DC - Twelve killed, 8 injured in shooting at Washington Navy Yard, 16 Sept 2013

A Sr Navy official is apparently reporting he has been caught, with 12 shot, 4 are dead. According to NBC.

I had a bad feeling there would be more victims. :(

Dressed all in black with several weapons? Sounds very planned. Lone jerk with a grudge? Mentally ill vet? Someone trying to make a "statement"? So many possibilities. Wonder if they have any idea who they're dealing with?

Fox News DC are idiots. They just announced that MPD believe they have pinned down the shooter to a certain building on a certain floor. Then tried to retract it. Way to keep people safe!

Dressed all in black with several weapons? Sounds very planned. Lone jerk with a grudge? Mentally ill vet? Someone trying to make a "statement"? So many possibilities. Wonder if they have any idea who they're dealing with?

If he was able to get on base with three weapons (reporting that one is an AR-15), he had to have a military ID, IMO.

Who knows. :dunno: They said they don't know if he is military or civilian. I'm surprised we haven't heard that he killed himself yet. Most cowards usually take that way out.

After following the Ft. Hood shooter pretty closely, I just hope we don't save this guy's life, only to sentence him to death. :rolleyes:

It was some years ago, but I thought I remembered the Navy yard didn't require ID to enter (no gate) the grounds, at least. Of course that's probably all changed...

Post is reporting that rumors going around at approx 930 am that the shooter was "down" are untrue, and that LE has said he was still hiding "between floors". :confused:

GL, they do require ID to enter. There are gates now. I believe you need a military ID or a CAC.

My coworker said that she switched dropping kids off at school today with her friend, as she had an appointment tomorrow. Her friend works in building 197 and was getting ready to head to work. If they had not switched last minute, she would have been in the building. What a scary thought!

GL, they do require ID to enter. There are gates now. I believe you need a military ID or a CAC.

Yep. Even at Boot Camp graduation in Great Lakes, you have to be on your sailor's list, and they check everything. I imagine all bases are ramping up security today, until this situation is resolved.

Now reporting on school lockdowns in the area.

That's what I figured. I just remember being able to drive right in and not show ID till once inside the buildings (used to go to the dentist there, and my husband's doc).

Police say three shooters, including at least one in fatigues, have shot at least 10 people at the Washington Navy Yard.

Police said at least one of the shooters is “down,” but it was unclear whether that means the suspect has been arrested or shot. Two remain at large, and police believe they have pinned down one between the third and fourth floors of one of the buildings on the installation in Southeast Washington.

As hundreds of police officers from various agencies converged on the scene, officials at Reagan National Airport ordered all outgoing flights held.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...ecb-11e3-b7d1-7153ad47b549_story.html?hpid=z1

You also need a CAC to get in the building.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back