Identified! CT - New Britain, Wht/HispFem 175UFCT, 17-20, Sep'95 - Elizabeth Honsch

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one haunts me. Thanks for bumping it up..let's get some interest in this and figure out who she is!!!!

I have her on my MySpace for UIDs.

plz do not post post mortem pics without warning because it is disturbing to some people.

plz do not post post mortem pics without warning because it is disturbing to some people.

Just put up warning, thanks!

ETA ..we may need to put a sticky relating since this is UID area...good thinking. I am so used to it, didn't even think of this.

They do look similar but I am not sure about the earlobes...

I wonder if the large earrings in Omayra's photo could be weighty enough to make her earlobes appear larger, as it does appear Jane Doe's earlobes are smaller, probably attached.

Police: Two Cold Cases May Be Linked
New Britain, Massachusetts, and New York Police To Discuss Cases Tuesday

NBC-TV/ Connecticut
By ANJULI PORTER
Updated 12:45 PM EDT, Sat, Sep 19, 2009
The cases have been cold for over 14 years, but police are hoping for a break in two unsolved murders in Connecticut and Massachusetts. The first murder happened in September 1995 when police discovered a woman’s body behind the Brittany West Plaza in New Britain. Authorities said she had been killed by a single gunshot wound to the head, her body wrapped in a sleeping bag.
The second case from Tolland, Massachusetts where a woman’s body was found near the entrance to the Tolland State Forest just a month later in October 1995.
Neither of the bodies were ever identified but police think the two cases may be linked.
New Britain Police Detectives and Massachusetts State Police detectives think the two women might have lived or spent time in the Albany, N.Y. area and could somehow be related.
New Britain Police Lt. James Wardwell said, “These cases are moving in a positive direction after all these years,” and added the two police agencies will be joined by New York State Troopers Tuesday for a press conference in Albany to discuss evidence they’ve collected, including photographs of the victims’ clothing and their possessions.
Wardell hopes that by displaying some of the evidence, people with knowledge of the crimes or the women will come forward.
He said police never stopped investigating the case and are hoping a break in one case can help them solve both.
Source:
NBC-TV/ Connecticut
www.nbcconnecticut.com/.../Police-Two-Cold-Cases-May-Be-Linked--59861127.html

New information was released today by authorities in Massachusetts, New York, and Connecticut linking the case in Tolland and this case. To summarize:

-Both victims are strongly thought to be related by a blood relationship such as mother/daughter, two sisters, or even a aunt and niece situation. Officials did not reveal what evidence led them to believe this nor could they could confirm that both cases were definitively related.

-Never before released information about the Tolland victim revealed that a cigarette pack with a tax stamp originating in the Albany, NY area was found near the victim and are thought to belong to her.

-Officials released the name of three retailers which sold the shirt the Tolland victim was found in. The shirt was sold in Schenectady, NY, Colonie, NY, and Saratoga Springs, NY and was thought to be bought sometime in 1994.

-Officials also confirmed that they felt whomever killed the victims probably used the interstate state route 8 which runs near both New Britain and Tolland.

My post about it and links to profiles of the case can be found at: http://newenglandunsolved.blogspot.com/2009/09/update-authorities-announce-possible.html

News conference footage can be found at: YouTube - New Britain cold case

One point not discussed at the news conference that I noted going over some notes from the past is that this victim in New Britain appears to have been shot someplace else and then left behind the plaza. In the case in Tolland the woman was shot on site. I wonder if this gives police some sort of timeline or idea to what might have happened before the shootings.

Will some one please contact LE and have this DOE put in NAMUS.

I just saw on the news that police received several more leads from the Albany area and are investigating them (no details yet). I'm hoping this case is on the verge of being solved, and these two poor women finally get justice. I'm also wondering if the DNA from these two was compared against the other UIDs found in New Britain?

a new retouched pic released...

http://www.newbritainherald.com/articles/2009/10/14/news/doc4ad68b8f54ec0309738348.txt

doc4ad68b8f54ec0309738348.jpg

Sevi if you believe this is your friend's aunt you should really have your friend call the police immediately. They are working very hard to identify this young lady and I'm sure they would take any tips called in seriously. You or your friend may remain anonymous if you/they need to. The police will have far more information than we could ever hope to have.

You said your friend's aunt was missing in 1993... this Jane Doe was definitely shot on September 28, 1995. She could have definitely been missing prior to that date but I just wanted to point out the date discrepancy. Good luck and let us know if anything pans out.

I believe that this is the case that Sevi was talking about.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/velasquez_omayra.html

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200401208S

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1407dfct.html

Looks fairly close to me. This is the same woman who was mentioned earlier in this thread. If this is Omayra, The next question would be who is the woman who was killed along with her? The Doe Network profile indicates that they believe that the women were related (possibly mother and daughter).

http://doenetwork.org/cases/187ufma.html

Sevi: Is the mother (or any other female relative) of your friend's aunt also missing?

This girl looks very young to me probably 11-13 years of age at the most. It looks like she still has her baby fat present in her face. I think she is younger than they realize and this might be the issue identifying this one.

This girl looks very young to me probably 11-13 years of age at the most. It looks like she still has her baby fat present in her face. I think she is younger than they realize and this might be the issue identifying this one.

Are you referring to the first doe? 1995?
I think the swelling is due to the gun shot.
Based on the clothes she was wearing, I don't really think those are clothes for 11-13 year olds. JMO, but with the jewelry and such, I think she was definitely older than 11-13.

I am referring to the one with the gunshot. I think she looks alot younger than what they estimate. As for the clothing...you just cant go by that these days when you have major dept. stores that are selling thong underwear in the little girls clothing dept. I think this one is young but its just my own observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa