CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a tough cookie. A survivor. She hitched her wagon to his star because she thought he had money, as did her Mama. Nor did she ever fear JF. All that about being afraid to be in her house was complete BS, IMO. Looking back, JF should have feared her. It's slowly being revealed in the courtroom. Is her family finally getting the picture? It's been several days since their pressers on the courthouse steps. Had the defendant been completely honest with them? Or are they hearing the latest for the first time?
AFAIK, the defendant has never claimed to be afraid of Fotis.

That does not mean it was not an abusive and dangerous relationship.

She would be a murderer (IMO) whether she was afraid of Fotis and admitted it to herself and others or not.

MOO

I have no idea why MT hated JFD other than she was jealous and wanted her lifestyle. She MT is the other woman and she should look in the mirror of who should be hated.
What kind of parties did FD and MT throw? Im almost afraid to ask, because everything about MT disgusts me.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
Without reading the actual court docs, it sounds like from this article that they were able to gain AT&T information from her account. The prior ruling was about the search and seizure of her actual phone and the date of the warrant.

Hopefully this will be allowed in…although sounds like we may not hear tomorrow if the snow expectation is as great as they are anticipating.

This hearing is going to be quite interesting. Hope its streamed. Oddly enough I think there will be lots of moaning and complaining by "Esteemed Defence Counsel" along with alot of 'thrusting' by "Esteem Defence Counsel" at Judge R too. What a scene to behold! I do wonder also though whether any Judge R ruling could be appealed by the parties and could this hold up trial? Above my pay grade but I think we saw similar issue on Gag Order appeal by PAttis going to CT Supreme Court iirc and how this process held up things. IDK how an appeal (or even if an appeal is allowed) would work though in a 'live' trial? Interesting procedural question for any atty's that could chime in and explain what we might see play out.

Wonder if this second (or was it third - it was hard to keep track of all the SWs for electronic items imo) SW for the MT cell and records was the decision of Atty Manning in one of her 'panther like' moves that I now have great admiration for as Defence Counsel never seems to see her ready to 'pounce' and then she pounces and quickly eats his dinner before he even knows what is going on! Its magic in action always! Its like watching Road Runner and Wiley Coyote and Wiley Coyote is falling through a hole as Road Runner dashes away safe and sound as always!

Hope the State prevails in this argument because its a curious one and perhaps its questioning what exactly Judge R was ruling on in the last order on this topic. Seems like Judge R was ruling on the SW issue and lack of exigent circumstances as being the reason for cell phone records of MT being kicked but did this ruling leave open the possibility for the State to do what it did (rather than appeal) and simply issue a new SW? This is kinda above my pay grade but its certainly an interesting move by the State.

I admit to wanting to see the State prevail as the idea of seeing the entire MT timeline filled in by cell phone pings to show precisely where she was is simply something that I think would paint the perfect story for the jury to put a bow on this case!

Curious who argues this motion for the State. Seems like a Atty Manning 'Panther like' move to me but we shall see!

Does anyone have the full copy of the motion rather than the Press interpretation?

MOO

Last edited:
This hearing is going to be quite interesting. Hope its streamed. Oddly enough I think there will be lots of moaning and complaining by "Esteemed Defence Counsel" along with alot of 'thrusting' at Judge R too. What a scene to behold!

Wonder if this second (or was it third - it was hard to keep track of all the SWs for electronic items imo) SW for the MT cell and records was the decision of Atty Manning in one of her 'panther like' moves that I now have great admiration for as Defence Counsel never seems to see her ready to 'pounce' and then she pounces and quickly eats his dinner before he even knows what is going on! Its magic in action always! Its like watching Road Runner and Wiley Coyote and Wiley Coyote is falling through a hole as Road Runner dashes away safe and sound as always!

Hope the State prevails in this argument because its a curious one and perhaps is questioning what exactly Judge R was ruling on in the last order on this topic. Seems like Judge R was ruling on the SW issue and lack of exigent circumstances for cell phone records of MT being kicked but did this ruling leave open the possibility for the State to do what it did (rather than appeal) and simply issue a new SW? This is kinda above my pay grade but its certainly an interesting move by the State.

I admit to wanting to see the State prevail as the idea of seeing the entire MT timeline filled in by cell phone pings to show precisely where she was is simply something that I think would paint the perfect story for the jury to put a bow on this case!

Curious who argues this motion for the State. Seems like a Atty Manning 'Panther like' move to me but we shall see!

Does anyone have the full copy of the motion rather than the Press interpretation?

MOO

Who knows how to make a meme, because there is a perfect moment in the first season of The Righteous Gemstones when the character Gideon says, "I hate it when he air-effs," using the f word.

Seriously, agreed. This should be an interesting hearing. Here's hoping for good hearing weather.

edited to add: that the State want this badly enough to go through this makes the information more intriguing.

MOO

Who knows how to make a meme, because there is a perfect moment in the first season of The Righteous Gemstones when the character Gideon says, "I hate it when he air-effs," using the f word.

Seriously, agreed. This should be an interesting hearing. Here's hoping good hearing weather.

MOO
Thanks for the Gideon image and tears coming down the face giggle...won't forget it anytime soon as I still can't get back the hours I spent listening to "Esteemed Defence Counsel" talking about technology that he didn't seem to understand with reports he couldn't find or be bothered to print out for his Defence Exhibits as perhaps the data reports were too long or the box containing the rest of the report got lost in his closet in Hartford along with never ending body gyrations. It was all simply too much and hard seltzer absolutely failed to take the edge off the hours and hours of the "Testimony Cross" followed by terrified looks of witness who desperately try and remember if there was possibly a question being asked of them after listening to mind numbing 10 min of "Testimony Cross" blather....Simply too much...

But it would make a hilarious meme. Love a good meme. Don't think MT is a current fan of memes as the meme shown in report was a total doozie (who will ever forget I CHOOSE B!) and could very well have sunk her battleship. It would be a GREAT Meme to show MT SHOUTING, "I CHOOSE B" as it now appears that the State will show just that in weeks to come.

Can memes be considered defamatory or slanderous? Asking for a friend.....

But, as with most things it was all an act as "Esteemed Defence Counsel" dropped the breadcrumb that the connected "iPhone" had I think what he described as being a 'large number of calls' prior to 2018 (last prior call to the one found on the iPhone so he must have looked through the 1000+ page report or some of it at least). Whose cell phone could the iPhone possibly be?

MOO

Last edited:
The various weather models still aren't in agreement about the storm it seems, so honestly who knows what will happen but many towns and businesses have announced closures already.

She's a tough cookie. A survivor. She hitched her wagon to his star because she thought he had money, as did her Mama. Nor did she ever fear JF. All that about being afraid to be in her house was complete BS, IMO. Looking back, JF should have feared her. It's slowly being revealed in the courtroom. Is her family finally getting the picture? It's been several days since their pressers on the courthouse steps. Had the defendant been completely honest with them? Or are they hearing the latest for the first time?
Agreed. If she truly feared for her life then she, along with her daughter, wouldn’t have been living in JFD’s house in the first place.

I think MT and FD were well matched. I don’t think he had to control her much because they both shared the same objectives and interests. JMO

The various weather models still aren't in agreement about the storm it seems, so honestly who knows what will happen but many towns and businesses have announced closures already.

Isn't there a phone number jurors can call to see if court is cancelled for tomorrow? At the same time, perhaps they can notify the court if they don't think they can make it due to adverse weather conditions? The court, nor any of us, would wish to endanger the lives of anyone if the roads were expected to be an unsafe issue.

Perhaps, if need be, state or affected gov't offices may announce closures soon, we'll know more. I reside in the South where we close schools if one tiny snowflake is in the forecast. Our hardware stores don't sell snow shovels and S states don't own a fleet of snowplows.

I think you are very entitled to your opinion. From my experience, I interpret her behavior as vulnerable to abuse and I can't think of one anecdote where she challenged Fotis. And I see Fotis' behavior as very deeply controlling, down to spending his time enforcing bogus non-compete contracts and scaring Pawel into thinking he would loose his Green card and his ability to work in Connecticut....I can't recall Fotis in a relationship that was not intensively controlling aside from, sickly enough, Mawhinney. Even in his very favorable 48 hours interview, he was staring at the interviewer like he'd pounce on her if she made one wrong move.

Yet, while I am convinced of this, I don't mind one bit that you are not.

The thing that does get on my nerves iswhen people think victim=innocent. It doesn't at all. And at this point in the game, even though Michelle Troconis might be able at last to admit to herself and the world that she was afraid of Fotis, she now can only lose by doing so. It would only have the downside of being an admission at this point, without any redemptive upsides. The "bigger fish" inJennifers murder took himself outof the game. She has nothing to offer. She had many, many opportunities to crack this case early for the State, and possibly appear at least partially sympathetic to the public, especially if she accepted some punishment for her actions or inactions, and showed remorse. But she did not do this.

People have choices. Even people in corrosive-control relationships. She made hers, and too-bad, so-sad, hope-you-are-convicted to her.

But I think she was in a dangerous relationship, and that happens to a lot of people. Most of them are not murderers.

MOO
Yes, I don't mind that we disagree either, that's what this is for. I just can't see MT as a victim in any way, the only victim here is JfD, her children, her family. MT just to me doesn't seem like even a non-innocent victim - she seems like someone who wanted JdF gone as much as FD did. She wanted got destroy her, to bury her, to erase her, and step into her home and her shoes and her money. It's not quite a foil a deux but almost, and I am not sure if this murder would have happened if not for the active planning and fantasizing and coordination provided by "we had sexy time in the shower" MT. MOO.

I just signed in to let you all know the weather has changed. I live in NH and am expecting the same storm coming in from Ny to Maine. We are now only expected to get 1-3 inches. Stamford is similar with 2-4 inches. I’m hopeful court will be in session.

I think you are very entitled to your opinion. From my experience, I interpret her behavior as vulnerable to abuse and I can't think of one anecdote where she challenged Fotis. And I see Fotis' behavior as very deeply controlling, down to spending his time enforcing bogus non-compete contracts and scaring Pawel into thinking he would loose his Green card and his ability to work in Connecticut....I can't recall Fotis in a relationship that was not intensively controlling aside from, sickly enough, Mawhinney. Even in his very favorable 48 hours interview, he was staring at the interviewer like he'd pounce on her if she made one wrong move.

The thing that does get on my nerves iswhen people think victim=innocent. It doesn't at all. And at this point in the game, even though Michelle Troconis might be able at last to admit to herself and the world that she was afraid of Fotis, she now can only lose by doing so. It would only have the downside of being an admission at this point, without any redemptive upsides. The "bigger fish" inJennifers murder took himself outof the game. She has nothing to offer. She had many, many opportunities to crack this case early for the State, and possibly appear at least partially sympathetic to the public, especially if she accepted some punishment for her actions or inactions, and showed remorse. But she did not do this.

People have choices. Even people in corrosive-control relationships. She made hers, and too-bad, so-sad, hope-you-are-convicted to her.

But I think she was in a dangerous relationship, and that happens to a lot of people. Most of them are not murderers.

MOO
I respectfully disagree. MOO.

Yeah. I was discussing this with DH, and his 20/20 hindsight was she should have hired a guard who posed as a cook for the family.

It so terrible.

MOO
Sorry, who is “DH”? I never hears this before and it just breaks my heart. This is the case that introduced me to WS and it just breaks my heart!

All state courts and administrative offices will be closed on Feb. 13. All cases that were scheduled for Feb. 13 will be rescheduled (including those that would have been conducted remotely) except for TRO's and Civil Protection Orders that will be heard on the next business day.

This hearing is going to be quite interesting. Hope its streamed. Oddly enough I think there will be lots of moaning and complaining by "Esteemed Defence Counsel" along with alot of 'thrusting' by "Esteem Defence Counsel" at Judge R too. What a scene to behold! I do wonder also though whether any Judge R ruling could be appealed by the parties and could this hold up trial? Above my pay grade but I think we saw similar issue on Gag Order appeal by PAttis going to CT Supreme Court iirc and how this process held up things. IDK how an appeal (or even if an appeal is allowed) would work though in a 'live' trial? Interesting procedural question for any atty's that could chime in and explain what we might see play out.

Hope the State prevails in this argument because its a curious one and perhaps its questioning what exactly Judge R was ruling on in the last order on this topic. Seems like Judge R was ruling on the SW issue and lack of exigent circumstances as being the reason for cell phone records of MT being kicked but did this ruling leave open the possibility for the State to do what it did (rather than appeal) and simply issue a new SW? This is kinda above my pay grade but its certainly an interesting move by the State.

MOO
Boy, if I were innocent, I'd allow my phone, my handbag contents, my shoe prints etc...in full display and up for analysis.

MOO
FD clearly demonstrated that he was a dangerous person, particularly in his prior relationships as we have seen.

But idk if he was dangerous to MT prior to the murder of JF? Could MT have been different and FD treated MT differently than JF and his first wife? Idk if FD would have hurt MT as he initially needed her for his revenge plan against JF. But, would he have hurt her after he didn’t need her any longer for his plans? Or would he have simply discarded her as we saw him do when he moved on to Anna Curry who had the money he needed? Idk, just seemed like FD was something of an opportunistic predator in his relationships and so perhaps the only thing he wanted from MT was to hurt JF? Idk.

What always fascinated me about the insanity and complete self absorption of FD was that he seemed to blame JF for her lack of attention to him (I mean who can forget his quote to the Greek publication where he claimed that they hadn’t had a ‘relationship’ or something along those lines for 6 years) during the period that she had 5 children that he didn’t seem to talk too much about in that article to possibly understand why the relationship dynamic possibly changed during that period. FD seemed to take zero responsibility for the relationship and so seemed to blame JF for everything and then gas lit her in a major way too. He seemed to be quite angry and vengeful that JF wasn’t as attentive or available to him once the house was filled with young children that took up most of her time but he also seemed to willingly spend all the Farber money like the well would never run dry! He seemed to resent anything JF did for herself and particularly seemed mocking of her writing. JF didn’t share his love waterskiing, horror movies and most likely travel was challenging when all the children were small but I’m not sure what the couple ever had in common. Idk, but they just seemed like chalk and cheese with little in common.

I do also wonder about the FD childhood as it seems like he didn’t really understand what having 5 children involves and then you throw in two sets of twins too. He seemed like an only child (think his sister was a good deal older than he was iirc) with no concept of what raising children involves. I continue to scratch my head at FD traveling around the world to pursue waterskiing while JF was home minding the home front. Iirc JF couldn’t even speak with her mother in law who lived nearby unless she spoke Greek and I’ve never read anywhere that JF spoke any Greek! It’s a bit mind boggling as it wasn’t as if FD were a professional athlete and water skiing was his profession. Nope, it was an expensive hobby by all accounts. But my guess is that JF enjoyed the silence when FD wasn’t home.

Or, would FD have dumped MT after the couple got away with the murder of the century (assuming this happened of course!) as FD moved on to younger and greener $$$ pastures?

I have long suspected that MT meant nothing to FD other than possibly sex and a side kick who shared his interests as her primary purpose was simply as a tool to torment JF. MT lacked any of the attributes of other prior relationships as she seemed crass and crude and didn’t offer anything financially to the relationship. Idk, MT just doesn’t seem like FD MO on the relationship ladder of life! But she played a role that to FD was important for a period of time and I just wonder what that might have been? Perhaps it was as simple as she gave him the undivided attention JF would not or could not? Maybe, IDK.

But playing out your thought, I do wonder if had FD and MT gotten away with the murder would FD have dumped MT or continued on as is until he found a bigger fish or would he have married her and they spent xx number of years watching each other and waiting for one or both to cheat? Or some version of any of these ideas?

Relationships amongst co conspirators are important and there was something that kept FD and MT together and plotting with KM. I’m not sure we understand it all enough to figure out what the FD and MT dynamic was. Sometimes I wonder if it was dominant and submissive but other times listening to MT in her LE interviews I then questioned whether those roles were actually reversed? Wish we understood the dynamic better.

Just me thinking and typing as I still can’t process MT staying with FD as the relationship had a foundation of sand as virtually everything the couple had came from Farber money and their world and relationship bubble was collapsing. I’m just not getting this part of the overall puzzle…..

But I’ve been doing a bit of reading on malignant narcissists and I just wonder if perhaps in this case two of these evil types simply found each other and then just used each other for their own mutual ends and would stay together for as long as one or the other needed the other and then the relationship would fizzle once the intense mutual need period ended? MT and FD have imo more similarities than differences which is always something I found interesting about them as a couple.

MOO

Last edited:
How disorganised can Defence Counsel be to ask about reports with no source identification and expect witness to answer and then wastes Court time trying to find the needed document????

What is Atty Felson doing to assist with this process?

MOO
Does anyone know if Atty Felton is functioning as a true second chair for Defence or is she there to handle what appears to be the inevitable appeal. I can’t find much out about her appeal experience and I’m a bit baffled by what her role is in this trial as she has taken on a couple of witnesses iirc.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member