Identified! DE - Bear, WhtFem 16-25, UP7097, pregnant, in laundry bag, Mar'67 - NamUs removed

I'm confused on if she died of sepsis or a fat embolism. The post I quoted up thread says fat embolism, but I have seen both.

If she was not attempting one or having a backalley abortion done, it's possible it was forced on her against her will, and the aggressors didn't seek her medical care because they didn't want to go to prison.

My boyfriend's great uncle (I think...some relative like that) was a legitimate medical doctor and in the 50s/60s he would perform back-alley abortions on women, and then rape and murder them. From what I've read that was not terribly uncommon then. Either way it's possible a doctor did this and that's why she received no medical care.

The original COD was stated as a fat embolism. They recently revised it to sepsis.

Unfortunately I'm not sure we live in a first world country any more

LOL. Yeah, we're definitely not a first-world democracy in the sense of most E.U. countries, which have robust protections for all citizens and top-notch healthcare. More like a corporate and billionaire-controlled oligarchy that just happens to have a constitution (which is seen today more as a mere piece of paper than it is treated like a relevant, meaningful document that should apply to our current governance). But I don't want to go on a tirade. The focus should remain on this poor pregnant woman. Those who had a part in her death or the cover-up of any illegal goings-on ought to be held accountable, if these individuals are alive today. If she came from an immigrant community or first-generation family, she was doubly vulnerable in U.S. society at the time - first as a woman with limited rights as compared to a man, and secondly as someone possibly from a marginalized group. Her death was truly attributable to the systemic inequalities of the day.

Even if she was seeking a chemical abortion, well, we all know middle-class women inconvenienced with an unwanted pregnancy could have easily evaded the law and gone to Mexico or some other country to have the procedure. Her "crime" was that she didn't have the brass to go to a reputable doctor or clinic and was likely facing immesne cultural or religious pressure to terminate the pregnancy and not shame the family with an out-of-wedlock baby. Believe it or not, there were, and are, many conservative or religious people who will condone abortion on these grounds.

Whether it was to control family size or to avoid children born outside marriage, there are numerous reasons that a woman in Miss X's position would've become desperate enough and resorted to a dangerous back-alley procedure like this once upon a time. Again, if you could afford a better doctor willing to discreetly disregard the law, or even leave the country entirely for some other place where it could be safely and legally obtained, that was what you did.

Hmmm

miller_ann.jpg

Ann Miller
Missing since July 2, 1966 from Indiana Dunes State Park, Indiana.
Classification: Endangered Missing
Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: 1945
Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
Height and Weight: 5'2"
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Clothing: A two-piece blue bathing suit with a red belt.

"All three women were horse enthusiasts, which pointed to a possible connection with criminal activity. Blough and Miller met while boarding their horses at the same Illinois stable. Miller was employed as a horse exerciser at Oak Brook Polo Club at the time she vanished. She and Blough were associated with men who had criminal backgrounds in the horse market. Blough was reportedly having problems with 'horse syndicate people' in the spring and summer of 1966.

Miller's friends told authorities that she was three months pregnant in July of 1966 and mentioned entering a home for unwed mothers prior to her disappearance. Miller's possible pregnancy has never been confirmed.

Drowning was considered a possibility in the disappearances, but unlikely."

Disappeared alongside two friends, and was later seen with two men.
Jane Doe was found with some part of a bikini (or perhaps the bottom part of a two-piece). And a red ribbon, which could be an attempt at matching the belt?

I know the years do not match, but I just....feel puzzled about this. There are some likeness to the two.

One of her friends, Blough, is also rumoured to been pregnant at the time of disappearaning

patricia_blough_1.jpg

Patricia Blough – The Charley Project

the final friend here
Renee Bruhl – The Charley Project
bruhl_renee2.jpg
bruhl_renee4.jpg

Crazy theory time: What if they were all pregnant, and all went away to get an abortion, it went terribly and at least one of them died.

I would like to know the current list of exclusions of this Jane Doe please

Here's Ms. X's current NAMUS rule-outs.:
MP34024 Henrietta Avila 08/10/1960 Los Angeles, CA
MP20169 Alice Reeves 05/25/1967 Calcasieu, LA
MP19076 Sandra Breed 05/22/1964 Madison, NY
MP10759 Patricia Blough 07/02/1966 Porter, IN
MP9699 Audrey Backeberg 07/01/1962 Marion, IN
MP10968 Linda Britton 06/11/1963 Guernsey, OH
MP7036 Mary Ann Verdecchia 06/07/1962 Allegheny, PA
MP4642 Mary Ann Switalski 07/15/1963 Cook, IL
MP12580 Johanna de Haas 02/08/1960 New Castle, DE
MP5669 Lynn Luray 08/17/1964 Los Angeles, CA
MP4626 Brenda Howell 08/06/1956 Los Angeles, CA
MP10237 Pamela Nater 10/02/1966 Lake, FL
MP1475 Donnis Redman 03/01/1958 Los Angeles, CA
MP2485 Ida Anderson 09/18/1958 Washtenaw, MI
MP5639 Peggy Byars-Baisden 04/02/1965 Polk, FL

No new exclusions as of 1 May 2021.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

upload_2021-5-2_9-45-39.pngupload_2021-5-2_9-46-40.png

Darlene DeWollf polizzi... I think rather resembles the sketch if I be honest.

It was her husband whom claimed they were together on the 24th April, and reported her missing on the 25th.

That is one month after Jane doe was found, I just don't know if a date could be that off.

View attachment 295399View attachment 295400

Darlene DeWollf polizzi... I think rather resembles the sketch if I be honest.

It was her husband whom claimed they were together on the 24th April, and reported her missing on the 25th.

That is one month after Jane doe was found, I just don't know if a date could be that off.

Darlene Polizzi – The Charley Project

It sounds like a pretty solid last-seen date. The agents showing them the apartments would have seen her, and it sounds like the husband was never a suspect.

A photograph of Alves is posted with this case summary. In 1974, he was convicted of raping a teenager and tossing her off an overpass. He was released from prison in 2000, after serving 23 years of a 47-year sentence.

Authorities believe he may be a serial killer responsible for the murders of as many as seven teenage females whose bodies were found in Bergen County, New Jersey. He has not been charged in any of the deaths, however, and he has not been connected to Polizzi's disappearance.

Aight, I was looking at some stuff regaring this case.
(Found some port mortem photos, went looking for possible ids again)

Stumbled over Mary Greene, who is missing from Maryland.
Now, am I thinking this is her? Not necessarily, that being said, she had a car with the registration number:
EX-7023, which was yes registered to Maryland.

Look familiar? The numbers are reminiscent of the numbers on the laundry bag which is listed as:
EX4 5277

I have attempted to look at the image of the laundry bag (that I could find) but never managed to get a 4 from it, or much numbers, in fact I think I got 5 and 8 from it rather than anything else.

Point is; could this tie back to Maryland rather than Delaware. They are both, very small states, and it would be easy to just pop on over the state-lines to dump a body.

Sources:
Mary greene: Mary Kathryn Greene – The Charley Project
Jane Doe: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Good find, but Mary was 5'8..
Too tall in my opinion

And still I think about the DNA research that found Italian heritage on her moms side. Has any more developed from there (family names)?

She wasn't linked to Family in VA and NC through DNA genealogy sites.

There was a mitochondrial DNA hit on her in CODIS. A mitochondrial hit is not as definitive as an autosomal (nucDNA) hit. The common maternal ancestor could be their mother, or their 10th great grandmother who lived 400 years ago. mitochondrial DNA results cannot estimate the proximity of the relationship.

And the relatives connected to her by mtDNA were in Trenton, New Jersey. Not VA or NC.

This gonna sound sooo cliche...NJ and CODIS..I think of one group of people from NJ who have spent time lots of time behind bars....
Boo.....but it is probably a penitentiary hit....

Last edited:
And still I think about the DNA research that found Italian heritage on her moms side. Has any more developed from there (family names)?

I haven't read too many details about this case, but I think this was a CODIS match. I assume someone was in a penitentiary and she was a mtDNA match. The person was probably Italian. The majority of these organized crime members have very traceable families going right back to Italy. (I read too many mafia books LOL) Anyway, their family histories are well known and documented.

However, the mtDNA would have no indication of how closely they were related, it only shows that she likely is Italian. I also think they are using old fashioned detective work, since the bag she was found in came from Trenton, New Jersey. There are lots of Italians in Trenton.

Last edited:
MtDNA is useless for ID imho. Because your exact mtDNA sequence is shared by thousands of people who are related in the direct maternal line to you over the last 10.000 years (depending on mutations within the last 1000 years but either way it is not helpful).
It is a very outdated technique, 20 years back state of the art because you couldnt decipher autosomal/nuc DNA yet. They used it if they had an idea who the UID was and if they had a known relative in the maternal line. The Romanoff czar family was IDd that way, but they knew who to compare them to. For an unknown UID it is not really helpful.

If I were an UID and nobody related to me via my unbroken maternal lineage was searching for me, then there would be no way to identify me. I have thousands of MtDNA matches in the world and we do not even share any autosomal DNA because our maternal lines split 5000 or 1000 years ago.

I am an anthroplogist and amateur genetic genealogist. But of course it is MOO :)

I haven't read too many details about this case, but I think this was a CODIS match. I assume someone was in a penitentiary and she was a mtDNA match. The person was probably Italian. The majority of these organized crime members have very traceable families going right back to Italy. (I read too many mafia books LOL) Anyway, their family histories are well known and documented.

However, the mtDNA would have no indication of how closely they were related, it only shows that she likely is Italian. I also think they are using old fashioned detective work, since the bag she was found in came from Trenton, New Jersey. There are lots of Italians in Trenton.

Old fsshioned detective work is great but in such an old cold case it will not help much.
But I am sure they must have done some NucDNA analysis because they claim she is of "Greek, Italian or Jewish descent". It may need a bit of update, though because nowadays you can distinguish extremely well between Greek, Italian and Ashkenazi, at least the commercial companies. Gedmatch does not, but it is a tool that is just a basis for further advanced research.

Somehow my gut feeling is that she was Italian, at least partial.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back