CSI Shirt

I agree with Greenpalm and others - the child probably went to the CSI exhibit at OMSI or got a child-oriented CSI science kit, hence, the t-shirt. And also, we have a tv at our house, but don't actually watch TV. We watch DVDs, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

There was a pic of TH's son J wearing the same CSI shirt on her FB (when public). Maybe the shirt was his?

It could be a hand-me-down because it was rather big for him.

It would be a strange choice for a premeditated crime IMO because it seems too pointed. "Look he loves CSI and now he's subject to one." If I was planning to make a child disappear I would take care that his shirt would only have pictures of happy animals, characters from kids' movies approved for all ages, tractors, a Ferrari logo, Bob the Builder, Lightning McQueen, some pandas etc. Nothing that could be interpreted to mean anything dark and mysterious.

I don't know what to think about the shirt. I don't see a big deal with him wearing it, watching it yes, but wearing the shirt no. I would not be the least bit surprised though at this point in the case that Terri would have dressed him in that shirt that day if she had something to do with his disappearance.

I haven't see that picture but, assuming that it was taken at their house it means one of two things. Either they purchased a TV after she made that statement or she wasn't honest when she made that statement. What year was that picture taken? I couldn't find it in the Halloween photo album. Or they could have gotten rid of their TV after the picture was taken.

Eta, she made the statement about not having a TV in June, 2009.

FWIW, I have said to other people that "We don't have tv in our house" meaning that we don't have cable/free tv signal hooked up. We watch dvd's we rent from the library or watch shows online... We definitely have television sets, but not anything hooked up to receive on them except for a dvd player. I have only watched CSI on dvd. I think the shirt is chilling- either an eerie coincidence or a sick twisted play made by a perp...

I didn't give the shirt too much thought, other than since it was a day when he had a Science Fair, he might have chosen that shirt specifically to wear.

I still have a whole flock of questions about how it was that a 7 year old boy was wearing a CSI t-shirt. I certainly hope there is an innocent answer to that, because if there isn't...I can't help but thinking that the shirt was a chess move, a taunt... I hope that the latter is NOT the case.

The local science museum in Portland, OMSI, had a special exhibit on CSI sometime last year and they were selling shirts and other souveneirs. Almost every child in Portland has been to OMSI at some point on a school trip, etc. The exhibit was the first thing I thought of when I saw Kyon in the shirt.

I still have a whole flock of questions about how it was that a 7 year old boy was wearing a CSI t-shirt. I certainly hope there is an innocent answer to that, because if there isn't...I can't help but thinking that the shirt was a chess move, a taunt... I hope that the latter is NOT the case.

After reading today's news about TH. I think your thoughts on this about it could possibly having been a taunt...might be right. Makes me very sad for Kyron.

Beauty! (Beatrice found a pic of Kyron's stepbro in the same shirt, which has been deleted.)

I think we have our answer to why a 7 year old owned a CSI t-shirt!

Beauty!

I think we have our answer to why a 7 year old owned a CSI t-shirt!

Egads duckie. The implications....

Especially if Kyron was given that shirt to wear... (picked out by his stepmother) <--ETA that

I think I need a coffee break. ACK!

I agree with Greenpalm and others - the child probably went to the CSI exhibit at OMSI or got a child-oriented CSI science kit, hence, the t-shirt. And also, we have a tv at our house, but don't actually watch TV. We watch DVDs, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Right. The CSI exhibit was at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry last summer. I took my kids (though it was kind of gory and I has some hesitation about taking my son who is 2 years older than Kyron). There were plenty of young kids there and they sold souvenirs like that in the museum store. When I saw it on him, I assumed this is where the shirt came from.

When I first saw it and believed Kyron was lost in the woods, I didn't think much of it. Now, though, I think it's more suspicious. If he waits for a parent to get him up, I would bet a parent picks his outfits for him too.

So far, I have felt pretty adamant that it was an unfortunate/ironic coincidence that he wore that shirt the day he went missing. I really felt as though he wore it because it was sciency and he had his science fair.

But in light of the news today about TH hiring a hit man, well, I fear she may have encouraged him to wear it as a taunt. That TH wanted him to wear it as some kind of sick joke.

I think TH is far more twisted than I originally thought.

I think he wore it because of the science fair, and it was an ugly twist of fate that he had it on the day he went missing.

If she planned this, she planned it meticulously, she planned it perfectionistically, she planned every detail, right down to the shirt. IMO

How will we ever know IF she planned this or if this was a crime of passion?

Oh dear. Yet another fence to be built and sat upon.

I have watched crime shows for many years. My children grew up with me watching crime shows. I have all kinds of true crime books in my house. I am interested in the mystery of figuring out cases and studying people and trying to understand why they do what they do. I have read the boards that discuss crimes. I have always been on the side of the good guys. I have never committed a crime to hurt anyone else and neither has any of my children or grandchildren who have known of my interest. I don't think just because someone watches CSI or buys a CSI shirt, it makes them any more inclined to harm someone. I am completely puzzled as to some aspects of this case, but don't think that has anything to do with it.

Hello All,

Thanks for weighing in on this subject. The idea of the CSI exhibit makes sense, i.e. it makes sense that the children (older/younger brother) may have had a CSI shirt due to that exhibit.

I think he wore it because of the science fair, and it was an ugly twist of fate that he had it on the day he went missing.

Considering the "exhibit" explanation and the science fair, Bern, you sure could be correct. Down the road (should SM ever be arrested for Kyron's disappearance and go to trial), I wonder if we will hear about this shirt.

With what we have read recently, I have to wonder if SM might have had CSI and "how to accomplish" certain things and not be caught "on the brain." I wonder when she developed her CSI interest. I wonder if the FBI profiler factored the CSI (in SM's FB, favorite program) and Kyron's t-shirt into anything. I wonder if they asked the parents "who picked Kyron's clothes in the morning?" and "How did he get that CSI shirt?"

Many of we WSrs watch CSI, but I think it is for a far different reason than, perhaps, SM watched it. I don't question why WSrs watch it...I don't know why SM did.

In this "twist of fate" (reminds me of the song Bob Dylan wrote and Joan Baez sang), wouldn't it be interesting to someday figure out that SM inadvertently led investigators to the perp with a subconscious CSI breadcrumb?

If she planned this, she planned it meticulously, she planned it perfectionistically, she planned every detail, right down to the shirt. IMO

How will we ever know IF she planned this or if this was a crime of passion?

Oh dear. Yet another fence to be built and sat upon.

Hey there dear Emma,

You gave me a good laugh yesterday (due to your sense of humor) -- and food for discussion with the family out on the patio at happy hour. In my chatting with the family, I could hardly spit out the "murders and mulchers" you had written without gulping for air in the midst of my laughter. In fact, the "mulchers" set off the adults having to explain "mulching" to my 10 year old grandson. Since my daughter recently spent a full month planning, creating and baking a wedding cake for her brother, I loved your cake analogy -- cake is baked, why wait for the frosting, where's the fork! At anyrate, I have enjoyed reading you -- love my WS buddies, they have such bright thinking.

As per the meticulous and perfectionist planning, the down to the detail... Well we certainly know someone planned this...this was NOT a spur of the minute thing for whoever did it -- not in my mind at least. The t-shirt might not have been planned, but maybe it just "seemed to fit" as a final little "oomph" (granting SM is the perp, and granting she was the one to pick how Kyron was dressed from day to day).

I am the meticulous, perfectionist, down to the detail type...(not that I like being this way, it is genetic I think :) Often when planning, I see a final "aha! this will be a nice final touch" (serving a special dinner, decorating a room, sending a message within a design), BUT is this woman a meticulous perfectionist type? Maybe with her own physique, but ?? Do we have indications she was this?

At the end of the day, whether she is or is not this type of person -- she is who she is and may have inadvertently left breadcrumbs leading to herself as perp, if she was the perp (see my last post in this thread, FB fave program CSI, Kyron's t-shirt).

Planned or crime of passion? Interesting thought...how about both? Kinda like "having your cake and eating it too."

Hello Annie,

Nice to meet you... You wrote:
>>I don't think just because someone watches CSI or buys a CSI shirt, it makes them any more inclined to harm someone. I am completely puzzled as to some aspects of this case, but don't think that has anything to do with it.<<

I don't think the "CSI" stuff has anything to do with it in the case of a "healthy" human. I think it could have a lot to do with it in the case of a human who is not so healthy.

What we know is that someone "disappeared" a child. We don't have a suspect (POI), we do have fingers pointing a certain way (right or wrong.) Whoever this person is, they were not, are not healthy... They may or may not have the same "interests" as healthy people, but maybe for not so healthy reasons (and that is an understatement.)

Kyron's exhibit was great work, I would think he would of chose a tree frog shirt over a CSI one.
Or 1 of a nature theme.
I'm sure someone owned one for him to wear.
The CSI was odd to me.
BTW "I Love CSI", but think of age appropriate..........not for grade school children.
JMOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back