Still Missing CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019 *arrest* #2

Just omg and is norm doing this probono
IMO highly unlikely.

More likely IMO is that he is being paid by the State or the City of New Haven.

Atty. P. has long had an 'off the books' arrangement to represent clients at the State's and certain towns/cities request and oddly enough the official paperwork associated with being part of the process of working for the State never seems to be on file.

The State of CT has official approval requirements to do the work and requires paperwork including firm information etc. Seems an 'ongoing exception' exists for the firm of Pattis and Smith and nobody can figure out why, but it has been going for years.

MOO

Last edited:
Some info on PCP aka Angel Dust (is chemically very similar to Ketamine)

Phencyclidine - Wikipedia

PCP (Angel Dust): Effects, Hazards & Extent of Use - Drugs.com

What is PCP | What Happens When Someone Takes PCP

Mental Health Problems Due to PCP Drug
Because PCP causes hallucinations, for many people, this can become dangerous. Anxiety, delirium, paranoia, and an inability to distinguish reality from fantasy are hallmark symptoms of PCP intoxication. The individual could become aggressive because of their paranoia or panic attacks, and lash out at themselves or the people around them. They could believe things that are not true, called delusions; these could be delusions of grandeur, including the ability to fly, or paranoid delusions, including the sensation that everyone is trying to harm them. They could experience amnesia or memory loss.

Reading the AW details, it doesn't seem like he was trying to hide his presence or involvement. He must be really dumb or suffer a total loss of reality. I just couldn't believe what I was reading. And after reading about his interaction with his mother, I don't believe any of them have the baby or would be involved in hiding her. I am really fearful of her fate more so now. jmo. He may not even remember what he did with her.

By the items missing, I believe the goal was to keep the baby alive.
The car seat would be needed to transport her wherever he took her. And he didn't even make sure she had both shoes on...and it was cold enough to snow. That poor child.

dbm I was gonna say something stupid.

I’m still holding out hope that Vanessa is still alive. I hope Jose Passed her off to one of his relatives to raise her, thinking that he might be arrested for the murder of Christine since he’s an obvious suspect. IMO

Some info on PCP aka Angel Dust (is chemically very similar to Ketamine)

Phencyclidine - Wikipedia

PCP (Angel Dust): Effects, Hazards & Extent of Use - Drugs.com

What is PCP | What Happens When Someone Takes PCP

Mental Health Problems Due to PCP Drug
Because PCP causes hallucinations, for many people, this can become dangerous. Anxiety, delirium, paranoia, and an inability to distinguish reality from fantasy are hallmark symptoms of PCP intoxication. The individual could become aggressive because of their paranoia or panic attacks, and lash out at themselves or the people around them. They could believe things that are not true, called delusions; these could be delusions of grandeur, including the ability to fly, or paranoid delusions, including the sensation that everyone is trying to harm them. They could experience amnesia or memory loss.

JM has a history of attacking his girlfriends while high on PCP. Reading the arrest warrant, he was high on PCP the weekend he (allegedly) murdered Vanessa’s mother.

Reading the arrest warrant I can see why the police are/were holding out hope that Vanessa is still alive. What I don’t understand is JM friend Hector’s role. Hector was caught lying multiple times by LE, but is that because he didn’t want to get in trouble w/LE for the drugs or bc he was involved w/the crime? I admit my mind went to the worst scenario, what if JM and Hector traded Vanessa for a drug debt? This case is just brutal and sad.

Suspect in Ansonia homicide told ex-girlfriend he would ‘break all her bones’

“During a June 2012 incident, the woman's mother called Meriden police saying her daughter's boyfriend was high on PCP and had her daughter pinned to the floor while he was saying, "I'm going to break all your bones," court records said. The girlfriend denied that anything happened that night when police arrived but admitted she had a protective order against Morales "because they had gotten into a fight while on PCP,”

Last edited:
The car seat would be needed to transport her wherever he took her. And he didn't even make sure she had both shoes on...and it was cold enough to snow. That poor child.
Would he care that much about the car seat if he was going to kill her?

This case is local to me (I feel like I’m saying that a lot lately, I’m not sure WHAT is going on in CT right now) and I constantly have my eyes peeled for Vanessa or her car seat. A pink booster seat was dumped by the front entrance to the driveway of my job the other day, which is strange because this particular location (I work at more than one for my company) is in Farmington, which is a well-off, white collar area, and there’s no “junk” or abandon items anywhere. I practically jumped out of my car thinking it could be her car seat and realized while I got close it was a toddler booster seat and not VM’s seat.

He did have the car seat though. And the base apparently. That, along with a blanket and some other baby items are missing from the home and have yet to be located.
If I read the AW correctly, he left, at one point, in her new car that would already have the base in it. I pray he wanted to keep her alive, but there are other options he could have done that those items would be needed. I think he just grabbed what was handy and had no rational plan.
Just my opinion as I don't know anything about the behaviour of a person on PCP. Except he obviously could beat a woman to death...one I have to believe he cared about.
Does anyone think the unknown DNA could be Hector's and they haven't released that info?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back