DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024 #2

Honest question. How can those of us who want to cut it out influence those who want to let it keep growing?

I don't think we can. Those of us who want to cut it out come up against those who encourage it to fester and grow.

Vote.

But the other thing you can do is make sure you make an intelligent and valid comment when the occasion arises.

My parents always said ... if you don't say anything, some people don't even think about the ramifications. The message I grew up with is that you don't need to get into arguments with others, just make a comment and then let others do the thinking for themselves. They have to arrive at the mindset all by themselves, otherwise their mindset wont change.

Eg:
Their comment: "Why are they going after trump? Political!!"
My comment: "Because he has broken the law multiple times, and we (you) don't need the embarrassment and uncertainty of a president who is not adverse to breaking the law when it suits him/her. Trust is important."

Sure, you might not get through to the (minority) of die hard, loud, and irrational thinkers. And you might not be addressing the big issues. But you will give the more rational people something to think about.

I was in CA for 2 weeks recently (family holiday). Nobody speaks about trump's antics. We felt we had to whisper if we spoke about them.
I think many there quietly mull over in their minds what is going on. If you are respected among your associates, throw out a rational comment now and again (at appropriate times) to give them food for thought. Don't be afraid to do that. It is the small and respected voices that can make a big impact.

imo

Vote.

But the other thing you can do is make sure you make an intelligent and valid comment when the occasion arises.

My parents always said ... if you don't say anything, some people don't even think about the ramifications. The message I grew up with is that you don't need to get into arguments with others, just make a comment and then let others do the thinking for themselves. They have to arrive at the mindset all by themselves, otherwise their mindset wont change.

Eg:
Their comment: "Why are they going after trump? Political!!"
My comment: "Because he has broken the law multiple times, and we (you) don't need the embarrassment and uncertainty of a president who is not adverse to breaking the law when it suits him/her. Trust is important."

Sure, you might not get through to the (minority) of die hard, loud, and irrational thinkers. And you might not be addressing the big issues. But you will give the more rational people something to think about.

I was in CA for 2 weeks recently (family holiday). Nobody speaks about trump's antics. We felt we had to whisper if we spoke about them.
I think many there quietly mull over in their minds what is going on. If you are respected among your associates, throw out a rational comment now and again (at appropriate times) to give them food for thought. Don't be afraid to do that. It is the small and respected voices that can make a big impact.

imo
Rest assured.
I’m in CA.

Attachments

• IMG_0881.png
    IMG_0881.png
    386.3 KB · Views: 17
Docket update:

Doc # Date Description
64 Sep 29, 2023 Main Document Reply in Support

Sep 29, 2023 Order AND ~Util - Set/Reset Hearings

Sep 29, 2023 MINUTE ORDER as to DONALD J. TRUMP: The court hereby schedules a hearing on the government's 57 Motion to Ensure that Extrajudicial Statements Do Not Prejudice These Proceedings on October 16, 2023 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom 9. The requirement of Defendant's appearance is waived for this hearing. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 9/29/2023. (zjd)

Sep 29, 2023 Order

link: United States v. TRUMP, 1:23-cr-00257 - CourtListener.com

Docket update:

Doc # Date Description
64 Sep 29, 2023 Main Document Reply in Support

Sep 29, 2023 Order AND ~Util - Set/Reset Hearings

Sep 29, 2023 MINUTE ORDER as to DONALD J. TRUMP: The court hereby schedules a hearing on the government's 57 Motion to Ensure that Extrajudicial Statements Do Not Prejudice These Proceedings on October 16, 2023 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom 9. The requirement of Defendant's appearance is waived for this hearing. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 9/29/2023. (zjd)

Sep 29, 2023 Order

link: United States v. TRUMP, 1:23-cr-00257 - CourtListener.com
Oct 16 just does not seem soon enough for this issue. jmo

Jack Smith's prosecutors weigh in on Trump's campaign spox posting a video of him holding a Glock. Trump "was caught potentially violating his conditions of release," they write.

Giuliani’s Drinking Has Trump Prosecutors’ Attention in Federal Election Case - The New York Times

Their entwined legal peril has turned a matter long whispered about by former City Hall aides, White House advisers and political socialites into an investigative subplot in an unprecedented case.

The office of the special counsel, Jack Smith, has questioned witnesses about Mr. Giuliani’s alcohol consumption as he was advising Mr. Trump, including on election night, according to a person familiar with the matter. Mr. Smith’s investigators have also asked about Mr. Trump’s level of awareness of his lawyer’s drinking as they worked to overturn the election and prevent Joseph R. Biden Jr. from being certified as the 2020 winner at almost any cost. (A spokesman for the special counsel declined to comment.)

The answers to those prompts could complicate any efforts by Mr. Trump’s team to lean on a so-called advice-of-counsel defense, a strategy that could portray him as a client merely taking professional cues from his lawyers. If such guidance came from someone whom Mr. Trump knew to be compromised by alcohol, especially when many others told Mr. Trump definitively that he had lost, his argument could weaken.

In interviews and in testimony to Congress, several people at the White House on election night — the evening when Mr. Giuliani urged Mr. Trump to declare victory despite the results — have said that the former mayor appeared to be drunk, slurring and carrying an odor of alcohol.

“The mayor was definitely intoxicated,” Jason Miller, a top Trump adviser and a veteran of Mr. Giuliani’s 2008 presidential campaign, told the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol in a deposition early last year. “But I do not know his level of intoxication when he spoke with the president.” (Mr. Giuliani furiously denied this account and condemned Mr. Miller, who had spoken glowingly of him in public, in vicious terms.)

Giuliani’s Drinking Has Trump Prosecutors’ Attention in Federal Election Case - The New York Times

Their entwined legal peril has turned a matter long whispered about by former City Hall aides, White House advisers and political socialites into an investigative subplot in an unprecedented case.

The office of the special counsel, Jack Smith, has questioned witnesses about Mr. Giuliani’s alcohol consumption as he was advising Mr. Trump, including on election night, according to a person familiar with the matter. Mr. Smith’s investigators have also asked about Mr. Trump’s level of awareness of his lawyer’s drinking as they worked to overturn the election and prevent Joseph R. Biden Jr. from being certified as the 2020 winner at almost any cost. (A spokesman for the special counsel declined to comment.)

The answers to those prompts could complicate any efforts by Mr. Trump’s team to lean on a so-called advice-of-counsel defense, a strategy that could portray him as a client merely taking professional cues from his lawyers. If such guidance came from someone whom Mr. Trump knew to be compromised by alcohol, especially when many others told Mr. Trump definitively that he had lost, his argument could weaken.

In interviews and in testimony to Congress, several people at the White House on election night — the evening when Mr. Giuliani urged Mr. Trump to declare victory despite the results — have said that the former mayor appeared to be drunk, slurring and carrying an odor of alcohol.

“The mayor was definitely intoxicated,” Jason Miller, a top Trump adviser and a veteran of Mr. Giuliani’s 2008 presidential campaign, told the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol in a deposition early last year. “But I do not know his level of intoxication when he spoke with the president.” (Mr. Giuliani furiously denied this account and condemned Mr. Miller, who had spoken glowingly of him in public, in vicious terms.)
Is he drunk today? Rudy filed a defamation case against Joe Biden. Good grief. Go away, Rudy. jmo

"Rudy Giuliani filed a defamation lawsuit against President Joe Biden on Wednesday in New Hampshire, claiming Biden falsely referred to him as a "Russian pawn" during a 2020 presidential debate."

Is he drunk today? Rudy filed a defamation case against Joe Biden. Good grief. Go away, Rudy. jmo

"Rudy Giuliani filed a defamation lawsuit against President Joe Biden on Wednesday in New Hampshire, claiming Biden falsely referred to him as a "Russian pawn" during a 2020 presidential debate."

What a mess he is. IMO

Prosecutors in the federal election case against Donald Trump are showing an interest in the drinking habits of Rudy Giuliani, the former president's former lawyer.

Jack Smith has been asking witnesses whether Giuliani was regularly drunk on and after Election Day 2020, according to a report by the New York Times.

“I do not have an alcohol problem. I have never had an alcohol problem. [If] I had an alcohol problem, I should be in the Guinness Book of World Records,” the lawyer quipped, before listing his various accomplishments. “Nobody could have achieved that if they did [have a drinking problem]. … I was working 24 hours a day. It’s a big damn lie.”

Prosecutors in the federal election case against Donald Trump are showing an interest in the drinking habits of Rudy Giuliani, the former president's former lawyer.

Jack Smith has been asking witnesses whether Giuliani was regularly drunk on and after Election Day 2020, according to a report by the New York Times.

“I do not have an alcohol problem. I have never had an alcohol problem. [If] I had an alcohol problem, I should be in the Guinness Book of World Records,” the lawyer quipped, before listing his various accomplishments. “Nobody could have achieved that if they did [have a drinking problem]. … I was working 24 hours a day. It’s a big damn lie.”
*hic*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back