CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the defendant's hand wipe on a dirty city street had anything to do with gum

BUT

If gum was I involved, it's only because she saw somebody else's already been chewed gum on the sidewalk and decided she wanted it.

More likely it was deliberate deflection. Blocking FD, creating a diversion that might stand out, eclipsing FD's actions.

I can't for the life of me figure out why he picked a drain anyway. Why didn't he chuck them into the trash with everything else?

It was a stupid plan, executed stupidly.

JMO

Last edited:
Try looking at it in terms of the dynamic between a malignant narcissist and a covert narcissist. They go hand-in-hand like two peas in a pod.
This is interesting comment as I wondered initially if they both just might be malignant narcissists but your point on covert is well taken and I absolutely see it.

What I do think FD and MT share in common is absence of empathy as I think in all the interviews of FD (posted again last week) and MT in the LE interviews shown at trial was either a hollow form of performative empathy or absence of empathy for JF or the Dulos children. I do think alot about why MT's parents sent her away as a teenager for therapy and it leads me to think that they possibly knew about MT possible issues whatever they might from a young age. I just keep thinking about the MT LE Interviews and how there was almost always a deflection and more random babble every time LE circled the conversation away from the non-alibi scripts and JF or any of the children (including MTs own daughter) which I thought was possibly telling and certainly stunning to watch. It was painful to watch most of the LE Interviews again but it helped to get over the poor audio quality and MTs changing diction and even accent which I also found fascinating to see. I wonder if MT stress level simply ebbed and flowed over the course of the interviews and this impacted her speech? IDK but imo it definitely changed over the course of the interviews.

I do think FD made an effort in his interviews (NBC one in particular imo) to 'appear' to be concerned and empathetic about his children but to me it rang false as there was an absence of emotion in his face. MT I believe never even bothered to try to demonstrate any empathy and in fact seemed more visually bothered about LE questioning about JF and the Dulos children or even her daughter and I still keep thinking about this issue as I cannot imagine doing what they did and then shortly thereafter ready to put it in the rear view mirror and move on. But, I do think in the Starbucks video we saw MT leg shaking a bit but IDK if this was simply adrenaline overload, substance withdrawal or nervous exhaustion.

In my reading on narcissism recently I've seen various research stats to say that as much as 5% (article below from Psychology Today quotes 1% so I guess there isn't a consensus amongst researchers on the topic) of the population could have Narcissistic Personality Disorder but a larger percentage could possess strong narcissistic tendencies and the entire issue seems to exist along a continuum too. I haven't seen any stats on percentage estimates of Narcs committing serious crimes such as murder but I keep looking to see if there is research on that topic too.

MOO

Last edited:
This is interesting comment as I wondered initially if they both just be malignant narcissists but your point on covert is well taken and I absolutely see it.

What I do think FD and MT share in common is absence of empathy as I think in all the interviews of FD (posted again last week) and MT in the LE interviews shown at trial was either a hollow form of performative empathy or absence of empathy for JF or the Dulos children. I do think alot about why MT's parents sent her away as a teenager for therapy and it leads me to think that they possibly knew about MT possible issues whatever they might from a young age.

I do think FD made an effort in his interviews (NBC one in particular imo) to 'appear' to be concerned and empathetic about his children but to me it rang false as there was an absence of emotion in his face. MT I believe never even bothered to try to demonstrate any empathy and in fact seemed more visually bothered about LE questioning about JF and the Dulos children or even her daughter and I still keep thinking about this issue as I cannot imagine doing what they did and then shortly thereafter ready to put it in the rear view mirror and move on. But, I do think in the Starbucks video we saw MT leg shaking a bit but IDK if this was simply adrenaline overload, substance withdrawal or nervous exhaustion.

In my reading on narcissism recently I've seen various research stats to say that as much as 5% (article below from Psychology Today quotes 1% so I guess there isn't a consensus amongst researchers on the topic) of the population could have Narcissistic Personality Disorder but a larger percentage could possess strong narcissistic tendencies and the entire issue seems to exist along a continuum too. I haven't seen any stats on percentage estimates of Narcs committing serious crimes such as murder but I keep looking to see if there is research on that topic too.

MOO
Yes! The coverts are the introverted and vulnerable narcissists. They experience a lot of social anxiety and low self esteem and can easily latch onto someone who validates their empty existence.

Please continue the discussion on Thread #63.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500