CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #5 FOUND DECEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
ack, is the presser for three or noon EST? I have to run out to get stuff for a middle eastern potluck ( I don't know why they picked that! I'm going to go buy hummus and pita chips LOL)...

Dare I run now and miss it? TIA.

ETA: I'm in a new time zone and still whacked out by it.

I figured it out. That was a great job of sleuthing whether you are right or wrong.

Thanks! I've always wanted to be a detective - ever since the day my apartment was broken into while I was at work and EVERYTHING was gone (and I had a lot of stuff). The police couldn't find fingerprints and gave up on the case. The people in the apartment below me came up the previous week and asked to borrow an egg - and all I had were Eggland's Best eggs (the ones with the "EB" logo on the egg). After about a week of trying to figure out who could have broken in and taken all my stuff without someone seeing this during broad daylight (neighbors in other multifamily houses said they saw nothing unusual)....I realized it was probably someone who lived in one of the 5 apartments in the house. I asked the landlord to check the fridge of the people who came to borrow the egg - and sure enough it was in their fridge - never used. Among the stuff taken were some rare CD's - so I started calling used CD stores to see if anyone brought them in for cash. A CD store called me back to tell me that a couple in a black caddy were just there trying to sell them (and the tennants in the apartment below had a black caddy) So I gave all this info to the police on a silver platter (along with a ton of other stuff I pieced together) and pretty much solved the case for them. By that time the stuff was all sold off and couldn't be retrieved - but fortunately I had insurance so it worked out OK in the end.

That being said - I'm still not sure I'm on the right track this time - but it's all I could come up with so far based on the tiny bits of info out there.

Google Arnsten Lab- look at group pic.

No one else from the Anrsten lab is listed the dark blue directory. I am doubting if it is the same guy. There might be two guys with the same name. One an animal tech and the other who works for Ansten. It is a very common name, there is even a US congressman with the same name.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4156711&postcount=636"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 BODY FOUND[/ame]

I posted that theory yesterday and I still believe that whatever Annie was carrying into the building was used as a ruse to get her to Amistad.

No one else from the Anrsten lab is listed the dark blue directory. I am doubting if it is the same guy. There might be two guys with the same name. One an animal tech and the other who works for Ansten. It is a very common name, there is even a US congressman with the same name.

Thank you, Gene.

That directory is for one department and I have not been able to find any reference that they are in the Armitage building.

Yale would have far more than 11 animal techs total, unless they are superhuman.

Both of those names are very, very common.

Exactly, it would be very important to find out for sure that the Arnsten Lab people work at the Amistad building.

By the way, are we sure that the guy in the arnstein lab is the same one who is an animal tech? As we have discussed an animal tech would probably not be affilated with a research lab. They would probably be full time animal techs...and the name is a very common name...

Thanks scubagirl! I googled that name with "yale" and "animal" and got several research papers thanking him (and other techs) for their invaluable assistance.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but Yale has several categories of technicians. Here's the job description for "Animal Technician V"

http://www.yale.edu/hronline/compclas/posn/job_template.html

OMG - you all have all seen this directory, remember?

http://info.med.yale.edu/yarc/keyservices.htm

Look at the Amistad's supervisor's telephone number. Recognize it when compared to the dark blue one?

Therefore, this part is for sure. That particular one works at Amistad.

i called it someone answered

I thought we'd been warned not to insinuate ourselves into cases by making uninvited contact with the people involved? Did I mis-understand? Maybe I'm thinking of another forum.

I thought we'd been warned not to insinuate ourselves into cases by making uninvited contact with the people involved? Did I mis-understand? Maybe I'm thinking of another forum.

Im new, can you not be nice and explain the rules to a new person, or does everybody here have to be nasty to someone that made a mistake?

I did not expect the call to go through anyway since the news said it was disconnected. JESUS

ok, lol... I am so lost and have been tending to my fiance who is going through chemo and am way behind....

I can't put all of your clues together to figure out who this person/suspect is, their name, facebook, anything. For us not-so-smart sleuthers (ahem ...me!), can someone
PM me a link or something! I'd like to be up to speed with ya'all fine sleuthers, I just can't keep up. Please? Thanks in advance. This case has been bothering me and I can't get Annie's sweet smile out of my head. She looks a lot like someone I know and it's just breaking my heart that she was taken from this world.

Im new, can you not be nice and explain the rules to a new person, or does everybody here have to be nasty to someone that made a mistake?

I did not expect the call to go through anyway since the news said it was disconnected. JESUS

please don't let it get to you. You meant no harm. :blowkiss:

not always.

I have answered this earlier.

A lab tech is almost NEVER a student. Certainly never a grad student. I knew alot of lab techs and none that I knew were students.

I am not a moderator, but I would have to agree that we should not be contacting anyone involved in this. This is not a game of Clue, it is very serious business. Put yourselves in the position of her acquaintances. They do not need to be held up to public scrutiny based on a chance remark by a news person. It does not break this case just if we seem to think we have a suspect before LE is ready to release the name. They probably have their reasons.
Sorry to spout off, but I am just feeling that some think this is like a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74