Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
GEORGIA.....ATLANTA HOSPITALS EMORY/GRADY

I am thrilled to let everyone with @EmoryMedicine working ag @GradyHealth that the Grady leadership has secured enough goggles and N95 masks for everyone. My team is working quickly to get them distributed and in the hands of frontline providers ASAP. Carlos del Rio on Twitter
Carlos del Rio on Twitter

A 7-month-old in South Carolina has tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus.

This sweet baby (Emmet) is only about an hour from me and less than that to my daughter's family in Columbia. I worry so much for my 11 month old special needs grandson. He has so many health issues as it is and poor thing stays congested. We visited them this weekend (no hugs, no kisses) in what may be our last visit for a long time. I pray for baby Emmett in Camden (Kershaw County) and my baby Ollie in Columbia (Richland County)! :(

TORONTO

We are declaring a State of Emergency as part of the City's ongoing efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to ensure the municipal government can continue to act and respond quickly to the pandemic and any other events that arise in the weeks ahead. John Tory on Twitter

John Tory on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200323_161629.jpg
    IMG_20200323_161629.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200323_161632.jpg
    IMG_20200323_161632.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 0
WSJ News Exclusive | Marriott, Hotel Owners Furlough Thousands of Workers, Cut Staff

"Marriott International Inc., the world’s largest hotel company, and a growing number of hotel owners are furloughing tens of thousands of workers or slashing staff in an effort to steer their companies through the coronavirus pandemic.

Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. and Hyatt Hotels Corp. are also furloughing many employees, the hotel companies said in statements on Sunday, as most travel plans world-wide grind to a halt.

A spokeswoman for Marriott confirmed to The Wall Street Journal that the company is furloughing about two-thirds of its 4,000 corporate employees at the company’s Bethesda, Md., headquarters. Marriott is also furloughing about two-thirds of its corporate staff abroad, though the spokeswoman said she couldn’t immediately provide the number of Marriott corporate overseas jobs."

Looks like the US government is unable to function in a time of crisis. What you see is what you get. They only care about their own agendas. Some of these people will let the ship sink, if they don't get their way. This is who we elected.

Thanks for this. I was confused about the importance, and heard Gov. Cuomo speaking about it. It does make sense. But isn't there still a question about actual immunity with this disease?

Yes, there is, especially because China believes some people who survived the virus got it again. The Chinese are in the process of testing the efficacy of using passive antibodies extracted from the blood of Covid-19 survivors as a means to temporarily block further infections in their populations. It's just to give them time to discover a vaccine.

Coronavirus drugs: Can antibodies from survivors help? | DW | 19.03.2020

Michigan Governor Whitmer issued a ‘stay at home order’

The order explains what this means
Whitmer - Executive Order 2020-21 (COVID-19)

Our pharmacy will only fill Rxs during this crisis for one-month supply instead of a 90-day supply for meds related to breathing issues (inhalers, etc ) and some others (my hubby’s diabetic Trulicity)

The grocery store had entirely empty meat coolers, no cereal, in addition to sanitizers/TP/ etc

Did you call your mail service pharmacy program?

I was told that as long as my doctor writes a three month supply, they will fill the script. I don't know about inhaler, or Trulicity coverage, I posted a page of insurance info by state and phone numbers.

Posted by AHIP on March 23, 2020

Health Insurance Providers Respond to Coronavirus (COVID-19) - AHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members