Dina's Media Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree--<modsnip>, not SDSO, right? I cannot imagine why Dina is working so hard to alienate and insult everyone who has any influence in responding to her request to reopen Max's case and change the death certificate?? Those scathing, insulting letters she wrote and posted publicly, the interviews-- pretty insulting to the very people she was appealing to just days earlier. That can't help them see her as rational and reasonable, imo.

Seriously delusional. I agree. They have been most patient with her, imo.
I'm reminded of those birds who nest on the beach -terns, I think. They'll hop around, screaming and pretending to have a broken wing in order to distract hungry gulls from their chicks. Dina's public display of disrespect towards law enforcement screams "don't look there, look at ME! LOOK AT ME!!!" Apparently, it's a good enough act.

MOO

If true, Dina's campaign seems a tad bit hypocritical does it not?

What was she trying to hide, and from whom?

You know, when a woman is going through a divorce, and there a no children involved, it is very common for her to begin using her maiden name right away, so I don't get why Dina had her panty hose in a wad because Rebecca chose to use her maiden name.

I agree, Dina is hell bent on having everyone believe that Rebecca harmed Max........and I don't think that she did. IMO, Dina needs some serious psychological help.

I can't see any reason why Rebecca would harm Maxie; however I can find many reasons why someone would murder Rebecca.

What was she trying to hide, and from whom?

You know, when a woman is going through a divorce, and there a no children involved, it is very common for her to begin using her maiden name right away, so I don't get why Dina had her panty hose in a wad because Rebecca chose to use her maiden name.

Hi InParadise. I am a big fan of yours. I've been following you and am really grateful for your news, factual tidbits and insights. I think your presence has been of tremendous value to everyone on this board. Thank you.

I have a slightly different take on this whole mess with the different "names" and stories surrounding Dina and Rebecca having not told the entire truth about them.

My guess is that Dina gave the children a different name in order to keep it a secret from Kimberly, Jonah's first wife. It makes even more sense if in fact Kimberly already had a grudge against Dina for her questionable past behavior. (ie: having an affair with Jonah while Kimberly was pregnant) Perhaps there was something more about Dina specifically that Jonah wanted to hide? Its anyone's guess. It appears as if Jonah had some sort of reason for not wanting Kimberly to know he was having Dina around and taking care of her (Kimberly's) children. Whatever the reason it was wrong to do so.

I do not know Rebecca and cannot confirm Jonah is the culprit for not disclosing to Dina her full current legal name. I have my suspicions. In all fairness Rebecca could have, and one could argue "should have known" it would be best to give Dina her married legal name as well. Did Dina ask for both? I find it hard to believe that Dina, a big believer in utilizing background checks and hiring private investigators, did not ask Rebecca if she had any other names she had used in the past decade other than Zahau. Knowing Dina's fondness for background checks and Jonah's love of secrets, I'll bet Jonah had fully coached Rebecca to reveal as little as possible to Dina prior to their meeting and Rebecca knew not give her more than 1 name. It sounds as if Jonah really delayed Dina ever meeting Rebecca for months on end and he had no intention of giving Dina more than very little.

I wonder what Kimberly Shacknai thinks of this whole campaign Dina has been waging?

IMO This whole pattern with "secrecy" surrounding the names and Jonah's live in girlfriends started with Dina being a willing participant in the lie about her name and repeated with Jonah asking Rebecca to keep all her names secret from Dina. IMO it is Jonah who loves playing mind games and keeping secrets from the ex's.

How unfortunate Dina and Rebecca listened to any man who would ask them to do this. This should have been a huge RED FLAG to either one.

I don't think Rebecca's dropped shoplifting charges were a deal breaker for Jonah, otherwise he would have kicked Rebecca to the curb when Dina told him. Dropped shoplifting charges would not have prevented Rebecca getting a job working with children in Ca or Az so no problems there.

I think Dina's proposed law is a great idea going forward for other children and their families. I really hope she gains some momentum and is able to get that passed. I think Dina's situation could have best been served by passing a law that children must be living in a house that is up to code. I hope Dina considers that going forward as well. All children should be living in a house that is safe and up to code.

I wonder if Kimberly Shacknai knew prior to Max's fall that GS and ES were living in a house not up to code with dangerously low railings?

Very interesting Mr. Spock, and, WELCOME!

I have no doubt Jonah may want things kept secret, or rather private... depends on what it is and the motive. However, I think Rebecca did probably feel some fear of Dina from the start. Not only because she heard about it from Jonah (and it's in court records, I'm sure there was a lot more), but because Dina was probably intimidating and demanding, maybe manipulative. I'm saying that because of what I've seen over the course of this case.

I'd really have to wonder if Dina would agree to keep a secret, her name, only because Jonah insisted on it. And, I really doubt that Dina was afraid of Kimberly.

Both Dina and Rebecca should take their own responsabilies also, they are grown women. From what I've heard I don't think Dina's claims in the media about Rebecca's REAL name ring quite true. First off, Mary said that Rebecca came to this country a Zahau. Dina could very well have found out who she was and did, so? I never heard Dina claim in the media that she approached Rebecca or Jonah straight up that she wanted to investigate Rebecca because she thought she had a right to (not that I think Dina had a right at that point).

I think it was sleezy to depict it in the media as Rebecca represented herself with some name she was only known by in another country. The overtone to me, was like someone who was here illegally using a fake name and/or hiding from the law. That was not true.

I've wondered about some pattern here of Dina blaming Rebecca in the media for things she, herself, has done. As I've said before, to me, it's criminal when you engage in domestic abuse. Dina and Jonah were lucky no charges were filed. I also have to wonder if other accusations toward Dina, some we don't know, have similarly surfaced as accusations toward Rebecca. I'm not sure. I can see where she may have been criticized as irresponsible for not showing up to the hospital the day of Max's accident for 4-5 hours after 911 was called. We've discussed the 'recovering' excuse and I don't buy it. It appears Max was to go home at noon, so that makes it all look even worse. Maybe some game playing with the other parent on visiting issues? Then Dina was recovering still on Tuesday for 12+ hours. Something is not right with this picture.

Would anyone be willing to list the things that Dina has accused RZ of that she herself is actually guilty of? There are quite a few. I'd like to see them all in one list....

Would anyone be willing to list the things that Dina has accused RZ of that she herself is actually guilty of? There are quite a few. I'd like to see them all in one list....

I remembered a possible one. Jonah said in a police report that Dina choked him? Then we have Dina saying the Jiu Jitsu and 'tap out' thing about Rebecca that, of course, is from an anonymous source.

She told police, however, that Jonah didn't command the dog to attack her.

Shacknai said his wife came at him and tried to choke him, according to the documents.

In January 2009, Dina Shacknai accused her husband of elbowing her in the breast. Shacknai told police he was trying to "nudge" her out of his car because she had reached for the ignition and tried to grab the steering wheel as he attempted to drive away. He also claimed he had been assaulted "several times" by his wife.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/coronado-m...ves-zahaus-personal-trainer/story?id=14124073

1. Dina complains Rebecca lived with Jonah several months before "meeting her". In fact Dina and Jonah hid from Kimberly she was living with Jonah for years

2. Dina complains Rebecca did not give her her real last name. Dina did not give her real first or last name to the kids GS / ES or Kimberly for years.

3. Dina complains Rebecca has a quick temper. Dina has been described as having a temper, running in front of cars, attempts at choking when enraged and other incidents of domestic violence. Dina's own sister claims that Jonah would never hurt anyone so the aggressor seems to be Dina.

Lets not forget that Jonahs first wife Kimberly had an order of protection against him during their divorce. The judge found Kimberly Shacknai's complaint compelling enough to grant it to her for 1 entire year.

Rebecca hardly seems to be the likely culprit regarding any violence in the Shacknai house. Quite the opposite.

Thank you, and welcome to WS. We all look forward to your contributions.

Excuse me, moderators, it really seems like this thread is going the way of victim bashing to me. Dina Shacknai lost her little boy.

Is any of this untrue concerning nina, cause all of this regarding Rebecca has absolutely been said about Rebecca by nina and dina AND others here
BTW, Rebecca and her family are victims too

Jt seems Dina is projection, IMO

<modsnip>

People who use the media to promote their own agenda have to realize they invite public opinion whether it be positive or negative. Both Mary and Dina fall into that category but the ball really is in Dina's court now that she's speaking out. The overwhelming positive support usually goes to the mother of the dead child, not dad's girlfriend who failed to keep him safe.

I think the media tide turned the moment it became public that CPS had been contacted by Rady Hospital and the EMT/Paramedic report noted no CPR was given to the child.

JMO

People who use the media to promote their own agenda have to realize they invite public opinion whether it be positive or negative. Both Mary and Dina fall into that category but the ball really is in Dina's court now that she's speaking out. The overwhelming positive support usually goes to the mother of the dead child, not dad's girlfriend who failed to keep him safe.

I think the media tide turned the moment it became public that CPS had been contacted by Rady Hospital and the EMT/Paramedic report noted no CPR was given to the child.

