GUILTY Conrad Murray Case - After The Trial & Verdict

I don't find his family disturbed. In fact as far as I am aware none of Jackson siblings have ever been in trouble with the law. Michael was accused and acquitted and the FBI investigated him for 17 years and found nothing. Which shows me the trial was politically motivated and exploited by the media to get profits and ratings.

So the Jackson family seemed to have been raised very well especially to come from an entertainment family with the children starting out so young. I love to see a family who is very united and strong. So many families nowadays are splintered.

We cannot say that MJ wasnt a good father. The vast amount of people who actually knew him and his children have always raved about him being a great father. That cannot be taken away from him by people that don't even know him or his children.

And there is no evidence that he was an active addict either at the time of his death. Everything he was taking was to help him sleep.......not get high.

So even though his method for sleep was legal but unorthodox that does not mean he wasnt a good father though. Most children aren't in their parents bedroom at night when the parent or parents are resting and neither was MJs children.

It is very evident that Paris, Prince and Blanket are exceptional children who were is a deep meaningful relationship with their father who was everything to them since he had raised them since their birth. If we had more fathers like MJ who makes sure they spend quality time with their children every single day the children would be far better off.

No one will ever come close to MJ as far as being the greatest entertainer the world has ever known. And if anyone has watched This Is It knows his talents were still there and his voice just as captivating as it always had been.

He would have rocked the world again if he had not been killed.

BBM

Good comments!!! I totally agree!! Thank you!

I have seen many singers and groups in concert or at a show on "come-back" tours.
No one ever sounded as great as they did when their songs were hits.
Even Paul Anka, who was very good, didn't sound nearly the same.

The only other singer I saw in person/ in concert who sounded exactly like his records from the past, was Roy Orbison.
I saw him a few months before his death in 1988. He put on a fantastic show, even though I heard he wasn't feeling well at the time.

But Roy Orbison was not vigorously dancing nor running up & down the stage while singing!
In "This Is It", MJ's songs sounded just as great as they always did and he was still in such great shape,
still doing his dance steps like he was in his 20s!

A few others that I saw, who were good, but just were not the same at all... some were close, but not the same:

Tony Bennett... ~ 2004. ... it was OK & very close to being the same.

Righteous Brothers... 2003 ... I saw them a month before Bobby H's death. He was strung out, messed up
songs big time, then started giggling, while Bill Medley kept singing, glaring at BH. Bill M was very good, but
not the same as earlier days. I saw them in concert 3 times in the 60s

The Doors... ~ 2007..... of course not everyone from the original band was there, (RIP, Jim Morrison)
and it was more of a tribute with a slide show/video through-out. Kinda close, but no banana!! You could at
least kinda dance in the aisles to the old songs they played.

Peter, Paul & Mary.... I saw in 2003. Very good, but not the same.

Joan Baez... 1998 .... Good, not the same.

Johnny Mathis... I saw in ~ 2006 (?),,, very good, but not close to his younger days.

Kingston Trio..... ~ 2002... good, but not as good as in younger days.

Everly Bros.... ~ 2001.... very good. A close third, after Roy Orbison!

Rolling Stones... ~ 1999.... very good, but not as...

And a lot more. (I'll think of them later, after I post this.) Not one was a close comparison to MJ!

I also saw several "Doo Wop" and "Oldies" Shows/Concerts (can't remember any names at the moment) in NYC, Vegas,
Atlantic City, & CT... with each show having many groups... and individuals.... each singing their hit song(s) from the past.

Some were just one-hit wonders during their career, and it didn't even sound the same.

Nope.... IMO, nobody made a come-back like MJ did. I saw it in "This Is It". I realize there was a lot of editing done to
make it great ... it was films from rehearsal, not filmed for a later documentary. And he was preparing for a live tour!

I've always wanted to see Tina Turner and Cher in concert, but DIMMIT, never had the opportunity for either...
I've heard both TT & C still sound the same.

The other person I'd like to see (from my past) is Rod Stewart. A friend said he puts on
a good show, but can't sing, jump around, nor dance LIVE... like he did in his younger days.
I still love HIM and would definitely forgive any errors he made!!

Has anyone noticed the times on here? It's EST, right?
I think the "clock" hasn't been changed yet.
Or I'm just confused! AFAIK, I'm now 2 hours behind NY.

The time here is a 3 hours difference from my time..

Has anyone noticed the times on here? It's EST, right?
I think the "clock" hasn't been changed yet.
Or I'm just confused! AFAIK, I'm now 2 hours behind NY.

The time here is a 3 hours difference from my time..

I have my options set to show my local time and it is correct.

Juror on GMA this morning:

Nearly all the 12 jurors chosen to decide the fate of Dr. Conrad Murray in the trial over the death of Michael Jackson had decided on his guilt the first day of deliberations, the first juror in the case to speak out exclusively tells ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-ja...d-murray-juror/story?id=14912611#.TrqVbfLwZbw

Thank you for the link, Talina.

This juror is # 5, Debbie Franklin, a mother of 2, a paralegal.... is very well spoken and seems very intelligent.
She said the jurors were not unanimous, at the end of the first day!! So they went home to sleep on it.

The reasons for the guilty verdict were right on!
1. Not calling 911.
2. Not having the proper equipment.
3. Leaving MJ alone.

She has no regrets. She didn't give it another thought, about CM, after the jurors left the courtroom.
She said, "I assumed he'd go to jail. I doubt the judge would say, "OK you can go home, now. I did my job."

I hope more jurors speak out or perhaps a different interviewer. I'd really like to know what they thought about the expert witnesses and if they believed there was a drip.

I hope more jurors speak out or perhaps a different interviewer. I'd really like to know what they thought about the expert witnesses and if they believed there was a drip.

So do I! .

I'd also like to know what the reasons were for those that thought, at first, Not-guilty.
Ms Franklin said the jurors weren't unanimous at the end of the 1st day.

So do I! .

I'd also like to know what the reasons were for those that thought, at first, Not-guilty.
Ms Franklin said the jurors weren't unanimous at the end of the 1st day.

I thought she had said at one point that there were some that were not convinced he was soley responsible. Perhaps that is what the problem was on Friday.

Here's from another juror that has asked to remain anonymous:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/09/conrad-murray-trial-juror-decision-verdict/#.TrqifPLwZbw

IMO

I thought she had said at one point that there were some that were not convinced he was soley responsible. Perhaps that is what the problem was on Friday.

Here's from another juror that has asked to remain anonymous:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/09/conrad-murray-trial-juror-decision-verdict/#.TrqifPLwZbw

IMO

Re the 2nd (anonymous) juror's statement from TMZ:

A juror in the Conrad Murray trial tells TMZ ... "the decision to find Murray guilty of involuntary manslaughter
was not difficult, and jurors were all in agreement early on in the deliberation process."

.... and tells us the jurors were not conflicted and that "it was a concrete decision."

Well. Go figure!

Also from TMZ:

He's barely been locked up a couple hours -- but TMZ has learned, Dr. Conrad Murray has
already been offered a delicious sacked lunch behind bars ... including jailhouse-baked cookies.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Murray's first meal contained a cheese sandwich, some fruit punch,
a few carrot sticks, and some homemade Oreo-knockoff cookies ... baked in the jail's own bakery.

No word on whether Murray actually ate any of it, but we're guessing he didn't have much of an appetite.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/07/conrad-murray-sack-lunch-jail/#.TrqpI0Mg_UA

Last night Vinnie had some exerts from the documentary Murray has been working on during the trial. I could not watch Murray speaking, he skeeves me out. Vinnie had a lawyer on that said California did away with the Son of Sam laws in 2002 so it is legal for Murray to make money off of this documentary.

I am sure that is what he said. I hope this is wrong, or that I heard wrong because it is just wrong that Murray is making money off of any part of this.

Last night Vinnie had some exerts from the documentary Murray has been working on during the trial. I could not watch Murray speaking, he skeeves me out. Vinnie had a lawyer on that said California did away with the Son of Sam laws in 2002 so it is legal for Murray to make money off of this documentary.

I am sure that is what he said. I hope this is wrong, or that I heard wrong because it is just wrong that Murray is making money off of any part of this.

That is correct. Many states have had to either totally get rid of their Son of Sam law or revise it due to Supreme Court rulings that it violated 1st amendment rights to free speech or some such type of ruling.

However, someone on this forum (I believe it was Peace but I could be wrong) posted some information about California's law on this subject. IIRC, he can do this, get paid but it goes into a trust fund for 5 years and it is there for the funds to be used for claims such as civil suit awards, other beneficiary claims to debts owed, etc. Whatever is left after 5 yrs, the convict is able to get those funds. I'm not sure how any claim can be made if he had received any funds for this prior to his conviction but certainly any received after would be subject to the law, IMO.

On another note, I am still wondering how him doing this while the trial was ongoing was not a violation of the gag order. That is something I'd like to understand.

IMO

That is correct. Many states have had to either totally get rid of their Son of Sam law or revise it due to Supreme Court rulings that it violated 1st amendment rights to free speech or some such type of ruling.

However, someone on this forum (I believe it was Peace but I could be wrong) posted some information about California's law on this subject. IIRC, he can do this, get paid but it goes into a trust fund for 5 years and it is there for the funds to be used for claims such as civil suit awards, other beneficiary claims to debts owed, etc. Whatever is left after 5 yrs, the convict is able to get those funds. I'm not sure how any claim can be made if he had received any funds for this prior to his conviction but certainly any received after would be subject to the law, IMO.

On another note, I am still wondering how him doing this while the trial was ongoing was not a violation of the gag order. That is something I'd like to understand.

IMO

I wonder if he got around the gag order since nothing was aired prior to the trial being over? I can't believe Murray did a reality show during the trial. It did not look like a documentary but rather a reality show. Didn't the defense claim that this trial was not a reality show but re al it y in their closing arguments? I guess it really was a reality show all along.

I wonder if he got around the gag order since nothing was aired prior to the trial being over? I can't believe Murray did a reality show during the trial. It did not look like a documentary but rather a reality show. Didn't the defense claim that this trial was not a reality show but re al it y in their closing arguments? I guess it really was a reality show all along.

I could be wrong but my understanding of a gag order is not talking, period. Regardless of whether or not it is aired prior to the order being vacated.

Now that is what I would call a non-interview, because Murray didn't really answer the questions asked, he just gave the pat answers that defense tried to prove during the trial. This question and answer was a real non-answer. It was inconsequential that Murray gave propofol because the effects were gone, but yet a whole lot of it showed up in the autopsy report. Not as inconsequential as Murray would like people to believe.

"SAVANNAH GUTHRIE: Why didn't you tell the paramedics when they came, that he had taken propofol?
CONRAD MURRAY: And that's a very sad reason, because it was inconsequential. 25 milligrams and the effects gone. Means nothing.
SAVANNAH GUTHRIE: Well, wait a minute. Why not let them be the judge of that? Why not supply the best information you have?
CONRAD MURRAY: Paramedics depend on me.
SAVANNAH GUTHRIE: Well, you told them about the other drugs, but you didn't tell them about the propofol.
CONRAD MURRAY: Because it had no effect. It was not an issue."

I could be wrong but my understanding of a gag order is not talking, period. Regardless of whether or not it is aired prior to the order being vacated.

There must be some subtle legality that lets the accused do interviews that can be released after the trial or the judge would be shutting all these interviews done, wouldn't he?

I wonder if the judge or the defense knew about all of these interviews while they were happening? Makes me a little sick that Murray probably got paid for all of these. IMO.

I believe from this article it says the gag order was on the attorneys, not the defendant.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/01/us-michaeljackson-idUSTRE78M4OM20111001

"The judge in the manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's doctor issued a sharply worded gag order for attorneys on Friday and ordered one of them to return for a possible contempt hearing after he appeared on a TV show telling details about the case."

I think the line that MJ supposedly said to CM that he was his one true friend sounds exactly like the type of thing an addict, who are usually extremely manipulative, would say. While I think greed was a huge part of CM's persona, I think he fell for a lot of MJ's emotional manipulations. While I think CM was guilty and deserves prision I am so tired of listening to the "talking heads" now making MJ a hero and constantly talking about how no one tried to help MJ. Good Lord, have any of these people ever really dealt with an addict?? It's as if they all think..just walk in and say..Gee you have a problem..now off to treatment..and whala! success. He was a grown man, an addict and imo, there was strong evidence that he was a child molester.And I am surprised that Dr. Drew keeps mentioning what a great parent he was. I can not imagine him saying that about any other addict, becuase that's not possible. While he may have been loving, someone who is addicted can not parent well. The people who are trying to make him a hero especally outside the courtroom, really baffled me.He was at one time,IMO, a great entertainer.and truly talented...but that was long ago...... but also an extremely disturbed man from an equally disturbed family .. JMO

Dr. Klein said “Michael’s nose and jawline collapsed in the Spring of 2009 and he began the slow and painful process of rebuilding some of Jackson's facial skin in early April”.

Dr. Klein was not planning to accompany MJ on the tour, so who would MJ turn to for help in the UK if something went terribly wrong with his face?

Imagine how humiliating it would be if Michael's nose and jawline collapsed or his facial skin tore while he was giving a performance.

Dr. Klein couldn’t promise and reassure Michael he wouldn't have any problems with his face while he was performing and there really isn’t anything Michael or anyone else could do to prevent something from going wrong especially if Dr. Klein isn’t there to check him.

If Micheal couldn’t breathe properly through his nose or mouth for that matter in the Spring because his nose and mouth weren’t functioning properly, his lungs won’t be able to get the full amount of oxygen they need and they will deteriorate. The AR said…..”the above findings reflect a depletion of structural and functional reserves of the lung.”

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/06/exclusive-doctor-says-mj-was-addicted-to-propofol/
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/02/09/mj_autopsy.pdf

It made me sick to read his answers & responses, in this interview.

SAVANNAH GUTHRIE: "Well, why didn't you just walk away?"

CONRAD MURRAY: "I should have walked away. But if also I walked away, I would have abandoned a friend."

Better to kill a friend... than to abandon him.

Ahhhhh. I get it now. <rolls eyes>

BBM

Friend? That term sure gets thrown around a lot when no one can dispute it. How does business arrangement equate friendship? Ugh!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back