article about the same hairstylist to Adam.

http://wtvr.com/2012/12/20/adam-lanza-haircut/

"I wish I would’ve killed him then,” he says. “Or he should have killed himself a long time ago. He would’ve saved us all the trouble. … He should’ve run in front of a bus, or some other type of terrible death he should’ve done to himself."

I think this hairstylist has issues with violence himself.

Here's another article about the same hairstylist to Adam.

http://wtvr.com/2012/12/20/adam-lanza-haircut/

"I wish I would’ve killed him then,” he says. “Or he should have killed himself a long time ago. He would’ve saved us all the trouble. … He should’ve run in front of a bus, or some other type of terrible death he should’ve done to himself."

I think this hairstylist has issues with violence himself.

i think he is dealing with the anger part of the grieving process. just moo

i think he is dealing with the anger part of the grieving process. just moo
Especially if he is related to or personally knew any of the victims.......

I think there will be A LOT of angry people there in the days and months to come - just from the grieving process.

JMHO

Trees in Southbury, where Allison Wyatt's funeral is being held, are being decorated with green balloons, the little girl's favorite color. The parking lot of Sacred Heart Church in Southbury is slowly filling up. The 6 year-old's funeral begins at 11. Allison loved to garden with her mother and was always outside, especially in summer.

Raised in Katonah, [Anne Marie] Murphy loved to paint and was the sixth of seven children in her family. She was an aide to a special needs student at the school. Cardinal Timothy Dolan is expected to preach at the suburban New York funeral. Archdiocese of New York spokesman Joseph Zwilling says Dolan will be the principal celebrant at Thursday's service for Anne Marie Murphy. Zwilling says the cardinal wants "to express his support for all who lost their lives in Newtown and their families."

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Services-for-6-more-Sandy-Hook-victims-4134487.php#ixzz2FbtCmpl9

More on Anne Marie Murphy:

Murphy was found in a classroom, her body crumpled on top of the children for whom she acted as a human shield, according to a first responder who described the scene to her 86-year-old father, Hugh McGowan.

Her heroism was confirmed by 6-year-old victim Dylan Hockley's parents, Nicole and Ian Hockley, in a statement Monday: "We take great comfort in knowing that Dylan was not alone when he died, but was wrapped in the arms of his amazing aide, Anne Marie Murphy."

Murphy worked one-on-one with Dylan, who had special-education needs.

http://newyork.newsday.com/news/nat...-newtown-hero-to-be-buried-thursday-1.4357264

Keep in mind this information isn't confirmed or anything. The other night, I think it was Tuesday night or Monday night. When all the activity started up at the house in a hurry. Rita Cosby stated she had been told the guns had been kept locked up in a lock box in the basement. The basement, of all places! geesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollySumpter