Debbie Reynolds, 84, dead one day after her daughter's passing

Oh, nooo... so sad for Todd, and for all of the family. Very, very sad... :(

That makes 126 gone this year, if Im not mistaken. 45 of those were part of my childhood. :(

Edited to correct number.

Debbie Reynolds, mother of Carrie Fisher, has died

Associated Press 8:53 p.m. EST December 28, 2016

Los Angeles — Actress Debbie Reynolds, star of the 1952 classic ‘Singin’ in the Rain’ and mother of Carrie Fisher, has died, son says.

Reynolds had been taken to the hospital after suffering a medical emergency in Los Angeles one day after her daughter died, multiple media outlets reported Wednesday...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/en...rts-debbie-reynolds-hospitalized-la/95934740/

Debbie Reynolds, mother of Carrie Fisher, has died

Associated Press 8:53 p.m. EST December 28, 2016

Los Angeles — Actress Debbie Reynolds, star of the 1952 classic ‘Singin’ in the Rain’ and mother of Carrie Fisher, has died, son says.

Reynolds had been taken to the hospital after suffering a medical emergency in Los Angeles one day after her daughter died, multiple media outlets reported Wednesday...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/en...rts-debbie-reynolds-hospitalized-la/95934740/

Can you imagine being the son? Just the airplane part of the story ................

I am sorry this is just too weird, i had to read it twice, this holdsay season needs to be over with.

Its just a wreck and yes I am concerned about New Years- the world is nuts and getting nuttier every day

My heart aches for Carries daughter. Losing both her mother and grandmother just a day apart. And for Todd, Carries brother losing his mother and sister. May they find comfort in each other.

2016 has been horrible.

Hi you!

It sure has BEEN how bizarre is this??

I am scrolling down to get caught up and I truly can not believe I am on this thread

Is it fake news? No - just bizaire..................

they were close , mom lived across the street, and Carrie said she would call every day and say

"This is your mother, Debbie!"

Carrie found that hysterical

Wishful Drinking was hysterical and insightful!

RIP America's Sweetheart and America's Princess

How sad now for Carrie's brother and daughter! R.I.P. :rose:

Heartbreaking. Prayers to the entire extended family.

This year cannot end soon enough. Pneumonia 4 times, hospitalized twice, nearly didn't make it. Good friend died of brain cancer - awful, awful, awful, eye surgery, foot nerve problem - not even mentioning the election. And, now this.

She seemed like such a cool lady. RIP Debbie and Carrie.

This year cannot end soon enough. Pneumonia 4 times, hospitalized twice, nearly didn't make it. Good friend died of brain cancer - awful, awful, awful, eye surgery, foot nerve problem - not even mentioning the election. And, now this.

:grouphug:

cnn
161228174009-debbie-reynolds-carrie-fisher-overlay-tease.jpg

Whatever the autopsy will reveal, IMO, Debbie died of a broken heart. Losing a child is the WORST
thing anybody can go through.

I told my husband that she just couldn't face living without Carrie and now they are forever together. May Debbie and Carrie RIP. Prayers for Todd and Carrie's daughter that they can find strength in each others support.

[FONT=&quot]Carrie Fisher‘s younger brother Todd has spoken out about the Star Wars actress during this difficult time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“My sister has graduated to heaven, but she has left us all with so much of her, It is a very sad time for my family and all her friends,” Todd, 48, tweeted about Carrie’s passing, one hour before news of their mother Debbie Reynolds being rushed to the hospital on Wednesday.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]...Reynolds, 84, was at her and Carrie’s property in Beverly Hills when someone from the home called 911. [/FONT]

EARL GIBSON III/WIREIMAGE[FONT=&quot]

Follow

Todd Fisher @tafish

My sister has graduated to heaven, but she has left us all with so much of her,
It is a very sad time for my family and all her friends.
[video=twitter;814195149739692033]https://twitter.com/tafish/status/814195149739692033[/video]

[/FONT]
todd-fisher.jpg

“I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers that are now guiding her to her next stop.”

http://people.com/movies/carrie-fisher-brother-todd-breaks-silence-about-actress-death/

Unbelievable! I had to reread the news three times.

Debbie Reynolds was my favorite star. I sing her songs to my grandchild every time he goes down for nap or bedtime.

Her heart was so broken by Eddie Fisher years ago, that now with the passing of her daughter, it was all too much. At 84, she's lived a long life. I feel for her son and granddaughter who have suddenly lost two important people in their lives.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back