Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

54. When she had fallen asleep on the couch, the appellant was wearing panties. As she was being loaded into the ambulance to go to the hospital, she was no longer wearing them, and they were never recovered. She also testified to a vague recollection of feeling "pressure" on her right leg as she was waking up. She told one of the nurses that she had felt "a pressure down there."

55. A police officer during a pretrial hearing testified that a rape kit was done. But, as even the appellant acknowledged in a letter brief to the convicting court dated June 30, 2006, that police officer "now recalls that a rape kit was discussed but never performed."

Well, isn't this priceless? Part of the prosecutor's circumstantial evidence was that Darlie's story changed. And now we read at least one police officer's story changed, too. And about some potentially very, very important evidence, too.

That IS Classic

A Rape kit was done
Changed to
A rape kit was not done just discussed

So Im curious was a rape kit done?? I think she is guilty as sin but I sure would like to know that because I never heard that part about her and the panties, but then again I havent kept up with the whole thing for a while.

Darlie's statement that her panties were missing is just another red-herring thrown in to confuse things. She claims she went to sleep wearing panties and didn't miss them until Darin asked her 'Darlie, where are your panties?' as she was put onto the ambulance stretcher. Just part of her staging.

Sooo, the "perp" murdered her children and sexually assaulted her?

Was the motive "rape" and the boys got in the way? The "perp" had to kill the small defenseless boys to get to the mother?

Or was the motive to murder the boys and the perp, upon finishing the job, decided that, hey, the mother is right there, why not get a little "action" with the mother, rather than get away and escape detection for murder?

It defies common sense to think that there was possibly a sexual assault.

imho

Believing in any of Darlie's stories, one would have to defy both logic and common sense on the part of the intruder and Darlie.

I don't know enough about this case to say whether I feel she is innocent or not, but what I don't understand is how could she cut her own throat so close to the carotid artery. Was she a nurse and knew just how deep and where to cut? so as not to kill herself? or was her intent to kill herself? If not and it was staged then why not stab yourself in the stomach or somewhere no so close to a main artery? Why not give herself defense wounds on her arms? I don't know that is what bothers me. Was she right handed or left handed cause if she was right handed the slash to the throat would be on her left and vise versa if she were left handed.

She herself suffered a number of wounds, including a slash across her neck that came perilously close to severing her carotid artery. She denied having stabbed her sons.

I don't know enough about this case to say whether I feel she is innocent or not, but what I don't understand is how could she cut her own throat so close to the carotid artery. Was she a nurse and knew just how deep and where to cut? so as not to kill herself? or was her intent to kill herself? If not and it was staged then why not stab yourself in the stomach or somewhere no so close to a main artery? Why not give herself defense wounds on her arms? I don't know that is what bothers me. Was she right handed or left handed cause if she was right handed the slash to the throat would be on her left and vise versa if she were left handed.

Well if she wanted to throw them off she could have used the opposite hand.

Is was probably a "feeble" suicide attempt, then when it hurt, she hesitated.

Yes I do think the injuries were self inflicted, a similar method was used in the Vaughan killings. Remember when the "husband" was the only one left alive after his wife and kids were killed. He told LE, that he was "shot at by his wife, who then proceed to kill the kids.

But, that is the self serving narrative of his story. He was shot, and is now on trial for the murders of his family.

I do believe that either Darlie a)attempted a "feeble" attempt at suicide or b)as an afterthought, after killing her kids her "idea" was to injure herself and then "blame" it on the intruder.

An intruder, is going to go for the most harm in the biggest area. If an intruder did this, Darlie a)would not be alive b)stabbed in the stomach area and c)blood was not going to be cleaned up over the sink where it had dripped from her "wound".

Funny how some people are "stuck" on the idea that a person could not injure themselves vs. spending the rest of their lives in prison.

An "intruder" would not hesitate to fatally injure Darlie, there would be no evidence of "hesitation" wounds.........the "intruder" just stabbed to death two children, why would he then hesitate to "fatally" stab the mother in the same way...and hesitate in doing so.......

So yes, I believe in Darlie's weird and warped mind that this "would be evidence" of an intruder........but some are not easily fooled, especially when forensics are involved.

More forensic testing granted in Darlie Lynn Routier child death case

[SIZE=-1]10:06 AM CST on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By TIARA M. ELLIS / The Dallas Morning News
tellis@dallasnews.com
[/SIZE]

For the second time in five months, convicted child killer Darlie Lynn Routier has been granted the right to more forensic testing of evidence in her effort to prove that an intruder killed her two sons in 1996.
This month, a federal judge granted additional testing of a bloody sock; new forensic testing of a butcher knife presented in the original trial as the murder weapon, as well as new testing of fibers from another knife; and permission to run four fingerprints through a national database.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/111908dnmetroutier.3a4387e.html

Again, Darlie has put forth "the intruder" theory and what is she going to do when her "lawyers" fight like heck to have the test done.

She is not going to stop them. I think at this point, Darlie "really" does believe an "intruder" came in and killed the kids.

Do you know how many guilty people "grasp" at straws through DNA.

A man who "had a lot of people" supporting him, gained national news, with very many prominent people was put to death for the "crime" that he committed.

Well to "prove" that they were all right, including the criminal, a "independent" person did do the DNA test after he was put to death. This was in an "attempt" to prove that they were all right and the "justice" system got it wrong and put an "innocent" man to death.

The DNA test proved the justice system was right and this "man" manipulated EVERYONE while he was alive.

I have again no doubt(hopefully) when these test are done, it will finally be put to rest that "Darlie is guilty of the crime that she committed and is on death row for.

Again, Darlie has put forth "the intruder" theory and what is she going to do when her "lawyers" fight like heck to have the test done.

She is not going to stop them. I think at this point, Darlie "really" does believe an "intruder" came in and killed the kids.

Do you know how many guilty people "grasp" at straws through DNA.

A man who "had a lot of people" supporting him, gained national news, with very many prominent people was put to death for the "crime" that he committed.

Well to "prove" that they were all right, including the criminal, a "independent" person did do the DNA test after he was put to death. This was in an "attempt" to prove that they were all right and the "justice" system got it wrong and put an "innocent" man to death.

The DNA test proved the justice system was right and this "man" manipulated EVERYONE while he was alive.

I have again no doubt(hopefully) when these test are done, it will finally be put to rest that "Darlie is guilty of the crime that she committed and is on death row for.

Bold is mine, except I would change the ending to INNOCENT of the crime she has been put on Death row for.

I truly hope that its that way.

Any guesses on how long it will take to get the DNA test results back?

Does the defense have to make the results public if not favorable? If they don't, does the state have the right to let the public know the results?

Darlie's case is now in it's federal appeals. Judge Ferguson has granted her limited dna testing on some of the evidence. Let's move away from the trial and discuss the dna tests if anyone is interested.

I've read Judge Ferguson's report and although he stops short of calling these tests a fishing expedition, he alludes to it. He does however believe Darlie should have the tests done as he finds some anamolies with some of the evidence.

Remember too that the burden of proof is now on Darlie. She must prove no reasonable juror would have found her guilty based on new evidence.

Darlie has been granted testing on the sock, limb hairs, a pubic hair, the murder weapon, the bread knife with the screen debris, the four unidentified patent prints (where did the other two come from?), the window and window screen.

The sock: They are testing the sock to determine if it contains Darlie's saliva. There's no reason to believe the sock was ever in Darlie's mouth but since it was found outside Judge Ferguson agreed to testing.

Limb and pubic hairs. I think this testing is a waste of time and money in this case. DNA tests on limb hairs is not as precise as nucleur dna but since these limb hairs don't have a root, they can only do mitochrondial dna tests which are less precise. Pubic hairs do have roots and can be subjected to nucleur dna tests. The pubic hair and the limb hairs must match if they are going to help Darlie.

In my opinion which will be no surprise I don't think these tests will exonerate Darlie or get her a new trial. The bulk of the incriminating evidence is not being tested. The shirt is out as is all documenation referring to previous tests. Grasping at straws is my opinion on these tests.

IMO it's all one great, big fat waste of time. However I say let's get it on and over and done with once and for all so they may proceed with her sentence of death. It is well deserved and I feel firmly she's got it coming to her!

(snip)The bulk of the incriminating evidence is not being tested. The shirt is out as is all documentation referring to previous tests. Grasping at straws is my opinion on these tests.

Oh Cami! How true is that! Darlie is not testing the evidence that would keep her in jail! :behindbar

She is only testing evidence in hopes to create some sort of reasonable doubt. That ship has sailed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back