Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
About L. Patrick Jr. being an "paid informant" - that came from a CBS article here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/16/cbsnews_investigates/main5166742.shtml

CBS got the exclusive documents, but did a very poor job presenting the information. It really left a lot to the imagination....

But if you read the article carefully, LPG Jr. declared HIMSELF a "paid informant" - he told this to JJ (his criminal defense attorney) for an affidavit from an unrelated case. No where is it verified that LPG Jr. was an informant for the Federal Government. He basically self-appointed himself that description.

The articles does not say WHO he was an "informant" for! For all we know, he could have been paid by a "client." And for all we know, he could have been lying through his teeth!! After all, this is the same guy who just plead NOT GUILTY, though he was clearly involved with the Billings murders.

No, I do not think LPG Jr. was a paid informant. Until someone in a position of AUTHORITY steps forward and verifies that, I think LPG Jr. is a delusional, pathological liar, con-artist and murderer.

"the safe stolen from their home contained only jewelry, family documents and children's prescription medication."

http:///news/us/2009/07/17/spokeswoman_fla_couples_safe_had_jewelry

I'm making no allegations.....just bolding words....

Must have missed this. How was BM connected to the Billings?

I can't link back to the locked threads. I will work on pulling them up again, but the clerk of the court website is taking a long time. BM represented some cases I believe with the auto brokers business, as well. One of the posters here spent many posts connecting them yesterday.

such a shame ...

my heart goes out to this family and everyone involved

"the safe stolen from their home contained only jewelry, family documents and children's prescription medication."

Bolded by me - this would coincide with CS being arrested the same day as the perps - Trying to "Pawn" Fraud - etc..

CS family rents from the Billings, She is listed at this address along with another address that is 0.7 miles from Pam Longs Via De Luna home.

As far as BM - He represented Byrd Billings on different matters as well as other people that had associtiations with the billings. Including another individual who was arrested for Arson with the intent to defraud an insurance company.

About L. Patrick Jr. being an "paid informant" - that came from a CBS article here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/16/cbsnews_investigates/main5166742.shtml

CBS got the exclusive documents, but did a very poor job presenting the information. It really left a lot to the imagination....

But if you read the article carefully, LPG Jr. declared HIMSELF a "paid informant" - he told this to JJ (his criminal defense attorney) for an affidavit from an unrelated case. No where is it verified that LPG Jr. was an informant for the Federal Government. He basically self-appointed himself that description.

The articles does not say WHO he was an "informant" for! For all we know, he could have been paid by a "client." And for all we know, he could have been lying through his teeth!! After all, this is the same guy who just plead NOT GUILTY, though he was clearly involved with the Billings murders.

No, I do not think LPG Jr. was a paid informant. Until someone in a position of AUTHORITY steps forward and verifies that, I think LPG Jr. is a delusional, pathological liar, con-artist and murderer.

from the link:

Gonzalez, Jr. received $150,000 for providing "intelligence" services from January through April of 2008, according to Jenkins.

Does this statement mean that Jr. "declared himself" to be an informant? Sorry, I'm not seeing that.

I believe the idea of him being a paid informant was clear speculation from a post from the last thread, cuz the court records showed he changed his name during a misdemeanor case. However, he had actually legally changed his name 2 years before that case.

Case Closed!!! :rolleyes:

The Billings Were Murdered For These Valuables... I Would Have Gladly GIVEN Them To Those Killers.

I think we'll learn more about why the Billings were targeted....but, since today is their funeral....those theories can wait out of respect for the family.

Case Closed!!! :rolleyes:

The Billings Were Murdered For These Valuables... I Would Have Gladly GIVEN Them To Those Killers.

After all of the great sleuthing that has been done on this case, I believe this is what the case boils down to.

Home invasion, robbery, and the two adult victims silenced because they may have or could have recognized some of the invaders.

KISS, to the fullest.

If it hadn't been for the bumbling of the culprits, they may never have been caught. But then again, that's probably what led them to these victims in the first place, their idiotic idea they had stashes of cash and riches waiting to be removed from the premesis.

JMHO
fran

Since the contents of the safe were nothing "unique" to this family and certainly nothing that 8 people would want to split (like cash), maybe somebody wanted them dead and lured these idiots (at least some of them) into thinking they were going to rob this place, take a safe full of money, etc...but really they were just fooled when the real purpose was to kill? But even then, why would they need so many people? Maybe we are just trying to think about it too logically and assume that these people used more than 3 brain cells to plan this...

Since the contents of the safe were nothing "unique" to this family and certainly nothing that 8 people would want to split (like cash), maybe somebody wanted them dead and lured these idiots (at least some of them) into thinking they were going to rob this place, take a safe full of money, etc...but really they were just fooled when the real purpose was to kill? But even then, why would they need so many people? Maybe we are just trying to think about it too logically and assume that these people used more than 3 brain cells to plan this...

If you look at my past posts, you will see where I posted this exact theory...don't want to re-post it, but I think this is a real possibility.

I'm making no allegations.....just bolding words....

UMMMM....perhaps birth certificates, adoption records, car titles, land deeds, passports...you know, the same kind of "family documents" that we all keep in our safes and safe deposit boxes????

One LE officer I heard interviewed compared this case to the Clutter family murders here in Kansas and written about in the book/movie "In Cold Blood". Those murderers believed stories heard and expounded upon in prison about a safe full of money kept in the home that turned out to be completely incorrect. They extensively planned the attack and drove for days to carry it out. They, too, killed for no reason when they found no huge stash of money in the home.

Bolded by me - this would coincide with CS being arrested the same day as the perps - Trying to "Pawn" Fraud - etc..

CS family rents from the Billings, She is listed at this address along with another address that is 0.7 miles from Pam Longs Via De Luna home.

As far as BM - He represented Byrd Billings on different matters as well as other people that had associtiations with the billings. Including another individual who was arrested for Arson with the intent to defraud an insurance company.

Just to make it clear, CS's parents and her are listed at a house they rent from the Billings. CS also has an apartment in a very large apartment/condo building that is almost a mile away from a property owned by PL along a heavily populated beach road. I don't see that as a connection at all.

BM is an attorney who has represented Byrd. I'm sure he has many clients in the area. Yesterday, someone thought a man seen in a photo with PL looked like BM, but then it turned out that wasn't BM in the photo. I haven't seen any successful connection between BM and the perps, but even if there was one -- he's an attorney and naturally would come into contact with people who have legal issues.

After all of the great sleuthing that has been done on this case, I believe this is what the case boils down to.

Home invasion, robbery, and the two adult victims silenced because they may have or could have recognized some of the invaders.

KISS, to the fullest.

If it hadn't been for the bumbling of the culprits, they may never have been caught. But then again, that's probably what led them to these victims in the first place, their idiotic idea they had stashes of cash and riches waiting to be removed from the premesis.

JMHO
fran

I believe that it was meant in some sort of sarcasm. If that were myself, I would have gladly opened the safe and handed them everything inside rather than needing to be shot multiple times. The case is most definitely not over, the fact still remains on why they had to die, why they had to practice for a month, etc. This is clearly something they REALLY wanted. Why wouldnt they have done it when nobody was home why make such an ordeal out of it?:confused:

Found this on Vinelink:

Details Last Name First Name Date of Birth Age Custody Status Facility/Reason Reporting Agency
title= GONZALEZ LEONARD PATRICK 02/23/1953 56 In Custody ESCAMBIA COUNTY JAIL ESCAMBIA COUNTY JAIL
title= GONZALEZ LEONARD PATRICK 01/31/1974 35 Out of Custody General release SANTA ROSA COUNTY JAIL
title= GONZALEZ LEONARD PATRICK 01/31/1974 35 In Custody ESCAMBIA COUNTY JAIL ESCAMBIA COUNTY JAIL

Was LPG originally arrested to Santa Rosa County and then transferred to Escambia which would account for the "general release," or was this from a previous arrest? They records only go back a few months.

Also, they have Alias for Jr. listed as "Richmond."

In regards to the article saying that they were possibly in some sort of financial trouble could that be why they have set up a trust? Typically you dont see that when dealing with 'well-off' families. Just a thought, could be nothing.

Last night I looked up LPatricks records again and It looks like he was probably "Baker Acted" several times. The first psych eval I see is in '92.

Linda - Can you give a link for this? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24