DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally understand why SS did not ask the accountant to come to his home. But I disagree that the accountant was told that the $ was being dropped at the Dojo. That seems far fetched, imo.

I understand why JW was asked to deliver the money instead of the accountant. But I disagree that the accountant would think it was gping to the Dojo instead of the house in DC.

The other employee was the accountant? sorry, I must of missed it.

Nothing so far can prove anything. Where Wint is concerned, despite his being charged, we can't say his DNA is proof he committed any crime unless eating pizza is a crime. Right now, that DNA is only circumstantial evidence that could go to show that Wint was with the family and Veralicia Figeroa while it is suspected they were held captive. The lab could have mixed up samples. Police could be framing him. He could have walked by the house, wearing latex gloves for a legitimate reason, spotted the pizza, had a slice, thrown it back in the box and....So forth so on. We are not a jury who will decide if this or any other evidence turned up is compelling enough to meet the legal standard a judge will instruct us on. If there's ever a trial, it won't put debate and speculation to rest.
Along with you, I wonder "what new revelations will be coming next and when?" !
All of us want to see justice done. But the first amendment assures us that we have a right to argue our viewpoint on a case online and off, no matter how flawed or limited our view might be. In the back and forth, often when those viewpoints are opposing, we gain more insight, are challenged to think more critically.

Oh, I think DW's DNA on the pizza crust and the blood of one or more of the victims on DW's shoe, along with DW & friends getting arrested with all that money is enough to bury DW for the rest of his life. I also think LE has much more evidence against DW that we don't know about.

I agree, we sure can argue our viewpoints of this case online which is what we're doing here, and I'm very glad we can!

Chief Lanier also stated there was no sign of forced entry.

Police are allowed to lie, misrepresent or say whatever they want in the course of an investigation.

JMO

do you think she's lying about wint being the person running from the burning car. I think they really believed in the beginning that there was no forced entry, however it does appear that found just that.

Bottom line. Boss tells you to do something than you do it with limited questions asked.

Just make sure you take your cut first before handing the rest of the money to the young entrepreneur.

For me the question is: how did JW enter and exit the garage? That has yet to be confirmed. Did he have a garage door opener? In reviewing the list of items from the SW no garage door "opener" was found in his car? Did he have one on a key chain?

In reviewing news reports from when LE was at the house looking at the safe it was stated they eventually closed the door. I'm assuming they closed it from the "inside."

So, if they had to close the door from the inside ... did JW? ... and if he did, how was he able to exit without getting injured from the door coming down? Did he quickly run underneath the door? In the CD and SW it just states he "closed the door to same" ... but how?

I apologize if this has been discussed previously, but do we know anything about what SS and JW's personal relationship was like?

The reason I'm asking is because my profession puts me in the same world as a lot of wealthy people (certainly not wealthy myself). They pretty much all have some sort of "assistant" and I've seen that the assistant "job" can come with a variety of different responsibilities, and run the spectrum from strictly a "lowly" errand-runner to being treated as a member of the family. In the latter scenario, it would not strike me as odd if the assistant had a friendly relationship with the rest of the family. But in those cases I've seen where the assistant is treated like a part of the family, it's usually been when they have been working for them for 10-15-20 years. If JW was employed for only a matter of a few months, I don't think he would have been that "in" with the family. Sorry, thinking outloud and answering my own questions...

I, too, have worked closely with CEOs in my profession and have several as friends and I agree with you totally. They will hire a friend's kid as an errand runner or give them a job in the mail room for the summer but treat them as a member of the family? No way.

This was not a "dream job" for JW. It was a huge step down for him. He had also trained PS in racing and was replaced by a more professional racer. I'd bet this didn't pay enough to fund JW's racing dreams and certainly not a 5 day trip to CA or another to Italy.

Aaaand despite all I'm posting, I'm not certain at all how JW is connected to this if at all. It is clear that he isn't the brightest bulb nor is Wint. I do wonder if they planned to chop the car and sell the parts. Many posters have said the parts would be too hot but I disagree. Even if only 200 Moslers of this model are made a year, someone will pay for the parts. If they could get the parts overseas or even to NY they could probably unload them.

BBM

You could be right and OEM parts, new and used, are in demand for collector cars.

However, I gotta think that a car that cost this much came with some kind of replacement part warranty from Mosler and that anyone that bought one from the factory had enough money to not have to worry about possibly saving a few bucks by buying hot parts.

I could be wrong.

From what I undersrand, the accountant was in Hyattsville, which is where the bank was. I am surmising that someone wanted to make sure the driver was doing the delivering to the home where the victims were being held. There might be reason they didn't think the accountant would leave money in a car without questioning it. And I think they probably wouldn't have wanted the money dropped off at the dojo because SS wasn't really there and the killers weren't there. Idk.
Okay so you have now quoted 15 posts with your post. My only question is why? It makes it difficult to know what you are responding to.

For me the question is: how did JW enter and exit the garage? That has yet to be confirmed. Did he have a garage door opener? In reviewing the list of items from the SW no garage door "opener" was found in his car? Did he have one on a key chain?

In reviewing news reports from when LE was at the house looking at the safe it was stated they eventually closed the door. I'm assuming they closed it from the "inside."

So, if they had to close the door from the inside ... did JW? ... and if he did, how was he able to exit without getting injured from the door coming down? Did he quickly run underneath the door? In the CD and SW it just states he "closed the door to same" ... but how?

Good questions! I would think the garage door would have safety sensors on them (the door stops if someone walks in front of the sensor to prevent the door from closing on someone) So basically the door will just stop if you try to run under it, it won't close

From what I am gleaning here, part of the "JW DID IT" scenario, is that he jumped in the Porshe after dropping off the cash, and drove to Lowes for his photo opp. Correct?

If so, how did he avoid being captured on cameras in the parking lot? Wouldnt that Porsche be pretty noticeable?

If this was about the Mosler then why make it so complicated, why not steal it outright?

Yeah..Lanier is the police chief and she says Wint did it. Wint's defender is defending him by saying he didn't do it. That's usually how it goes..IMO

And what I "said" (posted) is sooooo many here agree with Wint's public defender and AGAIN ... how about that. No other message there!

f

From what I undersrand, the accountant was in Hyattsville, which is where the bank was. I am surmising that someone wanted to make sure the driver was doing the delivering to the home where the victims were being held. There might be reason they didn't think the accountant would leave money in a car without questioning it. And I think they probably wouldn't have wanted the money dropped off at the dojo because SS wasn't really there and the killers weren't there. Idk.

BBM. You're right, never in a million years would an accountant do that. I think your theory is a sound one. I think the accountant and the bank were told that SS was busy at the Dojo and they had no reason not to believe it. JW had to got to Chantilly and get his alibi together.

JMO

BBM

You could be right and OEM parts, new and used, are in demand for collector cars.

However, I gotta think that a car that cost this much came with some kind of replacement part warranty from Mosler and that anyone that bought one from the factory had enough money to not have to worry about possibly saving a few bucks by buying hot parts.

I could be wrong.

IMO People who need parts for Moslers usually sub with other make parts. Some use Subaru parts, Ferrari even. Mosler parts are unusual to be found for sale since so few were produced.

I apologize if this has been discussed previously, but do we know anything about what SS and JW's personal relationship was like?

The reason I'm asking is because my profession puts me in the same world as a lot of wealthy people (certainly not wealthy myself). They pretty much all have some sort of "assistant" and I've seen that the assistant "job" can come with a variety of different responsibilities, and run the spectrum from strictly a "lowly" errand-runner to being treated as a member of the family. In the latter scenario, it would not strike me as odd if the assistant had a friendly relationship with the rest of the family. But in those cases I've seen where the assistant is treated like a part of the family, it's usually been when they have been working for them for 10-15-20 years. If JW was employed for only a matter of a few months, I don't think he would have been that "in" with the family. Sorry, thinking outloud and answering my own questions...

I disagree. I manage some properties here in Santa Fe for some big time wealthy Hollywood types/studios. I've known some for years and some for less than a month or so. Sooooo ... JMO and my experience which means squat in THIS case.

BBM. You're right, never in a million years would an accountant do that. I think your theory is a sound one. I think the accountant and the bank were told that SS was busy at the Dojo and they had no reason not to believe it. JW had to got to Chantilly and get his alibi together.

JMO

Wait. The accountant thought that SS was busy at the Dojo? Hadn't there been a flurry of communications between them? Would SS have told the accountant he was at the Dojo? Isn't the Dojo just a block away from AIW?

That does not make any sense to me. Why tell him a lie so easily discoverable? And why wouldn't the accountant just drop off the cash himself if it were just a block away?

I thought the excuse for needing a driver was that SS was home in DC with a sick wife and child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbifedora