Discussion Thread #60 - 14.9.12 ~ the appeal~

Status
Not open for further replies.
<Respectfully snipped>

Two things. You said to pour the water in slowly, which we did. There was no change to the water level.
Now you're demonstrating when water is poured from a bucket, which we also did, and it returned to its original level, not lower.

The level of water in our toilet appears to be exactly the same as OP's, and this is normal in Australia and probably SA too. Maybe where you live it's higher as in the video. I've seen toilets in the US where the whole bowl is basically filled!!! After the guy used the bucket and the bulk of water drained away, the water only filled the tiny hole. It was nothing like the amount of water in OP's toilet ... it was virtually non-existent. As you pointed out, this was not the normal level. Pouring water from a bucket is not a flush as such. We've travelled extensively and the water levels have invariably been similar to Oz.

There's nothing weird about Aussie toilets. In fact, it was Australia who developed dual flush toilets which many countries have now decided to use. ;) Let's agree to disagree. :)

Hubby renovates bathrooms.....we could get ours to automatically flush either. He thinks I'm mad.

Hubby renovates bathrooms.....we could get ours to automatically flush either. He thinks I'm mad.

Could or couldn't? Who'd have thought the toilet convo could have gone on this long. Mine thought I was mad too. Well, I'm a girl. That's men's business. :)

Could or couldn't? Who'd have thought the toilet convo could have gone on this long. Mine though I was mad too. Well, I'm a girl. That's men's business. :)

I agree this conversation soon went down the pan.................

I think OP should be locked in a room with all the resident 'girls' on here for 8 hours solid to answer all your questions.
Bet he would soon confess lol.

Hello! :greetings:My name is Yara and I'm from Puerto Rico. This is the first time I write a post but I've been reading you all for a few months. You have very interesting theories about what happened on Valentine's Day 2013. Soon I'll start telling you my own theories!

I just read that Carl is being charged with reckless and negligent driving for last August's? accident :judge: I want to know what you think! I love reading you! Have a great day or night!

Nathi Mncube &#8207;@mncube_nathi
Summons for Mr Carl Pistorious were issued by NPA Modimolle office in Limpopo -charge of Reckless or negligent driving

EWN Reporter &#8207;@ewnreporter
#CarlPistorius Limpopo police's Ronel Otto has confirmed Carl Pistorius will be charged with reckless and negligent driving. ML

#CarlPistorius police say all parties involved in the collision - except Carl - have co-operated with the investigation. BB

#CarlPistorius police say that that other driver has not been been charged. BB

Karyn Maughan &#8207;@karynmaughan
Carl Pistorius says he won't comment on reckless and negligent driving charge against him. He's due to appear in court in Feb @eNCAnews

Hello! :greetings:My name is Yara and I'm from Puerto Rico. This is the first time I write a post but I've been reading you all for a few months. You have very interesting theories about what happened on Valentine's Day 2013. Soon I'll start telling you my own theories!

Welcome, Yaritza .. look forward to hearing those!

.. interesting about Carl, too .. thanks for updating us on that :thumb:

#CarlPistorius police say all parties involved in the collision - except Carl - have co-operated with the investigation. BB

Hah! .. well what a surprise (not)!

#CarlPistorius police say that that other driver has not been been charged. BB

.. and the PR/spin made it sound like he was the victim at the time .. I (and I'm sure many others here) was quite sceptical about what we were being told.

Nathi Mncube &#8207;@mncube_nathi 2m2 minutes ago
The summons were issued late last year. By law summons must be served on him 14 days before the next date of his first appearance

EWN Reporter &#8207;@ewnreporter 18m18 minutes ago
#CarlPistorius family claimed shortly after the collision that another driver swerved into Carl&#8217;s lane, causing the crash. BB

I just read that Carl is being charged with reckless and negligent driving for last August's? accident :judge: I want to know what you think! I love reading you! Have a great day or night!

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome Yara. :welcome:

And thanks for the great update regarding Carl's August 2014 car accident. Very interesting that after Carl claimed other driver at fault and I believe a witness (conveniently a friend of Carl's following on same road) stated that other driver "allegedly" veried into Carl's lane, head on, causing horrific crash.....that police now charging Carl with reckless/negligent driving.

Looked for an article. Here is one I found. Unfortunately it tells very little (actually, nothing) on the who, what, where, why, how of what happened. Very little info in this article other than he will likely be charged & is to appear in court next month.

http://www.enca.com/south-africa/carl-pistorius-be-charged-negligent-driving

All I have to say is, Typical. The Pistorius Clan/mouth pieces point fingers at everyone else. Their fault. We didn't do anything wrong, etc etc. Now even a car accident that should have taken a few weeks (or less) to figure out what happened. Who's at fault etc...takes 5 months. But, Carl being charged. Interesting. I figured no news meant that Carl was at fault to some degree and that opposing injured party had been paid off. Reason for no news. Because, had Carl not played a role and the other driver truly at fault, likely that details would have been detailed inDepth & shared with the media so all the public would know.

Thanks Yara for sharing with us this new info! And again....WELCOME.

CP has responded ...

Carl Pistorius &#8207;@carlpistorius
RT &#8220;@karynmaughan: BREAKING: Oscar Pistorius brother Carl charged over the horror car crash that nearly killed him. @eNCAnews&#8221;
#bizarre

Well far be it for me to start any rumours off but I'm betting on ...............he was texting someone at the time :jail:

This article has a teeny, tiny bit more info...

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/carl-pistorius-faces-charges-1.1802887#.VK6yhGK9KSM

It states that all the other "parties & witnesses" turned in statements, except for Carl (despite several efforts, by the officer to obtain one).

Curious .... If Carl so innocent and other car ran into him, wouldn't Carl just say so? Even if he wanted to claim "don't remember anything following accident", he could have stated that others (people in car, friend following behind him who witnessed it) advised him that other car veered into his lane and caused accident. But of course, he would eventually have to name those people. Sounds like they're not agreeing with that now. Easy for his PR to post that stuff on social media, but another to have those "witnesses" come forward and state it in a court of law. ....although for the Pistorius clan, it's still very doable. Just may cost a little more than they wanted to spend after blowing so much on the other brother.

I'm predicting two things:
(A) we get to see Oldwage up in court again (snooze fest) representing Carl
(B) Carl states in court, "couldn't turn in statement as I don't recall a thing following the accident"

Is it me or does Carl Pistorius come across as one of the biggest hypocrites to ever walk this earth?, forever tweeting his biblical quotes like him and his family are the ones who have been wronged.
Wish someone would tweet him asking what God would think of someone who deleted evidence from a mobile phone before handing it over to the police.
Honestly the guy grinds my gears as much as Oscar.

Is it me or does Carl Pistorius come across as one of the biggest hypocrites to ever walk this earth?, forever tweeting his biblical quotes like him and his family are the ones who have been wronged.
Wish someone would tweet him asking what God would think of someone who deleted evidence from a mobile phone before handing it over to the police.

BiB.......................he's definitely the biggest but my word starts with 'W' not 'H' :)

For me, he comes over as someone who is a sandwich short of a picnic and who exists in an intellectual wilderness. His tweets suggest he is self indulgent and has no grasp of reality. Almost off the planet at times.

Welcome Yara. What a way to make your entrance here. Fantastic first post. This story has been on a slow burn with me ever since it happened.

:welcome4:

Carl Pistorius faces charges

See Picture of Aimee (being dragged into it again) with Carl arriving at the High Court in Pretoria. Aimee seems to have a full-time job attending court hearings for her brothers. When does she ever work?

Carl Pistorius will face reckless and negligent driving charges following an accident outside Modimolle, Limpopo.

This decision was made early January after Pistorius failed to submit a statement after many attempts to do so. However, statements were made by all the other parties and witnesses. The docket was sent to court where a prosecutor instructed that charges be laid against Pistorius. The matter will be heard in February, 2015.

