DC DC - Davante Richardson, 28, vehicle found 1600 miles away in Wyoming, 22 Jul 2020

mlhenn

Reaction score
Davante Richardson | missingpersons

The Metropolitan Police Department is seeking the public’s assistance in locating 28-year-old Davante Richardson, who was last seen in the Unit block of Mississippi Avenue, Southeast, on Wednesday, July 22, 2020.

The incident was reported Monday, July 27, 2020.

Davante Richardson is described as a black male, with a medium brown complexion, 6’1” in height, 170 pounds, with short black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a blue shirt and gray sweat pants. Davante Richardson is believed to be operating a blue 2016 Jeep Compass bearing D.C. tags #GD1855.

upload_2021-1-28_21-21-22.jpeg

Missing D.C. man unaccounted for, vehicle found over 1,600 miles away in Wyoming

A D.C. man is missing under what police are calling "extremely suspicious circumstances," and authorities say his vehicle was located over 1,600 miles away in Wyoming.

Police say Richardson's blue 2016 Jeep Compass with D.C. tags #GD1855 was found in Wyoming but Richardson is unaccounted for.

Missing D.C. resident’s vehicle last seen in Greybull area | County 10™

The Big Horn County Sheriff’s Office shared they are actively assisting the Washington, D.C. Metro Police Department with the investigation of missing 28-year-old Davante Richardson, from their jurisdiction.

Davante’s vehicle was last seen in Big Horn County in the Greybull area, according to the latest location update from the BHCSO. Please note, this was a few days ago. County 10 has not been able to find any other updates about Richardson’s whereabouts.

Search continues for D.C. man missing for six months

A little more than six months have passed since the discovery of an abandoned vehicle on an off-the- beaten-path haul road east of Greybull and investigators are still no closer to solving the mystery of what became of Devante Richardson.

The 28-year-old resident of Washington, D.C., told family members on Monday, July 20 that he was “going to see his buddy” — believed to be Kanye West, whom, it should be noted, he’d never met. That was the last time any of them saw or heard from him.

Monday, July 27, Richardson’s dark-colored Jeep Compass was found on a dirt road in the Greybull area.

When it was still there two days later, on Wednesday, July 29, it was reported to the Big Horn County Sheriff’s Office, coming in as an abandoned vehicle. The tip led to a multi-agency investigation involving not only members of the sheriff’s office, but also the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington, D.C.

To Note:
•went missing July 22
•told people he was going to visit Kanye West
•his vehicle was found on a dirt road in the Greybull area.
•After two days, it was called in.
•BHCSO and Washington DC police have been working the case but have not been on “the same page”
•an investigator based in Colorado was brought in to help
•helicopter, drones, riding it on horseback and walking it on foot have all be used in searches
•a K-9 from Park County was brought in as well
•confident that Richardson was not and is not within a six-mile radius of where his vehicle was found.

Kanye West does have a ranch in Wyoming, and he was in fact there in July, where he was "holed up" for a while, during his mental health issues. It's also near Greybull.

His greatest love, however, was music. On his Facebook page, Davante, who went by the name of D Rich, described himself as the CEO of Big Blues Studio, a graphic design and multimedia company providing digital services for clientele in the music industry.

The last communication on record from Davante was a late-night text message to a friend, telling him he was intent on starting his music career and was going to see his friend. Marquita believed that friend to be Kanye West.

“Davante loved his music and wanted to go see him,” she said. “We thought, maybe he made contact. But apparently, neither Kanye or his people saw or heard from him, either.”

While West owns property in the Big Horns, it’s “15 to 20 miles” above where Davante’s vehicle was found, and according to authorities, there’s no indication that Davante ever met up or made contact with West or anyone in his party.

Quick glancing through the articles I was able read and current information available on the thread..

1. What condition was the vehicle found in? Accident or just parked?
2. I tried to Google map but I'm not really sure where the car was found. Where was the car found?
3. What was in the car? Did he have a phone, wallet, etc. with him ?

My thoughts only.

Quick glancing through the articles I was able read and current information available on the thread..

1. What condition was the vehicle found in? Accident or just parked?
2. I tried to Google map but I'm not really sure where the car was found. Where was the car found?
3. What was in the car? Did he have a phone, wallet, etc. with him ?

My thoughts only.

I can answer these questions for you....

1. It was parked on a remote bentonite haul road about 6 miles east of Greybull. ( I will attach photos and Google map photos) this is the middle of nowhere. These are private unmaintained dirt roads that are owned and used by the 2 bentonite mines that are located east of Greybull. You can drive on these roads but it is posted that you must yield to mine traffic. As a kid it's where our parents took us to learn how to drive. As the crow flies it's 6-8 miles from the town of Greybull however there are homes located within .5 miles any direction of where the Jeep was found. The Jeep was not damaged. Found inside of the Jeep- Davante's 2 cell phones, his laptop, and the keys. It has been said that the Jeep was out of gas. I have not been able to get a confirmation on that but I have spoken with the first person that came upon the Jeep. There were NO foot tracks leading away from the Jeep.

KW does own property that he his using to grow hemp they are former hayfields that are not that far from where the Jeep was found, and those roads do connect into the haul roads. KW purchased part of the Flinter Ranch...the Hideout...on November 18th 2019 for $15M. He told our community that he would be growing hemp in the fields, that would be sent to his processing facility in Powell and eventually onto his retail store in Cody. or so was the plan, from watching his actions in the Cody area, I know many that are quickly growing tired of antics. He upset the city counsel with his unapproved building plan changes, he upset the Game and Fish when he chased Antelope in his side by side, and his wife posted to her social media. Any other person or local would have been fined and lost hunting privileges'.

Davante was truly dedicated to his music career and had made contact via twitter with part of KW's group...one of the last tweets sent from Davante stated "Can they meet me half way?" All of his music and graphic designs were on his laptop. He used the laptop to make music, there is no way he would just walk away and leave it in his Jeep.

I am more than happy to go to the location and take photos.

Attachments

• 144009258_412020863235967_6515087740096153162_n.jpg
    144009258_412020863235967_6515087740096153162_n.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 117375534_362254248269028_768642105675595644_n.jpg
    117375534_362254248269028_768642105675595644_n.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 144405618_171996790970099_1767722418839561401_n.jpg
    144405618_171996790970099_1767722418839561401_n.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 2nd ranch.jpg
    2nd ranch.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 169
I can answer these questions for you....

1. It was parked on a remote bentonite haul road about 6 miles east of Greybull. ( I will attach photos and Google map photos) this is the middle of nowhere. These are private unmaintained dirt roads that are owned and used by the 2 bentonite mines that are located east of Greybull. You can drive on these roads but it is posted that you must yield to mine traffic. As a kid it's where our parents took us to learn how to drive. As the crow flies it's 6-8 miles from the town of Greybull however there are homes located within .5 miles any direction of where the Jeep was found. The Jeep was not damaged. Found inside of the Jeep- Davante's 2 cell phones, his laptop, and the keys. It has been said that the Jeep was out of gas. I have not been able to get a confirmation on that but I have spoken with the first person that came upon the Jeep. There were NO foot tracks leading away from the Jeep.

KW does own property that he his using to grow hemp they are former hayfields that are not that far from where the Jeep was found, and those roads do connect into the haul roads. KW purchased part of the Flinter Ranch...the Hideout...on November 18th 2019 for $15M. He told our community that he would be growing hemp in the fields, that would be sent to his processing facility in Powell and eventually onto his retail store in Cody. or so was the plan, from watching his actions in the Cody area, I know many that are quickly growing tired of antics. He upset the city counsel with his unapproved building plan changes, he upset the Game and Fish when he chased Antelope in his side by side, and his wife posted to her social media. Any other person or local would have been fined and lost hunting privileges'.

Davante was truly dedicated to his music career and had made contact via twitter with part of KW's group...one of the last tweets sent from Davante stated "Can they meet me half way?" All of his music and graphic designs were on his laptop. He used the laptop to make music, there is no way he would just walk away and leave it in his Jeep.

I am more than happy to go to the location and take photos.

Thank you for all that detail. I'm on my phone and it's hard to do much research. It's a little concerning he had a hemp farm, could it have been mistaken for a marijuana farm or just someone knowing he had a part in it and maybe had some money they could extort? Maybe a bit far fetched, but maybe not. I'll try to dig in more tomorrow if I can. All MOO and speculation based on the bit I know currently.

@Al19 welcome!

Consider becoming a Verified Insider:

Professional Posters and Verified Insiders

My family lives in New Mexico, so this kind of rural area makes sense to me.

Was this a hot July? What time of day was the Jeep noticed?

What is the terrain like -- desert, ranch/overgrazed, ranch/good grass, established prairie, just rocks?

I sent the email request to be verified.

It was hot this July in the 90s daily

Jeep was first noticed at 0430-0530 by an mine employee on the way into work, and later that day reported by another individual the following day when it was still in the same location.

I will attach GPS.
@Al19 welcome!

Consider becoming a Verified Insider:

Professional Posters and Verified Insiders

My family lives in New Mexico, so this kind of rural area makes sense to me.

Was this a hot July? What time of day was the Jeep noticed?

What is the terrain like -- desert, ranch/overgrazed, ranch/good grass, established prairie, just rocks?

Attachments

• 144009258_412020863235967_6515087740096153162_n.jpg
    144009258_412020863235967_6515087740096153162_n.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 117375534_362254248269028_768642105675595644_n.jpg
    117375534_362254248269028_768642105675595644_n.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 143880661_421778709059657_265129516918280662_n.gif
    143880661_421778709059657_265129516918280662_n.gif
    479.9 KB · Views: 28
Thank you for all that detail. I'm on my phone and it's hard to do much research. It's a little concerning he had a hemp farm, could it have been mistaken for a marijuana farm or just someone knowing he had a part in it and maybe had some money they could extort? Maybe a bit far fetched, but maybe not. I'll try to dig in more tomorrow if I can. All MOO and speculation based on the bit I know currently.
No, we are NOT cannabis legal state and his property has security.

Has anyone figured out where Mr. Richardson attended high school or college? Maybe a post on the alumni Facebook page would help?

jmho ymmv lrr

Has anyone figured out where Mr. Richardson attended high school or college? Maybe a post on the alumni Facebook page would help?

jmho ymmv lrr

According to Davante's FB he "Studied Fine Arts at Lincoln U. MO". Life Events 2010 - Started School at Lincoln U. MO

Lincoln University of Missouri - Lincoln University
Lincoln University is a public historically black land-grant university in Jefferson City, Missouri.

Also:
About Davante
Executive Vice President* for myEcon.
Partner with Ascension Marketing Group.
Amazon Influencer.
A&R for RecordUnion.
CEO for Launched Studios.

Snipped
M. has become the family spokesperson, sharing information about Davante on Facebook. When reached last week, M. shed light on Davante’s early years. A product of a single parent home, he grew up in the Washington, D.C., area but at about the age of 11, relocated to Missouri to live with his father. According to M., he attended some college in Missouri, but eventually decided to return to the D.C. area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back