CT - Michael Skakel & the murder of Martha Moxley, Greenwich, 1975 *Not Guilty*

Seeing on CNN that skakel's conviction is being thrown out. I'm upset about that.

Me, too! And they have asked that he be released on bail :( "Inadequate counsel" when he had the best $$$ could buy.....
Makes you question that judge for sure.......

http://news.yahoo.com/kennedy-cousin-skakel-wins-trial-1975-death-210413870.html

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel was granted a new trial on Wednesday by a Connecticut judge who ruled his attorney failed to adequately represent him when he was convicted in 2002 of killing his neighbor in 1975.

The ruling by Judge Thomas Bishop marked a dramatic reversal after years of unsuccessful appeals by Skakel, the 52-year-old nephew of Robert F. Kennedy's widow, Ethel Kennedy. Skakel is serving 20 years to life.

Bridgeport State's Attorney John Smriga said prosecutors will appeal the decision.

I do not want a time out.... I do not use Smiles often, but I do not want a time out so I will simply :banghead:

I am SHOCKED. Now what? Is he going to walk away free?

It's True. Defense attorney Mickey Sherman must be celebrating tonight.

Sherman has said this is the only case he can't talk about because it upsets him so much. He has said Skakel was railroaded and wrongly convicted.

Skakel was convicted of a crime police say he committed as a teenager. The murder of Martha Moxley.

I decided to put this discussion here since it looks like Skakel is awaiting trial once again. Unless the state of CT can get the ruling reversed. Have no idea if that is even feasible.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-skakel-convicted-of-1975-teen-girl-slay?lite

From the "Trials" Thread

Old Today, 04:13 PM
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2003

Angry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing on CNN that skakel's conviction is being thrown out. I'm upset about that.

"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler".

Albert Einstein

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”.

Mahatma Gandhi

From the "Trials" thread

In memory: My dear friend Martha Mickel, kidnapped & murdered by Curtis Tyner. Join Date: May 2013

Angry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Me, too! And they have asked that he be released on bail "Inadequate counsel" when he had the best $$$ could buy.....
Makes you question that judge for sure.......

From the Trials thread

Registered User Join Date: Feb 2010

http://news.yahoo.com/kennedy-cousin...210413870.html

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel was granted a new trial on Wednesday by a Connecticut judge who ruled his attorney failed to adequately represent him when he was convicted in 2002 of killing his neighbor in 1975.

The ruling by Judge Thomas Bishop marked a dramatic reversal after years of unsuccessful appeals by Skakel, the 52-year-old nephew of Robert F. Kennedy's widow, Ethel Kennedy. Skakel is serving 20 years to life.

Bridgeport State's Attorney John Smriga said prosecutors will appeal the decision.

From the Trials thread
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2008

I do not want a time out.... I do not use Smiles often, but I do not want a time out so I will simply :headbang:

From the Trials thread

Verified Juanette Join Date: Jan 2011

I am SHOCKED. Now what? Is he going to walk away free?

Sanjay Gupta, sitting in for Anderson tonight on 'AC360 Later' had on Jeffrey Toobin and I think Robert Kennedy Jr discussing it. Thankfully Sanjay just kept quiet and let them talk. See if you can catch it in rerun.

Still absorbing this and his **** eating grin....too much to take for me today. Grrrrrrr.

News tonight verified he could up and
Bond out in days. I wanted to puke.

My opinon? What money can do. Never mind the girl he murdered. :banghead: :moo:

We are to believe he had a crappy lawyer?

Thud...

I have a bridge to sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

We are to believe he had a crappy lawyer?

Thud...

I have a bridge to sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes, we are to believe that...LOL

I saw this and thought, well, that Kennedy influence is finally working. I just don't think MS should be out among people. I hope Bobby Kennedy JR is pleased.

JMO

Maybe his new lawyer will advise him not to strut into court every day with his nose in the air and a smirk on his face. Hopefully, he'll be found guilty again - my view. I'm sorry for Martha's family.

Yes, we are to believe that...LOL

I saw this and thought, well, that Kennedy influence is finally working. I just don't think MS should be out among people. I hope Bobby Kennedy JR is pleased.

JMO

RFK, Jr. certainly is:

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., an environmental lawyer and cousin of Mr. Skakel’s who helped develop new evidence after Mr. Skakel was convicted, said he was happy with the decision. “A first-year law student from any of my classes would have done a better job than Mickey Sherman, who’s a very likable guy but was clearly interested — his ambition was to be a television lawyer and he thought this trial was going to be his ticket to that career,” he said. “He told a bar association meeting that he intended to have a lot of fun at that trial.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/24/n...in-75-killing-of-teenager-in-connecticut.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back