Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The page for divorce proceedings is still up and just noticed this in JDs Mother’s lawsuit against FD
Ohhh Very interesting indeed! I really hope they get a default judgement and a judge may not be so willing to put up with excuses considering the other legal issues FD is facing and his civil attorney may not be as motivated to fight. JMO

And even if she had one herself with the children as beneficiaries (rather than him), he could assume if he got custody, he got control of the insurance money if not any trust funds for the kids. JMO

Yep! And after reading a few websites I’m convinced he knew full well if she was insured, for how much, and that he was the beneficiary. I bet he had a multiple 7-figure policy on her.

Timing seems to suggest that JD's father was the party to the loaning of money for the luxury home building and then he was paid back when the home sold. Then her father died in 2017 and things began to fall apart for him, his MIL sued him, his wife filed for divorce and moved out.
I wonder how much his FIL held the marriage and business together.
IDK, the cracks in the marriage must have been showing in 2016/2017 so I'm not sure many parents would be happy or supportive of their child staying in an abusive or destructive relationship. The role of FIL in Fore Group business will be interesting to learn more about as this case progresses. I also wonder perhaps how much the FIL knew about the marriage breaking down in 2016. We don't know the circumstances of JDs fathers death either as he might have been ill and so unable to be as involved as he might have wanted to had he been well. Unfortunately no details on his health. Here is his obituary from the NYTs:
Obituary

FARBER--Hilliard,

of New York, NY, died peacefully at home on Sunday, January 8, 2017. He was 83 years old and the devoted husband of Gloria Farber (nee Ortenberg), his wife of 58 years. He was born on June 20, 1933, in Rahway, NJ, the youngest of four children, to the late Rose and Ira Farber. He was a graduate of Rutgers University and earned his MBA from New York University. He served as an officer in the U.S. Air Force for three years after his college ROTC as a navigator for an air-to-air refueling squadron stationed in Anchorage, AK. He started his career at the Chase Manhattan Bank and quickly rose to be their youngest Senior Vice President, heading their bond trading desk. While at the bank, he was invited to serve as a Brookings Fellow in Washington, DC in 1964. In 1975, Hill founded Hilliard Farber & Co., a premier interdealer brokerage firm, and served as its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer until the sale of the firm to Tradeweb in 2008. He and his wife Gloria were longtime benefactors of St. Ann`s School in Brooklyn Heights, where Hill served on the board for 31 years. For his dedication to the school, the St. Ann's Lower School building is named in his and Gloria's honor. Hill also supported CARING at Columbia, a program to assist at risk children, for which Mrs. Farber serves as Chair. Hill was known for his intense devotion to his wife and family, his profound generosity and his unwavering loyalty to his friends. He will be missed most dearly. In addition to his beloved wife, he is survived by his daughter Melissa Irene Farber, of New York, NY, his daughter Jennifer Farber Dulos and her husband Fotis Dulos of Farmington, CT, his grandchildren Petros, Theodore, Christiane, Constantine, and Cleopatra Noelle Dulos, and his brother, Jerome Farber of Boca Raton, FL. Service: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 11am, at Temple Emanu-El, 5th Avenue at 65th Street. Interment to follow at Beth Israel Cemetery Woodbridge, NJ. The family asks that contributions in his memory be made to St. Ann's School or to CARING at Columbia.

Published in The New York Times on Jan. 10, 2017

I'd guess the insured must come into office w/ photo ID and have signature
witnessed or notarized.

Probably. But since they were legally married (which I forgot about when I posted that maybe it was a policy she didn’t know about) and neither could cancel or change life insurance policies during the case per court orders, it isn’t a reach to assume he knew she was insured and she knew he knew. I would assume two people with their assets and that many kids have a solid amount of life insurance for many years prior to their undoing.

IDK, the cracks in the marriage must have been showing in 2016/2017 so I'm not sure many parents would be happy or supportive of their child staying in an abusive or destructive relationship. The role of FIL in Fore Group business will be interesting to learn more about as this case progresses. I also wonder perhaps how much the FIL knew about the marriage breaking down in 2016. We don't know the circumstances of JDs fathers death either as he might have been ill and so unable to be as involved as he might have wanted to had he been well. Unfortunately no details on his health. Here is his obituary from the NYTs:
Obituary

FARBER--Hilliard,

of New York, NY, died peacefully at home on Sunday, January 8, 2017. He was 83 years old and the devoted husband of Gloria Farber (nee Ortenberg), his wife of 58 years. He was born on June 20, 1933, in Rahway, NJ, the youngest of four children, to the late Rose and Ira Farber. He was a graduate of Rutgers University and earned his MBA from New York University. He served as an officer in the U.S. Air Force for three years after his college ROTC as a navigator for an air-to-air refueling squadron stationed in Anchorage, AK. He started his career at the Chase Manhattan Bank and quickly rose to be their youngest Senior Vice President, heading their bond trading desk. While at the bank, he was invited to serve as a Brookings Fellow in Washington, DC in 1964. In 1975, Hill founded Hilliard Farber & Co., a premier interdealer brokerage firm, and served as its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer until the sale of the firm to Tradeweb in 2008. He and his wife Gloria were longtime benefactors of St. Ann`s School in Brooklyn Heights, where Hill served on the board for 31 years. For his dedication to the school, the St. Ann's Lower School building is named in his and Gloria's honor. Hill also supported CARING at Columbia, a program to assist at risk children, for which Mrs. Farber serves as Chair. Hill was known for his intense devotion to his wife and family, his profound generosity and his unwavering loyalty to his friends. He will be missed most dearly. In addition to his beloved wife, he is survived by his daughter Melissa Irene Farber, of New York, NY, his daughter Jennifer Farber Dulos and her husband Fotis Dulos of Farmington, CT, his grandchildren Petros, Theodore, Christiane, Constantine, and Cleopatra Noelle Dulos, and his brother, Jerome Farber of Boca Raton, FL. Service: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 11am, at Temple Emanu-El, 5th Avenue at 65th Street. Interment to follow at Beth Israel Cemetery Woodbridge, NJ. The family asks that contributions in his memory be made to St. Ann's School or to CARING at Columbia.

Can't help but wonder about his relationship with Dana Farber Institute? Wouldn't be a bit surprised. MOO.

If he was dropped off then it was planned. The decent clean up (housekeeper didn't notice blood) also makes me think it was planned. JMO.
That just got me thinking about the cleanup. IF planned, did they bring their own supplies? Or would they have known where JD would have kept hers? What happened to the items (trash, took them with them)? The fact that it was cleaned up enough that the housekeeper didn't notice, makes me think planning. JMO

That just got me thinking about the cleanup. IF planned, did they bring their own supplies? Or would they have known where JD would have kept hers? What happened to the items (trash, took them with them)? The fact that it was cleaned up enough that the housekeeper didn't notice, makes me think planning. JMO
All good questions but who knows? Perhaps it happened in her bathroom? Easy to mop up with towels and water. Maybe there wasn't that much blood? Just guessing.

This is how I think it could have happened.

FD either planned in advance to kill his wife, or he went there intent on confronting her.

His lady friend dropped him off, and he had a way to enter the house.
He knew when JD would be returning home, as she kept a regular schedule.

He killed her, cleaned up, loaded her body into her own vehicle, and dumped her body before dumping her vehicle.

He then called for a ride.

Cell phones and cameras will tell the story, if that is the case.
I think this scenario is pretty close but if he used her vehicle then I would think there is a lot of evidence in it IMO

Obituary

FARBER--Hilliard,

of New York, NY, died peacefully at home on Sunday, January 8, 2017. He was 83 years old and the devoted husband of Gloria Farber (nee Ortenberg), his wife of 58 years. In addition to his beloved wife, he is survived by his daughter Melissa Irene Farber, of New York, NY, his daughter Jennifer Farber Dulos and her husband Fotis Dulos of Farmington, CT, his grandchildren Petros, Theodore, Christiane, Constantine, and Cleopatra Noelle Dulos, and his brother, Jerome Farber of Boca Raton, FL.

Someone upthread mentioned that JD was related to Liz Claiborne. Liz Claiborne's husband, Arthur Ortenberg, was JD's mother Gloria Farber's brother. The more you know...

Arthur Ortenberg, a Liz Claiborne Founder, Dies at 87

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member