The accident took place outside Modimolle, when Pistorius's car collided head-on with another at 8pm 1st August 2014. Carl Pistorius had to be freed from the wreckage with the Jaws-of-Life before he and the other driver were taken to hospital, both with serious injuries. Two passengers in his car were unhurt. The other driver was alone.

In May 2014, Pistorius was acquitted on a culpable homicide charge following an accident in 2008 in which a motorcyclist died. The Vanderbijlpark Magistrate's Court acquitted him on alternative charges of reckless or negligent driving, and driving without reasonable consideration for another person using the road.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/carl-pistorius-faces-charges-1.1802887#.VK9c_8mYTN8

Carl Pistorius was returning from a business trip in Polokwane at 8pm Friday evening. A colleague was following him in a different car and witnessed the accident, his uncle said.

Uncle Arnie weighs in to protect Carl: &#8220;Carl's vehicle was hit head-on by another car that had swerved from the opposite side of the (N1) highway into... oncoming traffic..&#8221; (But the other driver has not been charged, Uncle Arnie!)

How did a vehicle manage to get from one side of the N1 into oncoming traffic through a concrete barrier that would stop a tank dead in its tracks?

If Carl is innocent, why no statement? Looks as if he wants to see what the other witnesses have said first.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/cops-probe-carl-pistorius-crash-1.1729560#.VK9tp8mYTN8

The Pistorius brothers seem to have a death or prison wish - one with cars and the other with guns.

On 1 August 2014 Carl was involved in a head-on collision on the N1 highway at night. Traffic was backed up and moving very slowly on the opposite side of the highway to which Carl and his colleague (who was driving behind him) were travelling. Carl and the other driver were seriously and paramedics had to use the jaws-of-life to free them . “Both Carl and the other driver were seriously injured. We have heard stories that alcohol may have contributed to the accident. If so, that is not ruled out and will be determined by our investigation” said Limpopo police spokesperson Brigadier Hangwani Mulaudzi”. As Carl’s injuries were so serious, I find it hard to believe the hospital, let alone the police, didn’t do blood tests and were unaware of his blood alcohol level.

According to the police report OP had two other people in his car but they weren’t injured. The other driver was alone in the other car. http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Alcohol-not-ruled-out-in-Carl-Pistorius-crash-20140807

The same police spokesperson said in a different article that Carl was alone in his Toyota Corolla.

"We have opened a case of reckless or negligent driving and police and the Limpopo traffic department are investigating "Brigadier Hangwani Mulaudzi said. "The information will be collated into a centralised docket that will be sent to the director of public prosecutions for a decision."
http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2014/08/02/police-to-investigate-carl-pistorius-crash

Without further ado, Arnold said in a statement that "Carl's vehicle was hit head-on by another car that had swerved from the opposite side of the [N1] highway into... oncoming traffic" This was even before the police investigation had begun. You know how it goes – deny, deny, deny, and always blame someone else.
http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2014/08/02/police-to-investigate-carl-pistorius-crash

Ms Burgess (the family media manager) did not say whether he was driving or whether anyone else had been hurt in the accident. As I said in my post on 1 January, why mention the other poor guy. The only people who count are the Pistorius clan and damn the rest.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-02/pistorius-brother-badly-hurt-in-car-crash/5643720

A colleague of OP saw the crash. Arnold said in a statement, "He was able to tell us what happened".
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rother-in-intensive-care-after-car-crash.html

No-one can spin things better than this family, their friends and colleagues. The denials blaming others for anything and everything that reflects poorly on the family members are always out in the media even before the police have started their investigations.

Day after day the SAPS said they were still investigating the accident and hadn’t charged anyone. I find it really odd that it takes both the police and traffic department 5 months to charge someone. Because it’s a member of the Pistorius family – all of whom have a massive sense of entitlement – maybe Arnold was trying to make it go away but for reasons unknown couldn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500