Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I looked up LPatricks records again and It looks like he was probably "Baker Acted" several times. The first psych eval I see is in '92.

Hi everyone. This is Jennifer Herkel of the
Myspace rants. Let me clear a few things up for you. First...Bella was not abducted but LPG had lost his rights because he did not comply with the divorce orders...ie..did not take parenting class, would not settle for supervised visitation. Also LPG was starting a "new" life with Tabatha and only wanted his daughter on his terms.
Second...from personal experience he is a liar, a scam artist and a con. He has been threating my family through the Myspace pages since April. We really did go to the Sarasota police and talked to a detective with the initials TT. He does not have a record because he told us that we could just shut the computer off. If it isnt true then we should just ignore it.
The pictures on LPG's My space were stolen off of my MYspace (that I shut down when he started threatning us)
We do not know the Billings. Bella does not know the Billings and is currently happily living in South Florida with her Mom.
The YA YA's picture was at a breast cancer fundraiser and has no one in the picture related to this case except for my immediate family and then locals out for a good cause.
We are also victims in this sad case. As I have said before, if LPG would have gotten away with this My family would have been next.

These threads are moving at the speed of light and there do seem to be so many characters involved.

For me it all comes down to one simple question: if the motive was robbery (and that's what the police are saying), WHY did the parents have to be killed? WHY? The gang practiced for a month to get into the house and get to that safe...does anyone doubt that the Billings would have tried to fight 5 armed men and keep them from taking a safe? Of course they wouldn't have. There were other times those thugs could have gotten into the house...times when there would be fewer people at home and possibly no one at home. I just don't understand why they had to (or felt they had to) murder the couple if this was about money (and not about revenge).

If Lpatrick turns out to be a shooter - he could have literally had a psychic break, which looks like it has happened before. If so, he might have taken out all of his building aggression on the Billings without having any grounding in reality. That still doesn't explain how he got there though. I still don't think it was his idea. . .

Myspace rants. Let me clear a few things up for you. First...Bella was not abducted but LPG had lost his rights because he did not comply with the divorce orders...ie..did not take parenting class, would not settle for supervised visitation. Also LPG was starting a "new" life with Tabatha and only wanted his daughter on his terms.
Second...from personal experience he is a liar, a scam artist and a con. He has been threating my family through the Myspace pages since April. We really did go to the Sarasota police and talked to a detective with the initials TT. He does not have a record because he told us that we could just shut the computer off. If it isnt true then we should just ignore it.
The pictures on LPG's My space were stolen off of my MYspace (that I shut down when he started threatning us)
We do not know the Billings. Bella does not know the Billings and is currently happily living in South Florida with her Mom.
The YA YA's picture was at a breast cancer fundraiser and has no one in the picture related to this case except for my immediate family and then locals out for a good cause.
We are also victims in this sad case. As I have said before, if LPG would have gotten away with this My family would have been next.

Thank you so much for posting here, Jen - as you can see, I have been thinking that LPatrick has some pretty serious mental issues for sure. WELCOME and God bless you all. I'm sure this is hell to go through and I'm so glad there won't be a "next" Give Bella (and your daughter) a big hug from Websleuths!

A man accused of participating in a double homicide July 9 in Pensacola, Fla., has an outstanding warrant for his arrest in Middletown.
Authorities said when Wayne Coldiron took a customized 1979 van from the former Armco Steel Co. parking lot off Oxford State Road on May 18, 1990, he didn’t get very far when he was finally arrested before noon the next morning in London, Ky.
According to the Middletown police report, the owner of the van said two people were seen in the van at about 9 p.m. that night near an 18th Avenue bar.
Coldiron, who was 22 and who had a Huber Heights address at the time of the Middletown theft, was arrested with another person by London police at about 11:30 a.m. May 19, 1990. According to police records, the vehicle’s ignition had been torn out.

http://www.middletownjournal.com/ne...s-outstanding-arrest-warrant-here-208143.html

That being said, it is very disappointing to return to catch up on this thread and see so many posts still implying that because of some speculated upon questionable business dealings that somehow these two people brought this horrible act upon themselves! Thousands of "shady" business dealings happen every day in Florida and every other state. That certainly doesn't mean that these people DESERVE to die!!!!

I'm mainly a lurker in these threads; I'm scared this case will consume me! How web-like this all is.

Has anyone actually said that they deserved to die? I think the Billings were probably amazing parents. I don't know if they did or didn't have questionable business dealings. If they did, they absolutely did not deserve to die.

However, there's a fine line between being a straight-up victim advocate and wearing blinders. IF the Billings were associated with shady people, knowingly or not, then they were put in a position that increased the amount of risk in their lives. It's just true. If people want to flesh out potential connections that might not have been on the up and up, then I think they should because to ignore those (hypothetical) connections would be to ignore potential evidence or clues to motive.

Again, I think the Billings' good outweighed the bad (if there was any) but --and I ask this honestly--what takes precedence? Victim advocacy or sleuthing? It's a question I've had on other forums.

Myspace rants. Let me...

Welcome from a fellow newbie. I would like to tell you, as someone shocked by the details of this case, and then I found this site, I (and most others) never DREAMED you were anything other than an innocent bystander in all this, and that LPG has serious issues.

I applaud you for your bravery to even come out and tell us these personal details, and I hope and pray you find peace in knowing he is locked up, and can not bother you, or your family again.

Again, My thoughts and prayers are with you, and all who are connected in this terrible tragedy, and I believe ALL the people working on this site just want JUSTICE for the Billings.

I know I am one. Thank you.

Jennifer:

Thanks for the insight. I bet that no one here really thought Bella was abducted. I have also not believed that there was a link between the Herkel family and the Billings.

But can Tabitha shine some light on this by telling us something we do not know?

Thank you so much for clearing some things up for us. Especially about going to the Sarasota LE about LPG's MySpace rantings and what they told you. It makes sense now that they would have no record of it. I think they were very callous in your response to you and I hope they are thinking twice about taking a complaint like that more seriously. :eek:

You are the ex-sister of law of LPG, correct? This must be so very frightening for you and your entire family. Thank goodness LPG is locked up now. You are indeed victims here, as well.

Thanks again for coming here and giving us some insight.

Jennifer:

Thanks for the insight. I bet that no one here really thought Bella was abducted. I have also not believed that there was a link between the Herkel family and the Billings.

But can Tabitha shine some light on this by telling us something we do not know?

Tabitha is LPG JR's current wife. She ain't talkin...or at least we haven't heard that she is cooperating.

Does anyone else feel that the attorney,BM, needs to be looked at more closely? Pensacola has LOTS of attorneys, yet he can be linked to both the suspects and the victims. Coincidence?

I think we should dig a little more into the other suspects. It seems like DS's father works at a used car lot in Milton, FL which is just east of PCOLA.

Snipet: The Stallworths separated when DS was young, according to family friends. But many people in Brewton described both parents as wonderful people. BS is a longtime worker at the county Department of Human Resources. DS Sr. runs a used car lot in Milton, Fla.

Source: http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/brewton_residents_shocked_loca.html

Is anyone else bothered by WHERE the safe was located? It is really bugging me.

We are told by Morgan that the contents of the safe have been located. How would he know that, unless the safe had never been opened? If the safe was opened, no one living would know what the contents are except for the theives and can they be believed? I am guessing, that the theives did not have an opportunity to open the safe and it was discovered intact. Why would LPG give the intact safe to Wiggens-Long if he was the organizer?

Also troubling is where they put it. They burried the safe under a pile of bricks in the backyard of one of of Wiggens-Longs properties. From the photo, you can see that it is buried a long way from the house. Now, if LPG is the mastermind and organizer, why would he do that? Why would he bury it OUTSIDE where anyone could see? This is bugging me. If the safe was the motive and it contained money, why didn't LPG keep the safe in his possession until it is opened, remove the valuables and then dispose of the empty safe in the sea or a field or somewhere???? Why under bricks? Outside? On Wiggen-Long's property? That makes no sense at all.

I have a feeling about this, but I wonder what others are thinking......

Hello Jen, and I thank you for speaking out here as well I know its hard right now for you and your family.

If I may ask, was supervised visitation in the divorce decree? I'm sure that the child support was, but normally supervised visitation is not ordered unless there is a danger to the child.

I would as a single father myself (with custody of my children) like to point out that failure to comply with a divorce decree does not strip one of their parental rights, failure to pay child support is not a reason to not allow a parent to see their child, and again, does not strip them of thier rights, that's not my opinion, that's law, I know first hand, with trying to secure child support from my children's mother.

Most of the time, when a dad is refused visitation with their kid because of child support, all the dad has to do is take the matter back to court, he would have to answer for why he hasn't paid and show good cause for not having paid, but also, the mother would be in trouble by the judge. the second time it happened the mom could face harsher santions like fine or even jail time themselves.

I'm sure he didn't do this because he was more scared of what would happen to him when he would have to answer to the judge of why he hasn't paid to this point, than he was worried about seeing Bella.

Scared, cowardly even.. I know there is nothing I wouldn't do to see my kids...parenting classes, child support, jail time, supervised visits, what ever I had to do, and then I'd take it to court myself.

Tabitha is LPG JR's current wife. She ain't talkin...or at least we haven't heard that she is cooperating.

Does anyone else feel that the attorney,BM, needs to be looked at more closely? Pensacola has LOTS of attorneys, yet he can be linked to both the suspects and the victims. Coincidence?

Must have missed this. How was BM connected to the Billings?

Whoops...VERY sorry. I confused the names. But I am still wondering if you can tell us something about LPG that might shine some light on the motive behind these killings....I do not believe it was only for the money...

I am also intersted in the contents of the safe and how it was disposed. Doesn't make any sense. Maybe because LE was on them so quickly they thought that burning the safe would get rid of any incriminating docs. Not sure..more will be revealed and I am looking forward to more questions being answered.

Also maybe they really were not after the safe but the Billings were their target.

"the safe stolen from their home contained only jewelry, family documents and children's prescription medication."

http:///news/us/2009/07/17/spokeswoman_fla_couples_safe_had_jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member