Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #93

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's so sad. All those people tried to hard to get the news out to the world, while China tried to hide and deny it. Will they ever find those people who "disappeared?" I hope so, but I don't have a lot of faith that they will.

And to think - we might have nipped this thing in the bud back in China from the start, if only that nation would have been honest.

Thanks for sharing that, sad as it is.

A public service ad campaign unveiled Thursday aims to convince Americans to get vaccinated against COVID-19, telling them "It's Up to You."

The campaign by the Ad Council and its partners is focused on those who may be hesitant to get the shots.

"Because getting back to the moments we miss starts with getting informed. It's up to you."

Ad campaign launches to build trust in vaccine

A public service ad campaign unveiled Thursday aims to convince Americans to get vaccinated against COVID-19, telling them "It's Up to You."

The campaign by the Ad Council and its partners is focused on those who may be hesitant to get the shots.

"Because getting back to the moments we miss starts with getting informed. It's up to you."

Ad campaign launches to build trust in vaccine

Too bad they didn't do that about masks. Maybe we wouldn't have had so many people who died.

It's not only the corona virus that's killing people. According to a compilation done by two Swedish professors in global health, from information from among others organisations such as Unicef, and Unaids, the number of deaths due to restrictions because of covid-19 is as high as the number of deaths in covid-19. The deaths due to the restrictions is for example women dead of childbirth; newborn babies during their first month of life; children dying of pneumonia, malaria, diarrhoea, because they are malnourished and/or have not got necessary vaccinations; as well as people dying from treatable diseases as tuberculosis and HIV. These have been children and young adults in the third world, while of those who have died of covid-19, most have been over the age of 60, and lived in high-income countries.
As a result of closed schools, it's estimated that about 13 million young girls have been forced into marriage.
Miljontals har dött av restriktionerna

CVS and Walmart Decide Who Gets Leftover Covid-19 Vaccine Doses
More at paywalled link

As pharmacies and groceries across the U.S. prepare to dispense Covid-19 vaccines to the public, their customers and workers are wondering what happens to extra doses left unused at day’s end—and who might get access to one.

The companies say they are determined that no doses will go to waste, and are compiling wait lists and putting their own workers on standby in case extra shots become available.

That's so sad. All those people tried to hard to get the news out to the world, while China tried to hide and deny it. Will they ever find those people who "disappeared?" I hope so, but I don't have a lot of faith that they will.

And to think - we might have nipped this thing in the bud back in China from the start, if only that nation would have been honest.

Thanks for sharing that, sad as it is.
Some countries with good leadership did nip it in the bud.

More at paywalled link

As pharmacies and groceries across the U.S. prepare to dispense Covid-19 vaccines to the public, their customers and workers are wondering what happens to extra doses left unused at day’s end—and who might get access to one.

The companies say they are determined that no doses will go to waste, and are compiling wait lists and putting their own workers on standby in case extra shots become available.

Seems to be quite political here, and many people I know have received vaccines, are being very quiet about it. It is sort of "a friend of a friend" word of mouth.

Not actually following the protocol. But, did we really expect anything else?

More at paywalled link

I like the idea of waitlists and standby lists to keep the vaccine from going to waste. And, to me, it really doesn't matter who they take for the extra vaccines, just as long as they take someone rather than waste it because each person vaccinated makes for a safer world.

I like the idea of waitlists and standby lists to keep the vaccine from going to waste. And, to me, it really doesn't matter who they take for the extra vaccines, just as long as they take someone rather than waste it because each person vaccinated makes for a safer world.

My daughter just told me about a 71 year old friend who lives in the Northern CA mountains. Her husband is the administrator of the tiny local hospital. They were giving shots and had one left and no one to give it to before they would have to dispose of it at the end of the day. All the staff had received theirs. So her husband called her and she drove down the mountain as quickly as possible. They didn’t even wait for her to come inside, but were waiting for her in the parking lot so they could give it to her before they had to chuck it.

The United States now has a third regulator-approved coronavirus vaccine.

The US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) cleared the vaccine produced by medical giant Johnson & Johnson.

However, this vaccine is different from the others approved in the US.

It has provided optimism that swathes of the world could be vaccinated from COVID-19 much quicker than first thought.

Johnson & Johnson has achieved something different to most other vaccine candidates — developed a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.

Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine has been approved in the US, and it's different from the others

Started 11:04 eastern LIVE White House Covid Team Presser

ETA: CDC director is concerned that we are starting to level off when should be going down. Now is not the time to be relaxing, stay strong in conviction to do masks etc.

4 million doses of J&J to be released immediately, and is J&J's entire stock being shipped this week.

USA today question is stating that one of the variants ("526" New York variant) occurred in an HIV patient started in Washington Heights and is now above 25% of cases in ??? area. HUH????? Fauci answered, but I'm more interested in such! He is reinforcing that immunocompromised people are really important to have vaccinated. I've not been following and never heard of this New York variant 526.

Last edited:
Started 11:04 eastern LIVE White House Covid Team Presser

ETA: CDC director is concerned that we are starting to level off when should be going down. Now is not the time to be relaxing, stay strong in conviction to do masks etc.

4 million doses of J&J to be released immediately, and is J&J's entire stock being shipped this week.

USA today question is stating that one of the variants ("526" New York variant) occurred in an HIV patient started in Washington Heights and is now above 25% of cases in ??? area. HUH????? Fauci answered, but I'm more interested in such! He is reinforcing that immunocompromised people are really important to have vaccinated. I've not been following and never heard of this New York variant 526.

I have got a lot of information about the latest variants. I will be posting as soon as I can - there are a lot of updates and concerns.

Hugs to all of you and hope you’re hanging in. This is all beyond miserable and mindblowing. A year later...

One would think at this point that people would realize their grossly hypocritical actions would end up being called out. It baffles me that this guy is trying to defend himself. CA teachers union president who led school closure charge seen dropping daughter off at in-person preschool

He certainly should have considered the optics and realized he would be called out. I’m not sure I would call what he did “grossly hypocritical” though. He make a good point in his explanation. Still, bad optics and he should have refrained from taking his child to preschool until public schools were open just to avoid this kind of criticism which borders on faux outrage IMO.

"There are major differences in running a small preschool and a 10,000 student public school district in terms of size, facilities, public health guidance and services that legally have to be provided," Meyer added. "We all want a safe return to school. The Berkeley Federation of Teachers is excited that Berkeley Unified will be reopening soon with a plan, supported by our members and the district, to get our students back in classrooms starting later this month."

CA teachers union president who led school closure charge seen dropping daughter off at in-person preschool

I have got a lot of information about the latest variants. I will be posting as soon as I can - there are a lot of updates and concerns.

Hugs to all of you and hope you’re hanging in. This is all beyond miserable and mindblowing. A year later...

I’ll be looking forward to your info @margarita25. Hugs back. We are hanging in there. It’s hard to imagine how much our lives have changed in a year. My husband likes to make lists. I should ask him to make a list of what has changed. But the horrific change of over 500,ooo dead and many survivors still dealing with symptoms is unfathomable...and enraging, knowing that it didn’t have to be this way, but for the callous refusal to lead by one man and those who feared him.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member