Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #9 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on this comment that based on his financial situation he might have been entitled to support and custody support but what isn't adding up to me is that instead of handing over the financials in either of the cases (family court and civil case with MIL) he does everything in his power to not provide the information.

You can come up for various scenarios to explain why someone would do what he did with doing whatever he could to not disclose anything financial to the courts but I'm still not convinced we understand why he behaved in a way in the court cases that was counter to his financial best interests so far as I can tell. Perhaps he needed the 2 years to essentially drain FORE Group and that was more cash than anything he might have gotten in terms of alimony and child support? I'm still thinking this through as I'm not sure we understand what he was thinking about on these issues?
I think it’s one of two things:

He feared exposure, and couldn’t stand the hit to his ego that would come from the destruction of his well-to-do image.

He didn’t want people to know that he had built a financial house of cards, and didn’t want to face any potential legal ramifications.

Or, he hated Jennifer so much that he was going to make things as difficult as possible for her.

He might have done it, just because...

I'm not aware of another NC property besides Sturbridge. Believe Olcott is Farmington.
We only know of the Sturbridge property in NC. FD had supposedly done at least one other property in NC but it had sold. We don't know though whether he owned any other property in NC. Will search this out tomorrow as I'm curious.

Triangulation of JD's house, Waveny Park and the Sturbridge House he was building-- was looking at a map and all those bodies of water. I also found myself wondering if there could be a cemetery he made use of. If he "borrowed" a fresh grave, would anyone ever check? I better log off. I trust LE is doing a far better job than I can. Just such a cruel, cruel thing; what kind of father can possibly do this to his children and not even leave a body to bury? Only a monster.

Last edited:
Canchance, we think alike and agree. I recall an earlier post from you that you could relate to this situation personally on many levels and are just happy to be alive; so glad you are! You struck a chord because I can relate to a lot on many levels myself.

I wonder about the extent of the risk that Jennifer endured that she was even capable of being aware of - as a naturally kind and compassionate person her imagination might not have gone any further than she could personally contemplate as an action from a somewhat reasonable person. IMO she did everything right. I suspect that's why so many of us who didn't even know her are so drawn to this story.
You’re right. Her story is sadly probably not so uncommon. I don’t think, however, that given her fear of him, and people may argue this - but even for the sake of the children (at this particular point in time in the divorce), she should have allowed him at her home. I would also bet, he’d been there before when nobody was home, just to look around.

Okay, so apparently LE has found no "key"evidence at the MIRA facility, and most of us here are, understandably, disheartened. But honestly, other than JD's remains, or a murder weapon with FD's prints on it, what "key" evidence would we have hoped they would find? A confession note from FD with a notary stamp on it? Ain't happening. Electronic devices? Yeah, that would be nice, but they can (and no doubt have) retrieve any useful info from them without having to have physical possession, I believe. More blood-soaked clothing? That would be great, but we already have some apparently, and from the rumblings we are hearing, LE probably has quite a bit of FD's DNA at JD's house, along with lots of evidence of JD's blood having been cleaned up. We have FD and MT on video, dumping bloody evidence along a 4-mile trek of stupidity, and God knows what else LE already has that we are not privy to. I truly pray that JD is found soon, so she can be put to rest with the respect that she never got from her sorry excuse for a husband, and so that her children and loved ones can have some sense of closure, but I am not remotely entertaining a thought that FD is going to get away with this murder. He won't. JMO
Well said and thank you

The mother apparently sought to benefit from this tragedy and it appears used her son to raise the money. Glad this 'scam' was shut down promptly before more money was raised. Local press was asleep at the switch on this story IMO and it was exposed first on social media.
I'm behind on following but the last article I read suggested that the account was closed without explanation but if IRCC $1000 had already been collected. Will anyone be following up on that?

My initial thinking was much along the lines of what you describe. In old court papers JD had described some of FD “sick revenge fantasies” as well as the threat that one day FD would take the kids out of the country to live in a place where people “wear masks all day- like a ski resort”... and of course MT has long history with the owner of a ski resort in Argentina (who is also the father of her daughter). I have speculated that the idea for this disappearing plan (to a ski resort) may have been originated by MT. I can also imagine that to FD and MT, JD was seen as the ‘common enemy’, who drove them closer together. They would possibly have spitballed all kinds of crazy plans to deal with the JD situation. As money was dwindling and probably tensions growing between FD and MT, perhaps MT may have put an ultimatum to FD : deal with getting rid of JD or MT would leave FD. Removing JD from the picture seemed the fastest way to fixing all their problems- and with the bonus of whatever trust funds JD’s children may have brought with them.

Whose PI? FD’s? How is he paying a PI?
NP & Crew started their own 'investigation' a few days ago. We have no idea where the money to pay for the investigation is coming from. Perhaps NP & Crew have had FD sign away all media/story rights to the firm? IDK but FD 401k assuming it had a few hundred thousand in it won't last for long with the way NP travels with a crew of 4 to court etc.

NP & Crew started their own 'investigation' a few days ago. We have no idea where the money to pay for the investigation is coming from. Perhaps NP & Crew have had FD sign away all media/story rights to the firm? IDK but FD 401k assuming it had a few hundred thousand in it won't last for long with the way NP travels with a crew of 4 to court etc.
IMO
The dinners FD is fixing NP are part of the payment towards legal fees.

MOO

I’m keenly interested in a psychology profile of FD and obviously by extension MT. Profiling of that nature is something that fascinates me. Are there any Verified experts in this area?

Clearly based on what many of you awesome posters are saying regarding how FD/MT might behave and are quite possibly like are imo spot on. Controlling, manipulative, shady, narcissistic, etc...especially FD.

If JDs remains didn’t go through MIRA or some other disposal facility and aren’t in a landfill I just think truly understanding the way his mind works and how he would plan would be useful in terms of figuring out where her remains might be located. JMO as always.

NP just wants attention diverted from his other high profile case IMO.
Sorry, but even with so many great comments on here tonight this one is a personal fav for now as the other case is a total circus! You have to wonder how NP is able to juggle everything that he is involved with on 2 high profile cases? Also, if you look at the case load that his firm is involved with presently it appears that they are quite busy. Not sure what their criteria are for taking on clients though but my suspicion is that ability to pay is a TOP priority when you read through the names of some of the people the firm is representing. JMO.

I sure as hell hope so for her sake and her daughter, because if what everyone think happened to this innocent beautiful mother happened the girlfriend and her daughter are definitely in danger!?!?!.!
If she feels as if she is in danger I would think she would tell LE everything she knows so they can arrest him.
Something must be holding her back.
Either it's love or she's more involved than we know. Or both. Imo

If she feels as if she is in danger I would think she would tell LE everything she knows so they can arrest him.
Something must be holding her back.
Either it's love or she's more involved than we know. Or both. Imo
There’s a third possibility there; that she’s less involved than we think, and has already offered up what she does know.

I’m not buying it, but it remains a possibility.

“James Rovella was Hartford’s police chief in 2015 when he knew expanding the department’s surveillance cameras on city streets would help reduce and solve crimes.

But he didn’t realize the state-of-the-art camera system installed three years ago would play a pivotal role in recovering evidence in the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos. The New Canaan mother of five has been missing for nearly a month and police believe she was the victim of a serious crime based on the blood they found in her garage.” The Middletown Press

God bless James Rovella (and all the forward thinking law enforcement officials)
WE NEED THIS IN EVERY U.S. CITY. The cameras have made this case so far imho. Fotis & Michelle were CLUELESS about being filmed dumping all those blood-soaked evidence bags (and God knows what else) in the Hartford dumpsters.
God, I wish they would send a note to the First Selectman of NC and NCPD on the issue of cameras, particularly in the parks. There is a huge sense of false security all over NC and great antipathy toward security cameras. I think it makes most people in NC feel better to believe that they are safe and except for periodic reminders from NCPD many people still leave their keys in unlocked cars or leave doors to their houses open and expensive alarm systems deactivated. MOO

Also since much has been posted though not corroborated about possible drug use by either/or FD and MT: when you are out on bond do they test you for drugs? Like initially when you report in do they test you for a baseline to see if any drugs are even in your system? I admit I do not know. Are you allowed to consume alcohol while you are out on bond?

I have no opinion on whether or not MT or FD use illegal drugs. I just don’t but I do know other posters do so I was curious as to whether or not they were tested per conditions of their bond.

I went through the first 5 pages of the media thread esp daily mail and can’t find anything but I did find a picture of FD and MT at a water ski tournament in June 2016 - he was flaunting her way back then! How did JD stay for another Year?
Police arrest estranged husband of missing mother of five in Connecticut and his girlfriend | Daily Mail Online
I’m not going to post it here though Children are in it
Yes, the affair started AT LEAST a year before JD left Farmington with the children. You have to give FD credit with how he lines up players on the bench! His strategy was no different in his first marriage IMO. My guess is that the first marriage split might have been more amicable as FD realized that with JD he had hit a personal financial "jackpot" so he just wanted to exit stage left as quickly as possible. But if you read through the timing of the early days relationship with JD it hard to not believe it wasn't stalking pure and simple and for a good long time. MOO

I think it’s one of two things:

He feared exposure, and couldn’t stand the hit to his ego that would come from the destruction of his well-to-do image.

He didn’t want people to know that he had built a financial house of cards, and didn’t want to face any potential legal ramifications.

Or, he hated Jennifer so much that he was going to make things as difficult as possible for her.

He might have done it, just because...

He may have consulted the divorce attorney in the first place because he hated Jennifer or because his initial reason for the marriage - easy money - dried up. Maybe he even wanted to marry the other woman, though I doubt it.

The first consultation would have included a discussion on how to affect his income after divorce in a positive way, the best being increased custody requiring Jennifer to provide financial support to him. If he had hidden income the discovery process would eventually reveal it. If he could prove Jennifer was mentally ill he might hit the big time with 100% custody and total control of the children's trust.

No one has declared her crazy and FD may have recently discovered that she would not have to pay him alimony from the trust fund and if she didn't have other income, he was sunk as far as maintaining his lifestyle.

All of the above could have sent his rage into "no woman is going to have this kind of hold over me" mode and it was all over but the shoutin'.

MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members