Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget there's still some question about her claims of having owned a stun gun(as opposed to a taser) both in testimony and in her journal.

Something just strong enough to stun him and possibly make him obey her command to sit in the shower, it would definitely make one wary of getting zapped again but not enough to totally disable a person. That would be all the time she would need to pull out her knife and start attacking him. As for the gun, I still think although that may have been her initial plan, it likely jammed on the first attempt and after butchering him she unjammed it while standing over him and then shot him(take your pick for reasons, to confuse the police with the possibility of two attackers as it seemed she had planned, to make sure he couldn't possibly survive, or just as a final fu).

Anyway, thankfully JSS came through with LWOP and hopefully none of her appeals will make it past first reading.

I really don't think she used a stun gun. He was sitting and that alone would impair his ability to fight the monster who was determine to murder him three times over.

Travis was a human being. Human beings no matter their size can't withstand a stab to the chest with it going in 5.5 inches iirc. That one wound was a fatal wound. And so was the head shot and so was the slit throat. Any of those would make Travis weak and dying. All he could do is try to defend himself from the knife wielding maniac that was attacking him.

He was human..........he wasn't superman.

Many women even smaller than Arias have murdered men much larger than themselves. Women tend to use up close and personal weapons and are quite viscous.

IMO

So I've been wondering, if the murderer were to kill someone while in prison would she be given another trial for that killing?

JA is going to HATE prison.

Yes, she likes to project an image of relative happiness. But even in the best environment, she is empty and has intense rage & mood reactivity. Not to mention she believes she is entitled to creature comforts (remember when she asked the detective if she could borrow a sweater?).

In prison, JA will receive no attention. She will be bored, hot, hungry, and lacking meaningful sleep (have you seen her Perryville bed?). She'd never say it out loud, but I feel confident JA is going to experience great despair in prison.

There was a plea deal going on, but Danielle body was found and that took any deal off the table. There is a moratorium on the DP in California.

too bad! He should die the death of 1000 cuts, not a bad idea for CMJA either. In her case 10000 papercuts.

JA lies. The M.E.'s testimony from the autopsy told the real story. Plus the cast off bullet was sitting on top of blood. JA may have wanted to shoot him first but that didn't happen. JA is clinging to the "I had to defend myself against a raging TA" story and that story requires gun shot first.

Agreed about CMJA, but (as I'm sure you know) that doesn't mean the opposite of everything she said is true.

I suspect that Juan, on purpose, went on and on about the pain it causes the Alexander siblings to wonder if Travis was conscious when Jodi started sawing through his neck and throat -- Juan went on MARKEDLY long about that point IMO. I suspect Juan prepped the Alexander siblings for it. Likely criminal profilers were in on thinking up that stunt. JODI BIT THE BAIT !!

Agree, agree. I've wondered all day if certain comments by JM and the Alexander family were pre-planned "jabs" designed to make JA react. If the comments were 'by design,' they certainly worked!

I have truly appreciated all of you Sleuthers and your comments. I'm going back to my 'home' forum on WS, the Missing: Kyron Horman site.

Still waiting for Ky to be found.

This is what puzzles me in this horrible crime - how did Travis not be able to defend himself and stop the beast to murder him'

He was well build phisically, I don't know how could that little excuse do all that brutal demage in a young healthy man111

I don't know many details because I only knew about this case yesterday and have been trying to inform myself the best before the

sentencing today, which I watched. Was it ever explained how could her subdue Travis''

Do you know how or was it ever explained'

Because she held two weapons on him while he was vulnerable, naked, and wet in the shower, then forced him to cower. That's how. She may also have stun gunned him.

JA is going to HATE prison.

Yes, she likes to project an image of relative happiness. But even in the best environment, she is empty and has intense rage & mood reactivity. Not to mention she believes she is entitled to creature comforts (remember when she asked the detective if she could borrow a sweater?).

In prison, JA will receive no attention. She will be bored, hot, hungry, and lacking meaningful sleep (have you seen her Perryville bed?). She'd never say it out loud, but I feel confident JA is going to experience great despair in prison.

Having spent a good portion of my professional life working on locked "behavioral" units I recognized that request for a sweater from DF as a bald faced attempt at manipulation and I'm sure he did too. JMO she will attempt to manipulate PV with medical concerns of all kinds. Today she sported a carpal tunnel support, just the first of many of the medical hoops she will attemptto have the staff to jump through. She will avoid suicidal ideation with an expressed plan because that gets you a different wardrobe and situation.

All I can say after watching CMJA's grandstanding speech in court today (on HLN tonight) is thankfully she will be spending the rest of her miserable life rotting in prison.

Blessings to Travis' family for all they have had to endure since 2008 and may they find some peace now. Watching and listening to them in court today was heart wrenching, but at least they finally were able to address the court.

And to Juan Martinez, you made us all very proud.

I don't know. All this talk about Jodi fearing Perryville just doesn't match with her flat affect, her lack of remorse and being unemotional. She is one sick psycho and I don't think she fears what we would fear. I believe she will adjust well because she knows she has to. She believes she will get out someday with an appeal and so she must play the game to win. We know she is never leaving there. Yet she still believes in herself and her ability to manipulate. I don't see her getting what is due her until she leaves this world. What a rude awakening that will be for her. She stated she would be set free by death. Oh no Jodi. That's when your nightmares will just be beginning.

IMO The cmja blew chance with appeal by her arrogant need to have the " last word". ala " he was alive when I stuck
the knife in his throat" and "he was conscious".

I don't think she'll do well at all. Her "fan base" will eventually move on. Her family will not be able to visit her on a regular basis since they live in California. She's in prison now, the real deal. She's going to be surrounded by women that have nothing to lose. Even the most high profile prisoners aren't safe from attack. She doesn't like rules, she's proved that again and again. I see her spending a lot of time in solitary for committing infractions. She's created her own hell.
And CMJA wears her elitism and obnoxious delusions of grandeur on her sleeve for all to see. That will NOT be tolerated in Perryville Lumley Unit. All it takes is for someone bigger and more vicious than CMJA to reduce her to a blubbering blob of snot and tears. If she finds a paper cut painful, I would imagine a knuckle sandwich from Big Bertha will make her sob. This is what I think of CMJA (sorry mods)...she's just an evil-smelling toot whose stench is fading fast.

I don't know. All this talk about Jodi fearing Perryville just doesn't match with her flat affect, her lack of remorse and being unemotional. She is one sick psycho and I don't think she fears what we would fear. I believe she will adjust well because she knows she has to. She believes she will get out someday with an appeal and so she must play the game to win. We know she is never leaving there. Yet she still believes in herself and her ability to manipulate. I don't see her getting what is due her until she leaves this world. What a rude awakening that will be for her. She stated she would be set free by death. Oh no Jodi. That's when your nightmares will just be beginning.

If she didn't fear prison, she wouldn't have created so many delays, and tried to grease the wheels. She never really wanted the Death Penalty, she can't handle a paper cut, it stings! The only reason she wanted the Death Penalty was to be included in the group lawsuit trying to overturn it. She wanted the fame of Debra Milke.

My hopes for JA are this: a scratchy blanket, dirty sheets, shoes that gV her blisters, strange meat in her sammies, along w very bruised apples and any fruit...slightly off. And I hope she gets very fat and ugly...she will look much like her mother in ten yrs. Obese. All about da genes. I hope she experiences a blanket party when Sge gets into gen pop. Very painful, it breaks limbs and leaves you broken and in baaaad shape. Locks n socks will also do just fine. These r my wishes for JA, along w no dick again, ever. She will b forced to switch sides when in Rome....you know the deal. She will not b a rockstar in prison, she will be mainly....someone to b terrified of. If you r a smart inmate. And the final blow......her commissary at a zero balance because of restitution. All these things I wish on this wench from hell. She will b making pruno by week two. She may suicide, and get her wish of freedom and release...so I would put her on suicide watch two yrs min. Ev 15 min checks. No tv interviews ....she has her last 15 min of fame and it was today when she lashed out to pour salt into wounds so deep...on purpose. She will hurt someone else in jail and possibly will kill again...these r my hopes for JA.

I don't think she will be afraid. After all she has a most brutal killing under her belt, and she remembers it clearly, slitting a throat. Now, she has nothing left to lose. I would be afraid of her, not to mention she is a vindictive schemer.
Oh, I think CMJA will be very afraid - remember what a bully she is, and bullies are usually always cowards. Her bravado is one big act to upset TA's supporters and she's as transparent as a windexed window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal