Court

Expect another adjournment.
Hawk, do you have any insight into why there are so many adjornments?

Let's see what happens later today. My best guess is they don't want the truth to come out before they can 'fix' it. You are seeing the Big League version of this with the Supreme Court Hearings for SCOTUS........confuse, delay and more confusion. It is all B.S. - short and simple.

SCPD pulled the same crap with the shooter in the Oheka shooting. Had the tape for more than a year of the shooting and shooter running and driving away. Folks like us wondered why not release the tape and maybe someone could recognize the shooter? And the tape was released. From what I was told ONE person said they did recognize the shooter simply by knowing him and recognize his gait, etc., And that my friends is another MURDER MYSTERY for the WSers.

Such an interesting thing, this whole case.
Have you read the fiction novel "Sunrise Highway", Peter Blauner? It was released on 9/4. Once you figure out all the fiction characters the book will be even more enjoyable.

Have you read the fiction novel "Sunrise Highway", Peter Blauner? It was released on 9/4. Once you figure out all the fiction characters the book will be even more enjoyable.
Thanks for the recommend. I shall seek it out.

Let's hope something positive happens at today's scheduled (I believe) court hearing.

SCPD pulled the same crap with the shooter in the Oheka shooting. Had the tape for more than a year of the shooting and shooter running and driving away. Folks like us wondered why not release the tape and maybe someone could recognize the shooter? And the tape was released. From what I was told ONE person said they did recognize the shooter simply by knowing him and recognize his gait, etc., And that my friends is another MURDER MYSTERY for the WSers.
Oheka is another place with a shady background, between the cops, mobsters and the local political machine, everyone wants a piece of the place based alone on what a gold mine that it is. If there is not a book on the Castle, there should be one written. Even the retired Nassau PD that I know won't discuss it with me.

Since Judge Berland, adjourned the September 24, hearing, did he schedule another date? Anybody know?

How does this work?
All parties show up.
One says " your honor, requesting another adjournment."
Judge says "sure, why not. What day would you like to come back for another adjournment"?

Wonder how much these adjournments are costing taxpayers?? I think there's been at least 6. And, I assume everybody (judge, court employees, SC DA & staff, cops, etc) getting paid... except JR. Or no?? Anyone in SC care??

John Ray is in court today for this case.

Suit seeks return of Suffolk DA bonuses

Point is - John is sueing Suffolk County - (read about it in the Newsday article)

Take a look at who is defending Suffolk County - Dennis Brown, Esq.
He is also defending Hackett in Shannan's case.

Why would Suffolk County represent Hackett you may want to ask yourself.

I'll tell you, Suffolk County has the rights to that 9-1-1 call you all are so very interested
in seeing if John can get it. But Suffolk County is defending Hackett,
GET IT? So John ain't NEVAH gonna get that 9-1-1 call and he knows it.

John can NOT get the 9-1-1 call and he knows it. ONLY the FEDS have the right to
that 9-1-1 call and you don't see the Feds lined up to get it now do you?

Take a look at what Judge Berland (same judge as Shannan's case) decided.
I've posted a screen shot of his decision.

If you want to see the fate of Shannan's case, you definitely want to follow THIS case

Attachments

• ray v scda.png
    ray v scda.png
    363.5 KB · Views: 37
  • berland signed off no no no no no.png
    berland signed off no no no no no.png
    262 KB · Views: 39
The same Dennis Brown is representing both Hackett and Suffolk County in two related cases?

How is that possible? The 911 tape release is directly related to Shannan Gilbert's death. Hackett is being sued for contributing to Shannan's death. Is this not a conflict of interest for the the same lawyer to be involved in both cases where the results of one case could materially affect the other case?

Why would Suffolk County hire Brown, and how could Brown ethically accept the role?

Because John Ray does not have any evidence in this case to go to trial.
<modsnip - rude>

The Judge is about to dismiss the case.

'Seems to me JR has been trying to obtain evidence (i.e. Shannan's 911 call tape/transcript). And, everyone appearing at each court date is receiving payment for their time except JR. Seems he would have dropped the case long ago as there is no monetary benefit for him... no monetary benefit to put anyone in jail... be it Pak, Hackett, or anyone else. All just my opinion, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's wishful thinking but maybe the FEDS have something to do with it?

I am confused, please help me understand.

I thought the hearings before Judge Berland was for the release of the 911 tapes that John Ray wants as part of his wrongful death suit against Hackett.

Suffolk County is fighting against the release based on the supposed fact the tapes are part of the ongoing investigation into Shannan Gilbert's death and according to Suffolk County need to be kept confidential.

How Michael Pak is involved in this issue is what I do not understand. It was my belief that John Ray had the legal right to depose Michael Pak when JR launched the suit against Hackett. If Pak never appeared, JR could have asked a judge to issue a warrant at that time.

As well did Berland issue any ruling on October 16 hearing regarding the tapes?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks

After I gathered all my evidence on Pak and Hackett
I asked Chris Loeb should I send it to Tierney
CHris told me Tierney was a clone of Spota, only younger.

YUP THE FEDS HAVE EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THIS CASE NOT BEING SOLVED

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back