DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #9

It's back. Posted today on KW FB. A link to the "Grand Reopening of the RTTF". It's an open group, should be able to find. Also announcement that the Radio "show" will be reopened. Ugh. Just Ugh.

Geesh! What does KW think he's going to "accomplish" now? My opinion, the radio show won't last long, there won't be enough listeners. And, everyone KNOWS what KW is really about now! Can't undo all the damage now!

WHERE IS RELISHA?!

Somebody knows something, and they need to start talking!!!

It breaks my heart that LE seem to feel Relisha is dead and in the landfill and have basically given the appearance of closing this case.

For me there are still many questions and teh possiblity that she was handed off to another. I feel we need more info about Tatum's movements to know if Relisha is dead or alive far from harm or in harm's way.

It makes me sad that there will seemingly be no legal repercussions to those charged with Relisha's care. She was shuttled back and forth like an inconvenient pet IMO and nobody had this child's back.

I am very angry with this whole situation. Even in seeming death, Relisha's whereabouts appear to be an afterthought to all who should care where she is, family and LE alike.

That seriously pizzes me off. :(

It breaks my heart that LE seem to feel Relisha is dead and in the landfill and have basically given the appearance of closing this case.

For me there are still many questions and teh possiblity that she was handed off to another. I feel we need more info about Tatum's movements to know if Relisha is dead or alive far from harm or in harm's way.

It makes me sad that there will seemingly be no legal repercussions to those charged with Relisha's care. She was shuttled back and forth like an inconvenient pet IMO and nobody had this child's back.

I am very angry with this whole situation. Even in seeming death, Relisha's whereabouts appear to be an afterthought to all who should care where she is, family and LE alike.

:ditto: It's a :censored: shame. Pizzes me off, too, big time!!!

Why has her family not been arrested!? This just makes me so angry.

seems as if LE have decided Relisha is dead in a landfill, her killer is dead by his own hand and so who cares why this child was handed over to this man in the first place. Who cares if her family pimped her out to him so she could be ultimately murdered. Who cares if they actively lied and interfered with LE investigation. Who cares if they forced LE to remove custody from her mother just so a damn missing person report could be filed.

Nobody but us it feels like.

I still feel like Relisha was sold/given to someone. JMO I believe her family gained financially from her 'disappearance'.

City Will Build Playground At D.C. General Homeless Shelter
fencedarea_dcgeneral.jpg
A fenced in area where children at D.C. General can play until a playground is completed.
The city will spend approximately $450,000 to construct a playground on the grounds of the D.C. General homeless shelter.

At a D.C. Council committee hearing today, June Locker from the Department of General Services said construction will begin in approximately one month and is scheduled to be completed at the end of September this year. While the city will absorb the cost of construction, private donors organized by the Homeless Children's Playtime Project will help fund the operations of the playground. DGS is working with the Playtime Project to create an operations program, Locker, DGS's deputy director, said.

http://dcist.com/2014/07/city_will_build_playground_at_dc_ge.php

Thanks Ticya for posting (481) this information.
http://dcist.com/2014/07/city_will_build_playground_at_dc_ge.php

When pressed by Councilmember Tommy Wells about who was preventing construction of the playground, Locker said the city has been working for several months to identify a proper location.

This statement made me curious about the delays surrounding construction of the playground. Then, I found this April WaPo article by Petula Dvorak. She begins with a direct hit at administrators regarding the living conditions of the children at DCGHS.

...if they are going to warehouse children next to a morgue, a methadone clinic and a jail, it’s a disgrace not to give them a beautiful play space like the ones the rest of the city’s children get.

Then she quotes the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services, Beatriz “BB” Otero, as saying the site is “problematic" even though city engineers had identified five potential places for the playground.

“None of those sites was adequate,” Otero said. The problems ranged from too much traffic to being too hidden to possibly having utilities underground, she said.

Dvorak gives her opinion of the situation.
To me, the city’s site analysis sounds like a bunch of red tape and liability-clouded excuses.

She points out that in 2007 Eastern Market had been destroyed by fire and the city spent $1.5 million to build a temporary market within months. Even if DCGHS will eventually be torn down, Dvoark believes that

the same city can build a playground — even a temporary one — for its 600 homeless kids.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...11f584-c0e4-11e3-b574-f8748871856a_story.html

I am hoping LE have only given the "impression" that it is considered closed, to get the family to let their guard down. I doubt it is a closed case, as she is still missing and it is not solved by a long shot.

:heartluv: #FindRelisha :heartluv:

You are missed BabyGirl!

:praying:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just realized Relisha is Featured case !!!!!!!!!
Thank you MODS !

I didn't feel much like celebrating yesterday, this was such a fun day for children and you are no where's to be found. My heart break's for you sweet girl, we stayed home and kept the dog and cats company from the booming of the fireworks. A day you should have enjoyed with sparkler's in your hand's and smiling and having fun awaiting the beautiful night lights. Another day with no updates, another day of tears for a baby still missing . Where are you sweetheart

It's disheartening to not see any forward progress on this case.

I did read about the return of a radio show this week, for whatever good that will do.

Please don't be a cold case ! Come on LE!

Thanks for posting that article.
Sounds like politics as usual. Prevaricate and stall, and stall, and stall, and maybe people will forget.
So glad that Colbert I. King sounds like a strong voice who will not let Relisha be forgotten.

I liked the comments of one of the readers regarding the hiring of excons by the state and the city to work with the most vulnerable populations.
I suspect there is a lot of truth in what he said.

Find Relisha !!!!!!!!!!!!
( too bad right after she is made a featured case, the home page vanished in the move )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back