Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
NYC

<snip, BBM> NYSE suspends floor trading

The New York Stock Exchange will move temporarily to fully electronic trading on Monday, March 23. Floor trading will be suspended because of the coronavirus.

"NYSE's trading floors provide unique value to issuers and investors, but our markets are fully capable of operating in an all-electronic fashion to serve all participants, and we will proceed in that manner until we can re-open our trading floors to our members," said Stacey Cunningham, president of the New York Stock Exchange, in a statement. "While we are taking the precautionary step of closing the trading floors, we continue to firmly believe the markets should remain open and accessible to investors. All NYSE markets will continue to operate under normal trading hours despite the closure of the trading floors."

Coronavirus Updates: NY Businesses limited to 50% of workers on site; Navy hospital ship on the way

I hope the President takes the bull by the horns and get these people who are not taking this seriously to shelter in place. FAST! They are killing not just the elderly, but their peers and all medical personnel.

Election will be in November - cannot be cancelled. Constitution mandated. Even martial law cannot cancel it.

Unfortunately, none of that matters if the powers-that-be decide to cancel the election. Who will stop them and how? History would suggest that no one can. I’m not making a prediction, however. Time will tell in these unprecedented times.
JMO

CALIFORNIA

L.A. County confirms 46 new coronavirus cases as deaths in California rise to 17
Los Angeles County on Wednesday confirmed 46 new cases of the novel coronavirus, including eight in Long Beach and two in Pasadena. The new cases bring the county’s total to 190.

All new patients have been isolated, and their close contacts are being quarantined, L.A. County Public Health Department director Dr. Barbara Ferrer said.

[...]

COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres
Confirmed Cases 817
Deaths 14

Midland, Texas report - Midland Memorial Hospital is doing free Virus testing at it's Midland West Campus for the "Elderly and At-Risk " only. Call for an appointment.........moo

Last edited:
NEW JERSEY

New Jersey coronavirus cases spike to at least 427 with 5 deaths. 162 new positive tests announced.
New Jersey now has at least 427 coronavirus cases statewide, including five deaths, as officials announced 162 new positive tests Wednesday, showing a steady escalation of the outbreak as broad efforts to increase social distancing take hold.

“This is increasing with a pretty steep curve, as we expected,” Gov. Phil Murphy said during a Wednesday afternoon briefing. “We have some amount of community spread as a part of this. This is a statewide reality."

[...]

COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres
Confirmed cases 427
Deaths 5

I hope the President takes the bull by the horns and get these people who are not taking this seriously to shelter in place. FAST! They are killing not just the elderly, but their peers and all medical personnel.
I bet he’d like to take a bull by the horns, the Wall Street bull, lol.
I’m wondering, is it not child abuse when a parent blatantly defies direct orders? Our governor said again “don’t try to be the exception”, in regards to isolating. Our chief public health doctor said his daughter isn’t happy about staying in, but she must.

Last edited:
To everyone who has sent condolences, lifted up prayers, sent positive thoughts & even to those who haven’t outwardly said anything, thank you. I know that Jimmy’s family greatly appreciates any & all good vibes & prayers/condolences.

My uncle is taking it pretty bad. He sent an email to the family saying that Jimmy had contracted the virus approximately 12 days before his passing. That he developed multi-lobe pneumonia. And that his wife was able to be with him his last 12 hours of life and that he passed away peacefully.

And yes Jim was elderly, 80 years young. But was healthy as a horse.

Just a quick “hi all” to my very appreciated pandemic support group. I’m trying to catch up on the thread and on today’s news. Didn’t get to watch any of the pressers live today.

Busy day as I try to navigate a bunch of kids who are now home- with very unorganized school assignments being provided (or not provided as the case may be).

What a world this has become. I’m still trying to process.

One of the Beaufort County residents who tested positive for coronavirus lives in Sun City Hilton Head.

An email from the community’s Board of Directors to residents on Tuesday acknowledged the case of COVID-19 but did not name the person or offer identifying details.

Sun City Hilton Head is a 55-and-older community with more than 16,000 residents. It’s located in the Okatie area with about 8,500 homes in Beaufort and Jasper counties.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/coronavirus/article241309291.html

(This article was filed prior to the two new cases reported today.)

What day is this? Seriously. Where in the week are we?

Even when I stood in front of my kitchen calendar, I struggled to figure out the day, until I remembered yesterday was St. Patrick's Day...so today must be March 18.

Today is Wednesday.

jmo

Nike donates $15 million to coronavirus response; most funds stay in Oregon

Nike is donating $15 million to COVID-19 response efforts, the company announced Wednesday morning.

$1 million will go to the Oregon Food Bank, $2 million will go to the Oregon Community Recovery Fund created by the Oregon Community Foundation and $7 million will go to Oregon Health & Science University

The Nike Foundation is also donating to response efforts through the following:
  • $1 million to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, established by the United Nations Foundation and Swiss Philanthropy Foundation
  • $1 million to the Oregon Community Recovery Fund, established by the Oregon Community Foundation
  • €1 million ($1.1 million) to support community partners across Europe, Middle East and Africa through the King Baudouin Foundation
  • $250,000 to the Mid-South Food Bank in Memphis, Tenn.
  • $250,000 to the COVID-19 Regional Response Fund, established by the Community Foundation of Greater Memphis
  • $500,000 to the COVID-19 Response Fund, established by the Boston Foundation

To everyone who has sent condolences, lifted up prayers, sent positive thoughts & even to those who haven’t outwardly said anything, thank you. I know that Jimmy’s family greatly appreciates any & all good vibes & prayers/condolences.

My uncle is taking it pretty bad. He sent an email to the family saying that Jimmy had contracted the virus approximately 12 days before his passing. That he developed multi-lobe pneumonia. And that his wife was able to be with him his last 12 hours of life and that he passed away peacefully.

And yes Jim was elderly, 80 years young. But was healthy as a horse.
Aww. That is so sad. We are losing our elders and it saddens me. I feel so bad for his family. I am glad his wife was with him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven