DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily, the Secret Service is head of investigation of monetary frauds.

Financial Crimes, covering missions such as prevention and investigation of counterfeiting of U.S. currency and U.S. treasury securities, and investigation of major fraud.[3]
Protection, which entails ensuring the safety of current and former national leaders and their families, such as the President, past presidents, vice presidents, presidential candidates, visiting heads of state, and foreign embassies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Secret_Service

Please --- I said "may have been". Not that it was necessarily due to that.

The man was fired as a result of his improper conduct; he then, made a display of his violent behavior as he showed up at the company’s headquarter wearing a gun and threatening the personnel.

http://www.mirrordaily.com/the-quadruple-murderer-might-have-been-helped-prosecutors-say/21737/

From your link:
Darron Dellon Dennis Wint, 34, was at first mistakenly identified by police officers as Daron Dylon Wint, but further investigations have helped authorities discover his real name. According to their declaration, the man could not have carried out the quadruple murder in Washington D.C. on his own. Thus, there are great chances that the male killer might have been helped by at least five other individuals, whose identity remains for the moment undisclosed.

I am not a taxi cab driver, so paying in large sums may happen more often than not. But if someone pulled a bundle of $100s out and negotiated cab ride from MD to NYC, I would be suspicious and would have notified LE. So LE didn't find a "trunk full of cash" as reported by media (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-murder-near-home-address-Northeast-DC.html)? I guess it's just a matter of semantics.

(http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/22/us-districtofcolumbia-murder-idUSKBN0O61IY20150522).

Eta: It doesn't say how much $ recovered, but Wint paid $1000 +generous tip to taxi cab driver so obviously less than $39K. So how much was recovered by LE? If amount missing, I wonder if they can track other money somehow, doubtful. But I think if missing $ LE will be able to recover all $ somehow. I think there are co-conspirators or individuals who aided/abetted/harbored fugitive before, during, and after the fact. Jmo/

We don't know that the driver did/did not call authorities when he was dropped off. Perhaps the bank now has cash with serial numbers to tie it together on that for trial. I would assume that the stacks of monies were sequential that were given by BOA

:waiting: :waiting: as the only charges at this time are for Savvas Savopulos only - no charges filed yet for the other three murders.

ETA: Oopsie! That was the charging documents... he was charged for all four. Sorry :blush:

First I heard of this:

former President George W. Bush and former Vice President Dick Cheney — who was acquainted with the couple.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/22/u...RelatedCoverage®ion=Marginalia&pgtype=article

You are reading the quote wrong. The quote is by someone acquainted with them and refers to her being connected to them. It is not about SS's relationship with them.

Full quote:

“It’s utterly horrifying and deeply chilling,” said Juleanna Glover, a corporate consultant and onetime aide to prominent Republicans — including former President George W. Bush and former Vice President Dick Cheney — who was acquainted with the couple.

First I heard of this:

former President George W. Bush and former Vice President Dick Cheney — who was acquainted with the couple.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/22/u...RelatedCoverage®ion=Marginalia&pgtype=article

I believe your interpretation is incorrect. The whole sentence reads:

“It’s utterly horrifying and deeply chilling,” said Juleanna Glover, a corporate consultant and onetime aide to prominent Republicans — including former President George W. Bush and former Vice President Dick Cheney — who was acquainted with the couple.

The reference to Bush and Cheney is about Glover, not about the Savopoulos family.

The man was fired as a result of his improper conduct; he then, made a display of his violent behavior as he showed up at the company’s headquarter wearing a gun and threatening the personnel.

http://www.mirrordaily.com/the-quadruple-murderer-might-have-been-helped-prosecutors-say/21737/

Police believe there was at least 5 involved.
He was arrested and 5 others were taken into custody.

Lol if they were the same 5, they were really stupid for gathering together afterwards.

I just can't help but think that DW's 10 year old link to AIW is way too tenuous for him to be the "insider" in this job. I eagerly await a connection between DW and someone closer in both time and proximity to the S family. DW does not strike me as the type who would have sat around and planned and plotted this horrible crime for 10 years. Why now?

Speculation time: someone with access to AIW employment records found out about this incredibly disgruntled individual (meaning DW) and recruited him to play a part. I have no idea why (other than pure hatred).

We don't know that the driver did/did not call authorities when he was dropped off. Perhaps the bank now has cash with serial numbers to tie it together on that for trial. I would assume that the stacks of monies were sequential that were given by BOA

Yes, hopefully it's traceable. I also have a difficult time believing that the $40K is all the perp(s) took, it's the only amount that's known so far. The Savopulos family may have had other cash at the home and valuables like jewelry etc. I can't imagine that investigators/insurance cos. would account for family's inventory/valuables so quickly. Jmo/

I just can't help but think that DW's 10 year old link to AIW is way too tenuous for him to be the "insider" in this job. I eagerly await a connection between DW and someone closer in both time and proximity to the S family. DW does not strike me as the type who would have sat around and planned and plotted this horrible crime for 10 years. Why now?

Speculation time: someone with access to AIW employment records found out about this incredibly disgruntled individual (meaning DW) and recruited him to play a part. I have no idea why (other than pure hatred).

Way back upthread somewhere, someone posted about DW having a cousin who was recently fired from Iron Works. Does any one else remember seeing that?

I read on here that the aide posted photos of the money but I didn't see a link to those photos. Does anyone have a link? And were you referring to the ransom money or just other piles of cash?

Wint was arrested for carrying a two-foot-long machete and a BB pistol outside the American Iron Works headquarters in 2010, but weapons charges were dropped after he pleaded guilty to possessing an open container of alcohol, reports the Associated Press.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/05/22/daron-wint-dc-quadruple-murder-suspect/27774899/

I thought I saw where he worked at AIW but I can't find a link saying so now. I don't know why but I am leaning against the person exiting the porsche before it was torched as being wint. jmo idk

sold in 2001 for $2.9 million; the family friend said it had been extensively renovated and was worth far more than that. And, the friend said, the couple owned other homes, including one on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.

fair question:
In addition to striking a deep nerve in the most elite circles of Washington, the case has also raised soul-searching questions about why, when so many people die violently in impoverished parts of the city, these murders have attracted so much intense news coverage and discussion.

High Profile Family in the most elite neighborhood in the Nation's Capitol.

He also owned a financial entity - I posted link earlier.
You posted a link in the other thread to a company that has nothing to do with nor is it owned by Savopoulos.

I think we need to be more careful with our research.

Way back upthread somewhere, someone posted about DW having a cousin who was recently fired from Iron Works. Does any one else remember seeing that?

Now that you mention it, yes. I wonder what that cousin did for AIW.

There is a direct connection between Wint and the Savopoulos family, D.C. police said Thursday. Investigators believe the suspect may have worked for Savvas Savopoulos at some point at his business, American Iron Works. A source familiar with the employment records at American Iron Works told FOX 5's Paul Wagner that Wint worked for the company at least ten years ago as a laborer.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29123200/daron-wint

Also in 2010, Wint was arrested carrying a 2-foot-long machete and a BB pistol outside the American Iron Works headquarters, but weapons charges were dropped after he pleaded guilty to possessing an open container of alcohol.

Now that you mention it, yes. I wonder what that cousin did for AIW.

I'd like to know more about that situation. It might have triggered this tragedy and it might lead us to one of the co-conspirators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname