Deborah Bradley's Estranged Husband Speaks - Where Is Baby Lisa?

What do you mean by supposedly back? When did he return? Is there any confirmation of that?

The today interview with peter says he didnt want to be on camera. So i figured he wasnt in iraq. moo First post in this thread.

If they were not together before or when he was there then there would be no/limited communication. IMHO

All I have is my husband's personal experience when he was in Afghanistan. He was in the Northeastern province of Kunar, by the Pakistan border. Fun deployment, not! Anyway, even the guys that were out in the remote valleys would rotate back every couple of weeks for hot chow, showers, and to stop by the MWR tent. One might have to wait for an hour or 2 to get a phone, but phones were available. Many of the guys bought cell phones anyway and would buy minutes from a local vendor so they wouldn't have to wait. The computers in the MWR tent were equipped with webcams as well. My husband managed to call me at least once a week, and his daughter from a previous marriage at least a couple times a month. I don't know where he was at but I can't see him being so busy and remote for 2 years that he couldn't get a phone call home.

Maybe he didn't have a phone number to call her because she changed her phone number??? But, I have a feeling, if he really wanted to make the effort, he could've found a way to contact them. If she was at fault in anyway for the no contact, then he could've went to JAG and received free legal advice. I don't think JAG will draw up the divorce but they will tell him what his paternal rights are.

MOO

I also have to wonder, has Sean Bradley done something that makes him fair game for citicism? He's not a person of interest in this case, that I'm aware of.

He talked to NBC News and told them DB was a good mom, but hadn't seen or talked to her or his 5 year old son for 2 years. That's an oxymoron statement to me, IMHO.

How does he know she's a good mom if he hasn't seen her interact with his own son, or even checked up on his own son in 2 years. People can change a lot during that time.

My opinion only

Mel

That is awesome! Yes, instead of picking SB apart, we should remember that he is serving us as US citizens! He is obviously underpaid so....THANK YOU SB FOR TAKING THE TIME TO SPEAK TO A REPORTER.

Why go off on these tangents of trying to figure out why SB has not seen his son for 2 years, Isn't the issue to find LISA IRWIN? Is there a discussion group that exists to help? I am not sure what horrifies me more...a person being disturbed enough to take a child away from a loving environment with her parents or all of the people that are a part of convicting DB and JI before any REAL evidence is found. Thank you for reminding me of the exact reason we did away with our television years ago!
Where is the community outcry, support? Are any of us that blog, actively looking for LISA while out on a daily basis or are we just hiding throwing unfounded accusations around that take the spotlight off of LISA and onto convicting her devastated, grieving parents. Wouldn't it be better to keep a positive outlook on the fact that LISA just might be out there and with a joined effort, we might find her! Valuable time and resources have all ready been lost due to LE and the FBI focusing mainly on the alleged guilt of Lisa's parents. Remember...Do not judge, lest you be judged!
This is a great site with a noble purpose, let's stick to the task at hand and FIND LISA IRWIN! I say these things with respect for every person here, I just feel we are buying into a media rating frenzy that distorts, edits, misquotes, confuses and misuses their influence for their own personal gain.

You're right. SB's contact with DB and his son is really a moot point and does little to help Baby Lisa.

Peeps, we are not going to sleuth SB.... thank you ....also attack the post *respectfully* and do not attack fellow posters. :seeya:

That is awesome! Yes, instead of picking SB apart, we should remember that he is serving us as US citizens! He is obviously underpaid so....THANK YOU SB FOR TAKING THE TIME TO SPEAK TO A REPORTER.

Why go off on these tangents of trying to figure out why SB has not seen his son for 2 years, Isn't the issue to find LISA IRWIN? Is there a discussion group that exists to help? I am not sure what horrifies me more...a person being disturbed enough to take a child away from a loving environment with her parents or all of the people that are a part of convicting DB and JI before any REAL evidence is found. Thank you for reminding me of the exact reason we did away with our television years ago!
Where is the community outcry, support? Are any of us that blog, actively looking for LISA while out on a daily basis or are we just hiding throwing unfounded accusations around that take the spotlight off of LISA and onto convicting her devastated, grieving parents. Wouldn't it be better to keep a positive outlook on the fact that LISA just might be out there and with a joined effort, we might find her! Valuable time and resources have all ready been lost due to LE and the FBI focusing mainly on the alleged guilt of Lisa's parents. Remember...Do not judge, lest you be judged!
This is a great site with a noble purpose, let's stick to the task at hand and FIND LISA IRWIN! I say these things with respect for every person here, I just feel we are buying into a media rating frenzy that distorts, edits, misquotes, confuses and misuses their influence for their own personal gain.

Thank you for expressing into words what I could not after reading this thread. Even though I don't post often, I have been a regular here for a few months. Honestly, reading some of these posts on this thread questioning Sean Bradley's motives, actions, etc. is disgusting. :furious: He is an innocent party in this & didn't ask to be thrown into this chaos. We don't know the 'back story' and frankly it has nothing to do with Lisa. Neither does Sean's relationship (whatever it may be) with his child have anything to do with Baby Lisa.

10/25/2011 (TODAY): Deborah Irwin's Estranged Husband Speaks - Where Is Baby Lisa? - YouTube

Sean Bradley says:
---he and Deborah are still married b/c they simply can’t afford to get a divorce
---she has always been a good mom
--"I’m still confused by what’s going on, this is craziness to me".
---has been interviewed by the FBI
---hasn’t spoken to Deborah, or seen their son in 2 years
--"I’m concerned about him and want to make sure he’s safe".
--"I miss him and would love to have him back".

(b/u bm)

See...I'm confused by this statement. As a military member, he is entitled to free legal counsel/representation/aid, etc. A divorce would not cost him a penny.

Not sure what branch he is in, but here is the Army's JAG www.jagcnet.army.mil/

Maybe it's not as simple as I'd like it to be.

10/25/2011 (TODAY): Deborah Irwin's Estranged Husband Speaks - Where Is Baby Lisa? - YouTube

Sean Bradley says:
---he and Deborah are still married b/c they simply can’t afford to get a divorce

No. The 3rd child is Jeremy's, with a different mother.

I wonder why he hasn't spoken to Deborah in 2 years? Maybe they've kept in contact via email and snail mail. And maybe he's kept in contact with his son that way, too. It does make me wonder.

If there was dirt on her, or bad blood between them, he could have come out swinging. I think it does say something that her estranged husband didn't go for the jugular, especially given how the media coverage has been on this case.

Everybody said Casey was a good mother, everybody said Darlie Routier was a good mom and usually most moms are good moms until whatever happens that cause their child to either go missing or wind up dead. Im sure Jon benet ramsey's parents were both good, to me this dosent say a whole lot. I dont think this fact should hold much weight unless you are a bad absent druggie neglectful parent that when the crime happened you can say " well no wonder" otherwise most parents fit the " good" description.

And unfortunately if they never get any more facts in this case and the baby nevers shows up then this may be another one of those unsolved missing kids that go un-punished.

While I am not sleuthing SB here (honey currently in Afghanistan as I type) I do have one question pertaining to this marriage.
Since DB and SB are still legally married, under the law, can Lisa be the legal child of SB?

Sean Bradley says:

BBM

Hasn't spoken to Deborah, hasn't seen their son in 2 years.

How does this equate to hasn't talked with son. That is not what is stated. I don't understand. :confused:

repost-
BBM
There are many active military men and women who have not seen their children for extended times because of deployment. Sadly, there are some who never see their children again as they are KIA/MIA.

When you have been a child of a service member, wondering when they will come home, you will understand it is a part of military life. This should not be made into an issue, the man is fighting for our country and deserves respect! IMHO

Respectfully, I feel like you put words in my mouth, and that I need to set this straight. No part of my post was an attack on SB. It was simply pointing out that for him and Debbie to not have talked in two years, there is likely a story there (but not something he is going to tell the media.)

The amount of respect I have for our military is immense, for the record.

While I am not sleuthing SB here (honey currently in Afghanistan as I type) I do have one question pertaining to this marriage.
Since DB and SB are still legally married, under the law, can Lisa be the legal child of SB?

No, not unless he fathered the child.

He talked to NBC News and told them DB was a good mom, but hadn't seen or talked to her or his 5 year old son for 2 years. That's an oxymoron statement to me, IMHO.

How does he know she's a good mom if he hasn't seen her interact with his own son, or even checked up on his own son in 2 years. People can change a lot during that time.

My opinion only

Mel

Perhaps he was just speaking of past experience of what he knows of her. Even if you haven't seen someone in a few years and someone asks a question to you of what type of mother that person is, how are you going to answer? If you only knew her as a good mother, why wouldn't you answer that? If there is no bad blood and he has no low opinion of her, why trash her. You do feel it be better if he just said 'I don't know'.

I think it's interesting that he said he is worried about his son, and would love to have him back. That's what is important to me. Because it's exactly how I would expect a non-custodial parent to feel, under these circumstances.

Maybe he has been out of the country for 18 mos, and is rounding it up to two years. MOO

IIRC his family didn't "bad-mouth" DB either.

When i worked for lawyers in Texas you could not " basterdize" a child out of a legimate marriage. Now that there is DNA I think a hubby can go to court and demand not to be held liable for that other child but really im not sure. it may depend on what state it is.

I have had experience first hand with something like this. Here in SC if a woman is still legally married to a man but has a child with another man the child is considered the child of her husband. If the woman wants to give the child up for adoption her husband must sign away his parental rights to that child even though he is not the biological father. The husband could refuse to do so and take his wife to court and get custody of the child even though he is not the biological father. When I was with my ex-husband his wife before me had the above situation.

Yes. I am a paralegal and in many states, not all, since DB is still legally married to SB, he would be considered the legal father of any child produced under that union.

I was involved with a cases where a husband and wife had been separated for 2-3 years with no contact. The wife came to my firm requesting assistance with a divorce as she found out she was pregnant with her boyfriend's baby and wanted a divorce quickly. The husband him-hawed around until our firm finally gave him the 'push' he needed to sign the papers... under GA law at the time, he would have had to pay support, etc. unless he could prove the child wasn't his becuase the child was born under that union. He signed them pretty darn quick after hearing that.

Geez I hope I made sense.

My opinion only

Mel

OMG...we sure do pick people apart in this forum. He stated she WAS a good mom. I take that as : she was a good mom in the time that they were together, hence the word WAS.
For whatever reason that he has or has not seen or talked to his son should not be an issue here.

Yes. I am a paralegal and in many states, not all, since DB is still legally married to SB, he would be considered the legal father of any child produced under that union.

I was involved with a cases where a husband and wife had been separated for 2-3 years with no contact. The wife came to my firm requesting assistance with a divorce as she found out she was pregnant with her boyfriend's baby and wanted a divorce quickly. The husband him-hawed around until our firm finally gave him the 'push' he needed to sign the papers... under GA law at the time, he would have had to pay support, etc. unless he could prove the child wasn't his becuase the child was born under that union. He signed them pretty darn quick after hearing that.

Geez I hope I made sense.

I've also seen it where if there is a separation and the mother gets pregnant, neither party can file for divorce until the child is born to determine who the father is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back