***Day 2 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't believe all these witnesses heard a woman scream and not one of them called the police. I think they were discussing the same thing on 97.3 this morning (I only caught a minute of it mid conversation). Just amazes me that people don't think that someone might be in grave danger and need help. Allison might still be alive today if just one of them had called 000. They must all feel terrible. A lesson to us all I guess.

Playing the devil's advocate here a little - I heard what I thought was an awful scream a few months ago.....but because it only happened once I wasn't quite "sure". I didn't call the police because I had no idea what direction it came from or anything really except the time which I noted in case anything had happened. I doubt the police would patrol the area - unless lots of people rang up and reported a woman's scream - people yell out all the time and it's not always because they are in trouble. Also, unless you are certain of what house a scream comes from, or the screaming is prolonged, the police would not have any idea where to go and could not save a person anyway. However, if certain of trouble in a household, please always ring the police and report it - you can always say you don't want your neighbours to know!

John Taylor‏@_JohnTaylor_

Gerard Baden-Clay's lawyer on the other hand can speak to him in the dock @abcnews

The 3wk delay - not concerning for me. Look at all these witnesses! I'm sure none of them have a notebook they jotted down the details in and we aren't immediately doubting them - AND it's been almost a year since it happened. I'm sure when their statements were taken it would have been a similar if not longer timeframe.

Why didn't they ask Flegg about the roundabout camera thing that gbc rang him about???????

Does anyone else think it is strange that his parents arent there to support him?

I hope the prosecution has more damning evidence that what they have presented so far.

For me, the weak link is 'no cause of death.'

The real test will be convincing a jury of GBC's guilt 'beyond reasonable doubt.'
His defence team will be working overtime to sow the seeds of doubt.

New witness. Constable Liam Braumburger @abcnews #BadenClay

I find it very strange.

If I believed my son was innocent you wouldnt keep me away from the court.

I think they are too worried about appearances, then again that granny pash still haunts me lol.

First cop at scene hunted for blood

ROLLING COVERAGE11:13AMKate Kyriacou POLICE officer who responded to disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay said he noticed cuts on husband's face, but could find no sign of blood.

I don't know. If I was a judge, the screams heard from various people would be enough for me to call a trial. It's only half way through Day 2, lets not get too dejected yet.

Yep. If I was a judge, the scratches would have been enough....but let's see what else comes out over the coming days

Look GBC was in deep s**t , and add to that his wife was struggling with depression.
No prior suicide attempts, No self harm, No time in Mental wards, and she sort medical help and was prescribed Zoloft. Nothing too out of the ordinary and quite common.

So, I think this depression information is very helpful to the prosecutor only, because it gives weight to the theory that GBC was under so much more pressure, because his wife needed him and therefore his children needed him as well.
Allisons depression does not support the theory that she suicided, it just supports the theory that GBC was a ticking time bomb and snapped.

Allison, could never had walked out that far in the middle of the night. The Defence might look good in the court room, all puffed up and challenging, but, this argument simply holds no weight.
And no sightings of a woman walking that night? Please!!!

Look GBC was in deep s**t , and add to that his wife was struggling with depression.
No prior suicide attempts, No self harm, No time in Mental wards, and she sort medical help and was prescribed Zoloft. Nothing too out of the ordinary and quite common.

So, I think this depression information is very helpful to the prosecutor only, because it gives weight to the theory that GBC was under so much more pressure, because his wife needed him and therefore his children needed him as well.
Allisons depression does not support the theory that she suicided, it just supports the theory that GBC was a ticking time bomb and snapped.

Allison, could never had walked out that far in the middle of the night. The Defence might look good in the court room, all puffed up and challenging, but, this argument simply holds no weight.
And no sightings of a woman walking that night? Please!!!

Good way of looking at it.

Constable Liam Braumburger was a counter officer helping deal with missing person info on Allison Baden-Clay. @abcnews

The defense is probably playing on the fact that if someone is depressed, there is the potential for suicide. You don't need to have been hospitalised, or admitted suicidal thoughts for this to be considered possible. In fact, even individuals who don't appear depressed can suicide. I think this is where the 'reasonable doubt' argument comes in.

Based on what I know, I obviously don't believe Allison commited suicide -what really has me convinced of this is that there was no note (that we know of) left for her girls or her parents. She would have wanted to say goodbye to them IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member