Coronavirus Global Health Emergency, 2019-nCoV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thoughts:

So all those planes and trains that have been transporting persons carrying (or potentially) the virus...Are they being properly disinfected? (Well I can guess there was at least two weeks where they most likely were not ...) What about the TSA agents handling their luggage?

I’m concerned for patients receiving care in hospitals... surgical patients, cancer patients, trauma patients. I wouldn’t want to be any where near a hospital if an outbreak hits here.

How “prepared” will be adequate and sustainable?

I’m healthy. My pantry is pretty well supplied - (okay maybe a month.)

But what happens to those who aren’t? What about people who need dialysis or oxygen?

I’m sitting in my midwestern home, half a world away, and yea, this virus scares the crap out of me. Even if it doesn’t get “here”. The fact that people are walking around, oblivious to the fact that they are infected, for two weeks; is frightening.

walking time bombs.

Dallas area alert!!!!! My hubby just went and purchased the last two pkgs of 3m N95 and a pkg of HDX brand at home depot there were only a few limited quantities in each store and the 3 stores that said it was in stock were sold out , he went to the Euless HD and now they are out FYI

Another concern. If nobody is allowed in or out. What about groceries? What about medicine?
Unfortunately, China will not be honest with the world about what is going on. I feel terrible for all the people who are trapped there right now, praying that they haven't contacted this.
I don't know if there is a worse scenario then the one playing out there right now. Just awful.

The U.S. has raised its China travel advisory to Level 3: Reconsider travel.

Travel to Hubei province is currently Level 4: No not travel

Beijing reported eight new confirmed Coronavirus cases on Monday, one death - State media

HKU believes there is sustained transmission in all major cities in China

Last edited:
It doesn't hurt anyone to have extra food, water and medicene on hand for emergencies. I don't think that we're going to have in America what is going on in China. But, heck, emergencies happen all the time. You'd be amazed what you can pick up at a dollar store or a Big Lots for very little money. Bleach is very inexpensive. Having several large bottles is a good idea.
We live in earthquake country. So, I have extra supplies always. I plan on two weeks or more.

We need to prepare for US outbreak of Wuhan coronavirus
*The epidemic in China is likely much broader than official statistics currently suggest.
*A lot of mild cases probably remain unrecognized.
*Global spread appears inevitable. So too are the emergence of outbreaks in the U.S.

Op-ed: We need to prepare for US outbreak of Wuhan coronavirus

San Francisco is activating its emergency operations center to prepare for coronavirus - SF Chronicle

Thanks.

San Francisco to activate emergency operations center to prepare for coronavirus

“The mayor is expected to announce that San Francisco’s emergency operations center has been activated in an effort to centralize the city’s response to any local cases of the virus.

“It’s so we have a centralized location and process to prepare for what we need to do, to share public information, and to take any action if necessary,” said Jeff Cretan, a spokesman for Breed.

No case has been confirmed in the Bay Area so far, but Alameda County health officials said they were testing fewer than 10 people for the potentially deadly respiratory virus, but that samples had been sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.”

With coronavirus spreading, U.S. evacuating personnel to San Francisco from Wuhan, China

-//

City officials are also expected to provide an update on the status of plans announced by the State Department Sunday to evacuate staff and some private citizens from Wuhan and bring them to San Francisco on Tuesday

San Francisco officials briefed on that plan indicated Monday the flight may instead be rerouted to Southern California, where two individuals have already been diagnosed with the virus.

“The latest we’re still hearing is that this flight will be going to a Southern California airport, not SFO,” said Doug Yakel, a spokesman for the airport, in an email.

A spokeswoman for the State Department offered no update on the issue Monday morning, saying on that “we have been in contact with potential passengers regarding logistics and anticipated screening procedures. We have no further details to share at this time.”

San Francisco to activate emergency operations center to prepare for coronavirus

Hi all
Nice to see Bravo here =)
Has anyone watched “Pandemic” on Netflix? I watched it last night and couldn’t sleep for hours and I live in the coastal South, away from a major airport. TSA and airport personnel must be horrified at the possibilities. Thanks for the info on the mask, Sloane, will send hubs a text to get to HD before he flies back home from FL.

OK knowledgeable ones, what about mail packages , parts etc from china , I touch a lot of this at work, plus we are a small open concept building and all day we have deliveries , ubers , uber eats , door dash etc SHOULD I be worried? I would say yes!! of course!!( unless I don't have an ounce of common sense !)

Hi all
Has anyone watched “Pandemic” on Netflix? I watched it last night and couldn’t sleep for hours and I live in the coastal South, away from a major airport. TSA and airport personnel must be horrified at the possibilities. Thanks for the info on the mask, Sloane, will send hubs a text to get to HD before he flies back home from FL.
I watch the nat geo how the world ends (or discovery cant remember which it is ) and yes its scary real scenarios!!

Hi all
Thank You. Good to see you here as well Tony

My middle daughter works in a hospital and I'm really worried as she has asthma, as do I. I think as far as air travel goes it's not just the planes, it's anywhere an infected person went in the airport too...bathroom, gift shop, restaurant, so many places to spread germs.

OK knowledgeable ones, what about mail packages , parts etc from china , I touch a lot of this at work, plus we are a small open concept building and all day we have deliveries , ubers , uber eats , door dash etc SHOULD I be worried? I would say yes!! of course!!( unless I don't have an ounce of common sense !)
I wouldn't panic. I work with infectious material for a living. Wash your hands. This is not like anthrax where you are infected as soon as you touch it. Viruses do not pass through your skin and don't jump.

Just as you should during any flu season, wash your hands with soap and water before you eat, when you return to your home, after using the bathroom, and after going to any public place.

I wouldn't panic. I work with infectious material for a living. Wash your hands. This is not like anthrax where you are infected as soon as you touch it. Viruses do not pass through your skin and don't jump.

Just as you should during any flu season, wash your hands with soap and water before you eat, when you return to your home, after using the bathroom, and after going to any public place.

Whaaat? Wash my hands after going to the bathroom?? JK :D

—-

Coronavirus is driving sales of face masks, a game called Plague, and an ‘I Survived Coronavirus 2020’ T-shirt

—-

Virtually the entire stock market is down on coronavirus ... but not Clorox - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675