Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No motive established yet. Van located at 1:30 today at home between 3-4 miles from crime scene.

Sheriff Morgan was incorrect about this - Beulah's in northern Escambia, prob. 13-14 miles from where the van was found.

Sheriff Morgan was incorrect about this - Beulah's in northern Escambia, prob. 13-14 miles from where the van was found.

Thanks! This case is giving me insomnia - everywhere I search, I find more garbage associated with this case. The media referred to L Patrick's uncle, Frank Gonzalez, as the "estranged" brother of LPG senior. (that makes him L Patrick's uncle)

A criminal summons (warrant?) was issued for FG on the 8th, in response to his no-show at a VOP violation on a 1st Degree Misdemeanor Battery charge on 7/2. (The arrest date was 4/28/09). I sure would like to find out who the victim is. . .

According to the Escambia Property Appraiser:
461S302001031033 GONZALEZ LP SR & 318 PALM CT
461S302001021034 GONZALEZ F A 303 PALM CT

Did a search for variations of "Leonard Patrick Gonzalez" and came up with this. It's interesting because the Sheriff made a point of saying that the POI may have had residences in two states:

L Patrick Gonzalez:

http://www.facebook.com/wrightmn7#/patpoff?ref=sgm&__a=1

It sure looks like he's driving a red van :eek:

But his facebook friends appear to be pretty clean-cut. . .

I just want to point out that this very well MAY NOT BE the suspect - I'm just sleuthing, so please take this all with a grain of salt :)

I know a few of his FB friends:eek:

Wow - this just get's more incriminating. Patrick Gonzalez is/was married to a Fausti!!!!

Escambia County Florida Clerk of the Circuit Court
Marriage Search

[SIZE=-1]MARRIAGE[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Case[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]2003 ML 001706[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Married Date[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]07/05/2003[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Issued Date[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]07/02/2003[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Wedding Location[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]GULF BREEZE[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Effective Date[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]07/05/2003[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Witness 1[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]SANDRA J DAVIES[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Expiration Date[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]09/03/2003[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Witness 2[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]TERRI M POFF[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Officiator[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]GARY PIERCE WRIGHT, MINISTER[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Case Parties[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]GROOM[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]BRIDE[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Name[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]LEONARD PATRICK GONZALEZ JR[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]TABATHA CASEY FAUSTI [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Date of Birth[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]01/31/1974[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]10/27/1969[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Birthplace[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]FLORIDA[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]MARYLAND[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Residence[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]GULF BREEZE[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]GULF BREEZE[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]County[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]SANTA ROSA[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]SANTA ROSA[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]State[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]FLORIDA [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]FLORIDA [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Maiden Name[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]CORNWELL[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]DOCKETS

[/SIZE]

So, they lived in Gulf Breeze 6 years ago. Wonder if he's still in GB?

I checked Santa Rosa County records and found another chunk of information on L Patrick and Tabitha. She is the EX-WIFE of Brandon Fausti. They were divorce in June of 2002. (L Patrick Gonzalez was busted along with Brandon six months earlier)

Tabitha also has a record of misdemeanors. She and L Patrick were court ordered to pay their rent upon threat of eviction numerous times. An interesting aside - In the dissolution file for Brandon and Tabitha Fausti, it states that the proceeds from insurance for fire loss need to be divided.

They're all a bunch of criminals.

Some info says "Gulf Breeze", and some says "Pace"

Also, LPatrick used to own a Karate school/company called ULTIMATE MARTIAL ARTS & SMARTKICK. He was sued by Fortune Asset Management, also located in Pace, in 2002.

He was married by the age of 19 tp Katherine Christine ???

OK, I'm getting too tired!

I live in Gulf Breeze and one of their sons goes to my sons' school.

Thanks for the link! Did you follow it to this one???!!!?? Look what is says in his sig line! What a sick . http://www.myspace.com/billherkel

• PAtrIck Gonzalez "making a move for humanity"

Mood: adventurous
    happy.gif

at 12:53 AM Jul 9

From his Myspace, "My wife and I have six wonderful children at home". What was he thinking?

This guy really has a few loose screws and now they've come undone. He and his wife received an award:

he SERVICE TO MANKIND AWARD is for recognition of the difference that the Gonzalez's have made in the lives of so many North West Florida Families. The Organization, PROJECT FIGHT BACK, that they formed 5 years ago has provided training and services to over 20,000 local women and in children in the issues of Abduction Awareness and Kidnap Prevention and Women's Self Defense and Rape Awareness. All of the PROJECT FIGHT BACK PROGRAMS have been offered FREE of charge. In the last year (with virtually no funding), over 11,000 children participated in Project FIGHT Back Workshops. Some of the Project FIGHT BACK clients have included; Studer Group, the Florida Department of Children and Families, UWF, and many other civic, social, and religious organizations.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=468734116&blogId=496924621

I'm confused. I live in the area where these murderes happened, but am away currently away and am unable to watch the local news as it is being broadcast (I can watch clips online of course). Anyway, what happened to the two people who were questioned yesterday? Did Morgan release them? What became of that questioning? Are they back on the street? Sorry...I read the entired thread to find the info, but that none of this wasn't mentioned so I thought I'd ask.

The 2 were questioned yesterday and released.

The 2 were questioned yesterday and released.

Thank you daisy7. I wonder why they were released so quickly? I wonder if LE just didn't have enough to hold them? I feel so out of the loop not being able to watch the local news.

UPDATE: 1:45 P.M. SUNDAY

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said only nine minutes elapsed between the arrival and departure of the red van driven by the murder suspects of Byrd and Melanie Billings, according to surveillance video.

In an interview with NBC's "Today," Morgan said investigators are "very close" to making an arrest.

Another press conference is being scheduled today to release new information regarding the double homicide, but a time has not been set.

PNJ.com will present live video of the press conference today.

One of the victims was shot in the head, a law enforcement source close to the case confirmed yesterday.

I don't know if we should be releasing all this info about people that may or may not be the perp. Looking at this guys website he seems like he has set it up for his child, who his first wife took and refused custody, to see her family.

I would think that to avoid speculation and draging someone through the muck unnecessarily that we would wait until someone was actually charged.

JMO of course,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members