CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 BODY FOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think its him either. At least I am ot expecting it to be. Of course he could be an old flame and this turn out to be a passion crime.

That was my first thought too. Maybe an ex-boyfriend that couldn't stand to see her get married.

Oh.... maybe you had these young men in mind? :wink:

adxGetMedia.aspx

No worries....

:blowkiss:

Guilty, that s what I was thinking, too.:rolleyes:

Oh.... maybe you had these young men in mind? :wink:

(snipped for space)

No worries....

:blowkiss:
Something like that!! It's late so I'm saying good night :seeya:

:rose: RIP Annie :rose:

Did anyone ever think that the fire alarm (steam alarm) could have hastened the disposal of the body into the wall (and bloody clothes into the ceiling)? That it could have been an interruption that caused a hasty disposal into the building itself vs trying to formulate a plan to get all evidence of the crime out of the building? The perp of this crime strikes me as someone very intelligent and not someone who would leave their markings at the scene of the crime.

snipped

I am very afraid to ask but I will anyway..What would the body look like?

Now I'm thinking it was in a red bag. At first I thought it would look like a body that was mainly skelatonized, like you see from Africa that have been shrunk.

I just learned allot from Silk. xox

I think it would make it far worse. I typed out a long explanation before but it was so sickening I deleted it before posting. There would be no advantage in doing this if you were going to hide the body in a wall. You would make concealing the body far more difficult for yourself.

and with steam is heat and like taking meat out of a pan.......harder to handle, have to do a cool down....to much time.

I know nothing of this devise, just thinking she was hidden there.
Maybe during the hiding process he made the autoclave work on full power to steam, get alarm set off, people out of there to hide her in the wall.n

I suspect this is extra-true in the sciences (fashion-wise, I mean), where people can skip from BA to PhD in many fields; some first year PhDs could be something like 20 or 21!

(I'm in an old folks field, thank heavens - no young fellers at my heels.)

Hi there WhyaDuck! Thanks for the BD wish - I appreciate it. Certainly not the news I wanted to hear on my birthday... or ever.

Many Ph.D. programs are designed to bypass the masters...many young Doctoral Candidates nowadays. hang in there - it's the greatest thing you can do for yourself. I guess today isn't the day to mention that..huh?

Did anyone ever think that the fire alarm (steam alarm) could have hastened the disposal of the body into the wall (and bloody clothes into the ceiling)? That it could have been an interruption that caused a hasty disposal into the building itself vs trying to formulate a plan to get all evidence of the crime out of the building? The perp of this crime strikes me as someone very intelligent and not someone who would leave their markings at the scene of the crime.

If the body was put into the ceiling and shoved over a wall into the space behind it - and the bloody clothes were found in the ceiling -- perhaps the perp had intended to push the clothing into the same void, but was interupted (either by the alarm or by someone approaching) and the clothes never made it all the way into the void, remaining where they were more easily found.

Vietnamese are really cool, tolerant people when it comes to interracial relationships, for the most part. But when I lived in South Korea, Korean men would get irate and call my girlfriends "*advertiser censored*" and even rant and rage at female co-workers who would be walking down the sidewalk and talking with me. I even got assaulted once and given aggressive looks too many times to count. And this was in the cosmopolitan metropolis of Seoul, not some backwards, rural town. Of course, Le isn't Korean and doesn't even look Korean, but I wonder how Korean men feel about southeast Asian women marrying a white man. Could there be a racial component in the crime, heading off the interracial marriage?

I am thinking about the guy who worked in the lab next to her lab that made the statement about the "incident" where she got into her car etc.

For starters...she didn't have a car according to this investigation. Could he have been trying to send the investigation off into another direction with his statements to the press?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdESysgf7S4"]YouTube - Body found at Yale[/ame]

Body in Yale lab wall is Annie Le: reports
September 14, 2009 12:55pm
<snipped>
THE search for a missing student that has gripped Americans for six days has ended with the discovery of a body in a university laboratory wall.

Annie Le, 24, was last seen outside a lab at Yale University on Tuesday and while some 75 security cameras captured her entering the building, none showed her coming back out.

Le was going to married on Long Island yesterday.

Overnight, New Haven police issued a statement claiming they had found a body in a basement at the university, in an area that housed utility cables running between floors.

They would not confirm the body was Le, but the Associated Press reports they have contacted Le&#8217;s family and were now treating the case as a homicide.

As late as yesterday, investigators had expanded their search 40 minutes up the highway from New Haven and were sifting through trash that originated at the Yale laboratory.

Ashes from an incinerator were also examined.

On Saturday, bloodied clothes were found on the roof of the laboratory building, but they didn&#8217;t match those Le was wearing when she entered.

Our hearts go out to Annie Le&#8217;s family, fiancé and friends, who must suffer the additional ordeal of waiting for the body to be identified," Yale president Richard C. Levin wrote in email message to students which was reprinted in the New York Times.

Article:
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26070123-5003402,00.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Police Seeking Missing Yale Student Find Body
Published: September 13, 2009
<snipped>
The six-day search for a missing Yale graduate student ended on Sunday with the discovery of a body in a basement wall of a university laboratory building where she had last been seen, authorities in New Haven said.

While the remains have not been officially identified, Peter Reichard, New Haven assistant police chief, said at a 9 p.m. press briefing that the authorities presume they have found Annie Le, 24, a graduate student who was last seen on Tuesday, five days before her wedding.

In an e-mail message sent to students Sunday night, the president of Yale announced that a body had been found in the basement of the university laboratory.

&#8220;Our hearts go out to Annie Le&#8217;s family, fiancé and friends, who must suffer the additional ordeal of waiting for the body to be identified,&#8221; wrote Richard C. Levin, the Yale president. He added, &#8220;Law enforcement officials remain on the scene; this is an active investigation, and we hope it is resolved quickly.&#8221;

No suspect has been identified.

In a thousand places, people&#8217;s thoughts turned to what should have been on Sunday, when Ms. Le, a third-year student in pharmacology from Placerville, Calif., was scheduled to be married. The ceremony would have taken place on what turned out to be a brilliant late-summer morning. Ms. Le was to have married Jonathan Widawsky, a graduate student at Columbia, at the North Ritz Club in Syosset on Long Island, near the groom&#8217;s family&#8217;s home.

&#8220;This is Annie&#8217;s bouquet,&#8221; a woman said to a television reporter earlier, proffering a sad-looking array of roses. &#8220;It&#8217;s wilting.&#8221;

Deborah Kiley of Deborah&#8217;s Hair Loft in Huntington, N.Y., who was to have styled the hair of Ms. Le, her mother, Mr. Widawsky&#8217;s mother and five attendants on Sunday morning, said she was praying for Ms. Le and her family.

&#8220;I can&#8217;t even accept it right now,&#8221; Ms. Kiley said. &#8220;I never forget a soul I meet. I was going to be part of a beautiful day, which is the most important day of a girl&#8217;s life other than the day she gives birth.&#8221;

On Bittersweet Place in Huntington, the Widawsky family remained in seclusion. The Le family, which had traveled to New Haven, was not heard from either.

At the North Ritz Club, a woman on the phone who gave her name only as Mary Ellen parried a call. &#8220;We&#8217;re not giving any comment,&#8221; she said. &#8220;What comment is there to say?&#8221;

Article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/14/nyregion/14yale.html?_r=1&hp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Police: Body found could be missing Yale student
updated 59 minutes ago
<snipped>
The remains were found inside a wall at 10 Amistad Street, said Peter Reichard, New Haven, Connecticut, assistant police chief.

"She hasn't been positively identified, however, we are assuming that it is her at this time so we are treating it as a homicide investigation," Reichard said.

Police discovered the body in the basement Sunday afternoon, said Yale University President Richard Levin in a statement to the campus community.

Police plan to work through the night to remove the unidentified body, which is still in the wall, police spokesman Joe Avery told CNN.

Article:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/13/missing.yale.student/index.html

:angel:

A gentle thanks to all the lab folks who thought & shared about the autoclave theories. I'm sure it's not easy to do or to type.

- emma

If the body was put into the ceiling and shoved over a wall into the space behind it - and the bloody clothes were found in the ceiling -- perhaps the perp had intended to push the clothing into the same void, but was interupted (either by the alarm or by someone approaching) and the clothes never made it all the way into the void, remaining where they were more easily found.
A chase has an opening in the room normally. There would be no need to haul her up into the ceiling area and toss her down the inside of the wall, imo.

Abstract
A utility distribution apparatus comprises an inner wall removably mounted on an outer wall within a building structure. The inner and outer walls create a chase for air flow. A floor surface forms a generally closed corner with the outer wall. The inner wall is spaced apart from, and above the floor. One or more horizontally oriented utility conduits are supported from the floor surface or the outer wall and are positioned below the chase. A utility cover is fixed to the inner wall and extends to the floor surface for hiding the utility conduits. A lower and an upper apertures in the outer wall are positioned for receiving and expelling an air flow through the chase.

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6754997.html

As a current PhD student, I don't know why he doesn't look like someone in a grad program. All sorts of fashions, etc, are to be found in any grad program nowadays. Likely even at Yale. ;)

Yes:) Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member