Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday, December 22nd:
*Pretrial Hearing-Remote (Violation & Assault charges) (@ 3:15pm ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – for *Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 56) arrested & charged (1/7/20) & arraigned (2/20/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. Held on $2M bond. Bond reduced (10/7/20) to $246K. Bond posted (10/19/20).
Court info from 1/7/20 thru 9/23/21 reference post #778 here:
Still Missing - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #54

11/11/21 Update: Pretrial hearing was rescheduled to 1/18/22. 12/20/21: On Monday morning, State detectives & their search dogs could be seen gathered in the southwest corner of the “mulch pile” off of Lapham Road & Merritt Expressway adjacent to Waveny Park. The area also is adjacent to a section of Lapham Road where Fotis Dulos parked a pickup truck on the morning of the murder. He then pedaled a bicycle to Jennifer’s Welles Lane house & waited for her, investigators have said in police affidavits, bound & killed her, cleaned up the scene & put her body & bicycle into her own black SUV, driving it back to Lapham Road & leaving the vehicle parked there for authorities to find.

*Charged (1/21/19) spousal sexual assault, disorderly conduct & 2nd degree unlawful restraint & on June 26, 2019 with violating of a protective order. Plead not guilty. $500 bond for each count.
*Divorce case - 11/6/20: Uncontested dissolution of divorce granted.
If bond made – on house arrest, surrender passport & no contact with co-defendants. Dulos’ former civil lawyer who represented Dulos against a $2.5 million civil lawsuit filed by his mother-in-law.

Court info from 2/14/20 thru 6/30/21 reference post #778 here:
Still Missing - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #54

7/27/21 Update: Violation charge awaiting disposition & assault charges will be a remote pretrial hearings rescheduled to 11/30/21. 11/30/21 Update: Violation charge still awaiting disposition & assault charges will have a remote hearing on 12/22/21.
*Michelle C. Tronconis (44/now 46) – Case #021178T, #0167364T & #0148553T: Pretrial hearing on 2/15/22.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it.

While I agree it would have been really risky to drive all the way back with the body, the fact that bloody zip ties and her clothes were found in Hartford (plus the long time spent at 80MS that afternoon, the bloody paper towels that looked like coffee he handed to MT there) suggests in that case a more elaborate (and for sure messy and risky) operation in the garage at Welles to get all that off, after which he brought back all that evidence for disposal in Hartford, which would be odd if he left the body in NC- wouldn’t he dump it somewhere like S. Norwalk or Bridgeport on the way home instead of taking it back to Farmington? There were also two plastic ponchos with blood on them, one with the hood cut off, and 2 mops, found in Hartford, suggesting a two person operation.
MOO.
Would paper towels bloodied that same day look the color of coffee? Or would they still be red?

Would paper towels bloodied that same day look the color of coffee? Or would they still be red?
Replying to my own question--here are discussions on blood residue. Couldn't find timeline for how long before blood goes from red to brown on a paper towel. Hopefully LE has had good forensics on those items found in the trash in Hartford. If it could've passed for "coffee", was it black coffee or cafe au lait?

https://www.quora.com/Does-blood-turn-brown-when-it-dries-on-paper-due-to-rusting-of-the-iron

Blood residue - Wikipedia

Not looking for a link, but in general bloodstains are brown. This is not precise, not waking up Chemistry Teacher Mr. Laughing for a real explanation -- but the iron in our blood sort of rusts.

A little Laughing used to be prone to nosebleeds, I gave up & ordered brown sheets at one point.

So, after sitting a while, brown.

jmho ymmv lrr

Yes. 3:15 p.m., so, hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Any news on his court hearing from yesterday? Any new court dates for these charges?

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

They would be dark(ish), I think-but not ever coffee colored IMO

Here’s an interesting article on bloodstain analysis as to color, with photos. Note that on the day the blood is shed the stains are still red. Fotis gave MT the paper towels on the same day JFD was presumed murdered. She told the detective that FD told her the substance on it was coffee. The SW said she told detective that it didn’t smell like coffee. To my mind it appeared from SW that she volunteered that info, and I thought she was intentionally casting doubt on what FD told her, to distance herself from him, to show she suspected it was something else. I was curious why LE didn't ask her what it did smell like. But then when I watched the video interview of MT by LE, I saw I was misled by the way the SW was worded. MT did not volunteer her opinion that the ppr twls didn’t smell like coffee, but the detective persistently asked her if they smelled like coffee, and she said—and demonstrated—that she didn’t smell them. IMO, LE should’ve asked her if the stuff Looked like coffee and asked her what color it was. On the first day it wouldn’t have looked like coffee. That might’ve cast doubt on whether FD did tell her it was coffee (and whether he would’ve had to tell her that if he told her what happened in NC.

Evidence Technology Magazine - Bloodstains: Detection and Age Estimation

Not looking for a link, but in general bloodstains are brown. This is not precise, not waking up Chemistry Teacher Mr. Laughing for a real explanation -- but the iron in our blood sort of rusts.

A little Laughing used to be prone to nosebleeds, I gave up & ordered brown sheets at one point.

So, after sitting a while, brown.

jmho ymmv lrr
Not doubting that Little Laughing's blood was brown on first day of shedding, but when I have cut myself (unintentionally) and dabbed it with a tissue, the blood on the tissue tossed in the wastebasket remained red the first day (and was disposed of thereafter, so I can't say how long before it turned brown). Also to my memory when my son was a child and got hurt, the blood stains on his clothing were still red the next day when they went into the wash machine.

Any news on his court hearing from yesterday? Any new court dates for these charges?

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

I’m not sure what was discussed in judge’s chambers on Wednesday regarding the status of his domestic violence cases involving his estranged wife.

I know the next court dates relating to those cases has been scheduled on 2.3.2022 and the court date relating to the conspiracy to commit murder case is still scheduled on 1.18.2022.

I’m not sure what was discussed in judge’s chambers on Wednesday regarding the status of his domestic violence cases involving his estranged wife.

I know the next court dates relating to those cases has been scheduled on 2.3.2022 and the court date relating to the conspiracy to commit murder case is still scheduled on 1.18.2022.

Thank you LosAngeles! and a very Merry Christmas to you!
animated-smileys-christmas-042.gif

I’ll bet these two mutts will continue to leapfrog over each other to get the latest court date for the conspiracy charge.

Not doubting that Little Laughing's blood was brown on first day of shedding, but when I have cut myself (unintentionally) and dabbed it with a tissue, the blood on the tissue tossed in the wastebasket remained red the first day (and was disposed of thereafter, so I can't say how long before it turned brown). Also to my memory when my son was a child and got hurt, the blood stains on his clothing were still red the next day when they went into the wash machine.

Yeah, football mom here and my DS had some bloody turf burn on his forearm this season that got on his white away jersey during a really muddy game. I snapped some photos of the jersey before washing to document how muddy the thing was, and just looked back at the photo. The blood was definitely still red the next morning, timestamp is about 12 hours after the blood got on it. It probably varies depending on the surface that the blood is on, fiber content, how absorbent the surface is, etc. JMHO

Here’s an interesting article on bloodstain analysis as to color, with photos. Note that on the day the blood is shed the stains are still red. Fotis gave MT the paper towels on the same day JFD was presumed murdered. She told the detective that FD told her the substance on it was coffee. The SW said she told detective that it didn’t smell like coffee. To my mind it appeared from SW that she volunteered that info, and I thought she was intentionally casting doubt on what FD told her, to distance herself from him, to show she suspected it was something else. I was curious why LE didn't ask her what it did smell like. But then when I watched the video interview of MT by LE, I saw I was misled by the way the SW was worded. MT did not volunteer her opinion that the ppr twls didn’t smell like coffee, but the detective persistently asked her if they smelled like coffee, and she said—and demonstrated—that she didn’t smell them. IMO, LE should’ve asked her if the stuff Looked like coffee and asked her what color it was. On the first day it wouldn’t have looked like coffee. That might’ve cast doubt on whether FD did tell her it was coffee (and whether he would’ve had to tell her that if he told her what happened in NC.

Evidence Technology Magazine - Bloodstains: Detection and Age Estimation
Whenever I've spilled coffee in my car, it usually can be smelled for at least a day after it happened. Hmm.

Yeah, football mom here and my DS had some bloody turf burn on his forearm this season that got on his white away jersey during a really muddy game. I snapped some photos of the jersey before washing to document how muddy the thing was, and just looked back at the photo. The blood was definitely still red the next morning, timestamp is about 12 hours after the blood got on it. It probably varies depending on the surface that the blood is on, fiber content, how absorbent the surface is, etc. JMHO
Good forensic analysis!

Whenever I've spilled coffee in my car, it usually can be smelled for at least a day after it happened. Hmm.

And it smells like coffee AFAIK!

Like Starbucks, Michi, smells like Starbucks.

Blood, enough blood, smells like metal due to the iron:

Blood, containing Fe2+, also gives a metallic smell

Read more: The nose knows: Where does the smell of rust come from? | New Scientist

Not like Starbucks, Michi, not like Starbucks. According to Google Translate,
no como Starbucks.

In case you'd like a refresher:

Arrest warrants for Fotis Dulos, Michelle Troconis, Kent Mawhinney

jmho ymmv lrr

I think MT's post is about the new movie release "King Richard." I doubt potential jurors are following MT's social media.

It is about King Richard…but most people watch things like this and simply enjoy them. I don’t know anybody who posts about it with a picture later, comparing themselves wth the subject. Who is she trying to impress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven