Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for those of us who would like to find a little hint of FU Jodi, we can think of Samantha's "not worth my breath" words too. Nice. All in all, I feel like it was done very well.

Samantha is awesome!!! I think her tactic of not wasting breath speaking directly to the killer pissed the killer off more than her actual words did.

Cheers to you, Samantha, and rest assured that today you managed to rile that disgusting the way no one else--not even Juan Martinez--did.

I think Wilmott definitely using this for her own publicity as as attorney.

Life without parole. Such sweet words.

Most vivid memory for me is going to be JA's statement. Not promoting her "remorse". Not pleading for her life. The most impassioned speech she expressed was when she lambasted the family for the picture at the courthouse and their "attacks" on her. Classic sociopath.

ja's rapid fire delivery, pure evil entitlement with a healthy spoonful of snide....can you image what Travis experienced when he tried to distance himself from her? It must have been endless... How dare you!!! I am special!!!

Fox 10 reporting that it is said that JA 'feels good and is ready for the next part of her life'.

I wonder where in those "less than 2 minutes" JA's mad dash to TA's closet to retrieve his imaginary gun fits in?
That being the (ridiculous and most unlikely) scenario, she was fully clothed. He was naked. Why not just run out the front door?

I don't know what I'm watching on youtube .... whether it's current or delayed or what ... but Willmott just said it shoud have been a '2nd degree case'.

2nd degree case!!!!!

On what planet would that be then, because is sure as hell ain't planet Earth.

:gaah:

It's live

I just don't get why she said a mitigator was remorse? Did I mishear?

The judge HAD TO include that or it would have been further grounds for appeal. Just because she says she took it into account it does not mean she gave it any weight.

She came out of the fog just to obfuscate some more. She's a pathological liar. I don't believe a word coming out of her mouth. She did it to twist the knife one more time into the family.

I can't even imagine what went through Judge Stephen's mind when Jodi said she didn't lie on the stand ,and Travis was still alive when she slit his throat because he was still trying to kill her as he tried to flee down that and and then say that Travis was still alive?

Despite the fact that I sat through this trial from day one in 2013, I'm still shocked at how badly Wilmott behaved. Jodi's behavior -- I guess you couldn't expect anything different. But Wilmott! What was she thinking?!

You've made a big assumption there. ;)

JW live on Fox 10. Haha...saying it's unfortunate they didn't have this outcome 6 years ago, should have been a 2nd degree case. What has she been drinking?
More like, what has she been smoking? :silenced:;) Unlike what she said about her client, Willmott has had prior contact with police.

Will Nurmi trying to quit (again) right after she was sentenced and saying the killer wouldn't communicate with him, or whatever he said, will that help her claim he didn't assist in her defense?

I doubt it. He say SHE would not communicate with him, not the other way around. JMO

JW claiming that JA was never offered a plea of LWOP.

JA and her mother must have worked their voodoo on ole JW, because now she bathes herself in the Fabricate perfume big time.

I can't wait for that hot Arizona sun to start working it's magic on that EZ bake oven of a cell Jodi is going to be spendiing her time in.

She gave that tidbit about coming out of her fog to hurt the family once more, and told the gunshot first lie as a FU to JM/Flores. I can't believe those two statements didn't make JSS decide to go full blast on her .

I'm just grateful I had to go and pick my daughter up and missed the spawn of the devil and her mother.

Love reading all your comments though ...
Well I received a very important call I had to take during Jodi's statement and missed most of it. Does anyone have a link yet of her statement?

I think Wilmott definitely using this for her own publicity as as attorney.

I'm not sure "Proven results-I assisted a previous client in in getting LWOP!" is going to be on her business cards.

What was the "settlement" JA wanted? Was she asking to pled down to manslaughter or something? I can't remember the details but I do recall her promising to make life hell if she didn't get the "settlement" she wanted.

IIRC She wanted 2 nd degree, with time served. If she had been given that she would have spent less than 15 more years in jail. And she wonders why Juan didn't go for it?? SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname