Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Why did it take 7 of them to carry out this act? Why couldn't they have planned it with just one or two people? Thoughts?????

Here's my thoughts on that based on the evidence thus far.... just guesses:

Guess 1:
The more people involved, the more people that L. Patrick Jr. could have used as scapegoats, in the event they got caught. Especially those with criminal backgrounds. (That plan got foiled by the video tape and L. Patrick Sr. throwing LPJ under the bus. That left LPJ with only one scapegoat - his own father.)

Guess 2:
Somebody (perhaps a gang member?) found out about L. Patrick Jr.'s plan to rob the Billing and wanted a piece of the loot - in exchange for not squealing or killing him themselves. In essence, he was strong armed into recruiting them. Much like the juvenile.

Guess 3:
L. Patrick Jr and/or Sr owed them money. Maybe even Pam Wiggens owed the money - LPJ was doing a favor. (Maybe drug related?) They concocted this scheme to pay off their debt and recruited them for the "'big pay off."

But I could be totally wrong. I'm sure we'll find out more in the coming days.

There was $47,000.00 tax lean on him in 1994.I found that interesting and there are some other things, if you look at court records and official records you get differant type cases, he was not always the attorney, sometimes he also represented himself. I have googled him everyway possible. I can not find a picture of him anywhere!

Foreclosure action on BWM as defendant, not attny, in Santa Rosa Cnty, filed Feb of this year, with status OPEN, re: VICTORIAN VILLAGE:

http://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/do/docket?county=57&data=9bc57b1d52e044295ac5657c189ac311

I need help from Locals!!!

Alright- CS on her arrest report says 1206 Via De Luna

Pam Long- 1600 Via De Luna - 4th floor

Because these are both EVEN numbers - should be same side of the st - but when I look on google st I can't seem to locate residence.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=1600 Via De Luna&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

I'm about 12 pages behind (because I went out to dinner...lol), and this may have already been answered, but try putting "Pensacola Beach, FL" That's the only way Google Maps will recognize it!

Want to remind everyone of this:

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml.asp?ucase_id=34007435

Byrd and Melanie sued their son for custody of his daughters. I have noticed that this son is never in attendance at the family press conferences and recently I found this (scroll to the bottom where it says "Family in bay area"):

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article1018810.ece

He is not going to the funderal. I wonder if there are still bad feelings? Anyone know?

Read the rest of that article:

He said he went to Pensacola after the murders but returned to his home after just a few hours. He said he won't be going to the couple's funeral.

"I didn't feel safe there," he said.

OMG...sorry for jumping in...the van was PL's?

Yes. Her van. Plus she was in one of the 2 red vans (can't remember exactly which right now) with the safe and the guns after the murders.

What connection does he have to the Billings prior to the murder? I must have missed this.

Would someone please refresh my memory regarding L Patrick and Fausti...I am very certain I can link them to the Billings...or has that already been done? So many names!

I have seen adoption papers on 5 of these children thank you very much. The ones I've taught.

I've known these people since they first started adopting these children. I think I know a whole lot more about how they were adopted than you.

I won't argue with you on whether they were good people. I KNOW they were. I simplyresponded to the ridiculous statement that these children were taken from anyone. Melanie still kept in contact with most of the bio parents of these children.

You know the sheriff has said many times over that the connections are within the group of suspects. He has said over and over that the investigation does not involve the family. Why do you insist on trying to drag their name in the mud?

You talk of leaving emotions out of things, tell ya what you do try that when two people you loved dearly are so brutally murdered. I think I've done a pretty good job of not saying a whole lot about the baseless accusations here so far.

Gosh, mom23gr8kids, my heart goes out to you. It's hard to be in the position you're in. What a cluster of emotions you must be going through. You seem to be a true and close friend to this family.

Do you think robbery was the motive? I understand that the Billings had several businesses, and were prominent, but they also had several children who had needs that probably required substantial money that was not funded by the state or any other entity.

As I just mentioned in a previous post - there are some indiactors in Lpatricks pot bust from 2002 that he might have gone the informant route:

He changed his name in the middle of the case, they decided not to pursue almost everything (50.00 fine?)

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml.asp?ucase_id=23678403

And then we have Lpatrick claiming to go off to Costa Rica. . .

Actually, he legally changed his name in 2000, a few years before this case. Maybe they had arrested him under Poff and updated the record to show his new legal name?

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml.asp?ucase_id=41812346

Check out his attorney. Maybe you already mentioned that. If so, I missed it!

GOOD CATCH!! I didn't see that - but who is on whose side. One of the attorneys are BM

Excuse me, I thought the post I was answering was asking for more possible motive "connections" for the perps. Since you asked, I believe that we'll find a double edged motive that may never even be acknowledged - simply because you can't prosecute the deceased.

I think there's a very good possibilty that Lpatrick was set up because he had become a "loose cannon" and the Billings were targeted by a crime syndicate. Maybe the Billings had nothing to do with crime and the MS-13 syndicated wanted Purshu and Worldco out of the game for some reason, or maybe they just wanted their gold.

I agree with the poster (Magic????) who said this could very well become a scandle if the truth is ever revealled.

But that was my point. There's just maybe's and could be's and what-if's and conjectures -- even with all this digging into records and histories.
I've seen nothing that ties the Billings to any sort of criminal activity, and I don't like to see it posited on the forum without at least some kind of credible back-up justifying it.

I have seen adoption papers on 5 of these children thank you very much. The ones I've taught.

I've known these people since they first started adopting these children. I think I know a whole lot more about how they were adopted than you.

I won't argue with you on whether they were good people. I KNOW they were. I simply responded to the ridiculous statement that these children were taken from anyone. Melanie still kept in contact with most of the bio parents of these children.

You know the sheriff has said many times over that the connections are within the group of suspects. He has said over and over that the investigation does not involve the family. Why do you insist on trying to drag their name in the mud?

You talk of leaving emotions out of things, tell ya what you do try that when two people you loved dearly are so brutally murdered. I think I've done a pretty good job of not saying a whole lot about the baseless accusations here so far.

I really don't think we are. I think we're looking at a bigger picture. Why question Michael Billings relationship with his folk? Because he appears to have been estranged from them sufficiently for them to have to sue for child support (and gain custody of his kids).

I know this is hard - but we would be doing this if you weren't here - and you wouldn't be any worse off for not knowing. I absolutely believe that Melanie and Byrd Billings were wonderful parents to their children. Now let me ask you a theoretical question, if I may, IF (and that is a totally theoretical if) there were questionable business dealings that led to a bigger syndicate and that information could help expose the criminal masterminds, would it be worth it? Or do you believe that their memory should be protected above all other considerations?

If it were my friends, I would undoubtedly want to protect their memory. But if I had kids and knew that there was a powerful syndicate who not only poisoned the streets with drugs, violence and stolen property, and those scum bags had put a hit on my friends because of a business connection, possibly one that LE is working on behind the scenes. I would want the syndicate exposed at all costs.

Would someone please refresh my memory regarding L Patrick and Fausti...I am very certain I can link them to the Billings...or has that already been done? So many names!

Fausti is Patrick's wife's former husband. Please link connections!

Excuse me, I thought the post I was answering was asking for more possible motive "connections" for the perps. Since you asked, I believe that we'll find a double edged motive that may never even be acknowledged - simply because you can't prosecute the deceased.

I think there's a very good possibilty that Lpatrick was set up because he had become a "loose cannon" and the Billings were targeted by a crime syndicate. Maybe the Billings had nothing to do with crime and the MS-13 syndicated wanted Purshu and Worldco out of the game for some reason, or maybe they just wanted their gold.

I agree with the poster (Magic????) who said this could very well become a scandle if the truth is ever revealled.

I'm wondering if the link to the MS 13 is in relation to the guns which were used. The guns could possibly have been purchased from a member of the gang....not that the person that bought them was themselves a member...

Did anyone find a pic of possible BWM yet? I found this closeup...

Ok with all of the abbreviations I'm getting lost now. Can someone PM me the name for BWM so I can look for pix/info etc.? Or link to a story that has the name in it?

Thanks.

But that was my point. There's just maybe's and could be's and what-if's and conjectures -- even with all this digging into records and histories.
I've seen nothing that ties the Billings to any sort of criminal activity, and I don't like to see it posited on the forum without at least some kind of credible back-up justifying it.

I respect your point of view. I will tell you that I have found things that I've not shared (yet) and they, like other things shared so far, are very questionable. I am keeping them to myself until I can determine if they are important or not. My point is not to look for dirt on Melanie & Byrd Billings. My point is to find out why there are legal records of their associations with repeat offenders and if and where they intersect with a bigger syndicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173