Diapers-backpack found/Jersey arrested(unrelated charges) 10-15-11 DEVELOPING STORIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC that neighbor is a bit older (while not elderly) and may well think everyone younger than him is MUCH younger.

LOL you are probably 100% correct. I own a beer store and our policy is to card anyone that looks under 30...well I am 51 and let me tell you how YOUNG those 30 year olds look....I have Id'd people up to the age of 40..that's when you know you are getting old :)

The birthday is in the info to the right of the photo,HTH

The link is to the Missouri Department of Corrections, the last time he was incarcerated in 2009. His new booking photo will most likely be in the news in about 20 minutes or tomorrow.

IIRC that neighbor is a bit older (while not elderly) and may well think everyone younger than him is MUCH younger.

Just like kids think their parents are way older. :crazy:

I am just suspicious that someone planted items there...I don't know why.

The link is to the Missouri Department of Corrections, the last time he was incarcerated in 2009. His new booking photo will most likely be in the news in about 20 minutes or tomorrow.

Maybe he got Botox and dyed his hair blond. JK

RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
#babylisa. @nbcactionnews reports Missouri Governor calling out National Guard troops to search for baby.
4 minutes ago

Would they call the National Guard if the diapers had no significance? Baby Lisa is out there and they know it and need extra manpower to find her tonight. I think she is still alive but they have to move fast.

RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
Abandoned home at NE Russell and Chouteau Trafficway. Police don't believe diapers are fresh. @nbcactionnews #babylisa Crime scene up.
1 minute ago

don't feel bad patty G, I can t get any of that to show up either. I see the spaces it should appear next o and the photo but none of the stats.

Thanks. Perhaps this is an old booking photo from 2009. Just thinking out loud because the date of the last update to the website was yesterday.

Found this Google street view of house (tho I'm sure it's been posted already)...One is the house we have a picture of on here and there is a house beside it that looks empty. The 2nd house is on the corner of Chouteau and Russell.
(I hope the link werks :biggrin:).

Omg thank u!!

Were there diapers in the house also or just on the property? Baby wipes might be something that a person would buy to wash up with if they are homeless. They would be easy to take into public restrooms for sink baths.

IF the police are basing their opinions that the find tonight has nothing to do with Baby Lisa because of the distance from the home, then IMO those police officers of that opinion need a swift kick in the arse. I understand that they have apparently decided that DB is the perp but it is clear that either we (the public) are not being told relevent information or LE is simply refusing to investigate anyone or anything not connected to their "prime suspect".

I hope and pray that they do the right thing and check this out completely and not do some half assed job of it for Lisa's sake.

MOO

I got the impression that the items must appear to be too old to be related to baby Lisa's disappearance. Not that the distance from the home was the issue.

Oh many of us are extremely cognizant of that fact. And as for me, Mr. Tanko looks evil to the grandmomma side of me that would not want him in charge of one of my grandchildren!!!

I would not say evil cause I think evil wears all sorts of faces. But I hear ya on the grandmomma thing. This yaya would not let this guy be around any child unsupervised, based on his criminal history alone. Plus in his old booking photo, he has the look of someone who might be interested in being patient and kind to others. Children need lots of both.

My initial reaction to this guy's mug shot is very unfair, and should be taken as just that - an unfair reaction.

He looks like a perv, and an angry one at that.

I say again, I am often wrong about intuitive first reactions to people, not to mention that they usually don't look all that good in mug shots.

So take it with a teaspoon of salt. But, I sure would love to know his birthdate and place of birth. I know it is ridiculous to ever hope for a time of birth!

Mr. Tanko's photo doesn't scream baby kidnapper to me. More along the lines of a misdemeanor wacky weed offender.

So the house was searched and cleared - does that mean LE found the diapers and they were there at that time? Or were "very old" irrelevant diapers then brought in by some mysterious person after the fact? This is very confusing.

And the ones found in the woods? are there very old and nothing much to get excited about? Then why was it reported as a new discovery? Did LE/searchers already find them laying around out there in the woods and just left them there?

None of this is making sense to me.

No, the house had not been searched previously. It was outside the intensive search area.

But I saw it earlier that this house was already searched once. Wouldn't that "left over move out" trash have been noted - especially if it contained used diapers? And why the crime scene tape and CSI requested? If all that was found the first time around - wouldn't they have done that then?

The home was located near an area where police had been conducting searches for missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin over the past few weeks, though Kansas City Police Department Capt. Steve Young said it was just outside of the scope where officers had done the most extensive searches.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29498038/detail.html#ixzz1auQEZ2MP

I got the impression that the items must appear to be too old to be related to baby Lisa's disappearance. Not that the distance from the home was the issue.

There has been conflicting information coming out about if this house has been searched before or not. One of the things that say the house has not been searched before is that the house was out of the search range in relation to Lisa's home. If that is the case then I want to know why in the hello the police didn't bother to search an area that is a mere 4 blocks from Lisa's home.

MOO

John S. Tanko

Tampering With Motor Vehicle - 1st Degree { Felony C RSMo: 569.080 }
Date: 10/13/2011 Code: 2301300

10/14/2011 Bond Set
$10,000.00 JS/aml

Warrant Issued
Document ID: 11-CYARW-1015, for TANKO, JOHN S.

Probable Cause Statement Filed

Complaint Filed

From arrest in 2008

TANKO , JOHN S , Defendant
3718 N LISTER

KANSAS CITY, MO 64116

Year of Birth: 1969
Burglary - 2nd Degree { Felony C RSMo: 569.170 }

https://web.mo.gov/doc/offSearchWeb...44575187.jpg&docId=1175445&method=changePhoto

So he was arrested 2 days ago?:waitasec:

Were there diapers in the house also or just on the property? Baby wipes might be something that a person would buy to wash up with if they are homeless. They would be easy to take into public restrooms for sink baths.

Great point. I use baby wipes for quick cleanups when not near running water and I haven't had a baby for a number of years.

Diapers were reported in basement of abandoned home and in nearby woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loretti11