JMO

BBM Would you please post evidence or link this statement? Admittedly I've not had the time to follow this case lately. Was there something new in the news?

1. Dina complains Rebecca lived with Jonah several months before "meeting her". In fact Dina and Jonah hid from Kimberly she was living with Jonah for years

2. Dina complains Rebecca did not give her her real last name. Dina did not give her real first or last name to the kids GS / ES or Kimberly for years.

3. Dina complains Rebecca has a quick temper. Dina has been described as having a temper, running in front of cars, attempts at choking when enraged and other incidents of domestic violence. Dina's own sister claims that Jonah would never hurt anyone so the aggressor seems to be Dina.

Lets not forget that Jonahs first wife Kimberly had an order of protection against him during their divorce. The judge found Kimberly Shacknai's complaint compelling enough to grant it to her for 1 entire year.

Rebecca hardly seems to be the likely culprit regarding any violence in the Shacknai house. Quite the opposite.

Can you link any of this information up for me, please? How do we know that Dina did not use her real name? Or she has a quick temper?

Please provide some links here.

Thanks!

Salem

JMO

I think you are forgetting that many people are following Rebecca's case. In that case, most have a great deal of sympathy for Rebecca because they believe she was murdered savagely. I do not think it is a contest between who is getting the most sympathy, it depends on which case you are following. However, I think a good percentage of those watching Dina overtime, even if they have sympathy for her because her child died, have real questions about what she is doing and her own background.

<modsnip>

People who use the media to promote their own agenda have to realize they invite public opinion whether it be positive or negative.
JMO

BBM

Exactly. As does Dina Romano and her supporters.

Fair is Fair. Dina Romano has put herself out here for all to listen/read.

I think you are forgetting that many people are following Rebecca's case. In that case, most have a great deal of sympathy for Rebecca because they believe she was murdered savagely. I do not think it is a contest between who is getting the most sympathy, it depends on which case you are following. However, I think a good percentage of those watching Dina overtime, even if they have sympathy for her because her child died, have real questions about what she is doing and her own background.

Yes, I think it's possible to have sympathy for the loved ones of both victims. I will admit my sympathy for DS has been severely tested over time due to her treatment of the Zahau family and her documented history of domestic altercations. And I find it particularly difficult to muster sympathy for NR as a result of the interview in which she showed greater concern for lost yoga pants than for the loss of a human life. But I do believe losing a child is the greatest pain a person can possibly experience and in that sense I have a great deal of sympathy for DS, JS and Rebecca's parents.

I do not believe DS suspected Max was endangered in his home environment at Spreckels. According to NR, while Max was at Spreckels, DS felt comfortable enough to wear earplugs and retreat to a remote area of her home where she would not be disturbed by phone calls or the doorbell for several hours, regardless of circumstances. IMO, that suggests DS was confident Max was being cared for adequately at that time.

I also understand why anger would be directed at a caregiver in a situation in which a child is gravely injured. I think it's a natural response, in fact. And I think it's reasonable to expect caregivers to do what they can to minimize risk in a child's environment. But no amount of vigilance can prevent 100% of accidents. Additionally, most six year old children enjoy brief periods of unsupervised play and the expectation is not to have eyes directly on them at all times. That is not to say it would not be irresponsible to allow a child to play with a scooter at the top of a staircase, if a caregiver was aware of that behavior.

Oftentimes, accidents occur as a result of multiple risk factors coming together unexpectedly. One thing that perplexes me is that, in this case, while several factors may have conspired to create this tragic event, some of the most obvious are being ignored. For instance, the banister railing is reportedly too low. Why is that being ignored? If Max fell over the banister, is an inadequate banister height not as significant as the fact that he was unsupervised when he fell over the banister?

All of the above is just my opinion.

BBM

Exactly. As does Dina Romano and her supporters.

Fair is Fair. Dina Romano has put herself out here for all to listen/read.

I agree, but that is not how Dina wants the game to be played. She wants it played by her rules.....she must win. While I feel sad for her because she lost a child, and that is a tragic thing, IMO, her methods of making accusatory and disrespectful statements about Rebecca and CPD, cause me to think very little of her as a person.

I agree, but that is not how Dina wants the game to be played. She wants it played by her rules.....she must win. While I feel sad for her because she lost a child, and that is a tragic thing, IMO, her methods of making accusatory and disrespectful statements about Rebecca and CPD, cause me to think very little of her as a person.

I agree - if you substitute "Mary Zahau" for Dina.

I agree - if you substitute "Mary Zahau" for Dina.

Mary Zahau has not made any accusations as to who she thinks murdered Rebecca, nor has she publicly trashed Coronado Police Chief and the department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert