Did Dad take a Poly?

i feel strongly that Jeremy is a good hardworking man who is just devestated by this. So much so that the poor man seems to have shut down.

He has owned his own home and worked hard since 18...has custody of his son and takes extra jobs to support his family.

This is my feeling and opinion of course. i know others feel differently...but this is what I see and feel when I see this poor man.

On the Judge Jeannie show yesterday, they were showing clips about body language. The interviewer said, "Not only did you fail the poly, but LE (it sounded like she said LE, if not, somebody please correct) said you failed miserably. When the interviewer was saying this, JI sat there shaking his head affirmatively. Wow!

He was aware that his gf failed miserably. He stated in a different clip that DB doesn't know anything more then he does. He appeared to try to comfort DB as he was speaking.

That is some stance to take from a person that you are not even married to. He is backing her up completely...how odd!

Neither my ex nor my DW drank, but I did this many a time. I've held down as many as 3 jobs Mon to Friday and one or more on weekends trying to get ahead in life. I have a brother that owns and operates 2 businesses plus drives school bus. It's the way we were raised, to work hard and make an honest living. In fact, my father had a plaque that read "The world owes you a living, but you have to work hard to receive it" He too at times worked more than one job to provide for his family. It's not unheard of.
When I got out on my own at 17 I worked 12 hour shifts (7p to 7a) in a hot factory and got in a cat nap before going out in the hot sun to harvest cedar trees for 8 hours. Just a couple years ago I went to do an electrical job I thought would take a mere 2 to 3 hours, I started about 3pm but plans changed and I was there until 7am wrapping up. I'm not sure why people think this is unusual. :twocents:

God Bless you. I did my double shifts when I was in my 20's too. Not always for the money either, but just for the kudos in the future. Admit it's not the same at 40 or 45 and having a household chores and kids to take care of. I did a PT "extra" instead. If I was JI and busting my hind-end to make it easier for my gf to be home, taking care of the baby, kids and house, then I could certainly see him a little miffed if she was getting snonkered on regular basis. IMO Maybe I'm old fashion, but why didn't they take a Sat and get a JP and tie the commitment? JMO

Wow, so he worked a full shift that day, comes home for a fast bite to eat and watches the kids while mom and brother do a wine and wipe run. Then he's off again at 5:30PM and works not a few hours, but a full shift again returning home at 4AM? That's 9 1/2 hours.....and then to return to work again in few hours? ?????

Is there the possiblity he was fed up with this relationship and had the baby taken....for numerous reasons? Something tells me this isn't the first time she has gone on a binge...while he was at work, imo.

honestly, that's not that uncommon. It's called swing shifting...actually, by those that have to do it, it's often called sh** shifting, lol.

God Bless you. I did my double shifts when I was in my 20's too. Not always for the money either, but just for the kudos in the future. Admit it's not the same at 40 or 45 and having a household chores and kids to take care of. I did a PT "extra" instead. If I was JI and busting my hind-end to make it easier for my gf to be home, taking care of the baby, kids and house, then I could certainly see him a little miffed if she was getting snonkered on regular basis. IMO Maybe I'm old fashion, but why didn't they take a Sat and get a JP and tie the commitment? JMO

they can't make it official and get married. DB is still married to her last husband, legally. They are seperated, and I take it, estranged, but she is still married, nonetheless.

In one of the earliest media interviews on the case, JI did some fancy tap dancing (side-stepping, actually ;) around the issue of whether or not he'd taken or would take a polygraph. The guy's been on my radar from the get-go, at the very least for covering for something that DB might have done to Lisa. She must have some unusual power over him if he'd go down with her for whatever happened to Lisa :rolleyes:

My ears perked up one day last week when I heard that Jeremy expected to be home around 10:00. Is that in the People magazine article? I think JI was home long before 4:00AM as first believed. At the very least, he might have had a dinner break during his shift and was able to go home for a while or otherwise leave the premises. I'd really like to know if he left, when he left, where he went, and how long he was gone. jmo

Wait a minute, in the Judge Pirro interviews, jeremy says that he normally would get home around five p.m., and the article in people says that he worked his normal day job and then went to the Starbucks site. Either one of those is wrong or something is rotten in Denmark. If all of that is true, and it is also true that jeremy was the one that stayed with the boys and Lisa while Db was at the store earlier that day, then Jeremy Irwin has mastered the art of being in two places at the same time. He would have been at his day job, prior to going to Starbucks, when DB was at the store? Right? Not home with Lisa. Either someone somewhere is not correct in their info, or I am just massively confused.

Maybe he came home between jobs and stayed with the kids while she went to the store.

Maybe he came home between jobs and stayed with the kids while she went to the store.

In one of the videos I just transcribed, Jeremy says that the police suggested that he did something in the 2 hours he was home...so if he left at 5:20, that means that he got home at roughly 3:20, which still isn't normal, as he says in a prior interview that he usually got home at 5...I suck at math, but I don't think it's my fault that this one just isn't adding up.

In one of the earliest media interviews on the case, JI did some fancy tap dancing (side-stepping, actually ;) around the issue of whether or not he'd taken or would take a polygraph. The guy's been on my radar from the get-go, at the very least for covering for something that DB might have done to Lisa. She must have some unusual power over him if he'd go down with her for whatever happened to Lisa :rolleyes:

My ears perked up one day last week when I heard that Jeremy expected to be home around 10:00. Is that in the People magazine article? I think JI was home long before 4:00AM as first believed. At the very least, he might have had a dinner break during his shift and was able to go home for a while or otherwise leave the premises. I'd really like to know if he left, when he left, where he went, and how long he was gone. jmo

BBM.... he has been on my radar as well. I have also been wanting the answers to the bolded questions since day 1.

What I cannot figure out is why Deb changed her timeline, eliminating the 10:30 check on Lisa. Eliminating that check does nothing to help her, only makes her look worse... there has to be a profound reason for why she changed it. I don't think it has anything to do with her alleged drunkenness, or trying to provide a cover for the time leading up to 10:30.... the neighbor was supposedly there until 10:30 and therefore could tell LE what Deb did or didn't do during that time. I believe that her original version is the truth, but she changed it for some reason yet unknown to us.... but WHY??? I'm wondering if it was actually JI who was home at 10:30 and who checked on Lisa... but maybe Deb said it was her that checked Lisa because he was supposed to be at work at that time and did not want to get him in trouble? Perhaps JI convinced her to change her story to the last time she saw Lisa was at 6:40, which would leave them BOTH off the hook during that critical time period (in other words, she changed it to cover for JI)???

I do not believe that Lisa disappeared due to an accident. As far as DB harming her, I just cannot understand how it would benefit her to do so. As I've said before, this is a man who, despite the fact that she is still legally married to someone else... he takes her into HIS home, and also takes in her and ex-husband's child, he goes to work to support them and their new baby daughter... she is living off of him, not vice versa... WHY would Deb want to rid of Lisa who is the glue that holds them together??? It just doesn't make sense... no history of abuse, even her ex-in-laws had nothing but positive things to say about her.

But perhaps for some reason JI wanted out, and realized what a mess it would be, trying to get her out of his house, another custody battle... who knows what he might have been thinking?? It would help if we had more solid info re: JI. @ not_my_kids, I am looking forward to your transcription and timeline! :)

There also remains the possibility that someone abducted Lisa, though I think if that's the case, it would be someone familiar with DB and/or JI.

Such a mystery!

MOO

In one of the videos I just transcribed, Jeremy says that the police suggested that he did something in the 2 hours he was home...so if he left at 5:20, that means that he got home at roughly 3:20, which still isn't normal, as he says in a prior interview that he usually got home at 5...I suck at math, but I don't think it's my fault that this one just isn't adding up.
Getting home at 3:20 or so isn't all that abnormal for "construction" people. My DH is an iron worker. He works from 7 to 3 everyday. Its possible that JI told his day boss about the "side job" and changed his hours that day so he would have a break in between. Or he could have left his day job early that day so he could go home, eat, rest a little and then back out.

I don't find his hours odd that day - BUT, I do want to know about a "dinner break" at the night job. Did he take one? And also, now he's said he was supposed to be home by 10 but actually didn't get there until 3:30. Let's do the math - he left at approx 5:30. If he was supposed to be home by 10 - then that's only approx a 5 hour job. Now, the job goes to at least 3 - well, from 10 to 3 is another 5 hours. I do realize that some jobs pop up with unforseen problems - but to actually double the time it would take? Construction foremen work off of estimates for pricing. To have a job DOUBLE in time - well, that's usually a problem for everyone.

Plus if he told DB that he should be home by 10 and then doesn't show up until 3? When my DH goes out - especially on night jobs - if he isn't home, I start to worry. He can't communicate, even with cells. Its tough to do when you're stories up in the air walking girders to stop and call home because you're gonna be late - KWIM?

Just wish we could get the true story of everything that went on that night.

One of the news stations put up a picture real quick of a starbucks during their news report and said "JI was doing electrical repairs at 'THIS' local Starbucks." It was the starbucks at 41st and Main in midtown KC which is 25 minutes from JI's northland house. It could have been a pic on file or the closest one to their news station so they snapped a quick picture, but they reported it as the starbucks he worked at. Who knows but, if accurate, then JI most likely would not have drove home for lunch because of the distance.

Also, KCTV5 timeline lists JI home at 3:30 which means he left work around 3am.
http://www.kctv5.com/category/222182/search-for-lisa (scroll to the bottom of the site)

It would make sense for JI to work overnight if he was doing repairs at an existing Starbucks that was opened during the day so he had to work while it was closed. I assumed at first he was working at a new Starbucks under construction.

:waitasec: "Did Dad take a poly" ?

MOO ... I just do NOT see LE giving the dad a "pass" -- even if he has an "alibi" that he was working and everything "checked out" ... LE still has to look at what JI was doing hours BEFORE Jeremy went to work as well as WAS JI AT WORK the entire time JI says he was work -- which I am sure LE has done ...

My "guess" is that JI "refused" a poly ... because he is claiming that he was at work during the hours of 5:30 pm and 3:30 am when Baby Lisa went "missing" ...

MOO ... JI's "demeanor" and "overly calm attitude" is getting "hinkier" and "hinkier" as the days, and now weeks, go by ... unless this type of "demeanor" is JI's "norm" ...

I tried to give JI the "benefit of the doubt" in the beginning ... but as time goes on, JI is NOT cooperating with LE and has retained an attorney as well as DB ...

So WHY not cooperate, JI ? Which IMO is he has "something" to hide ...

MOO ...

BBM Am I the only one seeing that as 10 mins and not five?

While watching the Today Show this morning with hubby I was talking to him about my concerns with JI and it hit me that I had messed up a post by saying 5 mins instead of 10 mins. I blame the lateness (or it being way to early depending on how you look at it) for my mistake. Now, having said that, it still does not make sense that it takes him only 10 mins to get to work and yet took as long as it did to call 911.

MOO

:waitasec: "Did Dad take a poly" ?

MOO ... I just do NOT see LE giving the dad a "pass" -- even if he has an "alibi" that he was working and everything "checked out" ... LE still has to look at what JI was doing hours BEFORE Jeremy went to work as well as WAS JI AT WORK the entire time JI says he was work -- which I am sure LE has done ...

My "guess" is that JI "refused" a poly ... because he is claiming that he was at work during the hours of 5:30 pm and 3:30 am when Baby Lisa went "missing" ...

MOO ... JI's "demeanor" and "overly calm attitude" is getting "hinkier" and "hinkier" as the days, and now weeks, go by ... unless this type of "demeanor" is JI's "norm" ...

I tried to give JI the "benefit of the doubt" in the beginning ... but as time goes on, JI is NOT cooperating with LE and has retained an attorney as well as DB ...

So WHY not cooperate, JI ? Which IMO is he has "something" to hide ...

MOO ...

My hinky meter broke last week when I heard that JI expected to be home by 10:00 that night. Anyhoo, your post says much of what I'd say about JI's peculiar behavior and deserves a second read. :clap:

I'm still torn on that poly that DB took. LE, as far as I have read (and admittedly I've missed a lot) still hasn't confirmed that she did fail the poly. I was listening to NG and she asked SY if DB did in fact fail and SY's comment was that she (DB) was free to say whatever she wanted. That's just such a nonanswer that it has me questioning whether or not she DID fail it or if she was just told she failed it to get a reaction.

Mel

LE could very easily clear up alot of the questions and concerns that are surrounding both DB and JI if they wanted to. The media hears a small snippet of something and run with it. The public takes that information as gospel and in turn blames the parents or just the mom.

LE knows if DB failed her LDT or not. However they refuse to answer the question saying that they will neither confirm nor deny as it is an ongoing investigation.

LE knows the truth about the cell phones and if there was an outgoing, incoming phone call or text during the night and early morning hours in question. Again, they refuse to answer if it is true or not.

LE knew about the sightings of a man walking down the road with a baby in a diaper during the night in question. They refused to say anything about the sighting at first, then said the man had nothing to do with the case, then changed that to they are checking the sightings out and have not ruled anything out. The sightings have not been discounted.

LE knows who they are looking at as POIs and/or suspects in this case however they are refusing to confirm nor deny that everyone except for DB has been cleared.

And all of that makes the media foam at the mouth, run rampant with accusations that may or may not be warrented and do nothing as far as helping find Baby Lisa. If the public is lead to believe by the media that the parents or the mom was the person that did this without LE setting the record straight then why would the public be willing to come forward with any information they may have about the case?

MOO

Great questions on this post, I can see Im not alone with those very same thoughts. Now I just read a post that he didnt call 911 till 4am in the morning??? it took him a half hour to call 911????? thats crazy, or did he say he got home, then waited 25 minutes before checking on his daughter??? im confused, I would love a timeline too to look at. If he waited a half hour to call 911 after finding his daughter missing that is just nuts!!!

I still think many posters on here are right, they shouldnt dismiss JI right away, too many unanswered questions, I think they should take a look at the previous cell phones he used to see if he was talking to any other people (numbers) he didnt call often or after a certain date, before his old cell phones were 'disconnected' and he used that work one. I find the 'rule of the firsts' thing happening a little too much here, just like another poster said on the other thread, too many 'firsts' thing makes thing seem hinky. wish i could repost that on this thread...not sure how to do that or if its even allowed.

Dads alibi doesn't fly if Lisa was gone prior to him leaving for work. I've questioned why they have taken the exact time line as fact and haven't done a rewind on circumstances.

So, maybe my beef isn't with the poly itself but the timeline prior to Lisa missing.

Dads alibi doesn't fly if Lisa was gone prior to him leaving for work. I've questioned why they have taken the exact time line as fact and haven't done a rewind on circumstances.

So, maybe my beef isn't with the poly itself but the timeline prior to Lisa missing.

A comprehensive timeline is only as accurate and truthful as the parties who provide said timeline. IMO, the timeline in Lisa's "disappearance" begins hours before the 9-1-1 call claiming that the baby was missing. I have a very strong feeling that something happened to Lisa long long before her parents contacted authorities to report their missing baby, during which time cleanup would have taken place and a story concocted by the responsible parties. jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back