Could Lee Anthony face charges for obstruction of justice? PART TWO

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA knew the smell in the car was decomp.He continued to tell CA [according to his LE interview] that the smell was pizza. Does anyone think GA and LA had a conversation about what the smell really was in the first couple of days? Or did he continue with the smelly food story with LA ,also?
I haven't figured out the family dynamics yet.I'm wondering at what point LA would logically have concluded something happened to Caylee.

I think he would have known when he "smelled that smell for the first time (chuckle, chuckle)."

(OT) In part 1 of this thread, one or two poeple asked what Lee was referring to in that question that he asked Casey during an early jailhouse visit. I haven't ran across an answer yet, so I thought I'd put in what I know about it.

I don't remember details, but mention was made that at an earlier time, Casey had reported to (her parents I think,) that someone had robbed her (maybe at gunpoint; I can't remember for sure.) I got the impression from what I had read, that (duh) Casey had made the story up.
So he was asking her if this kidnapping story was "like before."

(OT) In part 1 of this thread, one or two poeple asked what Lee was referring to in that question that he asked Casey during an early jailhouse visit. I haven't ran across an answer yet, so I thought I'd put in what I know about it.

I don't remember details, but mention was made that at an earlier time, Casey had reported to (her parents I think,) that someone had robbed her (maybe at gunpoint; I can't remember for sure.) I got the impression from what I had read, that (duh) Casey had made the story up.
Yes, she claimed she had been robbed at the Sports Authority where she worked...not true. But, if you can link the interview I would greatly appreciate it.

...and now LA plays the "police officer", keep in mind KC, at this point, still had notsupposedly mentioned that Caylee was missing to LA...

LA: I said, "the officer is going to say, you know, good evening Mrs. Anthony, uhm, where's your daughter?", "That's exactly what he is going to say and what are you going to say?" and she says, "She's with the nanny, she's sleeping". and then again, playing the role of the police officer and the scenerio, I say to my sister, "Great Mrs. Anthony, I'm so happy to hear that. That's going to be a relief for everybody. So hop in the car. Your Mom's going follow. Let's go get her". When I look at my sister for the response she's she's got this look on her face like...
Honestly, Who does this!? Why would someone do this? Why did LA even feel the need to play out this "scenerio", to play the role of a police officer questioning KC?Pleezzzzzzzzz!! IMO, again, it doesn't fit in with the order in which he claims/states that the information was disclosed to him by KC.

IMO, I think LA knew ALOT more from day 1. I'm just not sure if it's day 1 as in July 15th or a different (earlier) day 1...

At the very least could he be charged impersonating an officer? (jk)
843.08 Falsely personating officer, etc. (Everly's post,TY!)

What is wrong with it? He was just advising his sister, letting her know how LE would look at her not reporting her child missing for a month. PLENTY of people might handle it this way... nothing wrong with it.
Believe it or not, many young people have no idea what jail is like, how they are treated by cops, the questions they would be asked and what they would go through if they were arrested for something.
He was NOT impersonating an officer... unless he ran home and put on a uniform and clipped on a badge and a gun and said, "I am a police officer" to a stranger.
My middle son is in LE.. several years ago, my youngest son got into a little trouble, nothing serious, just lying to us... but his brother lectured him big time on what could have happened and what jail was like and how he would be treated if he were ever arrested. He told him that sometime he would take him to the jail and let him see some of the drunks and druggies there. That made a BIG impression on him.
I am not sure if Lee knew at that time what had happened to Caylee, but I would bet that they all dreaded and feared the truth. And wanted to kick Casey's butt all the way to Canada for not telling the truth in the beginning.

What is wrong with it? He was just advising his sister, letting her know how LE would look at her not reporting her child missing for a month. PLENTY of people might handle it this way... nothing wrong with it.
Believe it or not, many young people have no idea what jail is like, how they are treated by cops, the questions they would be asked and what they would go through if they were arrested for something.
He was NOT impersonating an officer... unless he ran home and put on a uniform and clipped on a badge and a gun and said, "I am a police officer" to a stranger.
My middle son is in LE.. several years ago, my youngest son got into a little trouble, nothing serious, just lying to us... but his brother lectured him big time on what could have happened and what jail was like and how he would be treated if he were ever arrested. He told him that sometime he would take him to the jail and let him see some of the drunks and druggies there. That made a BIG impression on him.
I am not sure if Lee knew at that time what had happened to Caylee, but I would bet that they all dreaded and feared the truth. And wanted to kick Casey's butt all the way to Canada for not telling the truth in the beginning.

Following post origally mine/bolded by me)
At the very least could he be charged impersonating an officer? (jk)
843.08 Falsely personating officer, etc. (Everly's post,TY!)

jk = just kidding.
referring to statutes originally posted by Everly regarding OJ charges.
I'm somewhat familiar myself with statements made to individuals(*specifically juveniles) in hopes of getting them to see the reality of their situation and the potential outcome if/when they are less then honest or cooperative as my nearest & dearest friend has worked in LE for the past 17 years with *juvenile offender's. She said that she couldn't count the times that she has dealt with a young person who wanted to fess up and take responsibility, especially when they're reminded that they have their whole life ahead of them, only to have a parent or parent's rush in and lie and make excuses for them, thereby losing a golden opportunity to change a kid's whole future and a chance to get them on the right path.

If he is an agent of the police he cannot talk to her then without her attorney being present, since she has counsel.

Any informant who has ever testified in a case would disagree with you most heartily.

Soooooooo ..

What's the word on Lee?
Any news?

Wasn't there a report that Casey was either given or had $4000. that she was supposed to pay on her mom's credit card. When the bill wasn't paid, Casey came up with some story about getting robbed at gun point.

Yes, she claimed she had been robbed at the Sports Authority where she worked...not true. But, if you can link the interview I would greatly appreciate it.
this girl tells so many lies there is hardly a bit of truth to be found! It is in~freaking~credible... and also why I am an open heart nurse and not a psychiatric one. The defense (thank the BIG GUY ABOVE) will never be able to defend all those lies. I just hope the jury can get thru all her with uncrossed eyes and functioning bladders!

Wasn't there a report that Casey was either given or had $4000. that she was supposed to pay on her mom's credit card. When the bill wasn't paid, Casey came up with some story about getting robbed at gun point.
the only truth of all that crap miss anthony was spinning (per deposition of her friend that DID work at sports authority) was that her friend that worked there loaned her some money which she never paid back. The rest is all drama from tot mama. Oh... and as per the 4k given to her by her mother to pay off a cc bill... I never saw anything concrete. I know one should never ASSume... but seeing how her daughter was stealing from grandparents and everyone.... why would she give her 4k cash to pay on a credit card. Makes no sense to me. Then again. Nothing in this case seems to make a bit of sense.

Wait, wait!! What if you were right to begin with? NOT believing they knew Caylee was gone!! That would have been some acting they've done all these months. Personally, I don't think they knew a damn thing. KC was having way too much fun manipulating the lot of them! Watch her face in the jail visit vids. she can barely control her glee when giving them ridiculous messages in 'code', knowing they were trying to find an alive Caylee in her made up stories.

Seriously go back and watch her face, knowing that we now know Caylee was lying dead in a pond, wrapped in a plastic bag, right down the street from her parents house. How could she do this to her family? People who supported her, believed in her when no one else in the world believed a word she was saying. She used these people, her family, in some sick, perverted game that only she knew about!! She gave them 'hints' where to find this sweet baby, who according to her could have been anywhere!! She disgusts me.

Lee may have "figured out" Caylee was gone the same way all of us did. How hard was it? It was quite simple actually, the hard part was believing Caylee was alive when every single bit of evidence pointed to her death. But he couldn't tell his parents what he thought! It would have killed them to hear it. They weren't ready to believe their sweet Caylee was gone, taken from them by her own mother. So sad what their daughter put them thru.

missmybaby...I agree very much..That first jailhouse visit should become some sort of required course for first year psychology students. What gets me is how the parents were just walking on eggshells...dancing all around the subject with "veiled" questions..then KC is (practically cheerfully) coming up with a little crumbs of hope for them here and there as if she is in a spy movie. What a psycho-drama. KC must have thought oh just recently Mom was strangling me and now look...she is all contrite and even saying "all is forgiven". That must've been delightful for KC.

She had to know her spy movie thing didn't work as well on Lee.

I think it is really telling that Lee's g/f has left him and he's moved back home. His part in all of this really remains to be seen.

I am thinking that LA (and CA & GA) have known where to find Caylee's body for a long time. I think Casey told LA either through "code" or she got the message to him somehow. (she's close). I don't believe they wanted LE to find the body because they wanted to perpetuate the defense that Caylee was out there somewhere. LA and the A's were planning to wait until the time was right (when they wouldn't get caught) retrieve the body, and bury it themselves, never telling anyone outside of the family (the hand).
Maybe this is why LA and the parents are seeking immunity

the only truth of all that crap miss anthony was spinning (per deposition of her friend that DID work at sports authority) was that her friend that worked there loaned her some money which she never paid back. The rest is all drama from tot mama. Oh... and as per the 4k given to her by her mother to pay off a cc bill... I never saw anything concrete. I know one should never ASSume... but seeing how her daughter was stealing from grandparents and everyone.... why would she give her 4k cash to pay on a credit card. Makes no sense to me. Then again. Nothing in this case seems to make a bit of sense.

If Cindy gave her 4K to pay off a credit card, I'd wonder where Cindy was stealing the money from. In fact, I'd further wonder that Cindy wasn't blaming Casey for the theft because ultimately the funds went to pay off what Casey had gotten herself into. SPECULATION ONLY!!!!!!!! (this is another example of working for the simplest answer.)

Jus' for grins....

I'll go on the record that LE is considering charges for Lee withholding information and/or falsifying statements regarding his knowledge of Caylee's whereabouts prior to 6/15. Without quoting him in his statement he indicated the last time he saw Caylee was @/on Cindy's bday ~6/5, IIRC, and that Caylee was with Casey who had been "M.I.A. [missing in action] for weeks".

On the Sticky thread "6/10-6/14) I posted a chi-square analysis of Casey's pings 6/3-6/6 8PM-8AM vs. 6/10-6/13 8PM-8AM. During the first period Casey was established to be @ G&C's. During the second period Casey & Caylee were reportedly not @ G&C's.

This analysis showed with a 99.99% confidence interval that, when comparing the 6/10 period to the 6/3 period, the origin of the cell traffic during the 6/10 period was from a more northeastern location....i.e. Lee's house.

IMHO, Lee allowed Casey to use his house when he was either there, and/or traveling to Chicago working a business deal there, and Casey kept Caylee there vs. Tony's apt.

Since this occurred prior to the likely date & time of death, LE maybe waiting to see if/how much other evidence links Lee to the crime. It would be counterproductive for the SA to go after Lee if they didn't have enough evidence putting him in the middle of the crime...IMHO it would tend to distract/weaken their case against Casey...making them look desperate/uncertain and opening the door for Casey & Lee to point finger @ each other and screw w/ the jury....all, IMHO.

I am thinking that LA (and CA & GA) have known where to find Caylee's body for a long time. I think Casey told LA either through "code" or she got the message to him somehow. (she's close). I don't believe they wanted LE to find the body because they wanted to perpetuate the defense that Caylee was out there somewhere. LA and the A's were planning to wait until the time was right (when they wouldn't get caught) retrieve the body, and bury it themselves, never telling anyone outside of the family (the hand).

Maybe she told him when they were in the garage together with the car? Didn't Lee say she was there?

You know,Janice, using the KISS principle, I do believe you may be right. I could see the A's uniting against the world and burying Caylee somewhere only they knew about and claiming the kidnap to help KC.

YEAP, my thoughts too! I always remember that NO anthonys knocked on any doors at the sawgrass apts before the BS became apparent. They never even posted a flyer there. And GA NEVER even drove the Caylee billboard through that complex.

Jus' for grins....

I'll go on the record that LE is considering charges for Lee withholding information and/or falsifying statements regarding his knowledge of Caylee's whereabouts prior to 6/15. Without quoting him in his statement he indicated the last time he saw Caylee was @/on Cindy's bday ~6/5, IIRC, and that Caylee was with Casey who had been "M.I.A. [missing in action] for weeks".

On the Sticky thread "6/10-6/14) I posted a chi-square analysis of Casey's pings 6/3-6/6 8PM-8AM vs. 6/10-6/13 8PM-8AM. During the first period Casey was established to be @ G&C's. During the second period Casey & Caylee were reportedly not @ G&C's.

This analysis showed with a 99.99% confidence interval that, when comparing the 6/10 period to the 6/3 period, the origin of the cell traffic during the 6/10 period was from a more northeastern location....i.e. Lee's house.

IMHO, Lee allowed Casey to use his house when he was either there, and/or traveling to Chicago working a business deal there, and Casey kept Caylee there vs. Tony's apt.

Since this occurred prior to the likely date & time of death, LE maybe waiting to see if/how much other evidence links Lee to the crime. It would be counterproductive for the SA to go after Lee if they didn't have enough evidence putting him in the middle of the crime...IMHO it would tend to distract/weaken their case against Casey...making them look desperate/uncertain and opening the door for Casey & Lee to point finger @ each other and screw w/ the jury....all, IMHO.

Interested in playing this train of thought out a little more .... so I will egg you on with some devil's advocacy :crazy:.

Why would Lee lie about this? What would the motivation be?

Also, is it possible that KC had her own key and would have used Lee's apartment without asking if he were away? Would KC do such a thing? :waitasec:

On the flip side ... if LA had some involvement, the leaked information today that KC did everything all by herself could be a ploy. Hey KC, you are going to take the fall...unless you want to start coughing up some information.

Speculation, of course. :rolleyes:

Interested in playing this train of thought out a little more .... so I will egg you on with some devil's advocacy :crazy:.

Why would Lee lie about this? What would the motivation be?

Also, is it possible that KC had her own key and would have used Lee's apartment without asking if he were away? Would KC do such a thing? :waitasec:

On the flip side ... if LA had some involvement, the leaked information today that KC did everything all by herself could be a ploy. Hey KC, you are going to take the fall...unless you want to start coughing up some information.

Speculation, of course. :rolleyes:

...oh geez...now I'm gonna hafta THINK... :)

Lee might conveniently omit the information 'bout pre-6/15 thinking it wasn't relevant and he'd just get Cindy all p'd @ him 'bout it 'cause...she would be p'd. After all, Caylee was alive 6/15...right? Right! So...no harm / no foul.

Sure...Casey coulda let herself in. Perfectly plausible. Lee may or may not have found out 'bout it afterwards and still chosen to omit it per above. I mean, maybe he didn't want LE tearing through his house & stuff...nuttin' to find there, right? Right!

Me likee the nail-Casey-to-the-wall ploy to see if she rolls on Lee. He'd prolly be the only one she'd have stayed tight-lipped 'bout this long if there was anyone else involved. I dunno...just kinda like the mental theatre of it all :)

Does anyone know if Mallory lived with Lee in the house he just moved out of? Did he have a roomate> If alone, it may have it easier for KC to come and go.

I could believe this.
Nothing is beyond belief with this circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member