Identified! DE - Bear, WhtFem 16-25, UP7097, pregnant, in laundry bag, Mar'67 - NamUs removed

Is Janis Taylor the missing teen from New Hampshire being considered as a possible match?

The month matches but are off by one year. Could the year be off on either case?

I saw Janis's case and saw an immediate resemblance.

BRB with links. Posting from the phone stinks.

Janis Louise Taylor – The Charley Project

I think I see a match on the dentals. Unless I am mixing up cases..

She seems too young. Sounds like Janis was involved with some shady people. She may have went with them willingly, but I don't see how this all adds up to a pregnancy and abortion. All too often pregnancy with shady people usually involves getting rid of the mother. (Also the dates don't match)

This Jane Doe sounds like she was involved with someone who either didn't want the baby or she didn't want the pregnancy, but lost her life in the process.
www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/nh-janis-louise-taylor-15-concord-jan-9-1968.554071/#post-17506132"

ETA: Wikipedia is now saying she died of sepsis and not an abortion. So, I guess Janis is a possibility. Good catch! https://www.nj.com/mercer/2013/04/delaware_officials_look_to_tre.

Last edited:
I'm not considering Janis's friends or lifestyle. I don't know enough to give that consideration. Way upthread a post mentions the ME looking into a missing female from NH. I didn't see a name (but I could have missed it.) and wondered if it was Janis.

Janis's profile mentions a scar behind an ear....

IMO, she went to a shady hotel/motel for an abortion.
Something went wrong, and someone panicked..dumping her body.
This poor woman has been unidentified so long!

Actually she did not have an abortion. Sounds like she may have douched herself at home. She died of sepsis. She died a slow, agonizing death. There is no evidence of any vaginal trauma. They said there appeared to be soapy residue in her vagina. Delaware officials look to Trenton in attempt to solve 1967 cold case

Actually she did not have an abortion. Sounds like she may have douched herself at home. She died of sepsis. She died a slow, agonizing death. There is no evidence of any vaginal trauma. They said there appeared to be soapy residue in her vagina. Delaware officials look to Trenton in attempt to solve 1967 cold case

I believe a botched abortion by douching or putting soap inside may have lead to the sepsis. If the membranes rupture by the soap or douche, the cervix opens enough to let bacteria travel up and cause sepsis, especially if the fetus and tissues were not expelled completely. Sepsis is vicious because it starts like a common cold with fever and achy joints but turns critical within 24 hours and is lethal if not treated immediately with antibiotics. If her partner/friend/family/lover did not take her to a hospital quickly, maybe because of undeestimating the severity of her condition or because of shame/guilt, the result is a quick and painful death.
I believe that happened here.

I'm not considering Janis's friends or lifestyle. I don't know enough to give that consideration. Way upthread a post mentions the ME looking into a missing female from NH. I didn't see a name (but I could have missed it.) and wondered if it was Janis.

Janis's profile mentions a scar behind an ear....

Janis went missing in January 1968... i dont think the timeline fits..but mistakes have been made in the past.

Is the JD with a genetic genealogy company that does more than just mtDNA? I distantly remember she was.

I wish Othram and their labs could jump in and help.

I believe a botched abortion by douching or putting soap inside may have lead to the sepsis. If the membranes rupture by the soap or douche, the cervix opens enough to let bacteria travel up and cause sepsis, especially if the fetus and tissues were not expelled completely. Sepsis is vicious because it starts like a common cold with fever and achy joints but turns critical within 24 hours and is lethal if not treated immediately with antibiotics. If her partner/friend/family/lover did not take her to a hospital quickly, maybe because of undeestimating the severity of her condition or because of shame/guilt, the result is a quick and painful death.
I believe that happened here.
That's what I think happened. Do it yourself douche with hopes that it would make the pregnancy go away.

Janis went missing in January 1968... i dont think the timeline fits..but mistakes have been made in the past.

That's why I mentioned the years didn't match up. Being one year off and I think Janis was reported missing long after she was last seen. Then with it being so close to the new year perhaps there was a mistake in the year. It wouldn't be the first time we've seen it happen.

Pretty common back in the day (I'm old enough to remember).
But if this was a "home remedy," abortion attempt, who was so worried about being implicated in her death that they disposed of her body? It seems like it would have to be someone who had some involvement. I had assumed it was a backroom abortion doctor, but maybe the father?

But if this was a "home remedy," abortion attempt, who was so worried about being implicated in her death that they disposed of her body? It seems like it would have to be someone who had some involvement. I had assumed it was a backroom abortion doctor, but maybe the father?
When I read she died of sepsis and there appeared to be no actual trauma, it changed my perspective. All of a sudden, she seemed much younger to me. I feel whoever she was with just ignored her and didn't want to take her to get treatment. I'm pretty sure it was that baby's father. Or if she was a runaway, it could have been the people she was staying with. (Same scenario as when some has overdosed and they ignore the person because drugs are illegal)

I have always believed this abortion, a cocktail of different substances, was inserted inside...and possibly with an unsanitary tool. Could have been done in a motel room...would explain the NJ laundry bag. Also, NJ is a neighboring state to DE where she was located. It's an easy stretch of interstate...but, the area where the body was found was desolate at the time. Makes me believe the driver was familiar with the area. I live 15 min from where she was located.
Unfortunately, I never heard about this case until Websleuths years ago.
I think someone panicked, either back alley doctor or the babys father, and left her dumped and nude....so sad and cold :( She prob came down with a fever, and instead of seeking medical attention, they feared legal action and did nothing!
She could of possibly lived...

I dont think she was ever reported missing.
Maybe was a runaway or grew up in foster care.
Very sad

Muvs - Seife

I believe that is what happened to her.
Very sad. She must have been under immense pressure by family, society, religion or her lover. Really desperate. It was never a secret that backalley abortions led to many deaths, still, women did them.
And the sepsis that follows is a quick killer, you die from it within 24 hours if no immediate medical help is sought.

Muvs - Seife

I believe that is what happened to her.
Very sad. She must have been under immense pressure by family, society, religion or her lover. Really desperate. It was never a secret that backalley abortions led to many deaths, still, women did them.
And the sepsis that follows is a quick killer, you die from it within 24 hours if no immediate medical help is sought.

What an awful thing to have to endure... the "good old days" weren't always so good!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back