DE DE - Odessa, Rt 9 & Vance Neck Rd, WhtFem 701UFDE, 20-35, Nov'93

Odessa Jane Doe has been unidentified for 26 years today.

Wondering if Odessa JD's DNA has been run thru any of the ancestry databases. With the prices dropping on these sites, it's become more affordable for many people who have family history issues or secrets to solve. If she had a child, being an adult now, perhaps they are searching for their true identity.

Wondering if Odessa JD's DNA has been run thru any of the ancestry databases. With the prices dropping on these sites, it's become more affordable for many people who have family history issues or secrets to solve. If she had a child, being an adult now, perhaps they are searching for their true identity.

The only DNA database that is working with LE is Family Tree DNA.

FamilyTreeDNA - Genetic Testing for Ancestry, Family History & Genealogy

GedMatch did change their policy for users who uploaded their DNA on there. All users are automatically opt out of LE searches. Users have to opt in for LE to be able to access their DNA.

Okay...I’m still in Delaware (revisiting the DE threads here on WS, that is :D) and I’ve found a potential match but I need help explaining this one...

Rachel Aquino Thomas – The Charley Project

E85E8788-2F81-4EB0-976C-EF4B3ADAC09E.jpeg 1486F2FA-CE2E-4FD8-B778-C8D3ADF984F3.jpeg
Missing from Jacksonville, Florida since September 12, 1991.
- 25 years old Asian (Filipino descent) female
- 5'3”, 115 pounds
- Black hair and light eyes

She had one son at the time of her disappearance. In brief, her husband, William Gregory Thomas, was ultimately convicted of her kidnapping and murder. He had been the only person of interest in her disappearance after his friend admitted to helping him kidnap her with the intention of forcing her to sign legal papers pertaining to a divorce/custody case However, he was charged only after he killed his own mother in 1993. (I have not been able to find the exact details of that crime other than she was shot with a .38 caliber pistol)

William apparently confessed his 1991 crime to several people; friends, coworkers, fellow inmates. And the gist of his story (and some of the court docs I read) was that he forced his way into her residence, after she tried to run he bound and gagged her, forced her into the trunk of her car and “did away her” - insinuating he cut her throat and fed her to the sharks. Or he had his family/Mafia do away with her.

I think there’s likely some bits of truth to his story(s) though. I mapped out the locations and I don’t know that he drove from Jacksonville to Delaware (about a 12 hour drive, one way) with his wife in the trunk of her car, buried her, and returned home. I am wondering if it’s possible that he did dump her body in the ocean. I have not a single clue about the likelihood of a body being thrown into the ocean off of the coast of Florida and ending up in Odessa, Delaware.
41D447C1-BE16-458C-BC25-C56A04B65915.jpeg 39C13A71-AD16-485E-8748-A1775B000C11.jpeg
Is that possible???
508ACB58-B3FB-41AF-BF7B-A93403431341.jpeg 4FBE0D84-3E12-44FE-954E-823DF62077CF.jpeg

I havent been out that way in ages but should take a ride over there to see where exactly Odessa JD was located. Anyone have records with more detailed description of where on the property she was found? Original copy of police report? Mad McGoo, Rt 9 is lined with waterways, marshes, etc but I believe as it comes up to Vance Neck Rd it has turned into drier ground. I dont believe there is any way she could have washed up. The DoeNetwork's article on her states she was in a shallow grave
"Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was found in a shallow grave 3 miles northeast of Odessa, Delware in an overgrown field on state property known as the William J. Baxter Memorial Park, west of Delaware Route 9 and south of Vance Neck Road."

701UFDE

This is my first post on WS. Forgive me if I am repeating anything or anyone. I live about 40 minutes from where 701UFDE was found. I have a couple of Potential Matches for her. But I first wanted to ask if there is a database of dentals. I would rather eliminate my choices than waste other peoples time.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Exclusions:

MP11620 Susan Cerritelli 05/11/1983 Monroe PA
MP262 Dail Dinwiddie 09/24/1992 Richland SC
-- Kathyrn R. Gregory -- -- WA
MP8614 Ellabeth Lodermeier 03/06/1974 Minnehaha SD
MP6340 Catherine Malcolmson 08/13/1985 Middlesex MA
MP6926 Anne Manchester 06/29/1980 New Castle DE
MP2503 Myra Manley 09/02/1983 Philadelphia PA
MP696 Christine Markey 01/10/1993 Madison NY
MP5755 Kathleen Meyers 10/16/1988 New Castle DE
-- Dawn Miller -- -- PA
-- Jennifer Lynn Padnos -- -- VA
MP6962 Virginia Pictou Noyes 04/27/1993 Aroostook ME
MP6581 Diane Robbins 06/18/1985 Benton WA
MP974 Patricia Schmidt 06/04/1985 Henrico VA
MP2413 Tiffany Sessions 02/09/1989 Alachua FL
MP20265 Valerie Smith 03/04/1981 Queens NY

Fuentes is 2 inches taller than the Jane Doe's highest estimated height, but I would say go for it.

+/- two inches is usually considered within range, since there are so many variables with measuring height.

Fuentes looks very possible. She might have been heading to Florida, which would take her not that far from Odessa. It's about 15-20 miles south of I-95, the main north-south route. The long very narrow nose makes her look very close facially.

I was looking at the recon that was available in DoeNet, and when I saw the skulls in NamUs, I tried to overlay them over the recon. The skull didn't align at all to the official recon.

I had been wondering to myself whether I would be to do a recon based only on a skull. I knew from the other reconstruction what her hair looked like, so I gave it a shot. Of course, I don't have charts of standard tissue depths like the experts use, but I showed it to Hal Brown, along with this image demonstrating the alignment of her facial features to the skull.

8dd913a1-7076-4131-9abd-5f4904b13574.jpg
4a66bbdd-b932-46bf-93a7-0ddb5176df10.jpg

He liked it, and went ahead and put it up on NamUs, and sent it to DoeNet and asked them to put it side-by-side with the other recon.

A Gosselin Odessa Skull Overlay - YouTube

ETA: Arisoneide's head is turned a degree or two to her left (making her right cheek appear very slightly larger than the left cheek), so the lateral alignment is a slight bit off.
Your work is awesome and spot on. You have a gift.

Bumping, the 29th anniversary of Odessa Jane Doe’s discovery passed recently.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back