Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda, did you get a screen cap of that page before it goes bye bye?

No SuziQ, I'm a lousy archivist!!!!! I'm more of an idiot savant untangling a ball of string. (I don't even know how :confused:)

Did they say of ot was LPG Jr. or Sr.?

Why don't they give reporters microphones during press conferences, so we can hear the questions???!

Did they say of ot was LPG Jr. or Sr.?

Why don't they give reporters microphones during press conferences, so we can hear the questions???!

LPG Sr is the van owner and they said he wasn't involved. It was definitely L Patrick Gonzalez, the son, who was shown in the video from yesterday's questioning.

It's so frustrating how long it takes for info to go through the media channels!!!!

Here's a link to the Escambia Sheriff Booking info page - but they haven't posted him yet - I'm sure they're still processing him.

http://66.210.33.206/oiscript/oiget.asp

Thinking about what the sheriff said about the scope of the story of the crime - It sounds like maybe LPG (Jr) confessed to his part and that's why they delayed the conference.

Arrest made in Florida couple's slayings

• Arrest comes day after police were questioning two people
  • Eight children found in the home are being taken care of in undisclosed location
updated 1 minute ago

PENSACOLA, Florida (CNN) -- Authorities have made an arrest in the killings of a Gulf Coast couple known for adopting special-needs children, a sheriff's spokesman said Sunday.
Byrd and Melanie Billings were found shot to death Thursday night in their home near Pensacola, Florida.

Investigators announced Saturday night that two people were being questioned in the killings of Byrd and Melanie Billings, who were found dead in their Beulah, Florida, home Thursday night. Sgt. Ted Roy, a spokesman for the Escambia County Sheriff's Office, told CNN that one person had been arrested Sunday afternoon.

More at link...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/12/florida.couple.slain/index.html

OH WOW!!!!! They are reporting that is LPG SENIOR who was arrested for tampering with the van!!!!!!!

They are using this to crack LPatrick - no doubt about it. I wonder what his father knows?

"He says Gonzalez is accused of seeking to paint over a red van that authorities spotted on an extensive surveillance system at the house."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iTAOQx619OXpq7P0Jcpzqc9Zg-cwD99D6RDO0

Wow - guess he tried to cover for his son, cuz he knew he did it.

My husband and I have adopted three children out of foster care. We receive adoption assistance as well. However you won;t get wealthy doing foster care or adoption. WHile there are some people who adopt or foster for money, most only want more children as in my husband's and my case. We tried for 10 years to have another baby, did IVF and a private adoption where we lost all that money when the bio mom changed her mind. So if they were wealthy it was due to them working, not the adoption assistance.

Also here in TN when you adopt a child, if that child recieved ss disability, once you adopt that child and start receiving adoption assistance, that SSI disability is automatically stopped. My daughter has heart surgery as an ainfant and was receiving ssi. However once we adopted her, and started getting AA, the ssi stopped. She does retain her health insurance.

I have to wonder why all the overkill of surveillance unless they had had threats in the past. I would not put it past any of the bio parents that may had lost their child to the state and adopted by this family. Most bio parents are not that stable mentally or emotionally anyway. While they rarely have the finances to order a hit on someone, it is not impossible.

Also not everyone owns a 15 person van. Most are either churches or families with a large amount of children. Perhaps another family who had adopted several children and mad because they lost a child to this couple? WHile this sounds far fetched, it would be possib;e. People have killed for less.

I just pray they find these scumbags. I feel so sorry for these poor children. My greatest fear for my three young children is if my husband and I pass away before they reach adult hood. They have already lost one set of parents, and I wuld hate for the to lose us as well. As in the case of these children, they will have now a third set of parents in their short lives. No child should go through that.

I agree. I wanted to thank you for your post, and mention the 467 per mo that might be available for fostering or adoption help is rather little. I'm a single mom, and when my son was in daycare two years ago, it was 208 per week and about 275 a week for camp during the summer.

I don't think of adoptive or foster parents out to get kids to 'make a living' so to speak. Now people on state assistance who make sure they continue having children to maintain an income once a child 'ages out' of assitance after 5 years- what we call welfare reform, another story entirely which gets too OT.

God Bless you for taking in children who need a family.

Cubby

Linda, EXCELLENT sleuthing!!! You had this one cracked wide open!!! Just wanted to comment on how CREEPY the myspace page is - CREEPY!!!!

Linda, I think you are on to something regarding motive. That myspace page is very interesting to read after the comments at the presser. I wonder if he feels the Billings were involved in the abduction. Maybe the baby was adopted out and they helped with that? IDK.

Is there anyway the couple who were murdered were in any way related to the family that "has his daughter"???

This has to have something to do with Bella, I think. But, what?? Stupid, evil people everywhere!

I got screen shots!!! I did one the one blog I posted that was relevent! I need to re-read this thread, I think someone did mention a marriage connection to the "her**"

Multiple motives and players....

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/12/florida.couple.slain/index.html

(snip)
He is the first person arrested in connection with the Thursday night shooting deaths of Byrd and Melanie Billings, "hopefully with many to follow," Morgan said.
Morgan called the investigation "a humdinger" that has become "a window into something bigger," with multiple motives and players involved. But he would provide no details.
"I know this sounds like we're talking in circles," he said. "But at this point, we cannot release that information, because those circles have not been completed."

WTH is LPG Jr rambling on about how he can provide a stable family life and such? He's full of carp. Him and his dad have raps sheets for drugs, etc.

See posts 64 and 70

and post 86

Great, just lost my entire post!!!

Long story short - VERY interested to know if the mother or her family of "missing" daughter are in any way related to the victims? I wonder if they would sometimes house this little girl at the home for safety...thoughts?

Linda, I think you are on to something regarding motive. That myspace page is very interesting to read after the comments at the presser. I wonder if he feels the Billings were involved in the abduction. Maybe the baby was adopted out and they helped with that? IDK.

There's a whole weird dimension to the thing with his ex-wife. It appears that there is something "illegal" about the divorce (or at least erroneous)

http://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/do/docket?county=57&data=847f0636a38b777dd38b77c67cf73738

Take note of the question mark next to "final judgment" and the case appears to have been initiated in 1993, but shows action in 1999 - which is much more consistent with the age of "Bella" in the most recent photos.

It does appear that the child is alive and well - but there is strangeness in the 'Herkel" side of the family too.

Did anyone note the statement he made in his Myspace about the secret page and the responses to it? I think that there may be something to find there. I still, at this point, think that he's nuts and someone used him, not the other way around (Opinion subject to change!!!!)

His wife and children are so beautiful too - It breaks my heart.

Another thought on daddy being in jail. Great way to keep Jr from running. I just hope they have him under big time surveillance. It would not surprise me a bit if he's the next one found shot "execution style". If the other perp is the shooter, especially if it does turn out to be Fausti, he won't want LPatrick talking.

These are the times when I hope that LE is whole lot smarter than I am (or reading here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600