Discussion about Skyline, the groundskeeper, trucks - Looking for Clues

Why do you all think LE showed the truck in two different spots? I don't know what to make of that.

Two different witnesses said they saw it in two different spots is the easy explanation, but I don't know.

ETA: LE/DA flier from Aug 11 for reference:
http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom/081110_PressConferenceFlier.pdf

Not sure if it was seen in two different locations, or if LE was trying not to give the power of suggestion. If a witness, only one saw it in one of the locations, IMO LE wanted to see if there was anyone else who might have seen it in the same location.

I'm starting to think the theory there were two different white trucks is starting to gain some traction. :confused:

I don't know. LE was very specific in the presser, saying they were looking for sightings of the Horman truck. Because of that, I never thought they were looking for any truck but that one.

Why do you all think LE showed the truck in two different spots? I don't know what to make of that.

Two different witnesses said they saw it in two different spots is the easy explanation, but I don't know.

ETA: LE/DA flier from Aug 11 for reference:
http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom/081110_PressConferenceFlier.pdf

I surmised it could be that Terri said she parked in location A, but maybe a witness reported seeing a white truck at location B (the access road). I thought they were trying to determine if both sightings were the Horman truck or if there were 2 separate white trucks.

I'm starting to think the theory there were two different white trucks is starting to gain some traction. :confused:

I don't know... this is where they lose me. Adding accomplices and vehicles...

I've seen people reference Occam's Razor. That doesn't seem to apply any longer; the 'terri-did-it' theories just keep getting more and more convoluted. So I have to wonder why it's taking so much to pound that peg into place.

I think there were two white trucks - one: the Horman truck, two: the GK's truck.

IMO, I think different witnesses reported seeing a *white truck* parked in different locations (i.e. one witness said Skyline Blvd. and one witness said on the soccer field access road).

I wonder if TH told LE that she parked on Skyline Blvd?

And I wonder if a tip came in that reported seeing a *white truck* on the access road.

So, maybe LE doubted what TH told them about where she parked, hence the release of the flier showing the Horman truck parked in both locations.

I also wonder if after the GK came forward with his info, if LE may have begun to have doubts about the witness sightings & perhaps began to believe that what TH told them about where she parked was true (IF she told them she parked on Skyline Blvd, that is).

It's also possible that I'm completely off in left field. No pun intended lol.

ETA: I still think it's possible that the GK's truck on the access road may have been mistaken for the Horman truck.

I don't know... this is where they lose me. Adding accomplices and vehicles...

I've seen people reference Occam's Razor. That doesn't seem to apply any longer; the 'terri-did-it' theories just keep getting more and more convoluted. So I have to wonder why it's taking so much to pound that peg into place.

BBM

For me, Occam's Razor leads me to the stranger abduction theory.

I think there were two white trucks - one: the Horman truck, two: the GK's truck.

IMO, I think different witnesses reported seeing a *white truck* parked in different locations (i.e. one witness said Skyline Blvd. and one witness said on the soccer field access road).

And I wonder if a tip came in that reported seeing a *white truck* on the access road.

So, maybe LE doubted what TH told them about where she parked, hence the release of the flier showing the Horman truck parked in both locations.

I also wonder if after the GK came forward with his info, if LE may have begun to have doubts about the witness sightings & perhaps began to believe that what TH told them about where she parked was true (IF she told them she parked on Skyline Blvd, that is).

ETA: I still think it's possible that the GK's truck on the access road may have been mistaken for the Horman truck.

That's my thinking, too.

Where the track meets the access road.

kimster.jpg

Thanks for the photo, Kimster. I was trying to see if it was possible to turn around on the access road. Seeing the flyer picture of the "Horman truck" parked so far up the road makes me wonder how hard it would be to get back on the highway from there- either turning the big truck or backing it down seems hard to me. I think any truck parked there might have been the GK's.

Originally Posted by sorrell skye

And the third witness, TK, said he saw the truck in the parking lot. So could have been at least 3 trucks.

Wouldn't LE have known about GK's truck being there though? I mean, if they had figured out who all EMPLOYED BY THE SCHOOL, was there that day? That seems pretty elementary to me. :waitasec:

IMOO

You can just barely see it in that photo that Kimster posted, but there is a second chain across the access road, closer to the Skyline Road end. So, two chains to unlock and pass by.

Wouldn't LE have known about GK's truck being there though? I mean, if they had figured out who all EMPLOYED BY THE SCHOOL, was there that day? That seems pretty elementary to me. :waitasec:

IMOO

It bothers me that LE didn't know about him for so long. It bothers me a lot.

Given what the GK saw regarding the kids coming out the back door, I think any child who wasn't in his/her classroom or with his/her parent was at risk that day.

I think a lot of factors increased that risk for Kyron, a few of which I think are:
1) Previous behavior of not following instructions given by teacher (from KH and DY interviews) so maybe more likely to not be where he's supposed to be.
2) CSI T-shirt: Gives a perp a conversation starter.
3) Glasses (increased look of vulnerability)

jmo

Not sure where to post this..my wondefull husband drives a 4wd drive F250...I am 5 foot tall...he 6ft..plus ....whenver I go in his truck, which I hate to do..I park as far away from anything as I can, because, quite ..frankly it's the easiet place to park...to me I would like to know if it a a 2WD or a 4WD that Kaine had. or still does......makes a HUGH difference to me...cause I am very short, and best I can gather so is TH...i.

IMOO
I think they were thrown off by the fact that he was employed by the school system, not by Skyline specifically. He rotated throughout the system's schools and happened to be at Skyline that morning.

You can just barely see it in that photo that Kimster posted, but there is a second chain across the access road, closer to the Skyline Road end. So, two chains to unlock and pass by.

And if you saw a white truck parked at two different locations, well, the GK would have had to park his truck twice in order to get up to his work area.

I noticed something else- and I don't remember any discussion of it before.
The original newspaper interview with the GK was in the paper on 8/12. The press conference talking about the two truck theory was on 8/11. Could the GK have seen that and then went to the paper or LE, whichever came first, and said, hey, I have a white truck and I was there that day? (and I was briefly parked in two different locations when I arrived.)

I think they were thrown off by the fact that he was employed by the school system, not by Skyline specifically. He rotated throughout the system's schools and happened to be at Skyline that morning.

bbm...dave cut grass at kyron's school, but his employer is the city of portland.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100582364.html

Dave Stensen, a turf technician with the city of Portland, said he was not only at the school on the morning of June 4 but had to drive his truck up on that gravel road to access the soccer field he was mowing.
100812_investigators_photo_pickup_truck_access_road.jpg

bbm...dave cut grass at kyron's school, but his employer is the city of portland.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100582364.html

Dave Stensen, a turf technician with the city of Portland, said he was not only at the school on the morning of June 4 but had to drive his truck up on that gravel road to access the soccer field he was mowing.
100812_investigators_photo_pickup_truck_access_road.jpg

Sorry, that I said that he was employed by the school. That was my misinformation and I am deeply sorry for that.

Having said that however;

Knowing that he was employed by the city, would make it even more frustrating if LE-ALSO employed by the CITY, didn't know that he was there. IF in fact they didn't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back