Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. She couldn't tell her friends that she was going to institutionalize her son because she reportedly did not share any personal info. about her home life. Her friends were never told about the difficult time she was having with Axxx.

She told her friends that Axxx was going allllllllllllllll the way across America to attend "a special school". IMO, this was going to be her excuse for why he wasn't able to ever come home and visit.

Why would she need an excuse for that though?

I mean, how would anybody know the difference? None of her friends seem to have interacted with Adam in the regular course of affairs anyway so they wouldn't consider it odd if they didn't interact with him during the presumed school holidays that he would be home.

And if she was planning to move...?

I just can't see a mom locking her adult son in a basement for a day or up to a week or more. Did he say okay Mom, see you when you get back and or did he not even care? There's a lot to be revealed I hope.

Btw, I did have an employee tell me he had been chained in his closet at age 15 for a long long time. I met him at age 20 when he became an employee at my work & I was his boss, he told me about his life one day around Christmas time in the early 90's. He told me of his rage too if he ever saw his family again. I moved away and haven't talked to him in years. Good kid/guy but I saw his rage when talking about his parents and his torture.

I truely hope there nothing like this that occurred. I think it's more of an abandonment issue possibly. I don't want to ever think NL was neglecting him as I see her as a loving mother. I hope that stays the same when all is told.

That's a total misstatement if the facts. The murderer was given extra security at high school to protect him from bullying. Thats all.

Gnight friends.

Novia did say that he was supposed to watch out for Adam hurting himself because of the pain insensitivity.

Richard Novia, the school district's head of security until 2008, who also served as adviser for the school technology club, said Lanza clearly "had some disabilities."

"If that boy would've burned himself, he would not have known it or felt it physically," Novia told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "It was my job to pay close attention to that."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...DKwF2A?docId=26dd825803b1440087624a76620f186f

There is a whole lot more to this story and when it come out it's gonna be big!

Isabelle I am with you on this one.......I have read literally dozens of forums on this case and there is definitely more to this one.

While I think Adam had major social problems the dynamics of their relationship had something to do with this as well.

The article someone posted upthread about the 15% of boys who killed their mothers first was very interesting. It was all about control. I am sure Nancy loved her son very much and I do think she is a victim, however something is not right with their relationship.

Someone posted a link about the hairdresser saying that Adam never moved when his hair was being cut, unless his mother told him to and yet there are also articles that she couldnt control him.

I gather when she was going to the restaurant a couple of times a week to get salads and have a couple of drinks Alex was at home in his basement on his computer.......what I want to know is was he waiting for the salad?

This is not my opinion, just wondering about a few things that just dont feel right, especially knowing he shot his mother four times in the face.......you want to take her out, you shoot her once in the heart.............has it been confirmed they were hollow bullets????? if so then I literally feel sick, why so much hatred?

Also why did she never invite anyone into the house??

RE: The nature of details released will likely set the tone for future conversations on how to prevent a similar mass shooting.

“I think that right now, the biggest piece of the puzzle is in the understanding, in the motive, and I think as they work the case and come to an understanding, we’ll see what caused this,” DeCarlo said.
Lee said investigators are going to look for “any writing, any notes, any so-called ‘unwritten’ notes such as the type of emotional mood change that often could be overlooked.”

“That’s what we call unwritten language,” he said. “Sometimes they do not write a note, but they provide a sign.”

What Lanza did “is not a spur-of-the-moment decision” in which he simply “snapped,” Lee said.

“He had to do some planning,” he said.

The fact that he killed his mother, Nancy Lanza — shooting her as she lay in bed — before heading to the school “is a message,” Lee said. “Basically, you kill your parents, it either comes out of love or out of hatred,” he said.
______
"Love, hatred, or as a means to an end".. AL, needed access to the weapons & ammunition, to carry out his well layed evil plan, imo..

"My question would be, "when and what are we going to learn, not only from the Sandy Hook tragedy, but also from the many mass shootings over the past 50+ years"? Charles Whitman, also murdered his mother, as well as his wife, before the mass murder in 1966; The TX Clock Tower Shooting, Columbine, and the many others have provided more than enough info for studies. When are we going to establish a plan to prevent future shootings? Without public safety for our families, we have nothing...

Charles Whitman 1/5
Charles Whitman 1/5 - YouTube

My response is not directed strictly to the person quoted, but to all.

It is impossible to legislate public safety. Criminals and the criminally insane do not adhere to laws. A law prevented AL from purchasing a gun, but that didn't stop him. He simply stole them from his mother, and if not her, most likely someone else. He also could have built a homemade bomb as the Columbine duo did. Luckily, the Columbine bomb failed to detonate, but don't forget the Oklahoma City bombing.

We need to be very careful about the solutions we come up with because they just might push such crazy persons to switch to bomb making as their weapon of choice.

Typically, these kinds of loons are total cowards. They aim to kill the weak and defenseless. Advertising a school, church or mall as a gun free zone is an open invitation that inside are adults and children who can't protect themselves. This has got to change.

The recent mall shooting in Oregon was stopped by one civilian with a concealed carry weapon. The cowardly shooter in that case saw a weapon aimed at himself, and so committed suicide. His plan didn't involve anyone else having a gun, and as soon as he saw a gun aimed at himself, he knew his killing spree was over, and offed himself.

We will never prevent 100% of the deaths caused by lunatic shooters, but we can increase the odds of survival. 20 precious children, and 6 school employees are lost forever because we as a society didn't protect them.

I doubt we will get significant help from the mental health community. If we go this route, the push will be on for doctors to label someone as dangerous, and mistakes are going to be made. Then doctors and therapists will be too afraid to label someone a danger at the risk of having it backfire on them by getting sued for not only a wrong diagnosis, but defamation. Doctors and therapists will not willingly give up confidentiality either. If forced to do so, we will see an exodus from the mental health field, and then not only will the public be worse off, patients will suffer as well.

Yes, we have to do something, but I think that something is arming voluntary teachers and administrators, and following up with drills, scheduled shooting practice, and being trained in self-defense, and the defense of their charges. One 10 hour course is not going to cut it. Also, classrooms need to be able to be locked from inside, and only accessible from the outside by someone with a key. Classroom doors need shatterproof glass.

How can we possibly intrust schools to protect our children while we allow rules that make teachers and children sitting ducks for the next crazy person?

On top of that, we have the mayor of NY running around calling for the end of gun rights while he has armed body guards protecting him 24/7. Apparently he sees a need for such protection for himself, but not for you or me. Guess he must think that there are enough bad elements in society that he has to guard against, but he doesn't want you to have that right. Does that not set off an alarm? It should.

My mother enabled my Asperger's brother most of his life, but she didn't ever think about the future. So fast forward and at the age of 43, I have him. If they are never challenged, they get VERY comfortable doing only what they are interested in and not interacting with other people.

My brother, when I first had responsibility for him (he has no means of support), thought it was perfectly fine to live in this house and never speak to me unless he needed something. Wrong.

Thought it was perfectly fine to have me support him for the rest of my or his life. Wrong.

So when they are "protected" like this, they get very rigid ideas. I can't even tell you what I have been through in the past 6 months changing this. He has been extremely resistant and lots of anger, etc. has been displayed on his part. I do know with my mother he would break things in the house, I do know he hit her once.

The thing with me is he is deathly afraid of me. And that's just fine with me because fear is the only thing that gets him moving. Right now he is receiving counseling and he is working with vocational rehabilitation, who will find him a job in a more sheltered environment. He does have a history of work, but on a midnight shift in a store, no people interaction. Part time.

The only thing he's had a choice about was 1. do this or be put out of the house. 2. He could choose to go on disability or vocational rehab. He chose vocational rehab. If the job doesn't work out, he will go on disability.

I'm sure there is somebody out there ready to jump about the way I'm handling this, but I need to get him moving. I am 50 years old, our parents died at 70 and 71 after long illnesses. He doesn't have a ton of time to get functional. You do what you have to do. He'd prefer to stay home all day and read about World War II but I'm not having it.

Most people who havent lived with or around ones with this or autism have NO clue about the daily interactions (its very clear reading these threads)

I feel for you and admire the fact you would take on the responsibility

I don't get the outrage at the notion that NL may have taken measures to protect her son from hurting himself in the kitchen while she was out of town. It's been reported that he could feel no pain. It's been reported that she prepared his meals in advance before taking her mini-vacations because she didn't want him cooking.

I have no idea whether or not NL made sure he couldn't enter the main part of the house while she was away on vacation. It was pure speculation. All I know is that it would have made sense to have done so if she was worried about him hurting himself in the kitchen, or if she was worried about him possibly burning the house down by trying to cook for himself.

I just can't see a mom locking her adult son in a basement for a day or up to a week or more. Did he say okay Mom, see you when you get back and or did he not even care? There's a lot to be revealed I hope.

Btw, I did have an employee tell me he had been chained in his closet at age 15 for a long long time. I met him at age 20 when he became an employee at my work & I was his boss, he told me about his life one day around Christmas time in the early 90's. He told me of his rage too if he ever saw his family again. I moved away and haven't talked to him in years. Good kid/guy but I saw his rage when talking about his parents and his torture.

I truely hope there nothing like this that occurred. I think it's more of an abandonment issue possibly. I don't want to ever think NL was neglecting him as I see her as a loving mother. I hope that stays the same when all is told.

NL has been protrayed as a loving mother. However, she has also been reported to saying that she felt like she was losing her son. Why was he depressed? Why would you leave your son to go on vacation when you felt this way about him?

I audibly gasped when someone said people get C's all the time. I guess I know that's true, but I drop a class if I'm not 100% sure I can get an A. I come back to it more prepared, but I drop it for the time being.

IMO it's not surprising at ALLLLLL that he got a bad grade in German. Foreign language courses are too social for my liking, and I have zero social "issues" aside from just being an awkward introvert. Lots of talking and practicing with other students. He did well in his areas of interest, and that's the best way to judge competency IMO. There are a lot of reasons to get a C, including just not caring about the subject at all.

You're only allowed to drop 5 classes MAX at my college in your entire time there...

I don't see why she would even consider locking him up. He seems to be withdrawn and introverted, and did not like leaving home. She may not have needed to lock him in at all. Maybe she just skyped or called him and kept in close contact. She probably had an emergency contact for him in case of anything immediate, but he was pretty high functioning.

I live in NJ, and I have been in many houses, and none of the basements have exterior doors. And I am counting houses that were built in 2012 in this.

If she was paying a private duty nurse to stay
with him, would HIPAA laws apply?
I'm thinking yes.

One problem with arming all teachers with guns is that not all teachers are sane either so then what or what if a high school student wrestles the gun from the teacher...

In the SPRING? Hmm....:banghead:

It might all depend on where AL is being buried. The cemetery that my grandparents are buried at has a policy of no underground burial during the winter. My grandparents died during the winter months. We held the funeral at the time that they passed but then held very small gravesite ceremonies once we were able to bury them.

This is just speculation on my part but he may not be in the same cemetery which could be why he won't be buried until the spring.

JMO

Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

One problem with arming all teachers with guns is that not all teachers are sane either so then what or what if a high school student wrestles the gun from the teacher...

I don't think all the teachers should have guns. But I wish there was a locked cabinet somewhere safe on campus with a gun and some ammo. That principal should have been able to arm herself when she saw that armed intruder enter her building. JMO

I live in NJ, and I have been in many houses, and none of the basements have exterior doors. And I am counting houses that were built in 2012 in this.

:what: No widows either? Totally underground only one way out?

That's a total misstatement if the facts. The murderer was given extra security at high school to protect him from bullying. Thats all.

Gnight friends.

Here it is, Gitana.

At Newtown High School, Adam Lanza had trouble relating to fellow students and teachers, but that was only part of his problem. He seemed not to feel physical or emotional pain in the same way as classmates.

Richard Novia, the school district's head of security until 2008, who also served as adviser for the school technology club, said Lanza clearly "had some disabilities."
"If that boy would've burned himself, he would not have known it or felt it physically," Novia told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "It was my job to pay close attention to that."
Novia was responsible for monitoring students as they used soldering tools and other potentially dangerous electrical equipment.

"He would have an episode, and she'd have to return or come to the high school and deal with it," Novia said, describing how the young man would sometimes withdraw completely "from whatever he was supposed to be doing"....
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/15/adam-lanza-pain-loner-teacher_n_2308641.html

Or the teacher is just careless with the gun.

I suppose if a child accidentally shoots himself or a classmate it's usually just one child that dies and not 20 at a time but it's a small consolation for the parents.

I am totally in favor of the idea that schools should have more connecting doors and escape routes and walls and doors that can't be penetrated by bullets. Something to cover the windows too, just in case.

Wow, this story needs some real news as this thread is going more down hill by the day....

I agree that this case needs some real news, but I don't agree that it's going downhill by the day. I don't think the recent speculation is any more off base than many of the previous ideas/speculations that have been put forth in these threads since last Friday. I think folks need to just not take the opinions and/or speculations of others so personally. MOO

I don't think all the teachers should have guns. But I wish there was a locked cabinet somewhere safe on campus with a gun and some ammo. That principal should have been able to arm herself when she saw that armed intruder enter her building. JMO

I think the idea of guns at schools is crazy. Whats next, allowing kids to be armed to protect themselves!!!!!! Yup, that will go over real well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare