Darlie Kee

If that's true (and I don't think it is), it makes the murders all the more abhorrent.

I can see Darlie losing control and stabbing the boys in a fit of rage. But if Darlie and Darin each stabbed one child, then you have an act that was coldly calculated and premeditated. It would have required planning. Who's going to go first? Who is going to kill which child? When and how are we going to do it?

It sends chills up my spine to even think about it.

JMHO

Jim

JimPence said:
If that's true (and I don't think it is), it makes the murders all the more abhorrent.

I can see Darlie losing control and stabbing the boys in a fit of rage. But if Darlie and Darin each stabbed one child, then you have an act that was coldly calculated and premeditated. It would have required planning. Who's going to go first? Who is going to kill which child? When and how are we going to do it?

It sends chills up my spine to even think about it.

JMHO

Jim

I agree Jim and I don't think that's what happened. I'm definately no expert on reading blood patterns, but I don't think what was found supports that theory at all.

I also agree. I think the chances that both Darin and Darlie were cold blood child killers is remote to say the least. Unless we are talking about two sociopaths here (again what are the chances?) I find it very difficult to believe that they would sit down and discuss the murder of their sons together and plan it out. I think Darin is somehow involved in a cover-up (either deliberately or subconciously) but I don't think the evidence points to him having the knife in his hand (unless it was perhaps the bread knife...).

BTW- Jim... was interested to hear about your prison ministry. I went to a seminar a number of years ago by a group who did prison ministry here in Sydney and was really interested. One of the people at our church is also a prison chaplain and it is very encouraging to hear how God changes the hearts of some of those he has ministered too. I'm going to theological college for 4 years as of 2005 and am leaving it open as an option when I have completed it.

I just thought of something. Maybe Darin is not involved in the killing of the boys, but he knows Darlie did it and helped cover it up. Perhaps the reason that he helped cover for her and supports her is because Darlie has knowledge of other (unrelated or not), criminal activities Darin has been involved in, and she threatens to spill the beans about those if Darin doesn't tow the line.

What do you guys think?

I just thought of something. Maybe Darin is not involved in the killing of the boys, but he knows Darlie did it and helped cover it up. Perhaps the reason that he helped cover for her and supports her is because Darlie has knowledge of other (unrelated or not), criminal activities Darin has been involved in, and she threatens to spill the beans about those if Darin doesn't tow the line.

What do you guys think?

Possible. If Darin is actively covering for her (and did so on the night) then whatever it is that she is holding over him has to be bad enough that he would decide pretty much on the spot to protect the murder of his two little boys... or else he just loves her so much that he would do anything to protect her.

They are sure sick and twisted to allow those boys to be dug and and have the bodies hands cut off. What evil selfish people they are, especially as they know fully damn well they did it and covered up (albeit poorly :doh: )
They have no sense of remorse or decent compassion.

cherub said:
They are sure sick and twisted to allow those boys to be dug and and have the bodies hands cut off. What evil selfish people they are, especially as they know fully damn well they did it and covered up (albeit poorly :doh: )
They have no sense of remorse or decent compassion.

I think that is a bit harsh on Darlie Kee really. I think she is a very strong woman who is fighting for her daughter's life. I also think she truly believes Darlie is innocent. It was probably agonising for her to know her little grandbabies had to be exhumed and have their hands removed.

I too am a mother, a single mother for that matter and I was young 19 when I had my daughter. But I can honesty say with out a doubt that if my daughter did what Darlie did I would not be fighting to save my daughter's life I would be fighting for my two poor dead Grandson's memory and dignity. Now I am not saying I would not love my daughter any longer, I would but you would not catch me spending one single cent on her defense or feeling one bit sorry for her. I am sure Darlie Kee has even more information then we are all privy too and if she is that blind and thinks her daughter is innocent then I can honestly say that poor women needs help.

I am all for being there for your children but what Darlie did is wrong and she deserves to be punished for actions, my goodness I am sorry but again I ask the question who stands up for Damon and Devon...........not even their own father, grandmother or relatives......strangers who only have come to know them because of this terrible crime are the one who are here for them.

As far as Darin goes if he is covering up for her in fear of her knowing something about him such as drugs, illegal activities.........come on your not the "GodFather" or the ring leader of the "Mafia" I can't imagine that whatever Darin has done that she knows about is worth helping the mother of your children who stabbed them in cold blood while they slept. All I have to say is if that is what his fear is he must have done something more horrific then Darlie, and I find that hard to imagine. I believe he covered up for her not sure why, maybe he was scared in the beginning but he must know now whatever she has on him is nothing compared to what he has on her. These are two of the most self absorbed, selfish, people I have ever seen.

:woohoo: I have been waiting to use this guy! haha Just a big happy smile that CAGE SCRUGGINS has been FOUND!!!!!!!! He is OK and dad is in JAIL!:clap: Blessings, annie

annie mae said:
:woohoo: I have been waiting to use this guy! haha Just a big happy smile that CAGE SCRUGGINS has been FOUND!!!!!!!! He is OK and dad is in JAIL!:clap: Blessings, annie

:confused:

:doh: Lisa I am soooo sorry about my message, I guess I thought everyone worked for "Dion":) We had an Amber Alert here in Tulsa earlier this week. Dad took son after slapping mom and child's mom around, then fled to Tulsa. Cage Scruggins was the little guy's name and he was found safe and sound. Grandmother and mother are fine too. I apologize again, I am kinda knew to this Forum posting but I am learning.:) Blessings, annie

I think if your on death row and you KNOW someone else helped or may have committed the crime, ie; your husband, i just think you would probably rat them out to save your a$$

londonPI said:
I think if your on death row and you KNOW someone else helped or may have committed the crime, ie; your husband, i just think you would probably rat them out to save your a$$

If it would save Darlie's, I'm sure she would do so. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Since she's already been convicted of the crime and there is no evidence to prove that she didn't do it, the best they could do is arrest and try the second perpetrator. The bottom line is that Darlie would be executed anyway. If they roll over on each other, Darlie is going to lose that support group they've got going for her and I don't think Darlie could life not being able to play the poor little victim in this case.

Is there an approximate date set for her execution?
Thanks.

Kalypso said:
Is there an approximate date set for her execution?
Thanks.

No, not yet. She's not finished with the appeals process. This last appeal, however, was denied very quickly.

How many appeals is someone allowed???? Is there a set amount? Or once they have reached that then they are done??? Or can they just keep appealing on and on?

MistyGirl said:
How many appeals is someone allowed???? Is there a set amount? Or once they have reached that then they are done??? Or can they just keep appealing on and on?

It depends on the case to be honest. Darlie's is different in that there were problems with the trial transcript. The appeal cannot be started until the transcript is reviewed by the appellate attorney. There were literally hundreds of errors in Darlie's transcript. The court reporter eventually lost her license and had to repay the state for having them redone. Luckily, there is also audio tapes, so a new court reporter was able to come in and redo them. The defense claims that one of the pre-trial motions audio was misplaced and therefore not a part of the official transcript, thereby making it uncertifiable. The court did not agree and it was indeed certified. She's lost two appeals now in the state. She's still got the federal level to go and then she'll appeal to the Governor - whoever that is by then!

cherub said:
what floored me was that the family would publish death photos of the boys for the world to see. Were that my loved one it would break my heart way too much to even look upon my boys in death let alone flaunt them like that just to try to win favor. :doh: it was disgusting.

I would certainly say it totally backfired on them. I had to look at those photos,as startling as they are, to try and understand why a perfect stranger would do that to two little boys, two sleeping boys, and then only scratch up the mother, the adult, who was right there with the children and could have identified him/her.

Her next appeal is actually January 25th. She is trying despretly to get the bloody fingerprint that was found at the scene tested. WHich it should have been done anyway. How is she on death row when there was a bloody fingerprint found that was determined not to b elong to anyone that lived there, visited there, police or emergency techs.
That is definetly resonable doubt. If they do not DNA test that blood something is stinking in TX.

Kelly Sons said:
Her next appeal is actually January 25th. She is trying despretly to get the bloody fingerprint that was found at the scene tested. WHich it should have been done anyway. How is she on death row when there was a bloody fingerprint found that was determined not to b elong to anyone that lived there, visited there, police or emergency techs.
That is definetly resonable doubt. If they do not DNA test that blood something is stinking in TX.

The fingerprint has certainly not been identified as not belonging to Darlie. An expert with very impressive credentials was able to exclude every other person on the scene except one of Darlies fingers. The defense's own expert concluded that the fingerprint was twice as likely to have belonged to an adult female rather than an adult male.

There is a difference of opinion between experts on this (just as two defense experts completely contradict each other on another print in the house) but regardless of what Darlie's support team like to say it was not been shown beyond any reasonable doubt that the print in the living room was not from Darlie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back