Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so relieved this was finally publicized. I emailed the local tv station 11 times, as well as the Gov’, to ask why this was “hush hush”. A lot of us were made aware of this days ago. Why why why is this stuff kept from the public?
Toyota employs 8k plus. This is the daycare for their children. Duh
So, of course the reluctant to close Toyota plant is full of presumed positives that can’t get tested. Moo.

<modsnip>
Oh....the Toyota labor pool of course shop & live amongst us.
https://www.kentucky.com/news/coronavirus/article241599581.html

Updated: Toyota childcare worker, Georgetown restaurant server have coronavirus

@Bailey get ready!

We knew this would be coming!! So glad I'm not there anymore.

Makes you wonder how it will affect our young people and they're plans for their vocation. Will there be more who want to be doctors, nurses, scientists, police, EMTs or will they be afraid?

What an interesting question, Tillicum.

I hope all these critical workers get a big fat pay rise along with the massive amounts of admiration they deserve and I hope it will encourage more people to go into these careers.

Never mind the billions paid out each year to actors, singers and sports stars, the balance needs redressing. I am pretty sure (in the UK at least judging from the fervent support for our NHS staff) that there will be a huge backlash over all this. This crisis has proved who is really important in our world.

While I agree that passengers were reckless taking a cruise during a pandemic, I wouldn't want anyone to be trapped on a boat with the virus and die. I have made many mistakes in my life, and if my family members were on the ship, I would be so worried for them. Therefore, I believe the passengers have to get off somewhere to receive care, and hope they are quarantined. Hopefully, if this ever happens again, the cruise lines will stop cruising. MOO

Maybe the number of people on a cruise should be limited. 1200 people is a lot of people. Or what about the Princess Cruises’ Diamond Princess with 3700 people?

Cruise ships are a perfect set up for virus outbreaks.

Disease outbreaks on cruise ships seem to be frequent enough to put some governance on the number of people locked up together. Remember Legionnaires Disease? And Norovirus?

This is happening all over. Headline should read:
Maryland man proves he has 59 dumb friends.....

Moo

(our Gov addressed this yesterday, LE can’t enforce social distancing)
Example of TX LE Police across Texas are enforcing social distancing, but they're hesitant to make arrests

“In Austin, the city has received more than 300 calls regarding large gatherings or open restaurants or bars since March 15, according to a city spokesperson. City code compliance officers respond to the scene and inform businesses and property owners of the current restrictions and may issue warnings. No citations have yet been issued.”

[...]

Photo at link:
“Hundreds of people wait in line despite recommendations of “social distancing” at Franklin Barbecue on the eastside of Austin on Friday March 13, 2020.”

New potential hotspot?

Again, it's up to each State to obtain PPE and equipment. Instead of pointing fingers and blaming another actively working Governor, reach out to your Governor and ask him why he isn't obtaining these items for the residents of your State.

The federal government said they are not a "shipping clerk" and put the responsibility onto the Governors to find the items needed and organize a taskforce on their own.

President Trump On Supplying Governors: 'We're Not A Shipping Clerk'
However, some supplies are being diverted to NY. I understand that the need is great there, and they need help.

Pinellas has a 2-week stock left for first responders. Florida medical supplies diverted to NYC.

Officials confirm that gowns, gloves, masks and other supplies originally destined for Florida have been sent to help New York hospitals.

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #40

that means no dine in for us customers. Surprisingly, we had normal sales for Friday and Saturday, but, all to go orders.

NEW: Trump just announced the federal social distancing guidelines are extended to April 30th. “The better you do, the faster this whole nightmare will end.”

He also said “we will be well on our way to recovery by June 1st.”

He has abandoned his Easter timeline.

Weijia Jiang on Twitter

“In Austin, the city has received more than 300 calls regarding large gatherings or open restaurants or bars since March 15, according to a city spokesperson. City code compliance officers respond to the scene and inform businesses and property owners of the current restrictions and may issue warnings. No citations have yet been issued.”

[...]

Photo at link:
“Hundreds of people wait in line despite recommendations of “social distancing” at Franklin Barbecue on the eastside of Austin on Friday March 13, 2020.”

New potential hotspot?
Yep........" Keep Austin Weird.....And Sick ".......moo

Did the Louisiana Tabernacle church host in person services today.
Looks like it was business as usual.

Hundreds at Louisiana church flout COVID-19 gatherings ban

An estimated 500 people of all ages filed inside the mustard-yellow and beige Life Tabernacle church in Central, a city of nearly 29,000 outside Baton Rouge.

Assistant ministers and worshippers who stood outside the front doors and in the parking lot of Life Tabernacle told news reporters to leave, saying cameras would not be allowed on the property and they had been told not to talk to the news media. They went inside without further comment.
<snip>
“Other congregations are using the internet, Skype, and other safe ways to congregate. Why can’t they? What makes them so special?" Quinn asked. "I wish state police would come out and do something. ... If they get out of church and go to the grocery store, it’s a serious health hazard. They don’t know how many people they’re affecting, and they don’t seem to care. That’s a problem.”

Dad bans son from house after he went on spring break trip amidst coronavirus pandemic

“I spoke with him every day and told him that maybe they should come home,” Peter told the New York Post. “I was aggravated. The news here was getting worse and worse. Matt sent me pictures of him and his friends congregating outdoors and listening to live music. It’s the scene you would not want to be in.”

Matt and his friends apparently had trouble getting home amidst the pandemic. Their return flight to New York was reportedly rerouted to Tennessee after reports of a coronavirus case at LaGuardia.

When Matt finally made it back to his father's house, he apparently found his car full of groceries.

“His grandparents live here and there is no need to expose them to god knows what he had been exposed to,” Peter explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member