Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColyH

ColyH Well-Known Member

Curly's Grandson did a PSA with tips on dealing with the Coronavirus.

2. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

Washington Governor Inslee: "Someone asked the other day, 'what's the penalty for a young person going out to a restaurant, or hanging in a social get-together?' And it's true the penalty is that you might kill your grandparent"
    BNO Newsroom on Twitter

Lynetta, SugarQueen, Really? and 13 others like this.
  3. Henry2326

4. ColyH

ColyH Well-Known Member

Curly's Grandson did a PSA with tips on dealing with the Coronavirus.

5. Starry Night

Starry Night Well-Known Member

Be careful what you trust online.
    Situation Reports – TDEM
    From the latest Situation Report 20-0003 COVID-19 2020 SITREP 1 032020.pdf03/20/2020 16:53:20:
    The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued an alert for a malicious fake online coronavirus map. A malicious website pretending to be the live map for Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins University is circulating on the internet waiting for unaware internet users to visit the website. Visiting the website (corona-virus-map.com) infects
    the user with the AZORult Trojan, an information stealing program which can exfiltrate a variety of sensitive data. It is likely being spread via infected email attachments, malicious onlineadvertisements, and social engineering. Furthermore, anyone searching the internet for a Coronavirus map could unwittingly navigate to this malicious website.

6. otto

otto Verified Expert

Containment is where each case of the virus can be traced and all people who have come into contact with the infected person are self-isolating.

7. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Medical Anthropologist

I would TOTALLY get out of your way! It's only politeness right now. People will indeed think you are sick, because there are still debates about wearing a mask, otherwise (I understand the impulse though). People are not just careless, they are also heartless.

I hope you don't have to go again soon.

SugarQueen, Really?, cass523 and 8 others like this.
  8. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

I hear you! My youngest child, now 22, is essentially forced to be vegan due to food allergies. She ate meat up until a few years ago but she just can't anymore. One of my friends is a health nut and keeps telling me she needs to eat this, eat that. I just roll my eyes. For the love of pete, the child eats the healthiest diet one could choose. She's 5' 10" tall and about 125 lbs.

So to make this response topic related - pet stores that sell fresh food for dogs are considered essential businesses per our state (FL). Shop small, shop local - but only if it's safe to do so.

Really?, cass523, StarrChance and 9 others like this.
  9. otto

otto Verified Expert

If online teaching is not considered instructional time, why would anyone bother to complete teaching the curriculum?

Lynetta, sallye818, Anirtak and 13 others like this.
  10. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Well-Known Member

AUSOME!

11. Henry2326

We compiled data from three different studies of the case fatality rate by age in #COVID19 patients from China, The Epidemiological Characteristics of an Outbreak of 2019 Novel Coronavirus Diseases (COVID-19) — China, 2020 Italy, Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Italy and the U.S. Severe Outcomes Among Patients with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19 and assembled the data into graphs to compare across the different regions Scott Gottlieb, MD on Twitter

The U.S. results are based on a limited data set published by the CDC of the early experience. The results are influenced by a limited amount of testing of mild cases and a tragic and early concentration of cases in a nursing facility where there were a high number of fatalities.

Scott Gottlieb, MD on Twitter

Attached Files:

cass523, PommyMommy, cody22 and 2 others like this.
  12. Ursamajr

Ursamajr haunter of the woods

We are packed in like sardines. I currently can see into at least 12 apartments from where I am typing. I am living in the movie Rear Window 24/7.

13. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

if not such a dire situation, it would be, imo.

14. margarita25

margarita25 I like taking naps with my dog

You’re feeling bad?

15. Henry2326

16. Starry Night

Starry Night Well-Known Member

National shutdown looming?
    Breaking: Trump eyes two-week quarantine, only drug and grocery stores open

"President Trump, moving with haste to slow the spread of the coronavirus, is preparing a plan to mobilize the National Guard to help enforce a two-week quarantine of the public if his tough-love efforts so far fail.

The unprecedented action would require everyone to “stay at home,” according to a source knowledgeable of the evolving plan."

Lynetta, Really?, cass523 and 15 others like this.
  17. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

And....if you expect an inheritance, you might wanna keep ‘em around til the markets recover.

18. Henry2326

Attached Files:

19. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Medical Anthropologist

You're preaching to the choir with me, that's for sure. But it wouldn't surprise me. There are so many different strands to this problem (and while the current administration is remiss - in ways never thought possible - the underlying issues are longterm). The US thinks that because it is "wealthy" and everyone can have go-karts or jet skis or skidoos or whatever (or lots of shoes), that we also have good infrastructure and healthcare.

We don't. We squander our national wealth and now we will have to reconsider our preferences. It's very sad that it's now down to "jobs" vs "public health." This is not going to end well for us, and I do hope we can learn from it.

Trinitee, 303gmf, Anirtak and 13 others like this.
  20. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I would go nuts. You would prob go nuts here, lol.
    Fresh air & privacy, two things I love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.