Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think that’s accurate.

We don’t know how these items were packaged, and there very well may not have been 30 bags.

There were simply 30 locations.
Thanks. I keep reading how people are speculating about the sizes of bags etc. I’m not saying they are wrong. But to me, these two were disorganized. They were probably dropping off stuff at various locations but I don’t see them actually bagging 30 garbage bags. That said, I have no clue why FD and MT took the time to put the plates in a Fed Ex box.

BBM. That isn't true. Supervised visitation and other restrictions are clearly spelled out in #10 of the grandmother's court filing.

https://media.wtnh.com/nxs-wtnhtv-media-us-east-1/document_dev/2019/06/04/Jun 4, Doc 1_1559668712212_90689131_ver1.0.pdf

JMO

Okay. So this clears it up. Per the current petition to intervene on behalf of the grandmother, the father, FD, did NOT have unsupervised access to the kids and that was not coming up.

From the time of the dissolution action in late June 2012,we don't know what the exact custody orders were. But we know he had a lot of access, per news reports.

But in January 2018 and March 2018, per two different court orders, (January was probably a temporary, emergency order pending the hearing on March 1, 2018 when the court stated, "the court does not find the defendant to be credible. The defendant does not seem to appreciate in any respect the consequences of lying under oath and willfully violating a court order. His facility in testifying falsely to the court suggests that he is equally comfortable in encouraging the children to lie and achieve his desired outcome"), the father's visits were totally suspended. That's unusual. I am guessing it was at both hearings that experts were appointed to asses the case and the best interests of the kids, because that would be logical and because the court also found, as the March 1, 2018 order indicates, that there was an immediate risk of psych harm to the kids and she cites the GAL's input.

Starting in June 2018, the father had limited, supervised access to the kids, between June 2018 and March 2019.

Per the grandmother's motion, at a hearing on March 20, 2019, "the court issued a decision affording the defendant with certain on-going supervised access to the children, which he exercised between approximately March 20, 2019 and May 24, 2019." The motion then goes on to detail the very strict restrictions of that visitation,including not being allowed to be alone with the kids,speak Greek to them, disparage his ex or any of the court appointed personnel, etc.

This is exactly as the news reported.

There is no mention at all of the visits magically becoming unsupervised for Memorial Day weekend. It appears clear he had more time with the kids but not unsupervised access. It is also important that she is mentioning his restricted access, supervisions, etc., in connection with her request to intervene and be given custody of the kids. Because she's saying that his restrictions make granting her custody more reasonable , especially now that mom has disappeared and he probably killed her.

I hope that's all now clear and we can stop blaming the judge's court orders for the unrelated murder of Jennifer Farber.

https://media.wtnh.com/nxs-wtnhtv-m...un 4, Doc 1_1559668712212_90689131_ver1.0.pdf

I've explained ad nauseum, how the system works.

First of all, someone was going to search for evidence that he had been granted unsupervised visitation. @afitzy ? But this far, all I have are news reports which state his visits were to be supervised. Which makes sense. It's why his mother in law was able to hide the kids under armed guard. If he had unsupervised access he would have immediately been granted his motion for return of the kids to him but as his motion states, the judge has "limited" him.

Second, allowing kids to drive a car is enough to cause supervised visitation, but realize this appears to have happened during the marriage (because she states she was present).

She didn't call the police then. There is no record of her calling the police about that which the news would jump on.

Court's aren't going to say, "oh, you claim something occurred during the marriage and you took no legal action then, but now that you're getting a divorce and want to use it against him, we are going to believe you and bar him from any unsupervised contact."

Instead they're going to say, "when did this happen? Did you call the police? Did you call CPS? No? But NOW you want ME to do something about it?"

"Do you know how many people lie or exaggerate to get an advantage in a custody case? Who am I supposed to believe?"

My understanding is he had unfettered access to the kids at first because like most cases it was a he said she said situation with no hard proof either way.

It's obvious to us now that he likely did all that because we are know he probably killed his wife. That makes everything in retrospect
That she said, clearly true.

But the judge didn't have the benefit of the knowledge we have now. She's not psychic. All she had was two people making allegations (he said his wife was nuts, on anti-psychotics, which is serious, and anti-anxiety medications, she said he was abusive and controlling. These are both very common allegations that are sometimes true, sometimes lies and sometimes only partially accurate).

From what I've seen, once the judge caught him lying and trying to manipulate the kids, his access was seriously restricted to professionally supervised and limited. Since then it has gradually increased time wise, which is normal. Eventually if he continued to behave, and got good reports from the professional supervisor, contact would become unsupervised.

I haven't seen that happen yet.

But let's say it did. Let's say the judge granted unsupervised for memorial at weekend. And let's say for sake of argument that she went totally rogue and for no reason did so in complete opposition to what the experts she appointed (therapists and GAL):

Did he kill the kids? Did he kidnap them?

I mean what am I missing? How would family law child visitation orders that possibly evolved into unsupervised visits which did not take place yet (the murder happened before he was scheduled to have the kids), how does that possibly relate to the murder of his wife?

A supervised visitation order would not relate in any way or prevent in any way, what this maniac did.

Frankly, neither would a restraining order which was not before he court at the time of the murders.

Because restraining orders help keep the peace. They help angry people who might go make a scene or continue to harass an ex, accountable and can prevent them from continuing the behavior for fear of jail, loss of license and los of custody.

But they never stop premeditated murder.

But that's not the issue. Please someone tell me how an order for an unsupervised visit that was not set to occur prior to the date of the disappearance, is responsible or contributed to the murder.

If it is true that his access was made less restrictive, that should make him less angry. Not more.

I'm not understanding.

Finally, judges are appointed to the bench due to their work ethic, reputation and intelligence. They are expected to be able to handle cases in any department- probate, juvenile dependency, criminal, civil litigation, family law.

Few of the family law judges I appear before have prior experience as family law attorneys. More often they have experience as a prosecutor, appellate experience or simply experience at a major law firm doing incredible work, typically civil litigation.

Judge Heller was appointed in 2012 to the Superior Court. Her past experience in family law is irrelevant to her ability to understand the law and rule. These judges, if they're placed in a department they haven't had much experience litigating in, will learn quickly. They study, observe and get mentoring by colleagues.

But their ability to read people, understand the law and asses facts quickly is not dependent on the kind of law they won't practiced or what department they've been a judge in.

So can someone explain to me why the judges and family law attorneys in this family's case are to blame for Jennifer's murder due to the custody orders?

I'm not getting the connection.

I agree! Blaming the Judge or attorneys in this case is not fair. They did not do anything to contribute to JD’s death. It’s disgusting for anyone to imply otherwise. The blame lands squarely on those who killed her.

Yes. Simple. When one parent actively endangers the welfare and safety and lives of his/her children, (so much evidence of this presented just in these threads) the court needs to take action to protect those children from that parent. The case comes before that court for such action. And I totally disagree about the fact that the judge's inexperience in family law had a negative effect here. But that is not to say that family law judges are any better at doing the right thing, as a rule. As I have said the system is broken. Families are broken, the system is broken and the world is broken. But still, one judge, in one case, one person in one situation can make a difference by doing the right thing, at any time, or all the time. It's that simple. The system is set up to make money; lawyers are more interested in that than in the welfare of children involved. Judges can be corrupt and bought off by one party. I think there is more than enough evidence to satisfy you that the court has not performed as it should have in this case. Jennifer is dead. No one protected her from her ex-husband. The children are safe only by the Grace of God and their grandmother and nanny, and likely the careful planning of their late Mother.

BBM. What action did the court need to take in this case that it did not take? The children are safe as @gitana1 has pointed out.

The court wasn't responsible for protecting JD's safety. Adults are responsible for their own safety.

JMO

BBM. What action did the court need to take in this case that it did not take? The children are safe as @gitana1 has pointed out.

The court wasn't responsible for protecting JD's safety. Adults are responsible for their own safety.

JMO

That's true, they are safe, but it overlooks the sacrifice Jennifer had to make to protect her children from him and from the court and ignorant judge. In other words they are safe not because of anything the court did but because of what Jennifer did.

Okay. So this clears it up. Per the current petition to intervene on behalf of the grandmother, the father, FD, did NOT have unsupervised access to the kids and that was not coming up.

From the time of the dissolution action in late June 2012,we don't know what the exact custody orders were. But we know he had a lot of access, per news reports.

But in January 2018 and March 2018, per two different court orders, (January was probably a temporary, emergency order pending the hearing on March 1, 2018 when the court stated, "the court does not find the defendant to be credible. The defendant does not seem to appreciate in any respect the consequences of lying under oath and willfully violating a court order. His facility in testifying falsely to the court suggests that he is equally comfortable in encouraging the children to lie and achieve his desired outcome"), the father's visits were totally suspended. That's unusual. I am guessing it was at both hearings that experts were appointed to asses the case and the best interests of the kids, because that would be logical and because the court also found, as the March 1, 2018 order indicates, that there was an immediate risk of psych harm to the kids and she cites the GAL's input.

Starting in June 2018, the father had limited, supervised access to the kids, between June 2018 and March 2019.

Per the grandmother's motion, at a hearing on March 20, 2019, "the court issued a decision affording the defendant with certain on-going supervised access to the children, which he exercised between approximately March 20, 2019 and May 24, 2019." The motion then goes on to detail the very strict restrictions of that visitation,including not being allowed to be alone with the kids,speak Greek to them, disparage his ex or any of the court appointed personnel, etc.

This is exactly as the news reported.

There is no mention at all of the visits magically becoming unsupervised for Memorial Day weekend. It appears clear he had more time with the kids but not unsupervised access. It is also important that she is mentioning his restricted access, supervisions, etc., in connection with her request to intervene and be given custody of the kids. Because she's saying that his restrictions make granting her custody more reasonable , especially now that mom has disappeared and he probably killed her.

I hope that's all now clear and we can stop blaming the judge's court orders for the unrelated murder of Jennifer Farber.

https://media.wtnh.com/nxs-wtnhtv-media-us-east-1/document_dev/2019/06/04/Jun 4, Doc 1_1559668712212_90689131_ver1.0.pdf
@gitana1 I’m going to copy this over to the media thread where we normally don’t have discussion but this IMO is more of a legal analysis of the custody pleading and prior arrangements regarding visitation - thanks

Here is the full petition made by Mrs. Farber for custody of her 5 grandchildren.

Makes a powerful plee IMO for custody and also discussed her/atty's view on the impact that this entire process has had on the 5 children.
By way of background the atty that filed this petition on behalf of Mrs. Farber is the quintessential CT Family Court insider and is presently employed by a major CT law firm. So Mrs. Farber found herself a strong advocate with close ties and a broad network inside the CT Family Law Court. Curious to see how this all plays out in court. I personally wish Mrs. Farber the best on her legal journey in CT and commend her highly for fighting for what she believes to be right for her 5 precious grandchildren.

Thanks. I keep reading how people are speculating about the sizes of bags etc. I’m not saying they are wrong. But to me, these two were disorganized. They were probably dropping off stuff at various locations but I don’t see them actually bagging 30 garbage bags. That said, I have no clue why FD and MT took the time to put the plates in a Fed Ex box.

I was thinking grocery size bags or 8 gallon bathroom trash bags. Like a towel in one, a sponge and a rag in another. Small packaging to avoid it standing out or to avoid the smell of a large amount rotting blood in one place.

JMO

While I agree the court is in no way to blame

I'm not sure JD could have protected herself from these evil monsters

lets be clear about that

Yes. Simple. When one parent actively endangers the welfare and safety and lives of his/her children, (so much evidence of this presented just in these threads) the court needs to take action to protect those children from that parent. The case comes before that court for such action. And I totally disagree about the fact that the judge's inexperience in family law had a negative effect here. But that is not to say that family law judges are any better at doing the right thing, as a rule. As I have said the system is broken. Families are broken, the system is broken and the world is broken. But still, one judge, in one case, one person in one situation can make a difference by doing the right thing, at any time, or all the time. It's that simple. The system is set up to make money; lawyers are more interested in that than in the welfare of children involved. Judges can be corrupt and bought off by one party. I think there is more than enough evidence to satisfy you that the court has not performed as it should have in this case. Jennifer is dead. She sacrificed herself so that her children could live and grow up. She knew that he would never stop torturing her or them. No one protected her from her ex-husband. The children are safe only by the Grace of God and their grandmother and nanny, and likely the careful planning of their late Mother.
I agree (because I believe there was a plan in place, imo only of course), but I run into trouble with the idea that JD "sacrificed herself." Her husband killed her IMO. She didn't volunteer; it was not a noble decision; he killed her. It just feels to me that saying she sacrificed herself romanticizes the situation. Definitely my opinion only.

By way of background the atty that filed this petition on behalf of Mrs. Farber is the quintessential CT Family Court insider and is presently employed by a major CT law firm. So Mrs. Farber found herself a strong advocate with close ties and a broad network inside the CT Family Law Court. Curious to see how this all plays out in court. I personally wish Mrs. Farber the best on her legal journey in CT and commend her highly for fighting for what she believes to be right for her 5 precious grandchildren.

I mean obviously everyone here wants them to go to her, but in reality, who else would they go to? His parents are dead, his sister is in Greece. Maybe he has other siblings but who knows how involved they are in the kids’ lives. If they don’t go to Grandma, it would likely be one of her family members because it seems like that’s the only option. I assume he’s too broke to bail out so unless his girlfriend gets him out, he’s stuck.

Hence why NCPD is asking everyone for surveillance footage. I just can't believe she still isn't found.
I wonder if he had his phone the entire day? What if she had it and kept doing the back and forth drive to his properties and he was off getting rid of Jennifer? Their actions are odd - caught on CCTV and via location services getting rid of evidence but yet no real idea of what they did with Jennifer. I really thought she would have been recovered by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname