GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #69

Does anyone know what happens if you are in prison for a long time and you have no money for the commissary? Is it prohibited for inmates to run a business in prison? Does anyone understand also what MT might be doing all day long? Will her days be spent locked up or will she be free to roam? Can the inmates have computers?

I am curious what might happen to an indigent MT in prison? But also what happens to her daughter and the support MT received to take care of her? My understanding is that payment stops from when she enters prison so now does CPS step in and take over care of her daughter?

MT seemed totally unprepared for the verdict and Shoehorn didn’t seem to have prepared her to set up alternative care provisions for her daughter either. Legally the family can’t do anything either unless baby daddy agreed I would think. Simply seems like a possible mess.

Moo

I think there would be a custodial hearing with the father of the now 17-year old daughter of MT, and that he would be given full parenting custody given that MT is in prison (once she is sentenced, that is). Since she spent summer and winter holidays with her father, it seems that this is the logical next step once MT is sentenced. It sounds like he can easily afford his daughter's tuition at private high school and or college or university. If the Traconis clan try to get custody to keep the money coming in, I think they will be in for a big surprise because the father has been very much involved in his daughter's life in an ongoing manner and the court will usually not want to take away a parent's rights to custody of their child.

Prisons have a number of programs to keep inmates busy and engaged, it has been recognized that recidivism is reduced and reentry is easier with enrichment during incarceration.
That said she needs to behave herself and follow rules and it isn’t just free for all. Certainly a change of lifestyle. Lucky for her there are some services en Espanol. And they do have a large animal rescue training program at York with horses. She should be thankful she’s incarcerated in CT where they have a relatively progressive approach.

I also suspect her family will make sure that her account is fully stocked so she can take advantage of beauty salon service days etc. but don’t be expecting to see her with professional extensions etc either.
Inmates can earn money (paltry pittance) through work in the prison, at York they tailor inmate uniforms.

Here’s a list of programs offered at York.
Looked through this information and thanks for posting it. Amazing options are available so just depends I guess on whether MT will avail herself of the opportunities. Wide range with everything from religious study, medical certificates, ESL to gardening and greenhouse to academic classes from Quinnipiac and Wesleyan. I wonder how many of the inmates participate?

In split ups, it takes two to be amicable. The Dulos situation was wrought with betrayal and a man who wanted to control everything while not losing Jennifer's family money. He no longer wanted Jennifer and it appears that she was done with him. The convicted conspirator met FD and, it would not surprise me, was probably told lots of lies by him as he had been a philanderer serially. If Jennifer had agreed to the house sharing idea, I am sure he would not have maligned her until some further point down the road but I would bet that he would trash her as he did with the convicted conspirator. The narrative probably got worse when the money was drying up and he was closer to being exposed. He needed the kids in his home for money to keep coming in so the easy answer was that Jennifer was doing x, y and z to him. The convicted conspirator took his side AND FD continued to drag Jennifer's name with his new woman.

The hate on the convicted conspirator's side was born of FD's lies, greed and unrelenting push to get his own way come hell or high water. She bought in and, then, felt he was so maligned (especially after he lost any opportunity to see the kids for that period of time) that she also hated Jennifer. We will never know how she developed her level of hatred but given that she and her parents had "successful" splits, I would imagine that FD planted and cultivated those seeds so much so that he believed his own lies and so did the convicted conspirator. And, because he had not adhered to the court orders, he had created a situation that made it so that she and her daughter had to have no contact---- not because of Jennifer's actions but rather his own, but he blamed it all on Jennifer as he wanted to be one big happy family.

BTW, I love that this is her title now along with her prisoner number. It is still satisfying even though it is not fair that Jennifer lost her life.
Does anyone recall the context of the iirc either Det kimball or his partner saying to MT in interview 2 iirc that FD had been chatting with JF about getting back together going back to March 2019? Trying to figure out if this was a ruse or true as Family Court was wild during this time? Could FD have been trying to get back together with JF as a last ditch effort to save himself as his financial world was collapsing. Just can’t see JF entertaining this so that is why I’m confused if this was ruse for MT to stress her out or if it was real?

I think there would be a custodial hearing with the father of the now 17-year old daughter of MT, and that he would be given full parenting custody given that MT is in prison (once she is sentenced, that is). Since she spent summer and winter holidays with her father, it seems that this is the logical next step once MT is sentenced. It sounds like he can easily afford his daughter's tuition at private high school and or college or university. If the Traconis clan try to get custody to keep the money coming in, I think they will be in for a big surprise because the father has been very much involved in his daughter's life in an ongoing manner and the court will usually not want to take away a parent's rights to custody of their child.
I hope baby daddy is “on it” legally as if MT daughter could exit US for a period of time I would think it could help greatly.

Does anyone know what happens if you are in prison for a long time and you have no money for the commissary? Is it prohibited for inmates to run a business in prison? Does anyone understand also what MT might be doing all day long? Will her days be spent locked up or will she be free to roam? Can the inmates have computers?

I am curious what might happen to an indigent MT in prison? But also what happens to her daughter and the support MT received to take care of her? My understanding is that payment stops from when she enters prison so now does CPS step in and take over care of her daughter?

MT seemed totally unprepared for the verdict and Shoehorn didn’t seem to have prepared her to set up alternative care provisions for her daughter either. Legally the family can’t do anything either unless baby daddy agreed I would think. Simply seems like a possible mess.

Moo
IMO, the amount of time inmates spend inside their cells is linked to their prison classification.

In the linked MSM dated Feb 2022, prior to COVID, inmates generally had 6 hours of 'rec time' during which they could shower, use the phone, socialize, etc.

Also, since both convicted and pretrial detainees are housed at York CI, I think by default, they have more programs and rec-time than other state facilities.

Pursuant to Covid, I think most state prisons today distribute tablets to inmates that are used for phone calls and video/face communication.

In a FAQ link posted earlier, prison inmates who are indigent will have toiletries provided to them-- otherwise, they have to purchase them from the commissary.

I think MT's daughter was age 13 in 2019 so she has to be close to age 18 now which is also the age when the terms of most custodial agreements end.

It seems the daughter has always had a relationship with her father, and would spend school breaks with him in his country. I get the feeling her support needs will be taken care of.

Relative to work, it seems CT state law does not confer the right to work on the state's inmates. (See link below).

MOO

Kristal Lis, who is incarcerated at York Correctional Institution, detailed extensive restrictions on recreational time spent outside of her cell, also known as “rec,” where incarcerated people are usually able to shower, receive phone calls, exercise and socialize. According to Lis, incarcerated people would previously receive around six hours of recreational time per day. Under recent changes, they now only receive about an hour of daily free time.

INMATE WORK ASSIGNMENTS IN CONNECTICUT

The law does not confer the right to work on the state's inmates. But, the DOC offers several types of work experience to prisoners and the law references some of these.

Under DOC Administrative Directive 10.1, sentenced inmates are not entitled to work, educational or programmatic assignments. But sentenced inmates may not refuse or reject an assignment, with the exception of inmates assigned to PSPI programs in which participation is voluntary. Inmates not yet sentenced may elect to participate in work assignments. The directive states that an inmate with an inmate assignment is not considered an employee of the DOC or the state.

The DOC classifies inmate paid work assignments into three categories based on funding source: (1) General Fund positions, which are institutional assignments involving facility operations, (2) revolving fund positions, which include CEC positions and the commissary; and (3) PSPI positions, which are offered by private companies with operations in a facility. CEC and PSPI programs are addressed in DOC Administrative Directive 10.20.

The law recognizes PSPI and work-release programs. Inmates may also perform public service projects. Standards for public service assignments are contained in DOC Administrative Directive 10.5.

The DOC commissioner may permit any inmate to be employed by an agency or department of the state or a state or federal subdivision. He may also permit the inmate to work for a private nonprofit organization. Inmate participation is voluntary. Inmates employed under this statute must receive the same compensation they would receive if they worked within a correctional institution (CGS § 18-90a).

By law, inmates must be compensated for services performed and compensation must be based on merit, diligence, and skill to encourage inmate incentive and industry (CGS § 18-85(a)). Certain programs require that inmates be paid a prevailing wage or a wage similar to work performed in the same area.

Institutional Work Involving Operations Within the Facility

[..]

Last edited:
Does anyone recall the context of the iirc either Det kimball or his partner saying to MT in interview 2 iirc that FD had been chatting with JF about getting back together going back to March 2019? Trying to figure out if this was a ruse or true as Family Court was wild during this time? Could FD have been trying to get back together with JF as a last ditch effort to save himself as his financial world was collapsing. Just can’t see JF entertaining this so that is why I’m confused if this was ruse for MT to stress her out or if it was real?

I believe LE said they had text messages from FD to JFD that addressed reconciliation. I know when LE shared this info with MT, it seemed to come as a surprise and brought her to tears.

I don't think this was a ruse and believe the texts were genuine and represented manipulation by FD-- and certainly not any indication of how JFD felt about her estranged husband. JMO

Went back for another listen. After the verdict is read and the State asks the Court for post-conviction, pre-sentencing conditions, Schoenhorn stumbles over this bit of begging: says that she has a teenage daughter "that she is -- at least for the time being -- she remains the primary caregiver for".

I point it out because Schoenhorn doesn't even seem sure. Perhaps arrangements were in process already? Or he was being sketchy? Hedging? Whatever, it wasn't the strongest endorsement for her supposed motherhood.

Fell flat. Kind of like she did, her beige self melding into the beige table.

It's all so sad. A beautiful life taken and for what?

1:24:20

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240319_042120_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240319_042120_Chrome.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0
I intentionally put m and fd initials in lower case . They don't deserve uppercase initials, imo.
I remember this. LE (female)questioning mt told her did she know Fd wanted to get back together with Jennifer? We know this because it’s on his phone. Last March.
I totally believe he would do that. Imo, he would do ANYTHING to stay with the money.
But I don’t know anything for sure.

Last edited:
I intentionally put m and fd initials in lower case . They don't deserve uppercase initials, imo.

I remember this. LE (female)questioning mt told her did she know Fd wanted to get back together with Jennifer? We know this because it’s on his phone. Last March.
I totally believe he would do that. Imo, he would do ANYTHING to stay with the money.
But I don’t know anything for sure.
Agreed, and IMO, I believe that's why he so quickly traded MT for AC.

I believe LE said they had text messages from FD to JFD that addressed reconciliation. I know when LE shared this info with MT, it seemed to come as a surprise and brought her to tears.

I don't think this was a ruse and believe the texts were genuine and represented manipulation by FD-- and certainly not any indication of how JFD felt about her estranged husband. JMO
Thanks for this memory as the way you describe it was how I recalled it as well. But the timing of that exchange by FD stacks up
Imo quite well to when FD financial implosion was happening with FORE as he had probably used the last of his cash to engage Atty Rose to help make a failed bid for custody, change the supervised visitation and allow MT and her daughter access to Dulos children. All these efforts in family court failed.

I agree with you that JF wanted no part of FD at that point as she was dealing with the aftermath of psychological issues with the children which was painful and heartbreaking. She had to know that the Family Court case was effectively back to square one but she also must have known by then that FD and MT Didnt have the money to fight much longer.

I do wonder if during this period that there wasn’t cash for the utilities at 4JX or eating out as FD had loaded up all the credit cards and had no income from FORE.

FD and MT were backed into a corner with no quick fixes available for income as the houses weren’t selling and even if sold were mortgaged to the hilt so wouldn’t generate much cash. FD no doubt had money socked away in Greece or with his friends but during the march - May period my strong suspicion is that cash was tight. I can see also that the MT statement about “we fight all the time” might just be one of her true statements of the LE Interviews as I believe she was using her child support to assist FD during this time.

So, by the “murders eve dinner” MT and FD were backed into a corner financially, squatting at 4Jx, not paying child support, told by Judge Heller to prepare financial statements or else, had just had computers and electronics of FORE a and FD seized by Family Court, looking at large monthly cash outlay to pay mortgages and maintenance on FORE houses and land portfolio without sufficient cash to pay and looming credit card debt.

FD did all of the above imo by design so I do wonder if the murder of JF was his plan a or plan b to save himself? I’m taking MT out of the equation here as I’m not thinking he effectively bankrupted himself for MT but with this couple I don’t know what they might have been thinking!

If he essentially bankrupted himself then possibly for purposes of Family Court he might be able to finally get alimony and support. His prior claims for support and legal fees had been denied by Judge Heller. I’m not sure how much this would have gotten him each month but I doubt it would he enough to support staying at 4JX or any of the other large houses he owned.

Mediating himself out of the self created mess wasn’t in the character of FD and he seemed hell bent still on revenge on revenge it seems to burn down everything that Hilliard Farber had helped him build with FORE.

I do wonder what the co conspirators were chatting about during this period because it’s quite a leap in my mind from a self created personal financial implosion to murder. But, they must have been chatting about it and planning extensively we saw FD leap into action to go grab the children in NY and he was all over texting LA as well. Was the plan to effectively take the children and hold them hostage for a settlement from GF? I find it hard to believe that FD or MT wanted to take care of all the children and I believe the MT statement about being a “mother of 6” was a lie as imo she is simply too self absorbed to take on the role and FD never took any interest in the day to day of his 5 children and she had to know that too.

Thankfully LA and GF kept the children secure and the FD games to disqualify GF in Family Court failed, but FD fought dirty and hard against GF. Thankfully the public was shielded from this nastiness but GF did prevail.

I do wonder if FD and MT hadn’t been caught what would have happened next? GF had effectively crushed FD with the civil court judgement that he couldn’t or wouldn’t pay. But would he have simply continued to fight to get the children or try to kidnap them?

FD had a plan or multiple plans but I bet suicide wasn’t on any of them. I do wonder when Pattis might have told FD he had no shot to escape lifelong prison? Or, did Pattis dump FD on the other miscreant lawyer Atty smith as he was working full time on Alex Jones case and this irritated FD as well? Or, was it simply all about the cash with Pattis and FD didn’t have the money to pay and they were going to drop him on a public defender and this is what pushed FD to end his life?

Lots of questions still remaining after MT trial as we frankly saw more lies than truth. The big defence moment was the “murders eve dinner” and that itself was a well orchestrated lie!

Moo

Went back for another listen. After the verdict is read and the State asks the Court for post-conviction, pre-sentencing conditions, Schoenhorn stumbles over this bit of begging: says that she has a teenage daughter "that she is -- at least for the time being -- she remains the primary caregiver for".

I point it out because Schoenhorn doesn't even seem sure. Perhaps arrangements were in process already? Or he was being sketchy? Hedging? Whatever, it wasn't the strongest endorsement for her supposed motherhood.

Fell flat. Kind of like she did, her beige self melding into the beige table.

It's all so sad. A beautiful life taken and for what?

1:24:20

Yes, that moment you point out was odd but it also has me questioning whether he had done his job and wrapped up the details for MT legally in the event of a conviction. His interview with press afterwards had him saying he never predicts trial outcomes but this is different imo from not preparing a single parent with primary physical custody to be responsible and take care of the child in event she is led off in chains which is what the world saw happen. My guess is he didn’t prepare her or she couldn’t deal with it so it had to be resolved with her in prison. Sad and shoddy work imo by Horn but having watched him now for over 4 years I would expect nothing less. Moo

Yes, that was it. Why? She took it back.
Actually there was more than one "artistic" photo. I finally found article from the Stamford Advocate which references MT's requests from 4 JX.

FARMINGTON — Artistic photos of Michelle Troconis, a soap tray, champagne glasses, a crepe maker and hand towels are just a few of the items that the former girlfriend of Fotis Dulos wants back from his home.
I believe one of those artistic numbers was also in the family exercise room?!

The Daily Mail had an article showing MT, her friends and family, and the probate attorney Hug moving things out in the summer of 2020.

Remember MT's social media postings as she gave away the FD children's belongings as part of her generous gifts to those less fortunate. SMH....

I do hope someone does a super dramatic made for TV drama (scratch that we had the Dateline xxxx a week or so ago and IDK if anyone watched it and can report about it as I simply refuse to watch that channel) about them as I still am kinda shocked that FD gassed himself after only two days in jail. I realise that he was looking at lifetime in prison and he knew he was done for once he saw the C4 footage from Hartford but its quite incredible how quickly he gave it all up.

It really has me wondering whether if Judge Heller had done what other Judges do and toss FD into jail early on in Family Court after he fudged aka misstated aka lied on his financial statement disclosure the first time whether it might have had any impact? MOO
I anticipate that someone will pick up a drama on this case. Just hope it is done properly and accurately if so. And I did find the Dateline work on this one over the years on balance good and well-reflected. IMO Dennis Murphy did carry the day, as he typically does.

And one particularly priceless moment in the most recent version, was when Dennis was speaking with former state’s attorney RC (I believe it was)….. who responded to the effect: that if FD had no involvement in JF disappearance (as he and his attorney NP were then professing) - then how would FD know that MT and KM also had no involvement? As FD had also attested in his suicide note I believe. I sure wish someone had asked NP that question at that time.

One possible suggestion for any with difficulty viewing any Dateline with a certain reporter? Just act as though it is MT filling in the gaps with those portions? MOO

Actually there was more than one "artistic" photo. I finally found article from the Stamford Advocate which references MT's requests from 4 JX.

FARMINGTON — Artistic photos of Michelle Troconis, a soap tray, champagne glasses, a crepe maker and hand towels are just a few of the items that the former girlfriend of Fotis Dulos wants back from his home.

The Daily Mail had an article showing MT, her friends and family, and the probate attorney Hug moving things out in the summer of 2020.

Remember MT's social media postings as she gave away the FD children's belongings as part of her generous gifts to those less fortunate. SMH....
Take a look at the DM photos where they said it’s “possible” that the woman and her father were MT. I don’t think this is MT and Dr Bombay. I also cannot imagine Dr Bombay helping a 46 year old daughter move but I could see Mama Troconis present to make sure that the lemon juicer was present and accounted for! Could the person in shorts possibly be Anna Curry? MooIMG_1096.jpegIMG_1095.jpeg

I hope baby daddy is “on it” legally as if MT daughter could exit US for a period of time I would think it could help greatly.
The other possibility is that MT would want her parents and/or sister(s) to get custody of her daughter so that she could keep her close by. I wonder if the daughter's father (GB) would agree to this kind of arrangement. The Troconos family would still get the child support money which would likely help MT with her lifestyle in prison. But my understanding is that the daughter is now 17 years old, so she would be an adult in one year, techically, and could live where she wants. I do hope she will choose to move to Argentina to live with her father and get some stability in her life. Who knows, she may want to live with the T's.

The other possibility is that MT would want her parents and/or sister(s) to get custody of her daughter so that she could keep her close by. I wonder if the daughter's father (GB) would agree to this kind of arrangement. The Troconis' family would still get the child support money which would likely help MT with her lifestyle in prison. But my understanding is that the daughter is now 17 years old, so she would be an adult in one year, techically, and could live where she wants. I do hope she will choose to move to Argentina to live with her father and get some stability in her life. Who knows, she may want to live with the T's.
My recollection of the agreement was that daughter spends 6 months of year with each parent. So, father role is defined which is good imo and not something that has to be litigated. We haven’t looked at the condos in CO recently but my recollection from looking long ago was that baby daddy was on one of the condos as co owner as I believe this was a stipulation of the original support agreement. I would think that now given the issues with having to pay the state of Ct for incarceration that these assets will need to be dealt with. I hope the State is on these issues but given that they weren’t even on top of the basic admin issues for the pre sentencing report as we saw this week, my guess is per usual state of ct is doing nothing. Moo

I anticipate that someone will pick up a drama on this case. Just hope it is done properly and accurately if so. And I did find the Dateline work on this one over the years on balance good and well-reflected. IMO Dennis Murphy did carry the day, as he typically does.

And one particularly priceless moment in the most recent version, was when Dennis was speaking with former state’s attorney RC (I believe it was)….. who responded to the effect: that if FD had no involvement in JF disappearance (as he and his attorney NP were then professing) - then how would FD know that MT and KM also had no involvement? As FD had also attested in his suicide note I believe. I sure wish someone had asked NP that question at that time.

One possible suggestion for any with difficulty viewing any Dateline with a certain reporter? Just act as though it is MT filling in the gaps with those portions? MOO
Nah, no NBC for me. Not happening. I did get out some frustration by writing to the NBC execs that live in Fairfield county this weekend to express my disgust with their coverage of this case, posturing of MT as a victim and their absence of any journalistic standards whatsoever. There are over 20 in the area but I simply picked the top 10 as well as any responsible for affiliate operations such as the shambles operation of NBC CT. Very therapeutic exercise even though I know it’s ultimately pointless as journalistic standards aren’t in the evaluation metrics fr MSM anymore imo!

The reporter who had zero objectivity got her own paragraph in my letters as I think she should be terminated as she is no “seeker of truth”! I did include the picture of her crying after the verdict was read as that picture imo told all you need to know about Shannon Miller!

Shameful coverage and they are Shameless so imo deserve no clicks ever.

While I am ranting I will simply add that to say that Dennis Murphy carried the day simply imo provides foundation to my claim of overall ineptitude of Dateline as he has the depth of a raindrop and hasn’t done a days work as an investigative reporter ever! These are simply talking heads supported by platoons of producers and researchers and they simply show up for camera moments.

Rant done. NBC in rear view mirror, eye on Horn motions for MT and the inevitable appeal but after a short break I’m moving forward to the KM thread to fill in the gaps.

MOO

Last edited:

Oh wow she didn’t! Unbelievable. What a waste of a human being she is.

My recollection of the agreement was that daughter spends 6 months of year with each parent. So, father role is defined which is good imo and not something that has to be litigated. We haven’t looked at the condos in CO recently but my recollection from looking long ago was that baby daddy was on one of the condos as co owner as I believe this was a stipulation of the original support agreement. I would think that now given the issues with having to pay the state of Ct for incarceration that these assets will need to be dealt with. I hope the State is on these issues but given that they weren’t even on top of the basic admin issues for the pre sentencing report as we saw this week, my guess is per usual state of ct is doing nothing. Moo
If there is a joint custody agreement, then it would likely have to be revised by the court to give the father full custody until she turns 18. I just wonder if the T's will try to get joint custody and what the wishes are of the daughter in this situation. Will she want joint custody to remain with her father but add the T's as the other party in her custody situation? I assume that the father would have to continue to pay the $4,000 a month and other costs of her education, etc. similarly to what he is paying now if the T family was successful in getting joint custody. The family courts will take into consideration the wishes of the daughter as she is 17 years old now, IIRC. But it would be up to the father to agree to this custodial arrangement. I think the T's would try this, as long as the daughter was interested. In any event, a new custodial agreement would have to be formalized if prior to MT's incarceration there was a joint custody agreement. The change would probably not happen until MT is sentenced. But the pre-sentence report being prepared by the Court will likely address this issue and child and family services will have to be notified.

A person spending months or years in jail can’t have physical custody of their child. However, incarcerated parents can still have legal rights and responsibilities.

If you have joint physical custody with the child’s other parent, the other parent can get temporary physical custody while you are in prison.

I find myself wondering -- MT claimed in one of the interviews with police detectives that she could not understand the contentiousness of the ongoing divorce proceedings, given that both her parents' divorce and her own split from her daughter's father (though they were never married) was oh so wonderful and supportive and friendly - she said her parents were still together all the time and her love child's father was someone who was so fantastic, the best father, whom she loved, blah blah. YET she did everything in her power to make FD and JFd have an antagonistic relationship. If she thought it should be lovely and civil, why did she freak the f out at the thought that FD and MT would spend time together with the kids? Why did she not want them together, ever? Why was she always ragging on FD about the mother of their children? Why did she do nothing to facilitate a civil relationship and quite the opposite, why did she do such obnoxious things as put her sexed up photo above the bed that had been the marital bed? Why was she so vicious about the woman her lover had been married to and had five children with? She "won" that wreck of a man, she lived in his wife's house, why didn;t she try to be kind and encourage the two of them to parent with kindness together? Why did she have to lie lie lie and get the children to lie, why couldn't she have a drop of humility and perhaps even guilt and shame? Just wondering.
Because she is an ugly and evil person inside. imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back